Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2018, 12:13 AM

Default Stopping my AW registration

So I'm looking to stop my AW registration because I've decided part out the rifle I wanted to sell the lower. Do I just email CFARS with the Cris number and tell them to stop the process? I have never gotten a approval letter from them yet. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2018, 4:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

No way it will be that easy in Kommifornia. Probably have to unregister as raw afte rregistration complete. A lower is a hundred bucks or less new or used. Sell all the other parts first.
Old 09-18-2018, 3:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Fanboy82 View Post
So I'm looking to stop my AW registration because I've decided part out the rifle I wanted to sell the lower. Do I just email CFARS with the Cris number and tell them to stop the process? I have never gotten a approval letter from them yet. Thanks!

I've heard of people raising an issue in the CFARS issue, and then making sure that the application will be marked incomplete when reviewed, and then letting the application expire after 30 days. However be advised this will apply to any and all other line items within your application, so this might not be a good thing to do if you intend on other line items within the same $15 application to become RAWs.
Old 09-18-2018, 4:15 PM

Funny story, I got a call from the DOJ yesterday to tell me that I have to deregister the weapon even if it's in the process. When I got back home u got the letter from the DOJ about the approval...

Old 09-18-2018, 4:18 PM
Veteran Member

Honestly, keep the lower if it's an AR. You can just get another stripped lower for a featureless/fixed mag gun.
Old 09-19-2018, 1:25 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I second the above opinions that you may want to look into parting out the rifle but keeping the lower and its AW registration. You never know, in a year or 5 or 20, you might regret not having a BBRAW receiver in the system. Sort of like how many/most of us who don't have any SB23 (1999) RAWs regret it.

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 09-19-2018 at 1:28 PM..
Old 09-19-2018, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
I second the above opinions that you may want to look into parting out the rifle but keeping the lower and its AW registration. You never know, in a year or 5 or 20, you might regret not having a BBRAW receiver in the system. Sort of like how many/most of us who don't have any SB23 (1999) RAWs regret it.
Yes, keep the receiver. To date there is no REQUIREMENT to de-register an AW that has been transformed into a non-AW. Just be sure to keep the bullet button on it as that's the one thing that is getting all of us ladies panties bunched up and puckering our vaginas and rubbing it raw. As opinioned by the DOJ and by attempted regulation it is illegal to remove the bullet button QED if you do you will then be required to de-register it if you do or be in violation following their logic.

You will also be restricted on where it can be taken too. Common sense would say it is no longer can be used to shoot someone but this is California where the gun grabbers lack such common sense so it likely will have the locked safe condition storage requirements. It will also stay in the system with your name and probably have flashing lights and dangerous gun nut owner when LE looks up your name for a parking ticket so be prepared to be thrown violently to the ground and handcuffed for the safety of the community, the children, the women, and the men with small hands.

Go Figure....but if it was me even with all this downsides and getting why you do not want the hassle of having an assault rifle that is registered I would see keeping the receiver as a middle ground that has less risk and hassle.