Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2016, 8:10 PM

Checking in from Elk Grove. Transferred here from Oregon in 2012 leaving in 2017. Long time lurker relied heavily on the information here when making the previous move.
Old 02-28-2016, 7:54 PM

Checkin in from Elk Grove ca. New to cal guns, actually looking for information about building a ak and possibly joining a build party. Not to sure how that all works had a friend refer me to it after asking a bunch of questions about his ak
Old 02-29-2016, 1:59 AM

Checking in from Elk Grove. Just turned in my ccw application and had my interview. Waiting to hopefully get approved to go to the next step.
Old 03-01-2016, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrericksalazar View Post
Checking in from Elk Grove. Just turned in my ccw application and had my interview. Waiting to hopefully get approved to go to the next step.
Ccw process is very straightforward as long as you have a clean record. Good luck with your ccw application.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2016, 1:28 PM

Checking in from south Sacramento. Waiting for my livescan and looking for a ccw class.
Old 05-21-2016, 8:42 PM

It got quite in here

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2016, 10:11 PM

I'll jump into the fray...just moved to Davis from "eLay."

Maybe i'll finally be able to get ammo via mail unlike when i lived in the People's Republic of Lost Angeles.
Old 07-06-2016, 9:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobless View Post
I'll jump into the fray...just moved to Davis from "eLay."

Maybe i'll finally be able to get ammo via mail unlike when i lived in the People's Republic of Lost Angeles.
Not for long. Moonbeam signed into law back ground checks for ammo purchasing, that kills mail order ammo purchasing.

sent from my bag phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
More what? More crazy?
You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.
Old 04-27-2017, 2:57 PM

Default dsellers63

Roseville
Old 05-29-2017, 1:00 PM

Default Roseville Area

Hey guys, just checking in from the Roseville Area. I've visited the site often.. there are a lot of very helpful and people on here... look forward to becoming more involved as I continue to build my first AR 15.

I'm prior military with no special training. It's so different, and enjoyable to do this build... I have obviously put thousands of rounds down range, field stripped, cleaned, zeroed, etc....but to learn the inner workings of the AR is a lot of fun, and important at better understanding the rifle.

Anyways, it's not done yet..but here's what I have so far...

- The lower is made by a buddy (his own company) that makes them primarily for LEO and Military.

- Anderson Lower Parts Kit

- Buffer Assembly and Magpul ACS stock

Next, I'm wanting to pick up a BCM upper...and eventually a 13" BCM KMR Handguard

The parts I haven't decided on yet though are the BCG and 16" Barrel...

I'm going to lock the stock (without drilling holes)...a flash hider would be my last option after #1 muzzle brake, and #2 compensator...I don't need a foregrip.... and ill be changing out my current pistol grip situation for something acceptable...
Old 05-29-2017, 2:41 PM

Elk Grove
Old 07-14-2017, 5:28 PM

Checking in from Lincoln.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:40 PM

Default Checking in from Elk Grove

Hello everyone! I live in Elk Grove and have for a short time. I was in SoCal for many years in the military. I feel that I am a decent shooter but new to the deep concepts of guns if that makes sense. I love combat shooting and I have taken many law enforcement and military shooting classes over the years. I am now looking to get started in competitive shooting. Specifically, Id like to get going in 3 Gun but im looking at other options as well. I am also starting to amass the great deal of gear needed to reload so that will be another venture for me.

I can volunteer my time at events or shooting comps in the greater Sacramento area. I can also teach basic pistol and rifle fundamentals.
Old 10-09-2017, 9:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Please check in here with your screen name and city
"butlers" checking in from Elk Grove.

Quote:
as well as any special talents or interests/hobbies you may be willing to lend to your chapter.
None, I'm afraid. I have some military service (USMCR: 2005-2009; USMC: 2009-2013; USMCR: 2013-Present), but in a decidely unsexy position/MOS. Once upon a time I went to law school, but I never practiced.

I do like teaching new shooters -- especially introducing my liberal/progressive friends to firearms -- but with young kids at home, I'm afraid my time is limited, these days.
"The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards." Lt Gen Sir William Butler, GCB

Selling:
- WTS $465 Long Gun (Featureless PSA/Aero AR-15)
- WTS $25-$200 Parts & Accessories (Bushnell Elite Tactical 10x 40mm, Crimson Trace CMR-208 Weaponlight, Magpul MBUS)
Old 12-15-2017, 7:24 PM

Sacramento
Old 01-01-2018, 3:31 PM

Rancho cordova here. Looking at becoming more active and involved in defending our constitutional rights through education and outreach to our local communities this year. Or: talking with others at places other than gun shows.
At a gun show you are preaching to the choir. You need to hit other areas.
Old 01-04-2018, 4:01 AM

Default Howdy

Sacramento, Rancho Cordova, and in the high sierra.

Hi Calguns!
Old 01-26-2018, 11:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Greetings Sacramento Chapter!
Got CCW a couple months before the assembly bill 707 was passed to end the exemption to carry on school properties. Have kids at El Camino High and learned of CRPA when I read the bill and who opposed it. Was already a member of the NRA, so got a 5 year membership for the whole family.

Torn between wanting out of my beloved birth state and battling the commie legislature. It’s pretty depressing when you consider the major influencers here - Hollywood, colleges, 9th circuit and news media all allied against our second amendment. I’ll dig around to see if there are meetings and who may be leading the fight. When you consider the Japanese emperor decided against the invasion of our country because he believed there was “a gun behind every blade of grass” the lefties are making a big hole for future invaders. All that blue coastline is rapidly becoming a “gun free” zone. We all know what happens there.
“If you are this terrified of your own government...then you’ve got bigger problems than just losing your guns, we all do...you’ve just described a communist regime, not the United States of America.” Skip Coryell, replying to a friend refusing to join the NRA because that friend didn’t want to end up on a government watch list, have the government know he owned guns and have them confiscated. Blood in The Streets
http://membership.nra.org/Join/Annuals
Old 03-03-2018, 3:56 PM

916Vet from Orangevale. Prior Military - Gulf War Vet & prior LEO. Originally from Illinois, but have lived in CA for the past 20 years. Use to hunt a lot in the mid west, but now I mostly hunt ferocious paper targets.
Old 03-25-2018, 1:49 AM

40marknascar - Collect and shoot (mostly Rugers and lever actions) El Dorado cnty. Placerville vicinity
Old 04-13-2018, 10:35 AM

Hello, I moved up to Roseville from Southern OC area. Looking forward to getting out and shooting and keeping my shooting skills sharp. I don't really like indoor ranges due to their rules that teach shooting techniques that are counter to proper self defense, seems that the outdoor ranges up here follow the same dis-service. I miss being able to go out to BLM land and hope to find some areas up here that I can tune my skills and enjoy the company of those that enjoy shooting.
Old 04-16-2018, 7:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Checking in from Rancho Cordova. Moved up here about 5 months ago.
Old 09-30-2018, 5:25 PM

Pocket/Greenhaven here. Getting back in to shooting regularly. Been a while. Waiting on a Rem 700. I get to pick it up on Tuesday.

So I bought the 700 used at River City Gun Exchange. It has a big Leupold Scope on it (don't know the details on it yet) but I got word today from Remington that confirmed my guess. It's a 5R milspec with the 24" 5R rifled heavy stainless barrel with 1:11.2 twist. She was born in 2002. I pick her up tomorrow!

Last edited by M1A Fan; 10-01-2018 at 7:16 PM..
Old 10-04-2018, 8:44 AM

Here in downtown Sacramento