Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 11-29-2008, 6:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Funny things that happend to you when you served

True story

My GF came to visit me once on base. one of my buddies was doign guard duty. he knew her but he still had to go through the process. He asked her about where she was going, her visit etc. At the end he tells her that she needs a sticker to park on base. ( I gave her a parking sticker earlier in the week to place on the window) She tells him oh yeah its on the back window. he walks back there and its a USMC sticker right over her breaklight. ( the kind that recruiters give out) Later I found out she lost the parking sticker so she went to the local recruiting office and got some stickers. She wasnt the smartest but she was definately the cutest.
He and his partener start busting up. They let her through but we all had a good laugh about it later when I heard the story.
Rob
Old 11-29-2008, 7:23 AM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I was at Camp Frank D. Merrill down in Georgia back in '89 providing Medevac support for the mountain phase of Ranger training. One of the last things the trainees do as part of this phase is an airborne insertion, this particular trip they were jumping out of Huey's.

The doors were pinned open and the team members were sitting on the floor with their legs hanging out the side. This one particular teams radioman happened to be sitting on the edge back by the well, left side. Just so happens that this is about the windiest spot one could pick. Combined with this wind and the extra load of the PRC-77, this ranger hopeful FELL OUT OF THE HELICOPTOR!!!!! Now that wasn't all.. he then deployed his parachute and landed safely, but he was probably 10 or 20 miles from the drop zone. So what does he do? In typical ranger fashion he pulls in his 'chute and goes completely tactical on us. We ran a SAR operation trying to find this guy from the air, along with the rest of the Hueys involved in the air drop, until we ran out of fuel. They finally found the guy after he started a small fire to create a smoke signal to pinpoint his location... apparently that was better than using the radio he had with him.

John
Old 12-01-2008, 5:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Location: Camp Parks Ca, Ft McCoy Ft Bragg, Ft Knox, Harvey Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlivingston View Post
I was at Camp Frank D. Merrill down in Georgia back in '89 providing Medevac support for the mountain phase of Ranger training. One of the last things the trainees do as part of this phase is an airborne insertion, this particular trip they were jumping out of Huey's.

The doors were pinned open and the team members were sitting on the floor with their legs hanging out the side. This one particular teams radioman happened to be sitting on the edge back by the well, left side. Just so happens that this is about the windiest spot one could pick. Combined with this wind and the extra load of the PRC-77, this ranger hopeful FELL OUT OF THE HELICOPTOR!!!!! Now that wasn't all.. he then deployed his parachute and landed safely, but he was probably 10 or 20 miles from the drop zone. So what does he do? In typical ranger fashion he pulls in his 'chute and goes completely tactical on us. We ran a SAR operation trying to find this guy from the air, along with the rest of the Hueys involved in the air drop, until we ran out of fuel. They finally found the guy after he started a small fire to create a smoke signal to pinpoint his location... apparently that was better than using the radio he had with him.

John

ahhh! now thats priceless! Normally I would talk smack, but since im Army now, cant really do that!

Some highlights from my time in the Marines & Army

* conducted "J" turn offload/onload training as a coxswain in Cornado, didnt wear my wetsuit because I didnt think I was going to be getting wet, as luck would have it, a stalled engine, 4-5 foot waves at 7 second intervals = a very wet stormfeather, during the month of January. Learned the true meaning of hypothermia that night.

* got picked to help field test SPIE rigging setups. Almost got dragged into a dipsy-dumpster while hanging below the helo by a helo pilot who didnt know what he was doing. Learned to never trust experimental systems, and never be the first guy to offer to test it out!

* Had a tomahawk missle launched on a oil platform we were in the process of taking down, 3 minutes ahead of schedule!!, needless to say, evac off of the platform was a total cluster**** once we got the word we had incoming. Lesson learned, always have comms!

* was asked by a SGT in the Army if I had enough time in service to get promoted, I asked him what year he was born, he said 1989, (the same year I was working joint drug-interdiction in SA) He stopped asking me questions after that.

* Just today, had beef kabobs or chicken steak for our choices at lunch, now for dinner we have a choice of chicken kabobs or beef steak! Only in the military!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene

Last edited by Stormfeather; 12-01-2008 at 6:35 AM..
Old 12-01-2008, 5:59 AM
Calguns Addict

* Got stopped losted!

* Was on a small camp (not there anymore) for resupply somwhere in Iraq during the invasion. An Army Cpt. forced us to salute him! We didn't of course!
Old 12-01-2008, 7:05 AM

In basic my DS tripped and ate ***** while leading the platoon for DnC
Old 12-01-2008, 7:28 AM

when we were in india buddy of mine ate it and fell in huge pile of cow ****. he had to sit by himself for the rest of the day. also in india moving down this ridiculous draw, this weirdo saw gunner we had fell and rolled about 100m head over heals to where i was, it was night i heard something looked back through my nods see a ball of legs and arms rolling and all you can hear is f***, shi** ow ow, repeat. then he stopped and layed there in an unnatural angle, it was hilarious.