Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences Discuss Concealed Carry Permit/License classes here.

Old 01-22-2016, 2:35 PM

Default California CCW and BSIS Exposed Firearms - $100 - 5 March - Sac Valley

California CCW and BSIS Exposed Firearms - Initial Class
CCW:
Sacramento County
Ripon
Manteca
City of Merced
Nevada county
As more cities/counties become available, we will update this post.

PRICE: $100 OR $140 to use this class for BOTH permits.
Includes: Range fees, all calibers/guns you can list. (CCW max 3 guns, BSIS 7 calibers)
Registration for this will open 10 February 2015 and done thru our website.
A $50 deposit is required. The remainder may be paid the day of the class or on range day.

All students who come to the initial class can take 1 regularly scheduled Workshop or Clinic level AND 1 regularly scheduled Primitive level pistol class for $50.

7 Days Prior Refund:
If something comes up and you can’t attend after you register, you have until 27 February 2016 to cancel your registration and get your full $50 deposit back or you can use that deposit for a different scheduled course

DATE:
5/6 March 2016.

TIME: (includes a 1 hour lunch)
Day 1: 8am-5pm Day 2: 8am-4pm.

CURRENT AMOUNT OF SLOTS:

DAY 1 KEY POINTS:
-Intro
-Paperwork process.
-Moral and legal aspect of carrying a firearm.
-Guiding deadly force principle.
-Criminal and civil liability.
-Force examples and scenarios.
-Firearm nomenclature, maintenance, and safety.
-Safety and storage in the home.
-Gear selection.
-Review/written exam.
-Range rules and brief for Day 2

DAY 2 KEY POINTS:
-Recap Day 1 learning points.
-Pistol shooting fundamentals.
- Dry practice: drawing from the holster, 2 hand standing, 1 hand standing, 2 hand kneeling.
-Dry practice course of fire.
-Live fire practice.
-Live fire qualification

REQUIRED MATERIALS:
Handgun:
CCW: MUST provide your own firearm. We cannot provide a firearm for this.
BSIS Gun Card: FREE access to a 38/357, 9mm, and 40SW to add to your permits. Just buy ammunition at the range office. Call ahead to ensure they have ammo.

100 rounds of ammunition for first gun/caliber.
50 rounds for each additional
Minimum 2 magazines or 2 speed loaders. You can get away with 1 speed loader but 2 is better.

OPTIONAL GEAR:
Holster (Belt or thigh ONLY and you MAY shoot from concealment. Appendix carry is fine)
Magazine pouches
Belt or chest rig capable of supporting all gear
Ear and eye protection

COURSE OF FIRE:
Unless there is a mandated course of fire by certain cities or counties, we use the BSIS Exposed Firearms course of fire. This course can be modified for certain CCW shooters if they have handguns with a 5 shot or less capacity.

Stage 1: 15 yards 6 rounds in 30 seconds (5 seconds per shot) all 2 hand standing position

Stage 2: 7 yards 14 rounds in 45 seconds (includes 2 reloads) (3 seconds per shot with 3 second reload) (revolvers- load 6, 6 and 2) 6 standing position 8 kneeling position

Stage 3: 7 yards 6 rounds in 10 seconds (any BSIS shooting position) (1.5 seconds per shot)

Stage 4: 7 yards 12 rounds in 25 seconds (includes reload) (2 seconds per shot with 1 second to reload)(Load 6 and 6) 6 strong hand unsupported (reload and switch hands) 6 weak hand unsupported.

Stage 5: 5 yards 6 rounds total -3 rounds in 4 seconds (2 stages) (about 1 second per shot)

Stage 6: 3 yards 6 rounds total- 2 rounds in 3 seconds (3 stages) (1.5 seconds per shot)

REVIEWS FROM PRIOR CLASSES
Nov 2014 class
DGoodale- "if your're looking for a no nonsense course CCW course this is the one."
Demetri- "James took the dull content and turned it into something worthwhile. I wish I could attend everything EagleDefense has to offer."

Dec 2014 class
NoobieGunner- "Man does James know his stuff! I would highly recommend taking any of the courses EagleDefense puts on. He's patient with new shooters and huge on personal safety,"
Santaowns-"He helped me become a better shooter in one day than any of my previous experience."

ROSTER
Roster
1. Karson K.
2. Crystal A.
3. Alan K.
4. Gena M.
5. Husband of Gena.
6. Carl L.
7. mx0317

See website for registration. www.EagleDefenseTrng.com
Like our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/EagleDef
Email us with questions James@EagleDef.com
IG: EagleDef

Last edited by EagleDefense; 02-10-2016 at 4:36 PM..
Old 01-23-2016, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member

Wow, what a deal. Sign up quick folks.
Old 01-23-2016, 1:44 PM

Registration will open in a few weeks.

I don't have my own fancy office or building (other then my living room) and I have a full time job so I don't have to worry about paying my bills with these classes hence the classes being priced the way they are.

Sometimes people like to confuse price for quality ;-)

Old 02-01-2016, 6:09 PM

Registration is open and already 3 students have registered.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:16 AM

Roster updated.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:17 AM

Quick reminder:
$100 includes ranges fees and all the guns and calibers you're allowed to add.

Also, you get 1 regularly scheduled basic level class and 1 regularly scheduled Primitive Pistol class for $50 each.

Old 02-10-2016, 4:37 PM

Roster updated.

Old 03-07-2016, 6:02 PM

Default Eagle Defense is AWESOME!!

Me and my husband just want to give a big THANK YOU to James and Garrett for an awesome weekend class!! Not only was it a very informative class but it was one of the funnest classes we have ever be to! Day 1 in the classroom was a success, James went over a ton of information but made it fun and kept the whole class focused. Day 2 was a wet one but was still awesome! James and Garrett went over more safety information before we hit the range. They were both so helpful and patient with everyone on different levels. We learned so much in just a day from them. They are both amazing teachers and great men!! We cant wait for our next class with them!!!! 🔫🔫🔫🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Old 03-07-2016, 9:43 PM

Just wanted to give James and Garrett A++ training !!!! FYI I don't get any discounts or freebies from these guys. I paid in full and it was worth every penny.( Day 1 )was great James covered all the fun stuff regarding CA laws and what you as a responsible gun owner should know . I was glad James and Garrett brought some humor followed along with a great personality which makes the class less dull and keeps everyone in tuned.(Day 2) James and Garrett went over safety ,gear,safety,safety and more safety before we hit the range . Before going (hot)" live fire" we did lots of practice drills and fundamentals of proper firearm handling big thumbs up !!!both instructors were very patient with new shooters to pro shooters. Rain or shine guys and gals so gear up accordingly. I'm glad we got the opportunity to train in the rain because bad guys won't care if its raining or shining. Please don't hesitate to ask these guys any questions there real people and real instructors that know what there doing. I definitely will be taken more classes with these guys again big thanks for an awesome weekend!!! Best regards - Joseph k
Old 03-08-2016, 9:58 AM

Great guys and very informative training, really happy I took this class. Day 1 was the classroom portion and it was educational and it was entertaining. The instructor did a great job explaining the legalities and responsibilities of carrying a firearm, and kept the class enjoyable. Day 2 was range time. The instructors gave good tips on what gear to buy and what to avoid. The shooting was fun, and I was able to learn a lot since the instructors were able to keep it short and simple. We were able to practice 50 rounds before qual, and it allowed for me to get mentally prepared before the actual qualification. Overall, the course was really fun and I learned some things I had never even thought about. I'm a self taught shooter who has been shooting for almost 2.5 years and James and Garrett were able to teach me even more techniques to improve my shooting skill. The drills that were given were simple and appropriate for this level of class, James and Garrett both did a great job teaching all the course materials while still being able to give a good amount of 1 on 1 time to the people who needed it. The instructors were great guys and they were effective teachers who will be able to help you improve your own skills while gaining new knowledge about the responsibilities of carrying a firearm. I will definitely go back to this class for my recertification.
Old 03-15-2016, 8:57 PM

When is the next class?
Old 03-16-2016, 4:42 AM

21 May

Here's the link for the Facebook event. Haven't made a CalGuns for it yet. Registration will open up around mid-April
https://www.facebook.com/events/212506945766080/

Old 04-13-2016, 2:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I also recommend James at Eagle Defense. Took your class sometime in late 2014 and enjoyed the class, had fun, and appreciated the reasonableness of your fees.
Old 10-24-2016, 9:59 PM

I just took one of James class a few weeks ago and it was awesome. (You can't beat training in the middle of a rain storm.)
He knows his stuff and is great at answering any questions that you may have. I wouldn't go anywhere else and will do all future pistol courses with him.
I recommend his class to anyone out there looking to do their CCW initial training course, CCW renewal or just looking to get more hands on pistol training.

Thanks James!

Last edited by Xeng; 10-24-2016 at 10:02 PM..
Old 10-25-2016, 9:47 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I was there with you, Xeng. That was some rainstorm!

I've taken classes with 3 others and I enjoy the fact that James just sticks to business without bringing a big ego along with him.

James just posted a bunch more classes on his Facebook page which is were he's focusing his advertising.
Old 10-29-2016, 9:22 AM

Hi harbinger007. It was nice meeting you and yes, training in the rain is awesome.

I will definitely sign up for James' s course again in 2 years.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk