Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 AM

Default Not Tomorrow, TODAY! We Need

The War for our rights needs to be fought TODAY, not tomorrow!

Yes we give/support/$$$ to the NRA and other organizations that advance what we agree with, but lets face it they are NOT working! Instead the left is advancing it's agenda and government keeps giving itself new powers (they have become appendages of each other), and we the public are losing our rights and freedoms.

We saw in NY state that media printed the addresses of registered gun owners.

1st we need the private email addresses of every elected official both state and Fed. They isolate themselves, only providing the illusion of contact with their constitutes using form email contact forms, which are NEVER read, their staff catalogs and then delete those emails.

Do we need their home address? Where we can send mail to and even rally in front of their homes. They certainly don't listen to our phone calls, would they listen if 200 show up on their door step? Instead of a "townhall", lets have a "homehall" with our elected representative.

I have tried to find email addresses for congressmen & senators, yet it seems that when they get elected the internet is scrubbed of any previous reference with their email or contact info.

I'm willing to write a message every other day to my congressman and senators, as well as state representatives, prior to last election I used my local congressman's form email at least 20 times and never once received anything more than automated reply. I offered to volunteer for his reelection campaign, and volunteer for other functions, as well as give a election donation, provided I actually got a real response from any of my emails, and never received reply written by a person instead of automated reply.

Lets get started we have a long hard war to win...
Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM

I'd be interested to know what if anything the NRA is planning to do to fight the gun laws recently passed in NY. I would have thought that a suit with a request for injunction would have been filed by now. What are they doing with the money we donate?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:24 AM

my sentiments exactly. A prelim injunction should have been filed, immediatly after signing. They should have had it drafted and ready. ridiculous
Old 01-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr16o49 View Post
my sentiments exactly. A prelim injunction should have been filed, immediatly after signing. They should have had it drafted and ready. ridiculous
He can you have a lawsuit ready to file aginst a law that has not been written? It takes months to put together a good lawsuit, find the right plaintifs, and do the background research.

Sure, the NRA probably has research and plaintifs ready to go, but they still have to write the lawsuit.

Lawsuits need to refrence detailed parts of the law and talk about the exact wording.

Please learn a little bit about how the court system works before saying things like this.

Last edited by unusedusername; 01-22-2013 at 11:24 AM..
Old 01-22-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusedusername View Post
He can you have a lawsuit ready to file aginst a law that has not been written? It takes months to put together a good lawsuit, find the right plaintifs, and do the background research.

Sure, the NRA probably has research and plaintifs ready to go, but they still have to write the lawsuit.

Lawsuits need to refrence detailed parts of the law and talk about the exact wording.

Please learn a little bit about how the court system works before saying things like this.
They haven't even announced their intentions to file a suit. They are silent. You don't have to have the suit ready to file to let your members know you intend to file do you?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:00 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogstir View Post
They haven't even announced their intentions to file a suit. They are silent. You don't have to have the suit ready to file to let your members know you intend to file do you?
Just because you have no real clue whats going on, doesn't mean nothing is happening. Have a little patience.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk1 View Post
Just because you have no real clue whats going on, doesn't mean nothing is happening. Have a little patience.
Their silence looks like acquiescence. There are millions of gun owners out there who should be but aren't NRA members. The ones trying to decide whether or not to donate or join are not encouraged by apparent non action. They want to be sure their money is going to an organization that will do real things in real time.
The pro 2a citizens need a victory to avoid apathy. As it appears that any such victory will have to come from the court who tends to take forever to decide cases and issue rulings, it becomes more important to show that some strong action not simply speeches are forthcoming.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Uhhh the NRA has done a lot. The number of people flocking to the NRA has scared most lgeislators into in a change of votes. What we need is for our enemies to make more pushes to wake more people up to the threat.
Old 01-22-2013, 1:16 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Their silence looks like acquiescence. There are millions of gun owners out there who should be but aren't NRA members. The ones trying to decide whether or not to donate or join are not encouraged by apparent non action. They want to be sure their money is going to an organization that will do real things in real time.
The pro 2a citizens need a victory to avoid apathy. As it appears that any such victory will have to come from the court who tends to take forever to decide cases and issue rulings, it becomes more important to show that some strong action not simply speeches are forthcoming.
Did you really read what you wrote above?

Reality is not like television. It takes a bit more attention span than that.
Sorry that you can't have everything you want in thirty minutes...
Old 01-22-2013, 2:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
I belive the NRA is looking into a suit as you complain. Oh wait, here it is.

http://www.nysrpa.org/
Quote:
NYSRPA, in co-operation with the NRA, are having the Cuomo law reviewed by a highly qualified legal team. We ask that no other 3rd party legal action be taken without prior consultation. We realize that this law impacts a large number of people, but a proper legal review will take some time. NYSRPA/NRA will be filing a Notice of Claim prior to submitting a brief on the merits of the constitutionality of the new gun law. Involved in the lawsuit will be two of the nations best 2nd Amendment attorneys. This is a very important proceeding and must be handled properly with the best lawyers. We will not win without support from gun owners. You can help either by joining/renewing your membership or making a online donation.
Old 01-22-2013, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj805 View Post
I belive the NRA is looking into a suit as you complain. Oh wait, here it is.

http://www.nysrpa.org/
Good, but they should announce their intentions to members and the public. I looked on the NRA blog, website, NRA/Ila page and all I could find was this buried in an announcement on NY new gun laws on their facebook page.

"This legislation is still just days old, and highly complex, and we are still analyzing the legislation to determine what recourse we may have. One avenue is litigation, and we are working with the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association on a potential suit. NRA is committed to challenging this reprehensible law, and is working to proceed appropriately, using sound strategy that promises the best chance of success. And, of course, we will be working in the next election cycle to defeat those lawmakers who voted against the Second Amendment rights of New Yorkers--especially those who previously had pledged their support for our rights."

Need to publicise their intentions more.
Old 01-22-2013, 9:12 PM

So how about email addresses, some one knows someone who knows.
Old 01-22-2013, 9:37 PM

Quote:
I'd be interested to know what if anything the NRA is planning to do to fight the gun laws recently passed in NY. I would have thought that a suit with a request for injunction would have been filed by now. What are they doing with the money we donate?
The NRA is on it.

http://www.nysrpa.org/index.php?opti...860&Itemid=192

Legal action against Cuomo gun law
NYSRPA, in co-operation with the NRA, are having the Cuomo law reviewed by a highly qualified legal team. We ask that no other 3rd party legal action be taken without prior consultation. We realize that this law impacts a large number of people, but a proper legal review will take some time. NYSRPA/NRA will be filing a Notice of Claim prior to submitting a brief on the merits of the constitutionality of the new gun law. Involved in the lawsuit will be two of the nations best 2nd Amendment attorneys. This is a very important proceeding and must be handled properly with the best lawyers. We will not win without support from gun owners. You can help either by joining/renewing your membership or making a online donation

The response to our challenge to the Cuomo gun laws has been overwhelming! Many of you have asked how can we help or donate? You can help by telling everyone you know about this effort. You can donate by going to the link below and make a credit card donation (mark LDF in the 3rd address space) or mail checks marked LDF to:

NYSRPA
90 S.Swan St Suite 395
Albany, NY 12210

https://www.kintera.org/AutoGen/Simp...eJVJaPPLrI3KjK