Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 11-17-2017, 4:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
The sign of a good troll is people still infighting 3 pages and 31 days after he left the room.
I don't think he was trolling. I've continued because I like a good discussion. Seems that ended a few days ago though...
Old 11-17-2017, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vliberatore View Post
They absolutely do matter. People and politics change. More recent actions absolutely hold more weight than older ones.
That would certainly be true if both the past action and the present action are of the same absolute magnitude, but that is not the case here.
Old 11-18-2017, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
The sign of a good troll is people still infighting 3 pages and 31 days after he left the room.
here, let me help clear things up.

also, I have come to agree that a second echo chamber inside of a larger echo chamber would be useless. but apparently so is asking a large group of grumpy old guys to be civil to those they perceive as enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread

Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!

Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.
Old 11-18-2017, 3:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharxbyte View Post

also, I have come to agree that a second echo chamber inside of a larger echo chamber would be useless. but apparently so is asking a large group of grumpy old guys to be civil to those they perceive as enemies.
We have atheists, Buddhists, LGBQT..., minority groups, women, youths, and Independents here that get along quite peacefully despite being the supposed "enemy" of the "White, Christian, Republican, hetero male" echo-chamber stereotype.

Only oxymoron, 2A Democrats get flack because they directly contribute to things like Dianne Feinswine. If you can prove that you walk the walk then you can find a niche like the aforementioned have.

Last edited by HibikiR; 11-18-2017 at 3:54 AM..
Old 11-18-2017, 6:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharxbyte View Post

Why would you expect that we (young, atheist, lgbtq, white guy btw, not your “grumpy old guys”) to be civil with people who advocate for a party and ideology bent on stripping me of my civil rights?
Old 11-18-2017, 9:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by floogy View Post
I'll point out the irony in your post.

Calling out the entire "Right" for their rhetoric, when the Left has been at least as hateful and vitriolic (an understatement) since Trump was elected. There weren't any Right Wing riots against Obama or progressive speakers at universities when he was in office.

Citadelgrad is 100% correct. CA Democrats are anti-gun. Full stop. There may be a few (very few) moderate pro 2A Dems in other states, but certainly not here. CA Dem politicians vote party line, which includes gun control. It is absolutely black and white when it comes to gun control in CA. There are no "gray areas" with CA Dems because they don't need to compromise on anything since they have a super majority. Maybe some other places Dems may need to work with their GOP colleagues but there's no need for that here with a 2/3rds majority.

To me, GOP is the lesser of two evils. That's what we have until the US wakes up and realizes they're getting it in both ends from ALL politicians who are just working for themselves and their cronies.

You can't have it both ways. Supporting Democratic politicians is supporting anti 2A policies. Supporting the GOP supports the 2A but also supports conservative policies which some may find unappealing.

Is the 2A an inalienable civil right? Or is it just for hunting and sport shooting and subject to "common sense" restrictions, whatever that may mean to those in power? Choose, but you can't have both.
Politicians is one thing, healthcare and other issues are another. That's where he's wrong, assuming you can't support 2a and 1a at the same time.
Old 11-18-2017, 9:17 AM
Veteran Member

This is a 2A board, you have no 1A here
Old 11-18-2017, 9:47 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
OP, if you are "left leaning" then you are ANTI-GUN. PERIOD. END OF STORY. Your votes support those who would take away all guns. ANTI-GUN voters who come to a GUN FORUM and expect anything but animosity are riders of the short bus.
/thread

Old 11-18-2017, 10:11 AM
Voted Most Ready CGN'er
CGN Contributor

Location: Ventura County, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikiR View Post
We have atheists, Buddhists, LGBQT..., minority groups, women, youths, and Independents here that get along quite peacefully despite being the supposed "enemy" of the "White, Christian, Republican, hetero male" echo-chamber stereotype.
Thank you.

We have xyz, every stripe and type here. It's an open board. Is there a slant one way or another? Yeah, so what, do you find that to be different in life in general?

The fact is, name your group, and they're here, getting along just fine in discussion with whatever other "name your group." But some are always going to feel that some mystical voodoo stereotype they cling to is what's really holding them back. Sure buddy.

IOW, it's all in your freaking head! And what's not is so insignificant it's not worth the tears.

Honestly, surprised OP feels this way. From vague recollection, I always thought he chopped it up just fine here. Never gave two damns about what his thoughts were on Trump, abortion, homos etc etc etc, still don't really. Now porcupineballs, that guy is revered as a legend and I cling to everything he posts. Should just go back to not worrying about all that other jazz when it comes to CalGUNS.

Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted... -Mac
Old 11-18-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawndog View Post
Politicians is one thing, healthcare and other issues are another. That's where he's wrong, assuming you can't support 2a and 1a at the same time.

That makes no sense. Politicians make policies regarding all those things.

Why would anyone support the Second and not the First? That makes absolutely zero sense. Citadelgrad’s argument and mine is that supporting a Democrat in CA is opposing the 2A. Has nothing to do with opposing the First Amendment.

Just because a socially progressive gun owner may be in the minority here does not mean they don’t have the ability to speak freely. Just be aware that a majority of people who value their 2A rights will be vocal about the obvious infringements of the politicians they support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2017, 11:40 AM

Hey, you want to feel piled on? Try really being a constitutionalist and advocate for shutting down military spending and battling the military industrial complex.

Try defending the position that the militia is the backbone of society. Every statist needs to read federalist paper #46 for a glimpse at the primacy of the militia.

I won't even bother mentioning my position on really controversial issues because heads can only explode so much ...

Anyone want to reach across the aisle and discuss practical steps the repeal Brady, GCA, NFA and the various militia acts as well as extending these to the various state laws bearing similar infringements?