Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 07-23-2017, 4:33 PM

Default nvidia shield owners

i have a nvidia shield ordered. will be mainly used for hosting kodi and titanium. my droid box was a pain in the butt to navigate at first. are there any issues with the shield to know about during setup ? any tweaks or settings to avoid ?
Old 07-30-2017, 5:18 AM

for starters....found out that if you click on the "settings" icon, then select "about", and then scroll down to "build" and repeatedly click on it.......you will open "developer options", which is normally hidden.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

If you are talking about the SheildTV Kodi works but the default skin appears to be the Android tablet version and I find it a pain to setup and edit options. Swapping to a more conventional skin helped a lot and so did adding a keyboard/mouse combination - in my case a Logitech K400 Plus did the trick. I also added a fast but tiny USB 3.0 128GB thumb drive (probably overkill) to make room for more apps.

Finally, I connected my ShieldTV to my Harmony Elite (the Harmony Hub on steroids) via Bluetooth so that I can control everything from a single remote control. There is a trick to it and it does take a bit of work to make it work but it works.

Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association

Last edited by sholling; 07-30-2017 at 10:46 AM..
Old 07-30-2017, 12:49 PM

you hit it on the head. i am running Kodi with the newer version of Titanium on it with limitless iptv activated. gradually bumping my way through, but what a great piece of gear !
Old 08-07-2017, 7:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine mil thrill View Post
you hit it on the head. i am running Kodi with the newer version of Titanium on it with limitless iptv activated. gradually bumping my way through, but what a great piece of gear !
It is blazing fast. Sounds like you already got it setup. The only thing I found really important was to do all available updates ASAP. Mine needed updates to make the speed and wireless controllers work correctly. I use mine daily and it is great. Everything I want to do works great on it - Kodi, Amazon Video, Netflix, YouTube, Plex, etc...