Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 11-19-2012, 5:09 PM

Default legal gun question

hello, i am in the Marine Corps stationed here from Georgia. i have all of my guns from Georgia. One of which is a Springfield XDM .40. From what i have been told htis gun is an "off list" gun? i am not sure what this means other than i dont think im supposed to have it.

So my question is do i need to send it back home? or is it ok to have here, shoot here, sell here, and everything i could do with the "on list" guns?
Old 11-19-2012, 6:59 PM

All ok, though if you had imported mags capable of accepting more than 10rds that would be a felony. if there are no 10rd mags available, there are several threads dealing with modding full cap mags.

The gun is legal to own/use, just not to sell new from a dealer. Gotta love CA.
Old 11-19-2012, 7:03 PM

awesome. thank you for your information. i plugged my mags already, i heard about the 10rd rule. so im glad to know i can keep it here with me.

Its gonna cost you to see what im packin -Raylan Givens
Old 11-20-2012, 1:19 PM

First off, thanks for your service. Other than that, welcome to California and sorry you had to come
Old 11-20-2012, 3:39 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
From what i have been told htis gun is an "off list" gun? i am not sure what this means
Our wonderful state via the DOJ, has a list of handguns that can be sold in this state. They have forced the manufacturers to submit a model of every gun they wish to sell in this state. They are not returned and they have to pay a fee every year to keep them on the safe list.

The guns are dropped from different heights and if they don't discharge, they are "safe" to be sold in this state. Leos are exempt from this list and can purchase handguns not on it. When I was a leo, I could do that. As soon as I finished signing my name on my retirement papers, the guns not on the list, magically became unsafe. If that doesn't show them how asinine the "safe" list is, I don't know what will.

As Falconis said, "...welcome to California..."
Old 11-20-2012, 8:14 PM

well thank you very much that was informative. these california laws blow my mind

Its gonna cost you to see what im packin -Raylan Givens
Old 11-20-2012, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconis View Post
First off, thanks for your service. Other than that, welcome to California and sorry you had to come
+1

Praise be to the Lord, my Rock, who has trained my hands for war and my fingers for battle.Psalm 144:1