Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-18-2018, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Gavin better convince Trump to build the wall along the CA border to Nevada.

I can cross into Nevada with my Jeep anytime I want. No inspectors, just lizards. With AZ all you need is a raft. There is far too much traffic entering the state to ever stop everyone and search them, warrants included.

Here in Carlsbad we now have license plate readers connected to a computer database that ID's wanted vehicles. It is effective because we paid for it here. California doesn't have the $ for that nor the enforcement manpower to follow up. They can't even clear the brush nor incarcerate criminal illegal aliens, there is no prison space for us and simple gun violations.

All they have left to contain us is fear. Seems that's working better than expected here.
As can I, but I must respectfully disagree with it not potentially happening. Of course they can't seal it in the literal sense, but heaven help you if you are sitting there at the Ag checkpoint when the dog alerts on your ammo or rifle in the trunk.

No prison space? You are correct, but they do not have to jail all of us. They only have to make examples of a few of us. Yup. You'll tow the line like everyone else, and since I want to keep my clearance, so will I. There will come a time I will fight for real. Bullets and all, but until then, it's always a balance.

Just like certain equipment on a car can mandate it be impounded (like stacks...they are not street legal and some areas mandate impound as that is an indicator of a racing car), they could cite you, impound the equipment, and send you on the way. Only in this case, you're not getting the toys back. Once they overcome the takings clause, that is. Oh...wait...they're already violating several federal laws. It's not fear that says they are sending folks to NV/AZ to look for CA plates, it's known.

They also have other, economical, methods to turn us into victims of our rights. They already curtailed the ammo acquisition for most people because going to Vegas or some place negates the savings, and soon they will track how much you buy, so either buy it by the 1000 count and get red flagged or buy it by the box and get nickel/dimed to death by the transfer fees.

They may not send armed people to the NV/CA border, and won't likely build a wall. That'll cause a war. Trade, political or physical...doesn't matter. All they do is cook us very slowly, very methodically. Just like the lobster in the pot. Slow cook 'em, and he doesn't even know he's dying. Drop him into a boiling pot of water and he'll react.

Ask me about low cost Commander memberships to Frontsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.
Old 11-18-2018, 5:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Block View Post
Recently, our new Orange County sheriff told a group of us that
There is no such thing as a high capacity magazine.
There is no such thing as an assault weapon.
If he stays true to this I do not think confiscations will happen in OC, at least not with the cooperation of the OCSD.
The CALDoJ Firearms Division does not ask permission from the S/O or chief of police, so their stand is only meaningful if they came to your defense.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 11-18-2018, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulmapache View Post
The new station at stateline is called a "super-coop" by us truckers...AG functions are also performed there...as well as having a radiation detection device, x-ray equipment and other intrusive techs. Real simple to route all traffic thru the station and have explosive sniffing doggers alert the officers....
Do they have a radiation detection device there, Xray, etc? I see a large box like structure on the side of the Inspection station. Maybe it is scanning cars as they go by. I was looking for scanners but they are not apparent. At least what I am use to seeing. I don't trust that inspection station. It does not even say it is an Ag station.
Old 11-19-2018, 6:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersapper View Post
but heaven help you if you are sitting there at the Ag checkpoint when the dog alerts on your ammo or rifle in the trunk.
Peole will just start packing cases of ammo and their guns in a box filled with coffee beans to hide the sent
Old 11-19-2018, 11:45 AM

You still can refuse a warrantless inspection. They will make you turn around and go back to Nevada. And have your refusal on their data base for next time. Truckee claims they seize thousands of illegal fireworks.. a misdemeanor in CA. But never any mention of gun seizures..

Last edited by Dan_Eastvale; 11-19-2018 at 11:51 AM..
Old 11-19-2018, 11:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM44 View Post
Peole will just start packing cases of ammo and their guns in a box filled with coffee beans to hide the sent
They are very aware of that trick.
Old 11-19-2018, 2:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM44 View Post
CA gun owners really have only two choices: comply with whatever laws are passed and enforced and have your firearms access steadily reduced and constrained, or leave for better climes. You have to decide what is a bigger part of your life. I imagine most younger folks will comply and many older types will leave.

California will say good riddance to the older mostly white emigres whose departure will allow their Prop 13 houses to be reappraised and will take their increasing health issues with them to another state.

"Everybody dies.. the thing is, to die well' Jack Harper
Old 11-19-2018, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smle-man View Post
CA gun owners really have only two choices: comply with whatever laws are passed and enforced and have your firearms access steadily reduced and constrained, or leave for better climes. You have to decide what is a bigger part of your life. I imagine most younger folks will comply and many older types will leave.

California will say good riddance to the older mostly white emigres whose departure will allow their Prop 13 houses to be reappraised and will take their increasing health issues with them to another state.

Oh, I assure you there are more than two choices.

NRA Lifetime Member. Hunter & Target Shooter.
San Diego County.
Passionate supporter of RTKBA.
Supporter of conceal and open-carry.

"It's called the Bill Of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs."

Acronyms
AR-15 Primer
CA firearms laws timeline
BLM land maps
Old 11-19-2018, 5:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smle-man View Post

The split role for Prop 13 is on the ballot for 2020. When they succeed for that they will do the same for homes.

Anyone who thinks differently should look how Prop 6 was defeated. The people here are idiots and only an uneducated idiot will let the state raise taxes any time it wants. Well we have those idiots.

Prop 13 will fall within a few years of the split role being approved.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-19-2018, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
You still can refuse a warrantless inspection. They will make you turn around and go back to Nevada. And have your refusal on their data base for next time. Truckee claims they seize thousands of illegal fireworks.. a misdemeanor in CA. But never any mention of gun seizures..
I guess you could also deny you purchased the ammo out of state. Say you were traveling with it and stick to your story. Its illegal to import only if "purchased" out of state right?
Old 11-19-2018, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidkiller View Post
I guess you could also deny you purchased the ammo out of state. Say you were traveling with it and stick to your story. Its illegal to import only if "purchased" out of state right?
I think you can bring in 50 rounds max. Check CA law.
After July 2019.

Last edited by Dan_Eastvale; 11-19-2018 at 6:38 PM..
Old 11-19-2018, 7:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidkiller View Post
Just remember guys this state can't keep an illegal rodent out this state. They can't keep ferrets out of here. People have them.

No one at the AG checkpoints are going to be checking people's cars for ammo they bought on a trip.

I can also see this state royally F****** this up like the BBAW registration and it has to be extended. The best part is Newsom will have to sign the law to allow the extension as Brown did. California is anything but efficient.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
contact the governor
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-21-2018, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
I think you can bring in 50 rounds max. Check CA law.
After July 2019.
Yes, but the law is written as prohibiting "purchased" ammunition. If it was always in the back of your truck, then I'd argue no law was broken.

30368. (a) Commencing July 1, 2019, a resident of this state shall not bring or transport into this state any ammunition that he or she purchased from outside of this state unless he or she first has that ammunition delivered to an ammunition vendor in this state for delivery to that resident pursuant to the procedures set forth in Section 30366

Last edited by Nvidkiller; 11-21-2018 at 6:07 PM..
Old 11-22-2018, 8:03 AM

So if I go to NV with a buddy, we each buy a case of 9mm, and give the cases to one another, complete with cards and gift receipts, we are good?

My pirate heart soars, Arrrrrrrr
Old 11-22-2018, 8:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPMG Gunner View Post
So if I go to NV with a buddy, we each buy a case of 9mm, and give the cases to one another, complete with cards and gift receipts, we are good?

My pirate heart soars, Arrrrrrrr
You guys are wasting a lot of hot air on ammo purchases. They have no serial number. Cannot be tracked. Just keep quiet and don't advertise what your doing and go about your business and you will be ok. Everybody is getting paranoid in this state. I have a home in Las Vegas and Kalifornia and I do what I god damn please no matter what Newsom and Becerra do. That is your only solution short of moving out of Kalifornia if these legal issues bother you that much.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:41 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptalar View Post
You guys are wasting a lot of hot air on ammo purchases. They have no serial number. Cannot be tracked. Just keep quiet and don't advertise what your doing and go about your business and you will be ok. Everybody is getting paranoid in this state. I have a home in Las Vegas and Kalifornia and I do what I god damn please no matter what Newsom and Becerra do. That is your only solution short of moving out of Kalifornia if these legal issues bother you that much.
Thank you for a great dose of reality.

If I could live my life all over,
It wouldn't matter anyway,
'Cause I never could stay sober
On the Corpus Christi Bay. Robert Earl Keene

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Old 11-23-2018, 12:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Really true
Just make sure there are no obvious indicators like receipts or price tags with LasVegas or Oregon etc store names on them. Without those they have nothing to legally hassle you over.
And for God's sake, keep your mouth shut.
Old 11-23-2018, 1:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Ammo sniffing dogs? You guys are funny. I'd get nabbed for that just from the residuals inside my Jeep.

Imagine the I-15 backed up to Vegas while the well-funded California "Ammo Patrol" stops and searches every vehicle for contraband. Maybe they will find a ferret or two?

Sure, this stuff could happen, in Europe. The Commerce Clause will probably be the death of California's "ammo ban".
Old 11-23-2018, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
Really true
Just make sure there are no obvious indicators like receipts or price tags with LasVegas or Oregon etc store names on them. Without those they have nothing to legally hassle you over.
Most ammo deals are done in cash in Vegas. No receipts involved. Don't buy on credit.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Do they have a radiation detection device there, Xray, etc? I see a large box like structure on the side of the Inspection station. Maybe it is scanning cars as they go by. I was looking for scanners but they are not apparent. At least what I am use to seeing. I don't trust that inspection station. It does not even say it is an Ag station.
Politburo type ****..... man

Old 11-24-2018, 7:42 AM
Veteran Member

Because of Newsom, who hasn’t even taken office yet, this BF weekend went towards a lot of firearms parts. & accessories.... stuff that may eventually become banned from buying as residents of CA in the near future.
Old 11-24-2018, 9:21 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Ammo sniffing dogs? You guys are funny. I'd get nabbed for that just from the residuals inside my Jeep.

Imagine the I-15 backed up to Vegas while the well-funded California "Ammo Patrol" stops and searches every vehicle for contraband. Maybe they will find a ferret or two?

Sure, this stuff could happen, in Europe. The Commerce Clause will probably be the death of California's "ammo ban".
yeah no kidding the is strong with this assumption.

There has to be a ferret patrol somewhere.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-24-2018, 9:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
We live under a political dictatorship. Paranoia is part of their plan to keep people so paranoid to even do the most basic functions of daily life or even travel.

Stalin is very proud as to what this state has turned into.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-24-2018, 5:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post

There has to be a ferret patrol somewhere.

There is a ferret patrol. California Department of Fish and Wildlfe.

A good friend of mine got her ferret confiscated and Fish and Wildlife tried to pin a misdemeanor on her for having it. Luckily, the DA said this is stupid and just gave her a $1100 fine and the ferret was taken. She got popped by answering a Craigslist ad, the guy said he wanted to give away his ferret to a good home. It was an undercover agent, bait ad. So your state government is out enforcing victimless crime. Yippee!
Old 11-24-2018, 5:56 PM

So now I gotta ask...

What does:
"There is a ferret patrol. California Department of Fish and Wildlife."
- do with the confiscated ferret?

Some things are important to know!
Old 11-24-2018, 6:13 PM

Quote:
We live under a political dictatorship. Paranoia is part of their plan to keep people so paranoid to even do the most basic functions of daily life or even travel.

Stalin is very proud as to what this state has turned into.
I know. This has got to come to a head one way or another. This can't go on like this. The problem is that there is no justice without money in this country. The 2nd amendment won't protect you if the government ignores it. Only money will protect you and a willing supreme court. Otherwise, it is surrender or civil war.
Old 11-24-2018, 6:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimmike View Post
So now I gotta ask...

What does:
"There is a ferret patrol. California Department of Fish and Wildlife."
- do with the confiscated ferret?

Some things are important to know!
Probably the same thing they do with wild animals and game chickens...kill it.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:33 PM

The worst thing this douche can do is...

Deerfield, Illinois.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2018, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
Really true
Some ammo will have a year of manufacture on the head stamp.

Now ammo like 22Lr will have nothing on the rounds to tell the date of manufacture.

BUT the boxes will have a manufacture lot number that can be used to trace date and store shipped to. and the state of calif can get the info on any new ammo if still in the box.

Save all your old ammo boxes because the lot numbers will when the new ammo is reboxed in them look like older ammo.
Old 11-25-2018, 7:34 AM
S/360 Changed The Game
CGN Contributor

The last 2 times I came back from Las Vegas there was 1 lane open for cars at the checkpoint. And there was no one in the booth.

Of course I was passing through at 05:00.

Just think of the carnage I could have created with 10 crates of oranges.
Old 11-25-2018, 9:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Take your ammo out of the boxes. Toss it into an old ammo can. Throw in a little AZ or NV dust and drive back.

Innocent until proven guilty. The CA DOJ must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you bought that ammo illegally out of state.

Case dismissed.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by augoldminer View Post
Some ammo will have a year of manufacture on the head stamp.

Now ammo like 22Lr will have nothing on the rounds to tell the date of manufacture.

BUT the boxes will have a manufacture lot number that can be used to trace date and store shipped to. and the state of calif can get the info on any new ammo if still in the box.

Save all your old ammo boxes because the lot numbers will when the new ammo is reboxed in them look like older ammo.
^^^ This would not be tolerated by the founding fathers we have become enslaved.
America was founded by men who understood that the threat of domestic tyranny is as great as any threat from abroad. If we want to be worthy of their legacy, we must resist the rush toward ever-increasing state control of our society. Otherwise, our own government will become a greater threat to our freedoms than any foreign terrorist.

-Ron Paul
Old 11-25-2018, 4:37 PM
Calguns Addict

All this trouble for an infraction? Wow...I personally know over a dozen LEO’s from CHP’s to DFG...and they all tell me how overworked and understaffed they are.

I guess the new CA SS troopers will be dedicated to searching out ammo smugglers and writing them tickets.

What do hear ???...... Nothing but the rain. Well grab your gun and bring in the cat.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
It makes it bigger and longer.
Old 11-25-2018, 5:17 PM

Will it be an infraction after July 2019? Illegal fireworks are already a misdemeanor.
Old 11-25-2018, 5:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I know. This has got to come to a head one way or another. This can't go on like this. The problem is that there is no justice without money in this country. The 2nd amendment won't protect you if the government ignores it. Only money will protect you and a willing supreme court. Otherwise, it is surrender or civil war.
oh yes it can go one like this. Think about it this way. This state is importing the hemisphere's poor here. People that come from countries that do not have rights that the US does.

They are not taught them in schools or a perverted version of it. They are taught and they bring with them their government controlled lifestyle here. As we are seeing here. High taxes, regulations on just about everything. Gun Control well these people did not come from a country that has gun rights. Thus they support it . Prop 63 gave this state cart blanch on enacting any gun control law as well. The people want it. The people here don't care about the Bill of Rights and what it means. They only care about what government can do for them and not what they can do for themselves.

When they see government officials touting stricter gun laws well they support it because they know nothing else than government control over firearms or outright bans on ownership.

Does this go for every person who comes here? The answer is no. But they are outnumbered by those who do believe in it.

Just look at the defeat of repealing the gas tax. People are uneducated on issues like this. The state here loves it so no we're stuck with a gas tax that no one gets a voice on ever again.

It's only going to get worse when the Legislature and Newsom are sworn in to royally F*** us over.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-25-2018, 5:58 PM

Quote:
oh yes it can go one like this. Think about it this way. This state is importing the hemisphere's poor here. People that come from countries that do not have rights that the US does.

They are not taught them in schools or a perverted version of it. They are taught and they bring with them their government controlled lifestyle here. As we are seeing here. High taxes, regulations on just about everything. Gun Control well these people did not come from a country that has gun rights. Thus they support it . Prop 63 gave this state cart blanch on enacting any gun control law as well. The people want it. The people here don't care about the Bill of Rights and what it means. They only care about what government can do for them and not what they can do for themselves.

When they see government officials touting stricter gun laws well they support it because they know nothing else than government control over firearms or outright bans on ownership.

Does this go for every person who comes here? The answer is no. But they are outnumbered by those who do believe in it.

Just look at the defeat of repealing the gas tax. People are uneducated on issues like this. The state here loves it so no we're stuck with a gas tax that no one gets a voice on ever again.

It's only going to get worse when the Legislature and Newsom are sworn in to royally F*** us over.
I am just glad I won't be around in 50 years, or less. This will be a different country. I have a house in Nevada but even that state is not guaranteed to be pro 2nd amendment. Nevada still hosts the SHOT show, but for how long?