Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 10-24-2012, 1:40 PM
Banned

German shepard! OR Belgian Malinois, Rotts, Dobermans. American Pitbulls, etc are really human loving dogs, they were bred to hate dogs not people.
Old 10-24-2012, 1:51 PM

Man, I hope your pics help catch the ...holes. Maybe you can show pics to beat cops in and around your city/cities. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2012, 2:19 PM

Sorry about your lose man, but what infuriates me more is the fact that there's a couple of scums out there with a stolen firearm that can be used to hurt innocent people.
Old 10-24-2012, 3:14 PM

It's not the breed that really matters...its the noise a dog makes. A barking small dog can be as effective as a pit bull.
Old 10-24-2012, 3:25 PM
Veteran Member

That sucks. I would take color picts and bring them down to USI ASAP. Good for you having the camera. Sorry to hear this. If Obama had a son.

Originally Posted by icallshotgun88:

I'm sorry, but if you don't think Glocks are reliable then we can't be friends...
Old 10-24-2012, 3:33 PM
Veteran Member

Call the news media!!! Bet they plaster their mugs on the 6pm news.
Old 10-24-2012, 3:59 PM

Yea. Give the pics to the medias.
Old 10-24-2012, 4:07 PM

They should be able to catch them quicky those are good pics they probably live close to you. Check all the low income housing or apartments bet you could find them pretty fast but done get your self into anything. Happens to my house two years ago the robbers lived a block away but didn't get any guns
Old 10-24-2012, 4:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvardan View Post
It's not the breed that really matters...its the noise a dog makes. A barking small dog can be as effective as a pit bull.
Very true for the first visit, any noise that draws attention is effective. However, Rottweilers make the bad guys go away & stay away.

I've got a guy that refuses to service my house any more because my Rot "scares the sh*t out of him". And I mean with the dog in her kennel & supervised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_R View Post
A week ago Congress was asking Tide to change their pod designs so teenagers would stop eating them.

Now this week the media thinks teenagers should determine gun control laws.
Old 10-24-2012, 4:17 PM

Sorry bro, I hope they catch those jerks. What kind of cameras do you have? Those are some pretty high quality pics compared to ones I've seen...
Old 10-24-2012, 4:45 PM

Hope the pictures help,

if you want to save some cash DIY your own alarm and then sign up for monitoring through some one like next alarm or alarm relay ..the monitoring only starts at $10

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/

was the dvr hidden or did they just ignore it?

Last edited by Montu; 10-24-2012 at 4:48 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 5:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Sorry to hear.
Old 10-24-2012, 5:04 PM
Calguns Addict

It’s a rare thing to get something like this on camera, I’m glad the DVR was not compromised. On the bright side in your situation it answers some questions… I’m sure others who have been burgled have that question still plague them, along with the feeling of being violated.

Just in case your DVR is easily accessible or in plain sight, hide it in the house in an area what is not accessible or easily accessible.
Old 10-24-2012, 5:05 PM

I suggest a flyer. With photos of the guns and the rodents. And offer a reward. No need to say what the reward is, is there?
And take them around to the gun stores, ammo stores, and pawn shops in the area.
They probably live close by. And look stupid enough to waltz into a store with the gun in hand to buy some ammo, and ask what ammo goes in it.
dc
Old 10-24-2012, 5:11 PM

I feel for the OP, I would be heartbroken.

How did they know he had guns though? I doubt these guys were the op's acquaintances. Do you think they just saw him transporting them? Makes you wonder if anybody is watching you when you take your guns out of the house and into your car for a day at the range, for example
Old 10-24-2012, 5:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Potentially explosive question....

But I'm curious to know if you have NRA, or any other firearm stickers on your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_R View Post
A week ago Congress was asking Tide to change their pod designs so teenagers would stop eating them.

Now this week the media thinks teenagers should determine gun control laws.
Old 10-24-2012, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottolia View Post

How did they know he had guns though? I doubt these guys were the op's acquaintances. Do you think they just saw him transporting them? Makes you wonder if anybody is watching you when you take your guns out of the house and into your car for a day at the range, for example
Allot of guys like these, have done this once or twice. They have learned not to waste time and what to look for. It may not be the fact they knew he had guns, its just they knew where/what to look for once they gained entry. How many people keep guns in the bedroom? Allot.

Why go for a bike or tv when you find a vault and body armor. That stuff is worth more on the street AND/OR can help them make more $ in the long run.
Old 10-24-2012, 5:33 PM

run of the mill residential burglary. dont worry the perps will be caught with your guns when they get busted for robbing a liquor store or gang banging with them in the near future.

most residential burglaries occur during daylight hours while people are at work. residential burglary is NOT a minor crime in california, it is a major crime. prop 36 would not affect this case, because residential burglary is a strikable offense. they will get a strike for it no matter what.

Old 10-24-2012, 5:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Sorry Buddy,pm sent.

I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

Secret Club Member?.
Old 10-24-2012, 6:58 PM

Sorry to hear about that! I hope they get the guys!
Old 10-24-2012, 7:09 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear that neighbor from over the hill. Hope they catch those sumbeaches and you get your guns back!
Old 10-24-2012, 7:15 PM
In Memoriam

Sorry to hear about this. I hate theives!
-g
Old 10-24-2012, 7:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHShooter View Post
Put their pictures up around town. Sorry to hear man
+1. That would be humorous
"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 10-24-2012, 7:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I always assume someone is watching and try to be as discreet as possible.
"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 10-24-2012, 7:28 PM

Same thing happened to us three years ago, they took valuables and a revolver I forgot to put back in the safe that I left in the dresser next to the bed. The funny thing was my wife was on maternity leave and the first day she went back to work they broke in to the house, so guys be aware these scumbags sonetimes scoping you out and are most likely aware when you go to work or how your schedule works.
Old 10-24-2012, 7:29 PM

I'd be surprised if the local TV news station wouldn't want to run the story and show the pictures. Those are REALLY good pictures you got and someone should be able to recognize em. They deserve jail time.
Old 10-24-2012, 7:43 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss and careless neighbors. I have been thru two home burglaries. One my older brother and I slept thru. Scary. Woke up to see the perp got all the way to the hallway medicine cabinet. They got into neighbors service truck and other neighbors garage. Last one was between 5:00PM and 7:30PM. Pried open bedroom window. Didn’t get into Large safe but did get into Small Pistol safe that was bolted down. Got off with two loaded handguns.
Thank God for insurance and that we didn’t walk in on it. Lesson learned. Insurance is the most important item to have, we had it. Get the best security person you can and assess your home. Beef up the week spots. Doors and locks. Window latches. One of the weakest points are those sliding glass doors. Drill a hole tap threads into it and install a bolt if you have too. I know it is a hassle to deal with every time you have to open the door. Get a good alarm system and arm every opening with sensors and double coverage with motion sensors, glass breakage sensors cameras, smoke detectors, interior doors maybe also. Tell your alarm install company you want an external bell also in the system. Thank about double transmission systems. The phone line can always be cut at the entrance to your home if it is on ground level, so a cell transmitter is a good addition. Spend the money once and get everything you need at the install time. These items will save you a little money on your home insurance or renters ins if you rent. Ask about monitoring discounts. Like AAA, or others. This typical install cost us over two thousand. The alarm is to protect you and family while at home. Insurance protects your belongings that may be stolen. Get multiple level zones set up at install. Like Home, Night Home when a few motion sensors can also be on as you sleep. Forced Disarm, is if someone forces you to open your home and turn of the alarm. Keypad will act and show a standard alarm off mode but signal is sent to alarm company as a forced disarm. Police will respond quick.
Again sorry for your loss.

Last edited by ontmark; 10-24-2012 at 8:18 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 8:06 PM

I need to work on my neighborly public relations. I let them know if they accidentally leave their garage door open, let them borrow tools, they invite me to their house parties, that kind of stuff but I'm going to ask them for email and phone #'s and give them my contact info as well. Also, that camera system that emails alerts, that is cool.

I recently installed a cheap dialer at a border patrol station to where if someone set off the security system the dialer calls the programmed # and speaks a prerecorded message over the phone. Works off a set of dry contacts and a phone line. If anyone moves the safe or opens the door you get a call on your cell saying there is a security breach at home.
Old 10-24-2012, 8:12 PM

Sorry for the burglary. I hope you recover quickly. It is disturbing having a perp invade your property. Also, I really hope these BGs get apprehended quickly.

I found a good deal on home security equipment and monitoring at Highpoint Security. Give them a call, 30 day trial period.

Again, keep us posted, and let us know if you need help.
Old 10-24-2012, 8:23 PM

It is not just your home it is rampent all over the state.

http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stori...g-police-calls

Pittsburg Police Calls
Contra Costa Timesmercurynews.com

Posted: 10/03/2012 02:27:14 PM PDT
October 3, 2012 9:29 PM GMTUpdated: 10/03/2012 02:27:14 PM PDT

The following calls were among those handled by the Pittsburg police Sept. 23-29, according to information provided by the Police Department.

Sept. 23

Interfering: Someone was arrested in the 200 block of California Avenue for interfering with the duties of a police officer.

Warrant: Someone was arrested in the 2100 block of Abbott Avenue for an outstanding warrant.

Burglary: It was reported that a residence in the 2300 block of Dover Way was burglarized.

Sept. 24

Weapon: Someone was arrested in the 2300 block of Range Road on suspicion of possessing a weapon on school grounds.

Carjacking: Officers responded to the 3900 block of Meadowbrook Circle for the report of a carjacking.

Weapon: Officers responded to the 2000 block of Cardiff Drive for the report of someone brandishing a weapon.

Sept. 25

Vandalism: Officers responded to the 2200 block of Freed Avenue for the report of vandalism.

Burglary: It was reported that a residence in the 100 block of North Catamaran Circle was burglarized.

Suspicious circumstances: Officers responded to the 1200 block of North Parkside Drive for the report of suspicious circumstances.

Sept. 26

Recovery: Officers recovered a stolen vehicle from Railroad Avenue.

Missing person:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Officers responded to the 1000 block of Oakpoint Drive for the report of a missing adult.

Warrant: Someone was arrested in the 2200 block of East Leland Road for an outstanding warrant.

Sept. 27

Drugs: Someone was arrested in the 100 block of Treatro Avenue for suspected narcotics possession.

Accident: A vehicle accident with property damaged occurred in the 1000 block of Mayport Drive.

Petty theft: Officers responded to a business in the 1100 block of East Leland Road for a report of petty theft.

Sept. 28

Civil problem: Officers responded to the 600 block of Carpino Avenue for the report of a civil problem.

Burglary: It was reported that a residence in the 100 block of Davi Avenue was burglarized.

Drugs: Someone was arrested on California Avenue and Newport Drive for suspected marijuana possession for sales.

Sept. 29

DUI: Someone was arrested on Railroad Avenue and School Street on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.

Battery: Officers responded to the 1500 block of Willow Pass Road for a report of battery.

Accident: Officers responded to a misdemeanor hit-and-run accident on Bailey and West Leland roads.

-- Nan Hargis
Old 10-24-2012, 8:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

They probably did a quick scan through the house, assessed the most valuable belongings, stumbled upon the gunvault, shook it and realized there were guns in there, figured the handguns were a good enough come up for one day, started to leave, noticed the armor, grabbed it too, and took off asap because of the paranoid feeling they must have been feeling after encountering the cameras.
Old 10-24-2012, 8:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I hope they catch these bastages based off your excellent photos. You're lucky they didn't steal the cameras and recorders. They usually do.

Like others, I'm curious what cameras you used. They are of excellent resolution and quality for security cams IMHO.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 10-24-2012, 9:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Those photos are incredible; anyone that knows these jackholes is sure to recognize them in those photos. Also willing to bet if police had a broader file of mug shots from other city departments in the immediate areas, they could make a match on one of them. Guaranteed these guys have been busted for something in the past.

A lot of these guys aren't from the immediate area, but local enough, within 50 miles, just far enough that local people and local police won't recognize them. I bet they drove in from somewhere around Oakland or close to Oakland. Check the photos with Oakland police.

Last edited by The Gleam; 10-24-2012 at 9:30 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 9:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Kudos to you for having the camera system up. Glad you got pics of those guys. hope the PD can find them and put them behind bars.

Take care, let insurance do it's thing.
Old 10-24-2012, 9:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

This looks like it could be the guy at your sliding glass door, but that is the worst of your photos, so too hard to tell but he's definitely not the guy in the other two photos - but then there are probably several dozen guys that fit a similar description in the area that also have a hobby for burglary in residential homes. Doing a search turns up about a dozen.

http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/City_Ma...y_Suspect.aspx

I walk around my neighborhood with my dog and notice many of my neighbors now have outdoor cameras aimed on their driveways/porch/sidewalk. I am betting some have panoramic view of the street. Have you checked with any of your neighbors nearby to see if maybe they have a camera that caught these guys' car on video/photos?

Last edited by The Gleam; 10-24-2012 at 10:24 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
That sucks. I would take color picts and bring them down to USI ASAP. Good for you having the camera. Sorry to hear this. If Obama had a son.
He would be more intelligent and have a higher education then you. Back on topic,two words,news media.
Old 10-25-2012, 1:22 AM
Banned

I never knew a dvr can take pics...good job wit that
Old 10-25-2012, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHShooter View Post
Put their pictures up around town. Sorry to hear man
I don't think that's a good idea. They will know exactly who put the pics, and where to go. And they have at least 2 handguns.
Old 10-25-2012, 2:25 AM

First off I'm really sorry to hear what has happened to you and your family. Ive had a similar situation happen to me and my family but it was my fathers Jewelry store. Ever since then I've always had the feeling of insecurity and also the reason I've become a gun owner. Hope you and your family get through this okay and catch those scum. I feel like these days more and more crime happens and these criminals just walk out with little time. Its a darn shame.
Old 10-25-2012, 6:22 AM

I'd distribute some flyers near the high school with the pictures and a reward for information attached.