Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDC54 View Post
You mean wouldn't right ?
Opps; fixed..lol.

Before mods, and other goodies...
Old 01-16-2012, 11:15 AM

Yah we don't need higher prices on anything else.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:49 AM

If in-store pickup was too much too soon I would settle for the site simply showing what is in stock and in which store. It would be great, the small risk that it gets sold by the time I head over wouldn't be an issue.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:52 AM

I'm down for that. Gas ain't cheap and even when you call half the time they can't find exactly what I'm looking for.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Yah we don't need higher prices on anything else.
Agreed; the online sales thing has the potential to boost sales, which, in turn, may actually help lower margins on a few items…Well, we can hope, can’t we?

Old 01-16-2012, 1:32 PM

Probably a 100k from the CalGunners alone
Old 01-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Why doesn't anyone (including Turners) offer discounts for veterans? ....
They can't give everyone who made it out of basic training a discount! The line has to be drawn somewhere. There are those who also push it.

I never ask for a discount anywhere but if they see my Army ID in my wallet some folks offer a discount and I feel kinda honored and embarrassed. And I can assure you not many of us who are eligible scream for a discount. I don't pull anyone's chain or demand attention or praises or anything, I just have a job and do it. Now if they had a huge sign saying to claim my discount, fine. But nothing less will get me to ask. I'm kind of embarrassed by your post and cry for attention actually.

Today I saw a woman demanding a discount because she has a freakin' guard card! And no doubt the salesmen hear war stories from folks who served for six months before being chaptered out.

By the way Knott's gives all vets free admission in November, check it out.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Why doesn't anyone (including Turners) offer discounts for veterans? I served my country proudly and honorably, having been deployed to combat zones multiple times, and now when the service members are out its as if the time they had served is done and forgotten. A military discount should extend to those having served in the military and did so honorably. I will always carry myself to a higher standard because I am a veteran, and it just disappoints me that society is so quick to deny a measly 10% discount because I am not currently "active duty." It is B.S.! Especially for a generation who if you have been in the military in the last ten years there is a great possibility that you served our country in a combat zone. I don't see how anyone can justifiably deny a combat vet a 10% discount, but every time I buy something from Turners I get denied because it is "Company Policy." Please explain and justify this "policy."
It is great that you chose to go and serve the country but to "demand" a discount because of it? that just sounds like a baby crying for attention.

You stated yourself that you carry yourself to a higher standard than average citizens, and you can proudly say you are of the few that can call themselves veterans, what more do you really want? Veterans have 2 national holidays, many other businesses offer discounts if not free items to veterans, how much more do you want? And where do you draw the line? Do you also demand discounts at the grocery market, car dealership, electronics store, etc too? What makes a gun store that much more important to give a discount than every other business out there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 01-20-2012, 5:47 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
They can't give everyone who made it out of basic training a discount! The line has to be drawn somewhere. There are those who also push it.

I never ask for a discount anywhere but if they see my Army ID in my wallet some folks offer a discount and I feel kinda honored and embarrassed. And I can assure you not many of us who are eligible scream for a discount. I don't pull anyone's chain or demand attention or praises or anything, I just have a job and do it. Now if they had a huge sign saying to claim my discount, fine. But nothing less will get me to ask. I'm kind of embarrassed by your post and cry for attention actually.

Today I saw a woman demanding a discount because she has a freakin' guard card! And no doubt the salesmen hear war stories from folks who served for six months before being chaptered out.

By the way Knott's gives all vets free admission in November, check it out.
Respectable, honorable and commendable!!! Great post, you deserve a discount for that post alone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 01-20-2012, 9:42 AM

winnre, Scratch705, and LBDamned

I actually was infuriated at the DEMAND of a discount (which is always optional from retailers!). I didn't want this tarnishing our image that we have worked so hard to make, and it makes you really wonder why some folks join.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mltcjl76 View Post
Like others have posted, layaway is the reason I have been able to buy several guns from Turners. Bringing it back to 90 or even 120 days would make a big difference in my purchasing habits.

I don't understand why I have seen a lot of sales staff knock certain brands and then say the higher priced competitor is better. I research just about every detail you can on a purchase. The items I finally buy are based on quality of the product and manufacturers response to my pre-sales questions. I have not purchased a SGL-21 from Arsenal Inc. because they have not responded to emails or phone calls. I own Accurate reels and LMT rifles because they understand what it takes to be a leader in their field. Yet, when I have asked about Accurate reels with your staff, they were supposedly pulled from your stores because they "suck." My guess is that the true story is related to past financial issues with previous owners.

My final comment is with the inconsistency of how guns are delivered. In my case, I have been around guns for about 20 years so, I am familiar with what I am buying and can speak the language. I have seen with most customers when picking up, the sales person goes through the entire weapon in detail with the customer. In my case it is typically serial number check and final paperwork see ya later. The sales staff should never assume that the buyer knows what they are doing. I had no clue what I was doing with my M1A when I purchased it.
We appreciate your feedback; we'll pass this along to our sales/mgmt director but we agree with regards to knocking one brand vs. another or assuming how much a customer knows or doesn't know.

As for layaway, demand continues to be very high for most guns. We find it very hard to set aside a gun with a 30% deposit for months when we have folks ready to buy now and not enough guns available for both. Some folks have asked us to simply just "buy more guns" but that is an issue in itself with regards to current demand, and overall inventory position.

22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!

Last edited by Turner's Outdoorsman; 01-20-2012 at 10:37 AM..
Old 01-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbowhunter View Post
I DROS'd a handgun at the San Berdoo store on Dec 28th. Picked it up on Jan 7th. I have another handgun on layaway at the San Berdoo store. When can I start the DROS on it? Is it 30 days after I initiate the previous DROS or is it 30 days after I pick the previous gun up?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
12072(a)(9)(A) No person shall make an application to purchase more than one pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person within any 30-day period.
Socalbowhunter, Jack has this right but the wording in the law makes it sound screwy.

Maybe the easier way to say it is that you can buy as many guns as you want from us (... of course ) but you may only DROS one, each 30 days. Essentially, then (PPT's & Consignments, excepted) you will can only receive one handgun each 30 days.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNunez23 View Post
Hello,

Doe's Turners carry RIA 1911's? Or can you possibly order one in the store? Thanks for your time.
Yes, we carry a few different models. Contact the store nearest you for specific pricing and current stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbowhunter View Post
Decent entry level 1911.
Yep, we sell quite a few and for the money, it's a decent way to get into your first 1911, while for others it's a second 1911 to play around with project wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNunez23 View Post
More or less what I'm looking for. As this would be my first 1911. I won't argue price and quality as I'm not comparing apples to apples with the bigger names. But decent entry I take from all I have read. Thanks for your input.
You'll enjoy it; we see a few folks who even keep them after they've purchased a 2nd, more expensive 1911 because they simply reliable.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
We appreciate your feedback; we'll pass this along to our sales/mgmt director but we agree with regards to knocking one brand vs. another or assuming how much a customer knows or doesn't know.

As for layaway, demand continues to be very high for most guns. We find it very hard to set aside a gun with a 30% deposit for months when we have folks ready to buy now and not enough guns available for both. Some folks have asked us to simply just "buy more guns" but that is an issue in itself with regards to current demand, and overall inventory position.

That's understandable, I see more and more folks at the counters these days and I've heard that more women are purchasing more than ever so it add to the demand a bit.

A 45 day plan could be a bit more beneficial as well (vs 90 day, which seems excessive); the store wouldn't have to wait as long to for payment and those who are not comfortable drop x amount at one time, would feel more making certain purchases, but I guess that same could be argued with the 30 day plan...meh.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaderdave View Post
I have a simple question....
I'm a gun guy but a real good friend of mine is a fisherman. He told me that he does not go to Turners for any fishing gear because no one will help him when he has questions on fishing gear, that all the attention in the store, whatever store he is in has all the attention centered on the firearms side of the store. He said he would never shop for fishing supplies at Turners because no one seems to care about the fishing supplies and no one will offer any assistance.
Any feedback on this?
Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaderdave View Post
I agree, but he told me that no one would help him even if he knew what
he wanted to purchase, and had it in his hand. Basically what he was
saying was he was not getting any sales assistance in the fishing dept
at all. He would give Turners his business, but as he told me, no one seems
to care. So he goes to Longfin in Orange to make his purchases.
Some of our stores have had more issues with this than others but its does need to be addressed. While business has been crazy on the gun side, Southern California just experienced its 5th consecutive poor saltwater season resulting in a drop in our fishing business. That turndown pushed a few more fishing-only shops out of business this year. But that said, we don't need to make things worse by pushing folks away.

We intend to continue our commitment to fishing but we'll have to work hard to balance our store staffing so that you can get taken care of in fishing or hunting equally well.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post

For fishing, Bloodydecks and other forums are a far better source of information than the kid working the counter at Big-5 or Turner's.

We'd bet that most of our "kids" -say the 21 to 45yr olds- get more time on the water than most folks and more than a lot of people spending times on the fishing forums.

We definitely have a ways to go in all of areas we need to improve on but we have quite a few extremely active anglers throughout the chain.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/s...133-p-432.html

Saiga. This is the specific one I am talking about with 20" barrel. I believe people use this model to convert the Saiga into the Saiganov. You can find the 16" barrel in most places but no one carries the 20" model. I've been looking online for the past week and cannot find one.

I think it will be to Turner's benefit to carry this model just because it's so rare. It'll be like having an exclusive.

Ok, we'll take a look.
Thanks.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Why no online store ?
We plan on getting that done a few months down the road after our new system finally gets implemented.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-20-2012, 1:21 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknlyps2 View Post
Why is there no powder for sale at the San Marcos Store????
We're working on that right now.
PM sent.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-20-2012, 1:22 PM

Do you guys sell the Marlin M60SS ? If so what is the price on it ?
Old 01-20-2012, 1:24 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Do you guys sell the Marlin M60SS ? If so what is the price on it ?
We can get anything from Marlin. As always, please contact the nearest Turner's store for up-to-date pricing and availability.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-20-2012, 1:26 PM

Thank you much
Old 01-20-2012, 1:27 PM
Calguns Addict

I cannot pay full price after seeing these weekly sales. I see a gun selling for $1299 but know it will be $1199 when the sale hits and even $1149 once in a while. I know what goes on sale and wait for it.

Are these sales picked arbitrarily or do you get a manufacturer special of sorts? As much as I want this or that I know all too well that a sale WILL come down the pike. Hence I do not buy.

I am a regular at the San Berdoo store, they all know me well. Maybe I'm just hoping the manager can give me the last sale price or tell me the next sale they know about. No reason it should be a corporate secret, especially when ou know I am going to buy.
Old 01-20-2012, 2:46 PM

Quote:
I cannot pay full price after seeing these weekly sales. I see a gun selling for $1299 but know it will be $1199 when the sale hits and even $1149 once in a while. I know what goes on sale and wait for it.

Are these sales picked arbitrarily or do you get a manufacturer special of sorts? As much as I want this or that I know all too well that a sale WILL come down the pike. Hence I do not buy.

I am a regular at the San Berdoo store, they all know me well. Maybe I'm just hoping the manager can give me the last sale price or tell me the next sale they know about. No reason it should be a corporate secret, especially when ou know I am going to buy.
I agree; I'm a regular at the Norwalk store, and was offered the FN assembled by Palm for $999.99, however, I'm glad I didn't get it, because it was $899.99 in this weeks ad..I would have been kind of upset if it went through.

I just try to do as much hw on the product as I can and wait it out till it drops to what I think is reasonable for me.

Old 01-21-2012, 5:39 AM

Default KSG post SHOT update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
We hope to get an update from them directly when we meet at SHOT, the week after next.
Did they have any good news?
Old 01-21-2012, 6:08 AM

Default color question

Is the tactical tomahawk in this weeks add available in pink?
Old 01-21-2012, 1:32 PM
Veteran Member

Why are all the Turner's stores so far south? You guys would probably make a killing if you opened a shop in Ventura or even Bakersfield or Paso Robles.

You guys have some very good deals weekly, but it's not worth it to drive four hours or so and then pay for gas.

It makes sense to me, but I am not sure what strategy goes on in the mind of the Turner's business think tank.

Last edited by Emdawg; 01-21-2012 at 1:37 PM..
Old 01-21-2012, 1:46 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

^^^ not to speak for Turner's - but they are implementing e-commerce (web store) soon

... that hits the mark not only in Central and Northern Cal, but nationwide... economically more favorable (from a business aspect) than opening more brick & mortar ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 01-21-2012, 3:32 PM

How about an ammo express lane I waited 30 minutes for my number to be called it was number 2 it took 30 min to go from 94 to 97 all the sales guys were busy so I gave some guy my number and went a sporting good store around the corner I can't ever get in and out of your store in under 40 minutes
Old 01-21-2012, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam11 View Post
How about an ammo express lane I waited 30 minutes for my number to be called it was number 2 it took 30 min to go from 94 to 97 all the sales guys were busy so I gave some guy my number and went a sporting good store around the corner I can't ever get in and out of your store in under 40 minutes
+1, good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Bay Basser View Post
...I'm safe and they smell like snuggle bear now.
Old 01-21-2012, 9:32 PM

im looking to get the Weathrby PA-459S model shotgun....do you have a price and availability?? and could you ship to my FFL? thank you for your time.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Why View Post
Any word on availability of CZ 75B in 9mm?
My friend put a deposit on one last week and is waiting to hear if they tracked one down so she can start the DROS.
Thanks.
CZ let us know at the show, that they were going to do a much better job of shipping product to us this year, but we are still looking at a back up of a few weeks for our current outstanding orders.

PM sent.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:11 AM

Are you having any deals on glock 26 gen 4's?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Are these sales picked arbitrarily or do you get a manufacturer special of sorts? As much as I want this or that I know all too well that a sale WILL come down the pike....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
I agree; I'm a regular at the Norwalk store, and was offered the FN assembled by Palm for $999.99, however, I'm glad I didn't get it, because it was $899.99 in this weeks ad..I would have been kind of upset if it went through.

I just try to do as much hw on the product as I can and wait it out till it drops to what I think is reasonable for me.
Items can go on sale for any number of reasons- special buy, time of year, just because, etc., but keep in mind that we will price protect you in most cases- unless otherwise noted in some types of ads- for a reasonable period of time. So if you buy something and it goes on sale within, say 30 days, we'll cover you on the lower price.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!

Last edited by Turner's Outdoorsman; 01-23-2012 at 11:14 AM..
Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowegian View Post
Did they have any good news?
Yes- sorry we updated this elsewhere and didn't double up here.

KSG's are on the way but it will be more like a trickle at first. We'll be getting a handful or so in the next week or so and than we'll be getting a few more additional guns on subsequent shipments but those shipments are scheduled for every 10 to 15 days until we are caught up.

And YES, we will start taking deposits again.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Register View Post
Is the tactical tomahawk in this weeks add available in pink?
Black only.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emdawg View Post
Why are all the Turner's stores so far south? You guys would probably make a killing if you opened a shop in Ventura or even Bakersfield or Paso Robles.

You guys have some very good deals weekly, but it's not worth it to drive four hours or so and then pay for gas.

It makes sense to me, but I am not sure what strategy goes on in the mind of the Turner's business think tank.
We are looking at two or three different areas for expansion during this year plus we plan to be online by midyear. And yes, a store north of LA is a possibility along with stores in our current operations area.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam11 View Post
We'll get this solved. Our guys can easily get ammo to you while customers are filling out 4473 paperwork.

PM us with details and we'll address that.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhabit90 View Post
im looking to get the Weathrby PA-459S model shotgun....do you have a price and availability?? and could you ship to my FFL? thank you for your time.
PM sent.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphouse View Post
Are you having any deals on glock 26 gen 4's?
We are not doing single-shot Gen 4's, but if you're LEO we could order for you.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!