Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Wine Country Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-17-2014, 10:33 PM
WartHog's Avatar
WartHog WartHog is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 2,798
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default Schmidt & Titoni in Santa Rosa - WTF?

What kind of idiots are running/are employed at that place? Called up asking if they had any used, off-roster S&W M&P 9's for sale and the guy starts in trying to tell me they're totally illegal to sell, Blah Blah Blah. I say, haven't you ever heard about Single Shot Exemption & the guy says "Wats That?".
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2014, 2:15 AM
9M62 9M62 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,483
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Yeah, they're old and stupid. I never go there, except to buy reloading stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2014, 7:30 AM
Mirac's Avatar
Mirac Mirac is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Franklinville, NC.
Posts: 239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Some are not enthusiasts... mostly Salesman.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Ewab0y's Avatar
Ewab0y Ewab0y is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 159
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Simply put. LAZY.

I have had a couple similar run-ins with these types in my area.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-21-2014, 12:33 AM
North Bay Guy's Avatar
North Bay Guy North Bay Guy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,239
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Vic one of the owners of S&T has been selling guns in Sonoma County for over 20 years. I'm sure he's well aware of the SSE, just chooses not to do them. The other stubby guy can be a pain sometimes. I've for the most part been treated well at S&T but I don't frequent them much anymore since some new shops opened up. One thing S&T has going for them is they usually have a good supply of used handguns, bolt guns and shotguns. I stop by every once in awhile to see what they have on the used shelves.

Try Rinkor Arms over on Mendocino Ave, when they first opened they told me that they will be doing SSE. At the time they were still figuring out sources and details. I would give them a try they're pretty cool. http://rinkorarms.com

Otherwise I don't know anywhere else in Sonoma County who's on board with SSE. There's a place in Vallejo that I know does SSE. I'm not sure but I think it's Triple A Sporting Goods. http://www.tripleas2.com. There's a couple shops doing SSE in the Bay Area-
Check here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=383692

Last edited by North Bay Guy; 09-21-2014 at 2:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-21-2014, 8:31 AM
F-2_Challenger F-2_Challenger is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,090
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

KCA in Napa is doing single shot.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-21-2014, 9:51 AM
edrex's Avatar
edrex edrex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 363
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Bay Guy View Post
Try Rinkor Arms over on Mendocino Ave, when they first opened they told me that they will be doing SSE. At the time they were still figuring out sources and details. I would give them a try they're pretty cool. http://rinkorarms.com
I've tried to give Rinkor a chance to earn my business on a few different occasions, but it's probably the worst shop I've been to. They are overpriced and stock way too many "LEO only" guns. Last time I was in I asked "Are you doing anything with SSE?" and was told sarcastically "yeah, watching it go away in January!" The guy seemed pleased about it. I'm done with them like many are done with S&T (which, to be honest, I've never had a bad experience at S&T).
__________________
It's not the flaming ruins; it's that you lit the fire.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-21-2014, 2:38 PM
North Bay Guy's Avatar
North Bay Guy North Bay Guy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,239
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrex View Post
I've tried to give Rinkor a chance to earn my business on a few different occasions, but it's probably the worst shop I've been to. They are overpriced and stock way too many "LEO only" guns. Last time I was in I asked "Are you doing anything with SSE?" and was told sarcastically "yeah, watching it go away in January!" The guy seemed pleased about it. I'm done with them like many are done with S&T (which, to be honest, I've never had a bad experience at S&T).
That's sucks Rinkor isn't doing SSE like they told me they would. They also told me some fud that all AR's and AK's were banned after 1/14, which I knew wasn't true. I'm used to gun stores spreading fud though. Rinkor is overpriced, but I'm still happy to see another gun store regardless. I wouldn't knock them for carrying a lot of LEO only guns though. I usually go to B2 now but to be honest I've had a few bad experiences there as well, they denied me for PPT 2/3 times. Petaluma Reloading Supplies seems to be the happiest to do PPT's in my experiences.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-15-2014, 7:49 PM
JRider JRider is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 94
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Just FYI... Sportsman Arms in petaluma does do SSE, although it is getting close to the wire. Get 'em if you have the cash!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-18-2014, 1:03 AM
North Bay Guy's Avatar
North Bay Guy North Bay Guy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,239
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRider View Post
Just FYI... Sportsman Arms in petaluma does do SSE, although it is getting close to the wire. Get 'em if you have the cash!
I didn't know that Sportsman Arms did SSE, I used to bowl league with the owner, good guy. Bump for all the Sonoma County people.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-11-2014, 9:03 PM
mike_the_wino's Avatar
mike_the_wino mike_the_wino is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Right here
Posts: 2,866
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Bay Guy View Post
That's sucks Rinkor isn't doing SSE like they told me they would. They also told me some fud that all AR's and AK's were banned after 1/14, which I knew wasn't true. I'm used to gun stores spreading fud though. Rinkor is overpriced, but I'm still happy to see another gun store regardless. I wouldn't knock them for carrying a lot of LEO only guns though. I usually go to B2 now but to be honest I've had a few bad experiences there as well, they denied me for PPT 2/3 times. Petaluma Reloading Supplies seems to be the happiest to do PPT's in my experiences.
Did you contact Don (owner) about your experience?

I had a bad experience about a month or two back and sent an email, thinking nothing would come of it. I was wrong. Don really went out of his way to bring me back in. And Brian(shop manager) was really good too.

I went from "**** those guys" to "I'll be back".
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-11-2014, 10:17 PM
bohoki's Avatar
bohoki bohoki is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 92688
Posts: 18,459
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

yea i think they finally got ar type firearms just last year after the longest time of obtuse refusal to believe off list lowers were legal
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-12-2014, 8:11 PM
BrandonCobraz's Avatar
BrandonCobraz BrandonCobraz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 26
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I went in there once and will probably never go back.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-18-2014, 7:42 AM
LynnJr LynnJr is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6,193
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

The short chubby guy used to own a gas station in mayette village if I remember right.
The skinny guy used to work at Montana Hawk and told me he couldn't show me an AR-50 without the boss being there. He then went on to tell another customer how that AR-50 would tear up the average shooter. I told the same customer my 90 pound wife shoots a 50 BMG and the recoil isn't that bad. The skinny guy then told the same customer ever notice all these types have 90 pound wives. So I walk out to the truck and bring the wife back in with me and show her the AR-50 on the wall.
The other customer started laughing after she said I already have one of those.
Haven't been back since.

Last edited by LynnJr; 02-17-2015 at 12:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-07-2015, 8:22 PM
C.Bronson's Avatar
C.Bronson C.Bronson is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The 707
Posts: 4,020
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Went in today, slim over priced pickings.
I don't get how they cover the rent each month?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-17-2016, 8:26 PM
Dark Cobra's Avatar
Dark Cobra Dark Cobra is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Vic Titoni (and his wife Karen) are apparently no longer a part of Schmidt & Titoni. Vic was a pretty good guy when he worked at the old Montana Hawk indoor range in Cotati. As a law enforcement officer (Corrections Dept.) he did all my off-duty qualifications.

I don't know what happened but getting out of that relationship with Schmidt was the best thing he ever did. Getting into it with him was the worst thing Vic ever did. I wish Vic well wherever he is and whatever he's now doing.
__________________
______________________________________
East of the Sun . . . and West of the Moon

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-30-2016, 9:42 PM
458 458 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: wine country
Posts: 82
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I went to this place a few months back because I was looking for a glock 10mm, and they supposedly had one, when I got there the people behind the counter were not very friendly. I asked if they had they had the 10mm, and was told yes, I asked to see it, and they told it was here in case, I asked them if they would take it out of case, I was told I could only handle the firearm if I was going to purchase it, I told them I need to touch and feel and see how it fits in my hand before buying, they said no. I noticed it was not priced I asked how much is was and the dude literally told me the price didn't matter that I could not afford it. LOL who are you to tell me what I can and can not afford.

Because of their incompetence I bought a Kimber 10mm at another local shop.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-30-2016, 9:47 PM
WartHog's Avatar
WartHog WartHog is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 2,798
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Damn, that's some World Class BS alright
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-05-2017, 9:36 PM
Bjnorthbay Bjnorthbay is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cobra View Post
Vic Titoni (and his wife Karen) are apparently no longer a part of Schmidt & Titoni. Vic was a pretty good guy when he worked at the old Montana Hawk indoor range in Cotati. As a law enforcement officer (Corrections Dept.) he did all my off-duty qualifications.

I don't know what happened but getting out of that relationship with Schmidt was the best thing he ever did. Getting into it with him was the worst thing Vic ever did. I wish Vic well wherever he is and whatever he's now doing.
He works at the Sportsmans Warehouse now. Great guy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:27 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.