Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:20 AM

Default Where to shoot around Fremont

I'm looking for an outdoor location that allows for shooting around the Fremont area.

I'd prefer BLM or National Park land if shooting is allowed in a place like such eastward of Fremont. I'm completely unfamiliar with the laws and regulations of shooting practices in California.

If necessary, I will attend a range, but would prefer the cheapest location and to be able to shoot lead bullets and shot if there are recommendations for such.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

http://www.bayareagunvault.com/where-to-shoot

And you really should read this: http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/ag...s/Cfl2007.pdf?

Don't ever do anything you'll regret and don't ever regret anything you do.
-Daniel T. Sakai
Old 05-31-2013, 11:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Here'd another one for reference: http://www.dragunov.net/bay_area_ranges.htm

Don't ever do anything you'll regret and don't ever regret anything you do.
-Daniel T. Sakai
Old 06-03-2013, 12:14 PM

No BLM areas in the immediate bay area. You will need to go several hours north, south, or east to find BLM land.

Otherwise, you are relegated to ranges, and outdoor ranges are at around 30 minuets from Fremont (e.g. Metcalf, San Leandro, Sunnyvale, Chabot, Livermore, Pacific R&G, and Los Gatos).
Old 06-03-2013, 2:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtake View Post
No BLM areas in the immediate bay area. You will need to go several hours north, south, or east to find BLM land.

Otherwise, you are relegated to ranges, and outdoor ranges are at around 30 minuets from Fremont (e.g. Metcalf, San Leandro, Sunnyvale, Chabot, Livermore, Pacific R&G, and Los Gatos).
If you have no regard for your safety and/or sanity, don't forget targetmasters.
Old 06-03-2013, 6:39 PM

Lol target masters.To the op I'm in. The Fremont area as well let me know if you would like to go shooting sometime or if you find any outdoor ranges.
Old 06-03-2013, 8:26 PM
Veteran Member

BTW - What are you planning to shoot?
(type of gun/ammo)

I'm in the Union City area and I (normally) go to two ranges; Sunnyvale and Las Gatos, since mainly shoot long guns.
Both have good points but Sunny is kinda of small and you can shoot most at paper targets.
(a few points have metal tgts)

Los Gatos is better because you set up (at aprox 100 yards) you can set up bottles or cans (filled with water) and blow the crap out of them!

GREAT FUN!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.

Last edited by DennisCA; 06-03-2013 at 8:38 PM..
Old 06-03-2013, 9:01 PM
Veteran Member

outdoor ranges near fremont that I go to are-Chabot in castro valley and the Livermore range.
Old 06-03-2013, 9:35 PM
Banned

Chabot is your best bet if you're in Fremont.

If you're looking to go to BLM land, I would advise not to go at the moment. It's like 100F out in Panoche Hills. Plus, they are closed for fire season until October. There are some areas that aren't closed...but I bet you won't last more than a few hours out there without shelter and water.
Old 06-03-2013, 9:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisCA View Post
BTW - What are you planning to shoot?
(type of gun/ammo)

I'm in the Union City area and I (normally) go to two ranges; Sunnyvale and Las Gatos, since mainly shoot long guns.
Both have good points but Sunny is kinda of small and you can shoot most at paper targets.
(a few points have metal tgts)

Los Gatos is better because you set up (at aprox 100 yards) you can set up bottles or cans (filled with water) and blow the crap out of them!

GREAT FUN!

Man, you are going quite far to shoot. You should check out Chabot...can't be more than 15-20 minutes away and is a close second to Los Gatos.

I stopped going to Sunnyvale now because it's just too crowded.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:01 PM

Chabot or richmond..........

sat nite steel shoot san leandro
Old 06-04-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
If you have no regard for your safety and/or sanity, don't forget targetmasters.

LOL.

That place is convenient, about 5min from my office. But geeeez, I see something that gives me the willies every time I go there.
Old 06-05-2013, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
Chabot is your best bet if you're in Fremont.

If you're looking to go to BLM land, I would advise not to go at the moment. It's like 100F out in Panoche Hills. Plus, they are closed for fire season until October. There are some areas that aren't closed...but I bet you won't last more than a few hours out there without shelter and water.

Just went down to Tumey hills last weekend. It was hot as heck minimum of 99 both days. Spent about 7 hours one day and 5 the other shooting. Think the girlfriend and I drank more water that weekend than our entire lives.

Also ran into sheriff's shooting who didn't police any of their brass. Friendly reminder if you go to BLM land pick up your stuff! Littering, spent brass, and vandalism is gonna threaten these great shooting spots.