Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 05-09-2019, 10:41 AM

Default City of El Cajon CCW vs. SD County

So things have always been hot in El Cajon, violence wise. With the current homeless, drug addicts, shootings, stabbings, I would like to write a letter to see where we are with the City of El Cajon starting to issue CCW vs. the SD County Sheriff.

Anyone have a suggestion on whether to start with the Mayor or the Chief of Police or both.

This weeks attack with a stick has me thinking about this even more seriously.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...509635381.html

I might just get a generic reply letter that they are looking into it but I figure the more people bring it up the better. After the Perulta loss, I am getting tired of waiting for the general good guy being able to get one.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplusplus View Post
So things have always been hot in El Cajon, violence wise. With the current homeless, drug addicts, shootings, stabbings, I would like to write a letter to see where we are with the City of El Cajon starting to issue CCW vs. the SD County Sheriff.

Anyone have a suggestion on whether to start with the Mayor or the Chief of Police or both.

This weeks attack with a stick has me thinking about this even more seriously.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...509635381.html

I might just get a generic reply letter that they are looking into it but I figure the more people bring it up the better. After the Perulta loss, I am getting tired of waiting for the general good guy being able to get one.
Just get in touch w/the PD and ask them to connect you to whoever (if anyone) processes concealed weapons permits.

You might try contacting them via FB:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/El-Ca...96352097093678

But why even mess w/the PD? Sheriff Gore liberalized his CCW issuance almost 2 years ago.

https://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw.html

Here's a link to a video and text telling you all you need to know to get a SDCSD CCW:
https://sandiegocountygunowners.com/ccw/

Be sure to join SDCGO to protect your 2nd A rights against county and city anti gun ordinances.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:27 AM

The issue still with the Sheriff is:

◾Good cause could include, but is not limited to, verifiable documented instances of threats to the personal safety of the applicant, his or her family, or employees. Threats to personal safety may be verbal or demonstrated through actual harm committed in the place of work, neighborhood or regular routes of travel for business. The applicant should articulate the threat as it applies personally to the applicant, his or her family, or employees. Non-specific, general concerns about personal safety are insufficient.

The way it reads, just because people in my neighborhood have been killed or seriously injured, I should just call a cop.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplusplus View Post
The issue still with the Sheriff is:

◾Good cause could include, but is not limited to, verifiable documented instances of threats to the personal safety of the applicant, his or her family, or employees. Threats to personal safety may be verbal or demonstrated through actual harm committed in the place of work, neighborhood or regular routes of travel for business. The applicant should articulate the threat as it applies personally to the applicant, his or her family, or employees. Non-specific, general concerns about personal safety are insufficient.

The way it reads, just because people in my neighborhood have been killed or seriously injured, I should just call a cop.
Did you read through ALL the materials at the SDCGO linked webpage, especially all the GC statements that have been approved?