Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-07-2018, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCmatt View Post
The thing too is how would anyone organize a movement to change this? With all the big brother things they would stop it before it happened.
Finally the frog notices the simmering water.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

Stop worrying everyone.

In 3 to 5 years you'll be able to buy all you want from Leland Yee.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You mean the person that got 240,000 votes for reelection while in jail?
Old 04-08-2018, 11:53 AM
I need a LIFE!!

One thing I learned in turd-world countries is that contraband is always available.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Finally the frog notices the simmering water.
No he doesn't

Old 04-08-2018, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
California gun owners will do nothing.
Sad but true. The only "movement" will be a rush to buy as many parts as one can reasonably afford before the law goes into effect, and a million threads about how to comply after the fact. There will be no fighting and no resistance, no marches or protests at the capitol, only compliance and silent boycotts when 99% of all online merchants write off doing any business with California residents.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2018, 2:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Yep...out of State online merchants will be blamed instead of our own impotence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFancyPants View Post
Sad but true. The only "movement" will be a rush to buy as many parts as one can reasonably afford before the law goes into effect, and a million threads about how to comply after the fact. There will be no fighting and no resistance, no marches or protests at the capitol, only compliance and silent boycotts when 99% of all online merchants write off doing any business with California residents.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 04-08-2018, 6:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFancyPants View Post

Because when a legislative body that completely ignores any opposition to any anti gun legislation the deck is stacked against us by a huge margin.

Let's not forget the people of California gave the green light for any and all anti gun legislation by passing Prop 63. The people want more gun control and I'll even say a total ban on any firearm for that matter.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, ďThis is California; we donít pay too much attention to the Constitution,Ē
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 04-09-2018, 5:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Because when a legislative body that completely ignores any opposition to any anti gun legislation the deck is stacked against us by a huge margin.

Let's not forget the people of California gave the green light for any and all anti gun legislation by passing Prop 63. The people want more gun control and I'll even say a total ban on any firearm for that matter.
Indeed! And yet, the talking point from every single anti is... "Nobody wants to take your guns."

They and their dishonesty make me sick to my stomach...they really do.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Old 04-13-2018, 8:21 PM
Veteran Member

Why isnít there more discussion on this?

Is it because its such a big joke that will never pass and if it does, be utterly and totally unenforceable?

Or is there silence because it is so devastating to the gun community?

How would they enforce this? How would they force background checks on items that do not have serial numbers and manufacturers will not serialize?

Someone told me the issue with the ammo regulation bill is that the feds wonít let NICS be used for anything other than actual firearms; why wonít this bill face the same hurdles?
Old 04-13-2018, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrjonesUSA View Post

Is it because its such a big joke that will never pass and if it does, be utterly and totally unenforceable?

Or is there silence because it is so devastating to the gun community?
Oh, it will pass, and then the DOJ will write illegal regulations. While it will be devastating to CalGuns the rest of the gun owners in the state will ignore it just like they ignore the new ammo law, 10 round magazine limits, PPTs at FFLs, and any number of innane CA laws.
Old 04-14-2018, 6:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
Oh, it will pass, and then the DOJ will write illegal regulations. While it will be devastating to CalGuns the rest of the gun owners in the state will ignore it just like they ignore the new ammo law, 10 round magazine limits, PPTs at FFLs, and any number of innane CA laws.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

If the State of California can violate the law, gun owners of this state might as well do it too. They are already or shortly will be considered criminals anyway.
Old 04-14-2018, 6:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

If the State of California can violate the law, gun owners of this state might as well do it too. They are already or shortly will be considered criminals anyway.
Civil disobedience in reaction to unjust laws and tyranny.

"A man ought to do what he thinks is best"

Old 04-14-2018, 7:31 AM
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor

Quote:
There is (a little bit more anyway), it's just this bill's gut and amend disorder has lead to multiple thread disorder: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1434481
Old 04-14-2018, 10:24 AM

The best hope is the June 5 election to stop the reachievment of a Democrat supermajority and also we would need to make sure all the non Democrats vite against the bill.

The updated bill needs a 2/3 vote to pass.
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...01720180AB2382
Old 04-14-2018, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bool1tholz View Post
The best hope is the June 5 election to stop the reachievment of a Democrat supermajority
I've been speaking with everyone I know about voting hard R. For some, it's not being an easy sell.
Old 04-14-2018, 2:46 PM

5 years ago i predicted that komifornia would be a gun free state by 2019. only cops and criminals would have guns. every one in thats registering their ARs, get ready for confiscation. those democrats are conniving pos liars. FREEDOM!!
Old 04-14-2018, 9:51 PM
Ball Pimp 4 Border Collie
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer46 View Post
There is no longer any doubt what their ultimate goal is.

First choke the supply of new firearms and ammunition, then remove existing firearms from civilian hands.

We need to plan with this in mind. We are not talking about so called "common sense gun" laws. We are talking about the elimination of firearms from our society.

That's why I'm not in the favor of registration. It only gives us a temporary reprieve until they get around to demanding that everyone turn them in.

We have to plan for the day when all firearms a declared illegal in California.
I hate this kind of talk but in my heart I know it's the truth. It's not enough to write letters and call people. We must start to think about civil disobedience by just flat out refusing to comply and possible resistance to the tyranny of the misinformed and brainwashed majority.

I've seen enough CNN to realize there is a well coordinated deliberate propaganda campaign directed at all gun owners in America. It's not just gun owners, its business owners, people of European and Asian descent, and property owners. Yes, we are the true enemies of the people, we....the folk who went to school and got a job, and started a family. We are the new scumbags of society in California. It's our greed and work ethic that's oppressing the masses and destroying the world. B.S.

I say let's start training for the day we take back this state from the Stalinists. And that's what they are. Stalinists.

I can see how the IRA and Al Quida got their start and resorted to the tactics they used. This government in our state is oppressive in the extreme.

Last edited by bubbapug1; 04-15-2018 at 10:23 AM..
Old 04-14-2018, 11:03 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
so how soon before we buy gun parts from the trunk of a car in a dark alleyway?

"pssst, you want a BCG? a firing pin, handguard, or a buttstock?"
????You don't?
Old 04-14-2018, 11:12 PM

Yeah pretty soon we will be using dirty coat hangers......

seriously, this legislative notion is extreme.

So any magazines (and speed loaders - mag loaders) no longer available online...

Later, precursor parts will be expanded to include most any part.....

Fight!

Last edited by denpython; 04-14-2018 at 11:20 PM..
Old 04-15-2018, 9:28 AM
Veteran Member

It will come to a point of violent civil war since the federal govnt and courts donít give a shut about our rights.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:32 AM

It could be self-enforceable just like out of state gun and ammo purchases are now. Many gun and ammo vendors already refuse to sell to California. The big vendors will not sell ammo to non ffl holders in Cali.. Some gun vendors explicitly say no sales to California..Self enforceable...
Old 04-16-2018, 5:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
Quote:
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree that unjust, ridiculous, flatly unconstitutional laws like this should be ignored, but how does that help us when no *vendor* will sell to us in CA because of a fear of getting sued like SF did to several out of state companies selling magazine parts?

Do you think vendors will ignore this law with us?
Old 04-16-2018, 6:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 Junkie View Post
Haha...you won't ever need a replacement safety cuz soon you won't have a rifle.

There are two possibilities.....either these people are completely insane or, they are planning to eventually make it virtually impossible to own, shoot, and maintain most types of firearms in the state.

I lean towards the latter.
They're not insane... but yeah.. I think thats where they're driving the issue
Old 04-16-2018, 6:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I agree that unjust, ridiculous, flatly unconstitutional laws like this should be ignored, but how does that help us when no *vendor* will sell to us in CA because of a fear of getting sued like SF did to several out of state companies selling magazine parts?

Do you think vendors will ignore this law with us?
No they will not, they are armchair patriots. They will say they support us behind enemy lines but they have a family to think of, a business to protect, yada, yada.... Then the NRA will say if you send more money for the legal fight, elect better politicians, call, write letters, yada, yada,..

Meanwhile Prop 63 sent a message loud and clear to the Rulers of this Empire.

Gun owners are the enemy.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Can't find my CCW badge
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bool1tholz View Post
The best hope is the June 5 election to stop the reachievment of a Democrat supermajority and also we would need to make sure all the non Democrats vite against the bill.

The updated bill needs a 2/3 vote to pass.
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...01720180AB2382
Fortunately for us, this bill needs to pass the Assembly with 2/3 vote before June 5th. Pretty sure it won't.

But to be sure, everyone needs to write and call to Assemblywoman Catherine Baker (R) to ask her to please, for the love of God, and for once in her career, NOT side with the democrats on a gun bill. Her vote could be the swing vote.

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 04-16-2018 at 11:27 AM..
Old 04-16-2018, 12:59 PM

This bill is complete BS and creates a huge maze of rules and requires $6M from taxpayers to start up. Makes it harder to pass. What is interesting to me is that once again (like in the ammo ban) they exempt those of us w/ FFL03's and COEs.

Lets fight this thing or we will all need to stock up on barrels, mags and parts.
Old 04-16-2018, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Fortunately for us, this bill needs to pass the Assembly with 2/3 vote before June 5th. Pretty sure it won't.
I saw that the header for the bill required 2/3 majority. Why is that? Can it change?
Old 04-16-2018, 1:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M60A1Rise View Post
Really I am not nor ever have been a tin foil hat guy BUT I think it's about to come to a head. And I am a Democrat who owns guns and have voted for certain Republicans in my lifetime. I don't care about party but I do care about platform when it comes to some things. But SPEED LOADERS These f'n people are becoming what they supposedly are against , tyrants.
This is what you get when you vote for democrats in CA.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ĎI canít wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!í

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Old 04-16-2018, 1:22 PM
Can't find my CCW badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer46 View Post
I saw that the header for the bill required 2/3 majority. Why is that? Can it change?
Because of Prop 26 (2010), most bills that create or increase taxes now require a 2/3 vote for passage, instead of a simple majority.

This bill taxes so-called "firearm precursor parts" at a rate of $1 per item, thus it needs a 2/3 vote now.

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 04-16-2018 at 1:25 PM..
Old 04-16-2018, 1:28 PM
Can't find my CCW badge

Here's the main post for this bill, by the way: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1434481

Not sure why this dupe thread is being used instead
Old 04-16-2018, 1:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

all i'm gonna say is what i also said when the online ammo restriction came about.

CA won't do anything / can't afford to secure the entire border around the state.
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want if it's at all related to the topic at hand!
Old 04-16-2018, 5:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

This bill taxes so-called "firearm precursor parts" at a rate of $1 per item, thus it needs a 2/3 vote now.
WHAT?????????

I did not see *THAT*.

That is completely (*&%&ing insane......

He ought to be locked up for life for simply having such an idea.

Despicable.
Old 04-16-2018, 5:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Because of Prop 26 (2010), most bills that create or increase taxes now require a 2/3 vote for passage, instead of a simple majority.

They'll get it just like they passed SB1 the gas tax bill.

Quote:
WHAT?????????

I did not see *THAT*.

That is completely (*&%&ing insane......

He ought to be locked up for life for simply having such an idea.

Despicable.
He won't be locked he'll be cheered by the Communists here. In fact he'll get reelected for doing something to curb "gun violence" .

When not if this passes and if Brown vetoes it which I seriously doubt after Gunmageddon. It will be back for Newsom to rubber stamp it.

Even though this is pretty crazy we still haven't seen sh8t yet.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, ďThis is California; we donít pay too much attention to the Constitution,Ē
contact the governor
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 04-16-2018, 5:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M60A1Rise View Post
Really I am not nor ever have been a tin foil hat guy BUT I think it's about to come to a head. And I am a Democrat who owns guns and have voted for certain Republicans in my lifetime. I don't care about party but I do care about platform when it comes to some things. But SPEED LOADERS These f'n people are becoming what they supposedly are against , tyrants.
Well that's what happens when gun owners vote for demoKrats.

Quote:
contact the governor
NRA Life Member.
Old 04-16-2018, 5:38 PM

and so the gun shops will reap the benefits from this bill and six million dollars would not even buy the computers for this program. In reality it will cost more than fifty million to get this program running and the tax payer will pay for it. I do not know how anyone could have given that six million dollar estimate with a straight face. But the public will believe what they are told knowing it is a lie. The gun shops will get profits out of your pocket every time you buy something and out of state vendors will refuse to jump through the hoops thus denying you on line sources legal to the rest of the country. All you can do is stop registering your weapons and work with FFL dealers out side of california to get supplies. Maybe we could set up a supply source where people could order parts and components and then pick them up. If i find a place in Nevada besides my california property then I just might do that. i will not leave my fellow gun owners behind. Are you going to fight or bend over and take it. If you are too chicken to stand up for your rights in california then i doubt you will have anymore courage in nevada or anyplace else. GUN SHOPS ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND ANYMORE.
Old 04-16-2018, 5:46 PM

Donít comply people, everytime you comply you give them Ammo. Civil disobedience is the key to this. Did Rosa parks move from the seat because it was the law or because she got fed up of being walked on? Look at the tank kid from China!That stood in front of a squad of tanks! Alone! He had more balls to stand up for something he believed in that most calgunners rushing to register their guns. We need to be more organized and not just B**** and complain about it here to a silent majority. I know so many gun owners my age not caring about the gun laws anymore they would be considered criminals. Many gun owners in their 20s are ready to start defying the laws because they know its the right thing to do even tho it means breaking the law.
Old 04-16-2018, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemoe1 View Post
Donít comply people, everytime you comply you give them Ammo. Civil disobedience is the key to this. Did Rosa parks move from the seat because it was the law or because she got fed up of being walked on? Look at the tank kid from China!That stood in front of a squad of tanks! Alone! He had more balls to stand up for something he believed in that most calgunners rushing to register their guns. We need to be more organized and not just B**** and complain about it here to a silent majority. I know so many gun owners my age not caring about the gun laws anymore they would be considered criminals. Many gun owners in their 20s are ready to start defying the laws because they know its the right thing to do even tho it means breaking the law.
Old 04-16-2018, 7:23 PM
Can't find my CCW badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemoe1 View Post
Curious what civil disobedience looks like to you. Featureless? Fixed mag?

Or will we be seeing you at the range, blissfully shooting away with your unregistered illegally configured guns?
Old 04-16-2018, 7:26 PM

Maybe, am I talking to a cop or to someone who believes in civil disobedience? Because I could care less about the laws. I’m a hard working blue collar man and the most illegal thing that I’ve done is take the carpool lane. Why should I have to go to prison for excercising my rights as an American?

Last edited by Moemoe1; 04-16-2018 at 7:28 PM..