Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-24-2018, 5:08 PM
billvau's Avatar
billvau billvau is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Norcal mountains
Posts: 571
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta34 View Post
Bill, you really come off as pompous and arrogant. I agree with you when you tell people to refute you Biblically. No issues there. But why not leave it at that? In your last post, you ended by telling Ramclap that he could now walk away from the post as promised, and finished with a “God Bless.” Do you really believe that is a Christ-like attitude? Aren’t you intentionally provoking him? I enjoy the the debates, but your snide comments really turn me off. Disappointing.
Sorry, to disappoint you, but as I have read this thread, every time I answer or refute biblically, he either throws church history at me and/or attacks personally. He won't let it go when he's been shown he has no biblical basis. And, then, he strangely starts making comments that he has refuted me and I'm "throwing temper tantrums" when none of that is evident in any of my posts (or in me!). When he finally said he was done with the thread, I was honestly glad. I chose to make a final post because of what he had written. To have him come back again for another attack was unexpected and not appreciated.

"God bless" is a very appropriate response in a situation like this per 1 Peter 3:8-9. 1 Peter is all about responding to persecution. 3:8-17 is Peter's summary of how and why we are to respond to those who attack us. Specifically, in 3:8-9

1 Pe3:8 To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; 9 not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing.

I check my heart attitude to ensure that I'm not giving up the fruit of the Spirit, and then, if I am able, I give a blessing, as Peter tells us to. It's not pompous or arrogant, but often a very difficult thing to do with the right heart-attitude when someone attacks you.

Please understand that I am VERY careful with my words and don't try to provoke anyone here. As I stated above, I treat those in church leadership different than others because the Bible says we should (ask Paul and Peter in Galatians 2!).

I hope that helps.
__________________
Pastor Bill

“Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God…” Martin Luther
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-24-2018, 6:20 PM
mossy's Avatar
mossy mossy is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: equestria
Posts: 6,312
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvau View Post
You haven't seen my private messages then.

EVERYONE sees the games that you play because you don't know the Bible and hold onto beliefs merely because you read only what you want to read about the Bible.

We're waiting for you to be a Christian "elder" as you claim and put together something biblically-based like Luther did. Read my footnote below.

In Christ,
__________________
best troll thread in calguns history
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Not at all. Trump is a loser and will lose amazingly on Tuesday. It's going to be so big, we are all going to be sick and tired of how much he loses on Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Nah, no sense in replying to the personal attacks/baiting.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-25-2018, 4:30 PM
illuminate10 illuminate10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: L.A. county
Posts: 996
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvau View Post
I'll be out of here, either death or pre-trib, pre-mill rapture (1 Thes. 4:13-18).

Jesus Christ. Don't leave earth without Him!

How's it going billvau,

I have an honest question concerning the book you quote above if you don't mind.
What tells you it's speaking of before what is called tribulation, and not during or after?

Thank you,

illuminate10
__________________
The first duty of a man is the seeking after and the investigation of truth.
Cicero
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-26-2018, 6:09 AM
billvau's Avatar
billvau billvau is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Norcal mountains
Posts: 571
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminate10 View Post
How's it going billvau,

I have an honest question concerning the book you quote above if you don't mind.
What tells you it's speaking of before what is called tribulation, and not during or after?

Thank you,

illuminate10
Time-constrained today with Grandpa fun planned! But, let me start with this.

1 Thess. 4:13-18, with John 14:1–3; 1 Cor. 15:51, 52, make up the biblical basis for “the Rapture” of the church. However, when other texts such as Rev. 3:10; John 14:3 are studied with the texts about Christ’s coming in judgment (Matt. 13:34–50; 24:29–44; Rev. 19:11–21) at the end of the seven year tribulation, there is a clear difference with the “Rapture” in that there is no mention of any judgment, while the other texts highlight judgment. The Rapture is pre-tribulational (before the wrath of God in Rev. 6–19).

I'll *try* to get back later as the next post will take more time. But, biblically, there are similarities, but significant differences between the Rapture and the 2nd Coming of Christ. Also, you have to remember that the "church" was a mystery in the Old Testament (Ephesians 3 and others teach us the Lord used Paul to reveal "the church" to us). So, being a mystery (biblical mystery = something not revealed in the OT, now revealed in the NT), the Rapture would not have been revealed directly in the OT since the church is what is Raptured! For the same reason (church not revealed in OT), we see why the disciples couldn't separate the 1st and 2nd coming of Christ in the gospels. They simply didn't know about the time in between.

Thanks for asking. Great question. And, if you want to really understand the whole issue, a Pastor I served under did an awesome six-part sermon series for Pastors explaining the pre-millennial position.

God bless,
Bill
__________________
Pastor Bill

“Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God…” Martin Luther
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-26-2018, 11:52 AM
TrailerparkTrash's Avatar
TrailerparkTrash TrailerparkTrash is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DPRK- Democratic People's Republic of Koreafornia
Posts: 2,418
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvau View Post
I'll be out of here, either death or pre-trib, pre-mill rapture (1 Thes. 4:13-18).

Jesus Christ. Don't leave earth without Him!
+1

Personally, I don’t ascribe to Rapture end-Times philosophy. Be it pre trib, mid trib or post trib, I just know Jesus SHALL return. That’s whats important.
__________________



-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-Trump’s SCOTUS: 2 / Dems: 0
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-26-2018, 5:16 PM
illuminate10 illuminate10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: L.A. county
Posts: 996
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvau View Post
Time-constrained today with Grandpa fun planned! But, let me start with this.

1 Thess. 4:13-18, with John 14:1–3; 1 Cor. 15:51, 52, make up the biblical basis for “the Rapture” of the church. However, when other texts such as Rev. 3:10; John 14:3 are studied with the texts about Christ’s coming in judgment (Matt. 13:34–50; 24:29–44; Rev. 19:11–21) at the end of the seven year tribulation, there is a clear difference with the “Rapture” in that there is no mention of any judgment, while the other texts highlight judgment. The Rapture is pre-tribulational (before the wrath of God in Rev. 6–19).

I'll *try* to get back later as the next post will take more time. But, biblically, there are similarities, but significant differences between the Rapture and the 2nd Coming of Christ. Also, you have to remember that the "church" was a mystery in the Old Testament (Ephesians 3 and others teach us the Lord used Paul to reveal "the church" to us). So, being a mystery (biblical mystery = something not revealed in the OT, now revealed in the NT), the Rapture would not have been revealed directly in the OT since the church is what is Raptured! For the same reason (church not revealed in OT), we see why the disciples couldn't separate the 1st and 2nd coming of Christ in the gospels. They simply didn't know about the time in between.

Thanks for asking. Great question. And, if you want to really understand the whole issue, a Pastor I served under did an awesome six-part sermon series for Pastors explaining the pre-millennial position.

God bless,
Bill
Thank you for the response and your time, I Will look into it.
Wish you a fun time with the family.
__________________
The first duty of a man is the seeking after and the investigation of truth.
Cicero
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:39 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.