Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 3:54 PM
CGN Contributor

I hope this has been sent to the appropriate parties also?

"To force a man to pay for the violation of his own liberty is indeed an addition of insult to injury."
--Benjamin Tucker
Old 08-07-2012, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorpeligro View Post
Let's not ask our source to compromise himself or herself. We'll see how correct this info is when the legalinfo.ca.gov is updated.
Fare enough. Good call & I stand corrected here.
Old 08-07-2012, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59ricardo View Post
Like I said, it won't be there till tomorrow. The data center doesn't update Internet servers until late tonight. Tomorrow AM you will be able to see this bill in print (in this form)
I was not asking to have you repeat yourself. My post came in right after your post. So.. I go back to what I said, good work and thank you for sharing this information. Keeping us in the loop here! Looking forward tomorrow to see where this goes!
Old 08-07-2012, 4:10 PM

It looks like he fell right into our trap, lol. Let's hope we don't end up stuck to a tar baby unable to free ourselves.
Old 08-07-2012, 4:11 PM

Quote:
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.

(B) A second handgrip.
Doesn't this include any handgun with a rail? You can attach a forward handgrip to any pistol with a rail....

David Wolf, REALTOR / Broker Associate

In SoCal? Need a REALTOR? Work with someone who shares your love of guns.

CCW LTC holder, NRA Lifetime member

CA BRE# 01420938
Old 08-07-2012, 4:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

We've had the text since last week.

No news here.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 08-07-2012, 4:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
We've had the text since last week.

No news here.

-Brandon
You having "the text" and it being posted on leginfo.ca.gov are not exactly the same thing....
NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
Statements posted here are the sole opinions of the author and not those
of CGN, CGF, CRPA, or any other institution or agency unless otherwise noted.
Old 08-07-2012, 4:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
You having "the text" and it being posted on leginfo.ca.gov are not exactly the same thing....
Goober, you're misreading my post and overlooking what I'm saying.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 08-07-2012, 4:29 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:

-Brandon
Did we convert Adam K to our side?

"To force a man to pay for the violation of his own liberty is indeed an addition of insult to injury."
--Benjamin Tucker
Old 08-07-2012, 4:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Did we convert Adam K to our side?
In a way, yes.

-Brandon

Old 08-07-2012, 4:55 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
In a way, yes.

-Brandon
LMAO. I think I follow.

--Benjamin Tucker
Old 08-07-2012, 5:05 PM

honk

Last edited by sevendayweekend; 08-07-2012 at 5:15 PM..
Old 08-07-2012, 5:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59ricardo View Post
Well it is now "in print" in this form and will be available tomorrow in actual print and on the Internet
Interesting: you are new here and the only topic you ever post on is SB249. Very interesting.
Old 08-07-2012, 5:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
Interesting: you are new here and the only topic you ever post on is SB249. Very interesting.
Who cares as long as the info is accurate
Old 08-07-2012, 5:12 PM
Veteran Member

I'm starting to realize that this bill just might be the end of Gun Control in California. This just might be the beginning of the great transformation of California into the most pro-gun state in America!

Think about it for a moment, do you honestly believe that the NRA and CGF will leave Californian gun owners to fend for themselves at a time like this? It may look bad right now, but if SB249 becomes law, there is no way that it's going to happen quietly and without extreme resistance, not just here but throughout the nation!

This might be the "revolution" we've all thought was coming. It's a non-violent one though of course!

If this DOES become law... It won't take very long to strike it down in court with the full might of the NRA's and CGF's top legal teams, not to mention the testimonies of millions of gun owners (That's an awful lot of votes, by the way)

When this law falls, the rest of our gun control laws will die in short order as well (I'm talking in a matter of DAYS, not weeks!)

Plus, this will also end the careers of those that not only support this bill, but anything remotely related to gun control (Think Feinstein, Yee, Boxer etc. All those anti-gunners expelled from office forever)! After this, ALL politicians will know NOT to touch (Our) guns ever again, even if they are termed out!

This will also inspire other "occupied" states to rise up and retake control of their rights and liberties!

We oughta be thanking Mr. Yee for creating the spark that started The (Non-Violent) 2nd American Revolution!

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr

Last edited by RMP91; 08-07-2012 at 5:22 PM..
Old 08-07-2012, 5:14 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP91 View Post

When this law falls, the rest of our gun control laws will die in short order as well (I'm talking in a matter of DAYS, not weeks!)
I am amused by your optimism.

--Benjamin Tucker
Old 08-07-2012, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sandman View Post
Pretty much, this is another of his holy warrior moments. I guess he got even more encouraged after his violent video game loss. He will continue to move up the chain of unconstitutionality until his name is cemented in national lore.
Some friends and I a long time ago came up with the idea that we need a "three strikes and you're out" law for lawmakers. If you vote for a bill that is overturned as being unconstitutional three times, then you're barred for life from public office.

We could even make it like the DMV - you could get a fourth strike by completing a remedial constitutional law course.

-TQ
Old 08-07-2012, 5:16 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

In another life maybe...
Old 08-07-2012, 5:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_quark View Post
Some friends and I a long time ago came up with the idea that we need a "three strikes and you're out" law for lawmakers. If you vote for a bill that is overturned as being unconstitutional three times, then you're barred for life from public office.

We could even make it like the DMV - you could get a fourth strike by completing a remedial constitutional law course.

-TQ
Brilliant idea! How do we get it started?
Old 08-07-2012, 5:17 PM

Quote:
I am amused by your optimism.
With how disappointing this legislation is, we could all use some of that optimism right now.
Old 08-07-2012, 5:31 PM

Default Legislation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsDX View Post
With how disappointing this legislation is, we could all use some of that optimism right now.
Disappointing?!?!?!? If, in fact, this is the true text of the bill, it is far from disappointing.

On the contrary. Their grand claims that they were going to rid California of "evil" black rifles has fallen flat on its face.

Not only are they settling for making us go featurless, but we get to remove our bullet buttons and mail them to the good senator as a thank you. Also, we get to use our long held high cap mags in these rifles, much to his chagrin.

Oh, one tiny little additional thing. There are thousands of rifles in this state that are of a configuration where it is impossible to comply with this law. I own a number of them. HINT: They are neither AR's nor AK's.

That makes this a Taking and is illegal.

Result is that even if this passes, we'll have an easy time winning a stay in court and ultimately seeing it overturned.

Like I said pages ago, Checkmate.

Have a nice evening Senator.
Old 08-07-2012, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDavid View Post
Quote:
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.

(B) A second handgrip.
Doesn't this include any handgun with a rail? You can attach a forward handgrip to any pistol with a rail....
It doesn't say capable of accepting a forward handgrip.
Quote:
"Those who would ban extended magazines, will say that although hundreds of thousands are in circulation and thousands more will surely be sold before a ban is enacted, it will be worth it if it saves just one life. But the other half of that question must be asked, too: Is it worth it if it costs just one life?" Stephen Hunter
Old 08-07-2012, 5:34 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_quark View Post

-TQ
Your idea is unconstitutional.

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 08-07-2012, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiaboli View Post
Something about gift horses and mouths comes to mind....
Old 08-07-2012, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77bawls View Post
It doesn't say capable of accepting a forward handgrip.
Oops.. You're right. I misread it.. I thought it was the CAPACITY to accept...second handgrip.

But, it's Capacity to accept a detachable magazine AND [has attached to it] a second handgrip.

<sigh>

David Wolf, REALTOR / Broker Associate

In SoCal? Need a REALTOR? Work with someone who shares your love of guns.

CCW LTC holder, NRA Lifetime member

CA BRE# 01420938
Old 08-07-2012, 5:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEShooter View Post
Disappointing?!?!?!? If, in fact, this is the true text of the bill, it is far from disappointing.

On the contrary. Their grand claims that they were going to rid California of "evil" black rifles has fallen flat on its face.

Not only are they settling for making us go featurless, but we get to remove our bullet buttons and mail them to the good senator as a thank you. Also, we get to use our long held high cap mags in these rifles, much to his chagrin.

Oh, one tiny little additional thing. There are thousands of rifles in this state that are of a configuration where it is impossible to comply with this law. I own a number of them. HINT: They are neither AR's nor AK's.

Result is that even if this passes, we'll have an easy time winning a stay in court and ultimately seeing it overturned.

Yup, CA would have to write me a big fat check. A gun buyback would not compensate me for the investment in my collection.
Old 08-07-2012, 5:40 PM

Quote:

I know my Saiga 12 cannot be permanently maglocked. That's a taking.

Same with any of the guys with AR or AK or similar pistols. I am curious as to which configs you're talking about though...
Old 08-07-2012, 5:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

-Brandon
mkay... but i still contend it will be "news" when it shows up in the bill status and history on leginfo...
NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
Statements posted here are the sole opinions of the author and not those
of CGN, CGF, CRPA, or any other institution or agency unless otherwise noted.
Old 08-07-2012, 5:43 PM

Can't blame them for going for a hail mary pass.

Good luck defending this in court, Senator.

Quote:
As if all the above wasn't bad enough for the poor Senator, this legislative session ends in less than a month. He has to re-write the bill, then get it all the way through the entire process.

None of the legally viable paths available to him achieve what he wants and the more he rushes to craft the language, the worse the final bill will look. This in turn, makes it even easier for us to get it stayed and overturned.

Senator, we're waiting....

Tick tock, tick tock.......
Interesting. When does it end exactly? And if indeed Yee runs out of time, when is the next time he can re-introduce this?
I need a LIFE!!

Given that SB 249 has been gutted and amended into an entirely new bill, please close this thread and direct viewers to http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=605484.

-Brandon

Old 08-07-2012, 5:51 PM

Alright, I'm no lawyer but I like to think of myself as educated. How does the following make any sense?

SEC. 2. The amendment of Section 30515 of the Penal Code made by Section 1 of this act does not constitute a change in, but is declaratory of, existing law.

Hasn't the DOJ already stated that "Bullet Button" type rifles are legal under current law? If so, then how can they make the claim that this is not a change? It seems to me THEY want to go to SCOTUS on this?
Closed Thread