Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 PM
YOU are next!!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSICK View Post
Has it even made it out of the Assembly?
It is my understanding that the California Assembly Revenue & Taxation Commitee approved the bill on Friday, the 17th.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Please read the first post in the thread, and follow the link to the Legislature's bill page.

Still in the Assembly.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskieShooter View Post
Tried to email Bonta through his website with the following:

Please do not pursue AB187. Gun ownership is a Constitutional right. Taxing ammunition sales is the equivalent of a poll tax on voting and has been ruled unconstitutional under the 14th amendment (please see the 1966 case of Harper v. Virginia Board of Elections). Your proposed legislation is probably unconstitutional and if passed will open this state to litigation it can't afford. Thank you for your consideration on this issue.

My response? An error on the website: Address is not in District. Please contact your District Representative.

I guess the guy wants to pass laws that affect everyone in the state, but doesn't want to hear about it...

-Ruskie
Fax and call all of his phone numbers and addresses.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Some how I doubt that, when the majority of gun owners either reload, or buy it out of state. Who in this state keeps electing these retarded democrats that are writing these bills? All I'm seeing is, politicians who enjoy stripping the rights from the law abiding citizen and imposing their will upon those that don't agree with their views. Arizona is looking better and better each day.
Who keeps electing these people?

San Fransisco, Sacramento, San Diego and Los Angeles area welfare recipients.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
Yep. I used to work as a car rental clerk. If I remember correctly a one day, local car rental was $24.95. Of course that was 17+ years ago, but doing a little checking shows that the rates are still pretty much the same. Airports even have good places to park your car while you use theirs.

The more laws they pass the less inclined I am to follow them.
And if they want to get really gnarly about it, with out of state going "we don't sell to California residents" I have two out of state IDs. Expired, but that's my face, my name, and my date of birth. Only thing they card you for is proof of age and identity. State issued ID cards aren't proof of residency.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Using my .mil ID to buy in Vegas... Fuuuuu... I hate the voters in this state
Old 05-21-2013, 10:06 AM

Truth in that statement: SF, LA etc. control the legislature.

Their agenda is Sacramento's agenda.

They obviously feel the rest of us are third world hangers-on who deserve to be ignored.
Old 05-23-2013, 8:31 PM

Ok, I'm a bit confused. It seems that there is a 10% tax for the vendors that they can pass on to us, but it also looks like there is an additional "comparable excise" tax on the storage or use within California. So basically we're looking at somewhere around 20% taxes on ammunition? Or am I reading that wrong?
Old 05-23-2013, 8:36 PM

subscribe BUMP!

We Keep Them Flyin!
Old 05-24-2013, 4:39 PM

Failed passage out of the Appropriations committee today - last day for bills to be reported out of them to the floor.

Bill appears DEAD.