Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-13-2018, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Did your approval notice discuss this? I haven’t seen the new system at work for initial issue, but I would think the approval would contain “next step” info.
I double checked with my brother who recently renewed. No appointment necessary.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:51 AM

I uploaded my final livescan and training documents and I am now waiting for my permit approval. Should I email SSD to check on my app?
Old 11-15-2018, 10:52 AM

I uploaded my final livescan and training documents and I am now waiting for my permit approval. Should I email SSD to check on my app?
Old 11-15-2018, 11:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthetwin View Post
No.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Based on your earlier posts, you received the OK to proceed with Live Scan and training. If you've completed the training, it is probably the Live Scan that is pending. CA DOJ will need to transmit the results, and the department will have to process it, before you will get something from them.

You can check the status of your Live Scan at: https://applicantstatus.doj.ca.gov/ to get an idea of where they are in the process.
Old 11-16-2018, 9:40 PM

My livescan cleared on 10/26
Old 11-16-2018, 9:58 PM
Calguns Addict

From the Sac Sheriff CCW website FAQ's:
Quote:
2. When will my application be processed? What is the status of my New/Renewal/Modification/Duplicate Application? Why does it still show “pending”? I submitted my application on “X” date – when will it be processed?

You can check the status of your application at any time. Using the Permitium website, click on ‘Order Tracker’ at the top of the page. In the drop-down box type in your order number and you will be able to access your CCW file. Note: Status updates are no longer provided by CCW Staff by email, telephone or walk-in visits. We cannot provide an estimate as to when your application will be processed.
Old 11-18-2018, 6:44 AM
Calguns Addict

My recent renewal took about 10 days.
Old 11-18-2018, 9:05 PM

Anyone know about how long it takes and how easy it is now days to add a gun to your permit. Several months back they weren't even processing modifications, only new permits. Just wondering if anyone has done it lately and how easy it is. I want to add a pistol. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2018, 9:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedude916 View Post
Anyone know about how long it takes and how easy it is now days to add a gun to your permit. Several months back they weren't even processing modifications, only new permits. Just wondering if anyone has done it lately and how easy it is. I want to add a pistol. Thanks.
You mean, like this? (Oct 24, 2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBillMan View Post
Just got notification message this afternoon that they've successfully processed my modification request... Only 11 Day wait... Great Job SAC County!

Last edited by Dvrjon; 11-19-2018 at 6:42 AM..
Old 11-21-2018, 10:13 AM

It's been two weeks since I uploaded all of my final documents. Still waiting!
Old 11-27-2018, 10:41 PM

I picked up my renewal today. Walked right in (first one in line at 134) and got my permit. Everyone was super friendly.
Old 11-28-2018, 6:43 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiagal View Post
I picked up my renewal today. Walked right in (first one in line at 134) and got my permit. Everyone was super friendly.
Thats awesome three weeks and waiting for me!

Old 11-30-2018, 7:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thats awesome three weeks and waiting for me!
Tim, don’t compare her experience with yours. It will just confuse and frustrate you.

Californiagal’s experience is for license renewal which doesn’t require Livescan processing through DOJ nor an in-depth background (it’s only a 2-year gap from last review.). If you look at her timeline, you’ll find she was renewed quickly but took some time to pick up the license:
Oct 30: Applied
Nov 7: Approved
Nov 27: License pick up
Nov 28: Old license expiry date.

Your process is for initial issue. The initial issue review process is longer because you’re new in the system and the Livescan results and review (which results in a DOJ report to the IA), along with a full background review and approval by the IA take time. You’re also bridging the holiday season which can slow things down due to time off schedules.

The process takes patience, but it will happen.

Best.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:37 PM

I understand that hers is a renewal. I got my permit issued on the 29th 👍
Old 12-02-2018, 1:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I understand that hers is a renewal. I got my permit issued on the 29th 👍
Cool.
Old 12-04-2018, 8:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Sac Sheriff new Course of Fire for CCW Based on the BSIS CoF:

The requirements include 50 rounds, twice, for each gun.

The first 50 are for practice; the second 50 for score.
Three (3) guns maximum on the permit; 300 rounds to license.

Seriously, fire 50 rounds of “practice”, then 50 for qual. Then 50 more for “practice”?

Other IA’s have published theirs, so next will be a discussion by progressives as to which is the more appropriate level of training, leading to state-wide adoption of a platform.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:04 AM
Veteran Member

Location: Moscow, Democratic People's Republik of Kaliforniazakstan

Quote:
Sac Sheriff new Course of Fire for CCW Based on the BSIS CoF:

The requirements include 50 rounds, twice, for each gun.

The first 50 are for practice; the second 50 for score.
Three (3) guns maximum on the permit; 300 rounds to license.

Seriously, fire 50 rounds of “practice”, then 50 for qual. Then 50 more for “practice”?

Other IA’s have published theirs, so next will be a discussion by progressives as to which is the more appropriate level of training, leading to state-wide adoption of a platform.

Yea, I have no idea why they and other entities don't just adopt the PC832 course of fire. Are they afraid that civis will meet the same minimum requirement as CA peace officers?

PC 832 Course of Fire Example 1

PC 832 Course of Fire Example 2

The course of fire is a 36-round course in which you will be firing 12 rounds from three distances at the allotted time periods:

3 yards - 30 seconds
7 yards - 30 seconds
15 yards - 45 seconds

At 3 yards you are to fire at the hip level (strong hand); at 7 yards you are to fire point shoulder (strong or both hands); at 15 yards you are to use sight shooting (strong or both hands).

At each distance you are to reload after the first 6 rounds.
The starting position for each distance is “standing, holstered".

Last edited by code_blue; 12-05-2018 at 10:25 AM..
Old 12-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by code_blue View Post
Yea, I have no idea why they and other entities don't just adopt the PC832 course of fire. Are they afraid that civis will meet the same minimum requirement as CA peace officers?
That would eliminate the argument that CCW carriers shouldn’t have the same access rights as LEO (schoolyards,et.), or, the waivers and exceptions applied to LEOs need to be curtailed.
Quote:
The starting position for each distance is “standing, holstered.
Since BSIS doesn’t require holstered ready (but does require kneeling ) it eliminates a safety hazard from the CoF.
Old 12-05-2018, 5:13 PM

Quote:
That would eliminate the argument that CCW carriers shouldn’t have the same access rights as LEO (schoolyards,et.), or, the waivers and exceptions applied to LEOs need to be curtailed. Since BSIS doesn’t require holstered ready (but does require kneeling ) it eliminates a safety hazard from the CoF.
Qualifying multiple people with 3 handguns on their permit is going to take a while.

Old 12-05-2018, 5:22 PM

I just qualified two weeks ago with the new COF and I qualified with two. They didn’t have us practice. I just went right up and was in the first group of five and shot both back to back. I passed both and was sent home by noon with my certificate. 50 rounds each and that was it. I was expecting g some range time prior in the class but that wasn’t the case.
Old 12-05-2018, 8:33 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
The course of fire is a 36-round course in which you will be firing 12 rounds from three distances at the allotted time periods:

3 yards - 30 seconds
7 yards - 30 seconds
15 yards - 45 seconds
12 rounds in that time frame is not going to work for revolvers, particularly J-frames that will require 2 reloads per course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 12-06-2018, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
12 rounds in that time frame is not going to work for revolvers, particularly J-frames that will require 2 reloads per course.
My CCW instructor modified the COF for 5 and 5 for revolvers