Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns > Handguns Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Handguns Gallery Post your pictures of your favorite sidearm here.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:09 PM

Default My Para 18.9 HiCap after a few mods

Got this P18.9 about a month ago, came with a box, the bushing tool and one 10 round mag. Immediately getting it I drove to the local range to test it out and get a feel for it. First thing I noticed was the sights were way off, after a little adjustment I was able to get it to shoot POA at 20 yds. Had a few extraction and feed problems but I chuck that up to the crappy lead range reloads I was shooting. The failures could have been due to how freakin dry this thing was as well.

After getting it home I did a complete strip, and lubed it up really well, then ordered a whole bunch of parts.

First thing I did was to order the TJcustoms 80's to 70 series conversion plate and removed all of the 80's series parts in hopes of improving the sh*tty trigger pull. Also got rid of the original plastic trigger as I couldn't stand the up and down sided to side movement and really bad take up and set. Next I did a trigger and action job (now 3-4 lb crisp pull and break), replaced the original two piece extractor with the EGW HD extractor and replace all of the springs with a Wolff Spring refresh kit. The barrell ramp was then polished to a mirror finish and after the chamber got a brief FLITZing to help with extraction. VZ grips, grip tape and the EGW magwell was installed last.

Old 03-22-2013, 1:45 AM

Very tasteful!! This is at the top of my list for this year.

Luis Jr
Old 03-22-2013, 8:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I like it, thanks for sharing!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:13 PM

Thanks guys! Its really been a joy to shoot and tinker with. I'll be looking for the P16.40 pretty soon as well