Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 09-16-2020, 8:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Pile O Pistols problem.

So, I’ve been collecting pistols as of late and ended up with some. Not a lot but enough that it’s a real problem in my safe. I’m looking for organizational ideas on how to store the pistols with their magazines and holsters that’s not just a mess. I have more than 10 but probably not much more than 20 if even that many and it’s a mess. I really don’t have room for another safe. I already have a bunch of guns in a wall locker thing and another safe for just RAWs.

I just keep finding myself going: “where’s those mags? I know I have more of them... and that other holster” It’s getting annoying.

Canít somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 09-16-2020, 8:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I never keep my pistols in the holster. I am also hurting on space but I use cardboard boxes for storage and can stack them. I keep them oiled and check every so often to ensure no rust.
Old 09-16-2020, 8:58 AM

Do you have room for tupperware on a shelf? I have a bunch of these https://www.amazon.com/Yarebest-6-pa...+store&sr=8-15 labeled for each type of gun "Glock 9mm" "XD" "1911" etc with each gun's magazines and holsters in them. Seems to work well, but then they're not really very secure, is having the accessories locked important to you?
Old 09-16-2020, 9:02 AM

Use shelf hangers in your safe and it will clear s tin of room. I'm able to keep 20+ pistols in my safe using them without encroaching on space for all the long guns. You can get them on the cheap on ebay
Old 09-16-2020, 9:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
Do you have room for tupperware on a shelf? I have a bunch of these https://www.amazon.com/Yarebest-6-pa...+store&sr=8-15 labeled for each type of gun "Glock 9mm" "XD" "1911" etc with each gun's magazines and holsters in them. Seems to work well, but then they're not really very secure, is having the accessories locked important to you?
This idea I like. I might have to move some of my regular rifles into the RAW safe to make room but I can just stack these

Old 09-16-2020, 9:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingransom View Post
Use shelf hangers in your safe and it will clear s tin of room. I'm able to keep 20+ pistols in my safe using them without encroaching on space for all the long guns. You can get them on the cheap on ebay
I did look at those, the problem is I would like mags and holsters kept together.

Old 09-16-2020, 9:19 AM

The large 5.11 Rangemaster bags have room for a pistol, mags, and empty holster. If you leave them halfway zipped inside the safe then the safeís desiccant device can help remove humidity.
Old 09-16-2020, 9:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfull View Post
I never keep my pistols in the holster. I am also hurting on space but I use cardboard boxes for storage and can stack them. I keep them oiled and check every so often to ensure no rust.

doesnít the cardboard absorb the oil?

Old 09-16-2020, 9:31 AM

I did look at those, the problem is I would like mags and holsters kept together.

All depends on your quantity of mags. I am able to keep several mags for each pistol on the safe shelf where the gun hangs. The rest I have in a couple dedicated drawers well organized by caliber so that it takes seconds to find the proper mag for the proper pistol. You can do the same for your holsters as they just take up too much safe space
Old 09-16-2020, 9:34 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingransom View Post

All depends on your quantity of mags. I am able to keep several mags for each pistol on the safe shelf where the gun hangs. The rest I have in a couple dedicated drawers well organized by caliber so that it takes seconds to find the proper mag for the proper pistol. You can do the same for your holsters as they just take up too much safe space

Some guns I only have a few mags, but will be buying more, other guns have dozens of mags. Itís all pretty random.. I would need a fairly large box for all my 1911 mags so a bunch fo those are stored separately but I want to be able to grab n go and also avoid a gunvalanch.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member

silicon treated gun socks help to save space and protect the finish

Last edited by omega; 09-16-2020 at 11:45 AM..
Old 09-16-2020, 11:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Bring them over, I have plent of room

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Maybe something like this:

1mag mider.jpg

With something like this:

1foam.jpg

Apologies for the large pic.

The mag rack is called mag minder from storemoreguns.com

I am going to check my safe and maybe get a couple.

Edit:
I bought a couple mag minders.
I will try to report back one way or another.
If I store my G19 and G34 mags in them, my set of pockets on my safe door will then have enough room for the rest.

Edit 2:
Got them.
I could not easily place them under my guns because there is a bracing bar underneath the full shelf at the top of my safe.
I had to place them on a half shelf nearby that did not have the brace.
10 Glock mags fit easily and now my storage pockets are better organized.

Last edited by Garv; 09-19-2020 at 3:57 PM..
Old 09-16-2020, 12:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Wink

NOW you just need more cars, since you have PLENTY of car guns to stash in them!

Problem solved!
Old 09-16-2020, 12:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

it's a good problem to have...

I use magnetic hooks and gun socks

1A - 2A = -1A

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunndeal View Post
Stop digging.
Old 09-16-2020, 1:16 PM

I am working toward your problem. I like the magnetic holders but they don't work with holsters. Maybe just rare earth magnets would have enough hold for the slide back plate. Will have to give that a try. Don't forget this is California when deciding if its strong enough.
Old 09-24-2020, 8:34 AM
Veteran Member

I keep everything in pistol cases like this:
https://www.amazon.com/ProCase-Tacti.../dp/B07CHJGHL8

Most have 4-5 mag slots and room for a holster and accessories. My main grab-and-go case has a Kahr PM9, 4+1 loaded mags and a box of ammo, a holster, a flashlight, earplugs, and a PocKit 9mm cleaning kit.

That one's a bit bulky, but I just keep a few guns in fully stocked bags like that. Most have the mags and sometimes a holster, as well as a tag on the handle or zipper labeled with what's inside.

The guns are protected from scratches and scuffs, you can stack them deep and high in the safe, and when you go to the range, you have all the right stuff in one place.

Just grab the right cases and stuff them into the range bag.

NRA Life Member
Old 09-24-2020, 9:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxicon View Post

Most have 4-5 mag slots and room for a holster and accessories. My main grab-and-go case has a Kahr PM9, 4+1 loaded mags and a box of ammo, a holster, a flashlight, earplugs, and a PocKit 9mm cleaning kit.

That one's a bit bulky, but I just keep a few guns in fully stocked bags like that. Most have the mags and sometimes a holster, as well as a tag on the handle or zipper labeled with what's inside.

The guns are protected from scratches and scuffs, you can stack them deep and high in the safe, and when you go to the range, you have all the right stuff in one place.

I like that. my ultra compact works with all magazines but other 1911s won't work with the ultra compact mags.

Old 09-24-2020, 4:45 PM
Bacon Cheeseburger Lover
CGN Contributor

I use racks inside the safe for the pistols, I have bins for mags and separate bins for holsters, and those get stored on a rack in my garage. I keep descant with the mags. Just make sure the bins you choose have a gasket/seal around them.

In regards to you mag situation, if you have several mags for each gun, then you might benefit from my system. I have plastic bins that are about the size of a shoebox. Each bin holds specific mags, for example, my G17 magazines. The next box holds the G19 mags. The box below that holds the G21 magazines... you get the point. This keeps them somewhat organized without taking up room in the safe.
Old 09-25-2020, 7:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
So, I’ve been collecting pistols as of late and ended up with some. Not a lot but enough that it’s a real problem in my safe. I’m looking for organizational ideas on how to store the pistols with their magazines and holsters that’s not just a mess. I have more than 10 but probably not much more than 20 if even that many and it’s a mess. I really don’t have room for another safe. I already have a bunch of guns in a wall locker thing and another safe for just RAWs.

I just keep finding myself going: “where’s those mags? I know I have more of them... and that other holster” It’s getting annoying.
I use the shelves with zip cases and hang some from hooks on plastic dipped barrel rod hangers and have probably a dozen velcro holsters that stick to the doors and interiors and velcro mag pockets all around the top and door of one safe mags and slides go in those. I also have a lot of bags outside the safes... a couple big ones with mags, some cans, etc... Do I know where certain mags are all the time? Sometimes.
Old 09-25-2020, 4:15 PM

I use MTM boxes to store magazines in that collect space next to the safe, with tape/labels on the side that ID mags by the brand of handgun they go to.

Only have a half dozen holsters and they end up in a clear storage bin on top of the safe.
Old 09-25-2020, 4:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxicon View Post

I have three pistols setup like what's mentoned above. Mags loaded and with extra ammo ready to grab.
The rest of my pistols are just in the safe and mags in a drawer.
Old 09-25-2020, 8:57 PM
Wishing it was 2021.
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

http://www.armoryracks.com/multi-gun-racks.html

Bit pricey but I got three of these. The only thing I don't like is that removing them from the racks means sliding upwards and then out, so it requires another 1-2 inches of space above. I might give the Hyskore a try myself because it's getting real tight and I still have more on the way, but as far as clean and organized, these have worked quite well.

Unfortunately I can't help as far as mags go, because I only have 3 types of handgun mags and two types of rifle mags and they're all easily distinguishable, so even dumped into a bag I never mix them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james4307 View Post
Just a side note- ALL Glocks are test fired at the factory. So your pistol is actually "Used, Unfired".
Quote:
Originally Posted by james4307 View Post
The official term all of the local gun store use in their sales of firearms that were sold to a customer, not fired outside of the store and then brought back or being re-sold is- "Used, Unfired". This is not something I just made up, the is the term used by many local stores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFTII View Post
Glock fanbois are whack jobs.

Last edited by LateBraking; 09-25-2020 at 9:05 PM..