Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 08-25-2018, 7:47 PM

I was still working part time and in school. About the 3rd day I was at my parents home north of L.A. when a car with 4 gangsters pulled in the driveway looking hard. Our Rottweiler came out barking and they slowly drove back out. I immediately drove home and brought back a Browning Hi-Power with a few mags and a 12 gauge and a box of buckshot. Thankfully they never came back.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
My favorite part was while standing on the balcony I watched rioters approach the Hall of Justice. LASD sent out a Lt. looking guy in a blue shirt and tie to calm the crowd. It of course failed and someone threw an empty trash can at him. All the doors on that side burst open and a tide of Deputies washed out to the yellow line of the street just leveling everyone in their path. They then washed back into the Hall and all that was left was a bunch of folks in pain. Took about 90 seconds for that particular tide to wash out and then back in. Blink and you missed it.
Nice story cannon! Sad to think that the LASD has gone from That to this (and much worse):

https://ktla.com/2018/05/17/authorit...-norwalk-area/
Old 08-26-2018, 9:23 PM

Being a kid I don't remember much we made up "border lines", you didn't go east of la Cienega or south of Jefferson unless you had a good reason. Few national guard standing next to the grocery stores iirc.

K: I don't "retire" my own kind, because we don't run...
Old 08-26-2018, 9:39 PM

I was living in a mostly black and Mexican neighborhood in San Diego when the riots were happening, they burned a furniture store and looted a liquor store at the end of my street.
Me being one of the only white people on the block got a lot of attention.
Fortunately I had some gangbanger neighbors who thought I was ok and told the others not to f with me.

The next morning all the cars on my street had their windshields broken except mine and the Cholos.

NRA Member
Old 08-27-2018, 9:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Exclamation

I was an older college student (25) in the mountains of NC at the time; made for some riveting TV 3 timezones away, I can tells ya'! Nonetheless, the lessons learned from that event, were NOT lost on us right coasters. A few months later, I had this happen to me (I wrote the incident up a few years later, while in grad school in SC - "Caught in a drive-thru riot").

Old 08-28-2018, 7:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar_man View Post
Interesting paper that talks about that

http://www.militarymuseum.org/LARiots1.html
One thing that's a little misleading in that article... In the chart on page 91 Titled "Chronology of the 1992 Los Angeles Riots" it says under the date April 30 at 1350 – "Ammunition from Camp Roberts (in central California) arrives in LA area via CH-47 helicopter."

This sounds like the ammunition was delivered to LA by the helicopter. The text later in the article, is clear though, that the helicopter delivered it to Los Alamitos, about 30 miles south of LA. On a national level I guess "30 miles" might be considered to be "the LA area" but as far as needing it NOW it might as well be on the moon! Lol.

Here's some back story. As the National Guard was loading onto the trucks to be deployed from a local mall just outside LA, one of them said, "Hey Sarge, are we going to be issued ammo?" Oops! The brass had completely forgotten that ammunition might be helpful in this sort of situation and no steps had been taken to supply the troops. They stood down while arrangements were made for ammunition to be picked up from Los Alamitos. I think it was the Naval Air Station then, but memory fails. The NG CO lost his job because of this screw‒up. My partner and I "rode shotgun" on the convoy of National Guard vehicles to pick it up.