Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:29 AM

Default Suggestion - link colors

It would help tremendously if the forum could use a different color for threads/links that have been visited/read and/or marked read, AND to hold that state/color after exiting and returning to the site.

I have tried third party browser plugins, but for some reason this site is not holding the state/color when I exit and return to the site. The plugin works for all other sites/forums...

Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited by tzr95206; 01-20-2019 at 2:02 PM..
Old 01-23-2019, 5:44 PM

typically in vbulletin forums, unvisited threads or threads with new posts will automatically be bumped and the titles bolded. this is specific for each user as the software logs your sessions. what's new for you may have already been read by someone else. any new threads or threads with new posts get bolded.

all that to say, i don't think it's a function of your browser or plugins. it's a function of the hosting software itself.
Old 01-23-2019, 6:39 PM

Yes, I understand the bolding. That part is working. But other forums I visit actually change the color of a thread that I have visited. That color sticks, regardless of bold or not bold, or whether I leave the site/come back. I wish this site had that color feature.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:14 AM

I think you are wasting your time posting suggestions here.
If the Mods/Admin read these posts they should at least acknowledge the suggestions out of courtesy.
I don't see that happening with this and other suggestions here.