Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 04-16-2012, 4:39 PM

Exclamation Upcoming Courses from Tactical Training Associates- San Jose, Ca area

Hi guys,
Tactical Training Associates would like to announce the following upcoming courses through June 2012. The detailed class descriptions, required equipment lists and pricing are available on the website at www.WestCoastTacticalTraining.com. Details for the "Defending Your Castle" class are not on the website yet, but will be soon. A brief description is below. Here are the dates and classes:

April 28th: Shotgun 1 Class
May 12: Carbine 1 Class
June 9: Pistol 1 Class
June 30: Defending Your Castle- Home Defense Course

The Defending Your Castle class will incorporate information on how to set up your home to provide the most security as well as fighting techniques to defend yourself and your family against armed intruders. This class will begin in the afternoon and run into the night and will incorporate low light shooting techniques including shooting with a flashlight. This will be a fast paced course and will also include basic room clearing, tactical movement and shooting around barricades such as corners in your home. This class will run from 1200 noon till 10 pm and will cost $200.

In order to attend the Defending Your Castle class, you must have successfully completed a Level 1 Firearms course from us or an equivalent from another reputable instructor that we can verify. You can bring whatever weapon system you wish (Pistol, Shotgun, Carbine) for Home defense, but you must have had a class in it's use prior to this course.

We have guns and gear for rent for the pistol and shotgun classes. Rental is an additional $50 for the day. This is on a first come, first served basis and we do run out.

If you are interested in any of these classes email us ASAP so that we can reserve your spot. TacticalTrainingAssociates@gmail.com

Please see our 5 Star reviews on Yelp at http://www.yelp.com/biz/tactical-tra...es-morgan-hill

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Train hard and stay safe,

Pat and Dave
"Your worst must be better than your enemy's best."

Last edited by TacticalTrainingAssoc.; 04-18-2012 at 10:08 AM..
Old 04-18-2012, 10:09 AM

Modified the Defending the Castle course to allow any weapon system that you wish to use for home defense...you must have had a Level 1 course in that system prior to the course....
Old 04-19-2012, 8:51 PM

Ttt
Old 04-22-2012, 7:26 PM
CGN Contributor

Just emailed you guys actually
Any idea when you will offer the basic handgun class again? Also, are private sessions one on ones?
Thanks!
Old 05-14-2012, 5:23 PM

Great class with you the other day Ryan! I had fun. Thanks for you business, and I hope we can train together again sometime soon.

Pat
Old 05-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Banned
CGN Contributor

Really looking forward to HDC on june 30!!! You guys are the best!!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:19 AM

These classes are great, I have attended and will go again.
Old 05-29-2012, 7:45 PM

Level 1 Tactical Pistol is SOLD OUT. There are still a couple spots left in the Defending your Castle class on June 30. We will post the schedule for the rest of the summer shortly.

Stay safe...
Old 06-27-2012, 11:45 PM

I called and left a message on your voicemail.
I am interested in taking the Defending your Castle class this weekend. I have
been looking on your website for more information on this course.
It looks like the website isn't going to be updated in time?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:15 AM

Quick Review of the Defending Your Castle-Home Defense Course.

Very few firearms courses can I walk away from and claim that they were exactly what
I wanted, even less do I feel exceed my expectations.

Well, this class was one of them. They did a profoundly excellent job of presenting the material. Right up front the instructors provide you with written excerpts of California Law covering the areas regarding; Justifiable Homicide, what constitutes "Fear", the presumption of Fear of Death and/or GBI(Great Bodily Injury), along with the section numbers 197, 198, 198.5, etc. Highlighting the major wording that you should definitely
walk away from the class knowing. (Yes, you can look this up yourself. However, having active duty officers explain the way they think about these words is what your focus should be.)

During the second part of the class the Instructors spent time setting up demonstrations of what various types of ammunition does to different building materials(e.g. sheet rock)
This was a eye opener for many, and definitely in-person confirmation for me, as to what type of projectiles do what when hitting various materials.

For me, this part of the class was worth twice the price of admission. You hear a lot of talk by people at the range of penetration in inches, stopping power, or read in gun magazine articles the different ballistics tests that are done using different firearms and different ammo. Well, I can tell you that reading and hearing about it, is NOTHING like being there and witnessing it first-hand. Those demos will stick in my mind until the end of my time on this planet. I have always been more of a carbine and handgun guy. After class I couldn't wait to get home and cradle and kiss my Remington 870, and pay more attention to it.(Girlfriend had a look of disgust on her face and a lot of eye-rolling, but I didn't care)

Lastly, the instructors put together a low-light to zero-light night shoot for us.
Very, very cool and there needs to be A LOT more of this type of class instruction.
I am a huge believer in what you are able to do tactics-wise in broad-daylight should
also be carried through into low-light and zero-light conditions. I am referring to more
body mechanics here, and methods and protocols for weapons manipulation, etc.
The instructors went over various types of flashlights as well as the more popular ways
in which to hold them while deploying your weapon in home-defense scenarios.

This was my first class with these guys and I really liked them. They made class fun, interesting, and extremely educational. It was very confidence inspiring for me to know that I was being taught by guys that are current law enforcement officers who have been there and done that. They have seen it all, or most of it, and it came through in their examples. You just can't get this kind of instruction from other instructors who
haven't experienced it first hand and lived thru it.Also, they all played off each other beautifully both in humor and in picking up in instruction where another instructor was finished with his part.

One comment on class size. The turn out was great. I think there were 20+ something students. I want to say 50/50 on males to females. Some husbands brought there wife, other ladies came with another female friend. It made for a great mix of people.

Guys, I can't wait for the low-light and zero-light shoot class you were talking about putting together.

Thanks again.

M

Last edited by momoshooter; 07-02-2012 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: spelling