Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 04-09-2018, 9:55 AM
Calguns.net Shooting Team

Another awesome match! I too would like to thank Chad, Jacob, Calguns CGSSA and GSSF and most importantly, ALL of the great volunteers that made this happen. I know Chad and GSSF all know these matches don't work without the volunteers. They gave away 5 RO guns yesterday and that was just plain awesome! Congratulations to those winners. We also set a new record for this match at 487 entries I think it was. Not quite 500 but we are getting there. I know at least 3 shooters that could not make it that would have put this over the top. Maybe in November!

We had a great crew on M with Steve, Jared, Michael, Shelton, David and a couple of new guys whos names escape me. Everyone did a great job to keep Glock M running smooth and efficient even when we got a little stacked up on Saturday. I look forward to working with you all again in November.

As for my shooting, I had some of my best times ever even with a few screwups. Leaving a plate up on Glock the Plates always hurts and I killed myself in Unlimited with needing to shoot all 11 rounds on the 6 plates. My scores for the weekend.

Competition- 69.51
Master Stock- 64.72 (New PB)
Unlimited- 66.14
Sub Compact- 74.47
Heavy Metal- 74.03
Major Sub- 66.00
Pocket Glock- 49.69 (new PB)

Man this stuff is fun!!
Old 04-09-2018, 9:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
Man was I sunbeam after yesterday, huge thanks to Chad, Jacob, Team Glock, and even the staff at Burro seems much nicer each time we are there.

Shout out to Scott V for running the Glock'M and doing a fantastic job of it, much appreciated. To all the other volunteers, great work, such a pleasure to see so many new faces and people working the stages and running things smoothly.

on a personal note, I shot my best ever 80 seconds!
Yeah, I think this is the first time I have ever seen you smiling! Congrats on the 80! It comes in slow increments so keep at it. And it looks like we finally figured out a decent brassing process! I will bring real tools next time.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM720;
My scores for the weekend.

Competition- 69.51

Master Stock- 64.72 (New PB)

Unlimited- 66.14

Sub Compact- 74.47

Heavy Metal- 74.03

Major Sub- 66.00

Pocket Glock- 49.69 (new PB)

Man this stuff is fun!!

Those are times I will be striving for. Hoping to be sub 100 come November. Shot two divisions last Nov and averaged 116.93, shot three divisions this event and averaged 108. Had one miss for each division I shot. =\

Marketplace:

None
Old 04-09-2018, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tencreations_ar888 View Post
Those are times I will be striving for. Hoping to be sub 100 come November. Shot two divisions last Nov and averaged 116.93, shot three divisions this event and averaged 108. Had one miss for each division I shot. =\
Yeah, misses are a killer. That 10 seconds HURTS! Keep after it, it will come around! Practice more at 25 yards and it will be easier to hit at the closer distances.
Old 04-09-2018, 3:57 PM

Had a great time helping out on Saturday and shooting on Sunday. I was one of the "new guys" on M. Really enjoyed the day. Great group of guys.
I'd post my scores - but then there'd be a record of them for all to see. I'll keep these to myself
See you at the next one...November?
Old 04-09-2018, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis9288 View Post
Had a great time helping out on Saturday and shooting on Sunday. I was one of the "new guys" on M. Really enjoyed the day. Great group of guys.
I'd post my scores - but then there'd be a record of them for all to see. I'll keep these to myself
See you at the next one...November?

Thanks for working, it was indeed a well run crew!
Old 04-09-2018, 10:10 PM
Black rifles matter
CGN Contributor

Had a great time working the glock'm with Scott, Steve and the rest of the guys there. It ran really smooth both days. Already looking forward to November. Going to make sure I get in on the 10 dollar mags early on Friday. Shot 2 classes Friday and one on Sunday to help us break the record for shooters.

Civilian g17

Heavy metal g20

Super sub g30 on loan from Scott

Scores are rough from math in my brain so might not be totally correct. Not as good as I'd like, but for a first go at it and for shooting one of the guns for the first time at the targets it's not that bad for me.
Old 04-11-2018, 8:20 AM

Prelims are posted!

http://www.gssfonline.com/results/2018/2018aca.pdf

Scott
Old 04-11-2018, 8:46 AM
Black rifles matter
CGN Contributor

I in 86th, 29th and 19th! Pretty happy with that on my first competitive shooting attempt.
Old 04-11-2018, 9:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default GSSF and CGSSA Presents: GLOCK West Coast Challenge III - Spring (04/07 & 04/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdodge;
I in 86th, 29th and 19th! Pretty happy with that on my first competitive shooting attempt.

Did you skip counting the masters and see how you placed against others of your own class for Heavy and Major Sub?

Marketplace:

None
Old 04-11-2018, 12:27 PM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Looks like I missed a gun (via Share the Wealth) in Sub Compact, by " " that much...

Maybe Frank needs to correct his score for the worst...
Old 04-11-2018, 2:59 PM
Black rifles matter
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Did you skip counting the masters and see how you placed against others of your own class for Heavy and Major Sub?
86th in amateur and 29th in heavy metal, dont shoot either one as much as I should. Also went slow to try and be more accurate so the times should drop over time if I can get more trigger time in.

Also, forgot to add that Steve Alan and I placed 3rd in the team competition as well.
Old 04-11-2018, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM720 View Post
Prizes posted later?
Old 04-11-2018, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Prizes posted later?
Once the dispute period passes, about a month.
Old 04-11-2018, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Once the dispute period passes, about a month.
Very cool. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2018, 9:42 PM

Had a lot of fun shooting! Sadly, two Mikes the whole day (surprisingly both on Glock'M and not 5 to Glock), but I made it through plates clean on all 3 divisions and gained a lot of experience in my first competition against other shooters. I realized how important it is to plan out an order on Glock'M and not just try different target orders on the fly. I also realized that timer really changes things and how important it is to train using a timer.

My one gripe, when I was running the timer on the plates, there were a LOT of people trying to get around the rules. One of the top finishers in multiple divisions was running a stippled glock in pocket and a brass plug in comp. I wasn't going nuts with checking people's guns, but as they drew it out of the bag, sometimes things would catch my eye that I know aren't allowed in anything but unlimited and asked them to remove it before competing. I just feel sad that experienced shooters would knowingly do that to fellow competitors to win a Glock.

Complaining over, see you guys in November. I'll try to get more shooting buddies to volunteer!
Old 04-12-2018, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitruc View Post
Had a lot of fun shooting! Sadly, two Mikes the whole day (surprisingly both on Glock'M and not 5 to Glock), but I made it through plates clean on all 3 divisions and gained a lot of experience in my first competition against other shooters. I realized how important it is to plan out an order on Glock'M and not just try different target orders on the fly. I also realized that timer really changes things and how important it is to train using a timer.

My one gripe, when I was running the timer on the plates, there were a LOT of people trying to get around the rules. One of the top finishers in multiple divisions was running a stippled glock in pocket and a brass plug in comp. I wasn't going nuts with checking people's guns, but as they drew it out of the bag, sometimes things would catch my eye that I know aren't allowed in anything but unlimited and asked them to remove it before competing. I just feel sad that experienced shooters would knowingly do that to fellow competitors to win a Glock.

Complaining over, see you guys in November. I'll try to get more shooting buddies to volunteer!
I am glad to hear you had a good time. The Plates can be a real chore having to pull that rope all day and there is not really much of a break between shooters. And yeah, the best laid plans often fly right out the window when you hear that beep! LOL!

I think there are very few people trying to intentionally break the rules. Many are new shooters that simply do not know. I have found that most are pretty receptive when you point out the illegal mods. Just make a note of the mods on the scoresheet and the GSSF officials will make the final determination.

Thanks for the help and hope to see you in November!
Old 04-12-2018, 8:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The “New Competitor Brief” briefly mentions referencing the “The GLOCK Report” for rules, etc. It maybe helpful if it directly links to the rules pdf document. I’m of the same opinion that most simply aren’t aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marketplace:

None
Old 04-12-2018, 9:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitruc View Post

I think this is the one thing that we failed to mention in either (Friday or Saturday) of the RO Briefings. While we don't want any of the ROs performing detailed equipment inspections, if you happen to notice something just mention it to the competitor in a friendly manner with a smile, and write it down as a comment on the score sheet. When GSSF is entering the scores they'll decide what to do (if anything) about it. But typically if there is a comment about an item that provides a considerable competitive advantage, and they're in the running for a win, they'll be bumped to Open.

Quote:
The “New Competitor Brief” briefly mentions referencing the “The GLOCK Report” for rules, etc. It maybe helpful if it directly links to the rules pdf document. I’m of the same opinion that most simply aren’t aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There is a link to the GLOCK Report on our website, and I even cite the specific page (7) that the rules start on.
Old 04-12-2018, 9:33 AM

Quote:
how did you find this? I was checking GSSFonline.com everyday!

Last edited by garyngwind; 04-12-2018 at 9:41 AM..
Old 04-12-2018, 9:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye;

There is a link to the GLOCK Report on our website, and I even cite the specific page (7) that the rules start on.

Thanks. Yes! you folks are awesome about providing the necessary details. I was referring to the GSSF website document.

http://www.gssfonline.com/pdf/forms/new_comp_brief.pdf

Marketplace:

None
Old 04-12-2018, 1:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyngwind View Post
how did you find this? I was checking GSSFonline.com everyday!
Cuz I was checking it every hour? Well, that and Roundeye texted me.
Old 04-12-2018, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Cuz I was checking it every hour? Well, that and Roundeye texted me.
cheater!
Old 04-12-2018, 2:12 PM

Quote:
Roundeye texted me.
Rather than wait for the link to be updated, I just use a little ingenuity coupled with some URL injection.
Old 04-12-2018, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
Rather than wait for the link to be updated, I just use a little ingenuity coupled with some URL injection.
oh, you guessed the URL ? haha. okay i will do that next time
Old 04-13-2018, 3:52 PM

RO gifts showed up today!

Old 04-13-2018, 4:28 PM

Quote:

Cute little magazines!
Old 04-13-2018, 9:07 PM

Chad and Jacob are rock stars and make me want to volunteer!
I work the plates each time because that’s where the volunteer shortage seems to be.
Old 04-14-2018, 3:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Quote:

Fastest Glock thank you gift shipping ever!

I received my 3 magazines also today!

THANKS GLOCK!!!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 04-14-2018, 6:22 PM

Quote:

Congratulations!!!

Unfortunately, due to family obligations (Spring Break vacation off-state), wasn't able to participate in this match. See you in November then~~!
Old 04-14-2018, 9:27 PM

Got my mags and my shirt too. It took less than one week, go Scott and Patti!

And holy cow, were we lucky with the weather... We avoided the sudden heat wave that kicked in on Monday and missed the rain on Saturday. The gods must be glock fans.
Old 04-15-2018, 8:55 AM
VETERAN
CGN Contributor

What a great weekend, from set-up on Friday to tear down on Sunday! I learned a lot out there. Thanks to Brian at the plates for showing me the ropes and being patient with us newer less experienced RO's. Can't wait for November's event.
Old 04-16-2018, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Are those G42 Magazines? I'll trade you a magazine w/o finger extension for the one you have that has a finger extension.
Old 04-17-2018, 5:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
Are those G42 Magazines? I'll trade you a magazine w/o finger extension for the one you have that has a finger extension.

Sorry, but no, G43. If the extensions fit the G42 mags, I have several and you're welcome to them.
Old 04-23-2018, 4:05 PM

I received a very cool Glock knife today. Will find a place in my camping gear.

Thanks GSSF!
Old 04-24-2018, 3:03 PM

Quote:
I received a very cool Glock knife today. Will find a place in my camping gear.

Thanks GSSF!
Was this for an RO gift or shooting prize? And yeah, they are cool knives. I think I have 3 now.
Old 04-24-2018, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Was this for an RO gift or shooting prize? And yeah, they are cool knives. I think I have 3 now.
I believe this my RO gift.
Me a shooting prize? That's a good one
Old 04-24-2018, 6:15 PM

Quote:
I believe this my RO gift.
Me a shooting prize? That's a good one
Hey, it could have been a random!
Old 04-24-2018, 6:26 PM

Made me look at the score sheets though!
Old 04-25-2018, 8:24 AM

Quote:
Made me look at the score sheets though!
ME TOO!!