Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Blades, Bows and Tools
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Blades, Bows and Tools Discussion of non-firearm weapons and camping/survival tools.

Old 12-23-2017, 3:27 PM
Veteran Member

Default YouTube Channel.

Not sure if I need to be a Vendor for this sort of thing, if so, I throw myself on the mercy of the Mods and beg forgiveness.

I launched my first YouTube Channel, Peregrine Outdoors this morning, and my first video is an unboxing video of the Kizer Cutlery Pinkerton Little River Bowie I picked up from from Blade HQ earlier this week.

Would love to hear some constructive criticism of my first video from the knife folk here on CGN. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

"Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorris7556 View Post
They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.
Old 12-23-2017, 8:06 PM

You covered all the pertinent info but vid is a bit to long. I don't know how many people are interested in unboxing videos since I myself am not a huge fan of them. I'd like seeing performance reviews more so than unboxing since I can look at them before I buy the knife what they already look like.

Your voice is clear and carries well over video so if you have useful info to share post them up. Good luck
Old 12-23-2017, 8:14 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I don’t watch much YouTube but some times i like to refer to unboxing vids to see what I get in the box.

You should do a quick unboxing and show what’s in the box then do a review on it and keep it shorter. People don’t have much of an attention span

Last edited by NPFreedom; 12-23-2017 at 8:16 PM..
Old 12-24-2017, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the input. I too thought it was a little long winded but as a person, I tend to be long winded too. Haha.

There will be a use review for this knife up soon. Thanks again.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:50 PM

I have never been able to figure out why unboxing videos even exist. I think they are dumb. But you added enough talk about the knife to make it worth the watch. I think you need to work on your framing to keep the knife centered. Several times it dissipated off the top of the screen. It may help to make a script prior to the filming so you can save time and eliminate some rambling while you try to remember what you want to talk about.

For a first video it was pretty good. I have never had a Kaiser knife but I have seen them on a huge discount site I belong to. I like that bowie.

Overall you did a good job. You will polish it up as you make more videos.
Old 12-25-2017, 7:47 PM

Make as many YouTube videos as you can, if one person doesn't like it , there's always 50 that will
Old 12-26-2017, 8:46 PM

i really love the videos done by mike at MCQBushcraft, his speech and delivery in all his videos are spot on and sharp.

if you do a knife review we would love to know about initial sharpness, did you have to make it sharper, edge durability/retention, ergo after prolonged use, and what purpose was that knife made for that made you want to buy it.

good luck and keep us updated.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member

Dig the design, but isn't this one made in China?
Old 12-29-2017, 9:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrice6 View Post
Dig the design, but isn't this one made in China?
Correct. Kizer's production is all China- based. However, they are supposed to be "better than some" because they use US and Japanese materials. Time will tell.

"Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Old 12-29-2017, 9:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamalpias View Post
i really love the videos done by mike at MCQBushcraft, his speech and delivery in all his videos are spot on and sharp.
I like Mike's work too, and I subscribe to his channel. He has a very nice microphone and a British accent. Neither of which I have access to just yet. Haha.

Quote: