Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 10-30-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Tungsten View Post
What day was this? I was out there Saturday or Sunday (can't really remember) and I ran into 3 trucks with some older guys in them, some of whom had clearly been hunting (mossy oak getup, dogs in truck, what looked like shotgun cases in the bed). As they stopped to unlock the gate (they had driven down the top of the levee road) I waved down the fudd in the first truck and had a chat with him.

I asked him what was up and he said some guys had been out there shooting guns, and he wanted to know if I was one of them. I wasn't, and I said so. He said they called the Yolo Sheriff on the guys. About this time I noticed someone had left some empty shotgun shell boxes on top of the levee . I didn't ask why they had called the cops, as I was too busy mentioning Calguns and the cleanup the week before. He didn't seem impressed, but he did mention my golf cart. There's no "No Shooting" sign posted. WTF?

Rigma, I wonder if somebody was shooting on the OTHER end of the levee that has a no shooting sign? Also, if you were out there that same day I was, there was a HORRIFIC car accident on the causeway. I wonder if the heli was responding to that?
Could be...not sure of where the "OTHER" end is...

I was a ways off and could also hear shooting near Levee Road South of Davis. When I heard shooting from the North it just made me think of the clean up spot. The shooting from that direction did seem to stop as the Sheriff's helo appeared. I did see the helo orbit while moving East & then North.

It could very well have been a coincidence and due to a car accident. Who knows...jsut thought I would ask. I am now very curious about who owns all that land SE of Davis though......
Old 10-31-2010, 11:13 PM

This is so strange... I have lived in Davis for most of my life and have been shooting at the levee since I was a kid. I still go out there about once a month and do some mag-dumps (yes, I pick up all my crap!) with my friends and have never had a problem. I have heard of few people supposedly being "busted" out there, but I am also wondering if they are shooting at the other end of the levee??

I've heard that calling the city/county about this matter only nets you a run-around, but I will still do so and see what they say.

Anyway, I just saw this thread so I missed the last clean-up. I would be happy to help the next time you guy's want to do some cleaning out there.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:40 AM

Default Legality

Spoke to a Sergeant with the Yolo County Sheriffs the other day.. He said it's all private land off of 30, and it is illegal to shoot there. I've tried to find some proof that the land belongs to BLM, but all the maps I've looked at don't have any BLM in the area. Per the parcel map, the land belongs to a drainage district - which reinforces that Yolo SO told me about it being private.

Unless someone can get written documentation allowing the shooting out there from whoever owns that land, or from BLM clearly showing that they own that section.. I'd say it's safe to say that it's illegal...