Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 8:44 PM

Default Dual reaisdency question

I have several California off roster firearmsi bought from Arizona can i transfer them to my California residence thru FFL?
Old 11-19-2017, 8:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

No such thing as dual residency, either you are a arizona resident, or Cali resident Which is it?
If you were an arizona resident when you bought all the items, and now are moving to Cali, as long as they don't break AW law, bring them in

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 11-19-2017, 8:54 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish590a View Post
I have several California off roster firearmsi bought from Arizona can i transfer them to my California residence thru FFL?
No. They must be transferred through a FFL, but there is no way to do it with off-roster handguns.

If you can be considered a CA resident when they were acquired, and you even visit here with them, it is a felony if the handguns were acquired after 12/31/2014. PC27585

Old 11-19-2017, 8:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

We've had a plethora of previous threads on this question.

No need to start a new one. Just use the search function.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
No such thing as dual residency, either you are a arizona resident, or Cali resident Which is it?
If you were an arizona resident when you bought all the items, and now are moving to Cali, as long as they don't break AW law, bring them in
I own a property in both states and i can legally buy firearms in both states. What is AW law?
Old 11-19-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
No. They must be transferred through a FFL, but there is no way to do it with off-roster handguns.

If you can be considered a CA resident when they were acquired, and you even visit here with them, it is a felony if the handguns were acquired after 12/31/2014. PC27585
I’ve seen off roster firearm transfered at an FFL before.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:14 PM
Administrator

'AW' law is 'assault weapon' law.

See also http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1381104, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1309205, http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1293031

Many dupes; closed.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Last edited by Librarian; 11-19-2017 at 10:18 PM..
Closed Thread