Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 05-22-2018, 9:25 PM
supermario's Avatar
supermario supermario is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles (Eagle Rock)
Posts: 4,311
iTrader: 164 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmk20398 View Post
Don't limit 9mm distance or accuracy,
My CZ75TS is worth to shoot 100 yards half ram steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B594tgk7r9o&t=362

Not "all" modern 9mm, but some accurate guns (less than 1.5"/25 grouping) are worth to try and practice at 100 yards.
shooting 2.5"/25 guns for 6"x12" steel @100 yards is playing lottery (cannot figure Gun or Shooter), so people should have as accurate gun as possible

Shooting at 100yards is the shooter. Myself and my buddy can hit steel at 100yds with Glock 19s, I hit still at 100yds with a Jframe revolver (only once), my son in law can hit still at 100yrds with my HK45. We have lil friendly competitions and we can hit small plates at 100yds.
I think accuracy is about 90% shooter and 10% gun. Just my opinion.

I think op wants to buy the gun that is said to be most accurate, regardless of the price. But hes probably better off just buying any of the brands listed in 9mm and take some shooting classes to learn how to shoot well.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 05-23-2018, 9:10 AM
Bungi Bungi is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,480
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Would love to get a CZ TS someday.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 05-23-2018, 11:41 AM
BroncoMustang BroncoMustang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 212
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungi View Post
Would love to get a CZ TS someday.
Me , too. As you can see from many of the above responses, they are well liked.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 05-24-2018, 6:58 AM
89LT1's Avatar
89LT1 89LT1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 390
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmk20398 View Post
CZ75 Tactical Sport (buy 91172 without mag, buy 10rd mag, register as 01172 CA. ask your LGS)
Never heard of anyone doing this before. Have you worked with a specific LGS? or have a thread about this?
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 05-24-2018, 7:07 AM
Cypriss32's Avatar
Cypriss32 Cypriss32 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Farm Land........
Posts: 6,377
iTrader: 191 / 100%
Default

Isnít there a Sig P210 on the roster?
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 05-24-2018, 7:17 AM
tbc's Avatar
tbc tbc is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Irvine
Posts: 5,061
iTrader: 75 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypriss32 View Post
Isnít there a Sig P210 on the roster?


I wish.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 05-24-2018, 7:27 AM
damngato's Avatar
damngato damngato is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Dimas
Posts: 2,935
iTrader: 96 / 100%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
CZ Tactical Sport
What he said
__________________
http://www.shop42a.com/

WTB:
Any CZ
Sig in 10mm or 357 Sig
Browning Hi-Power
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 05-24-2018, 7:37 AM
BamBam-31's Avatar
BamBam-31 BamBam-31 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,190
iTrader: 49 / 100%
Default

Finding a specific load for the pistol in question is also very important, especially if you're looking for extreme precision. My CZ Shadow, for instance, doesn't like the loads I feed my X5 and G17. IIRC, CZ's need a shorter COAL.
__________________
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic5385_3.gif
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 05-24-2018, 8:14 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 12,508
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

My 9mm Browning is very accurate but I still bought a 1911. You can't have just one.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 05-24-2018, 9:41 AM
Tehjosheh's Avatar
Tehjosheh Tehjosheh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 711
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

CZ Tactical Sport is my vote for the most accurate out of the box.

It is a competition gun with a ~2 lb trigger!

That being said, I would NOT use this for home defense. The trigger is too light IMO for home defense and in that scenario I'd much rather choose my P226 or a 1911 with a proven reliable track record.

Just keep in mind what your purpose is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 05-24-2018, 10:24 AM
bmk20398 bmk20398 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: LA
Posts: 742
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89LT1 View Post
Never heard of anyone doing this before. Have you worked with a specific LGS? or have a thread about this?
If you are in SoCal, at least I know RifleGear or 2A zone can do this (No-Mag sales / DROS with your own mag).
I did SP-01 no mag + Mec-Gar 10 round mag, CZ75TS 40SW + GunMagwarehouse 10 round mag.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 05-24-2018, 10:29 AM
Den60's Avatar
Den60 Den60 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 776
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The gun will be more accurate than the user.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 05-24-2018, 10:36 AM
BroncoMustang BroncoMustang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 212
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmk20398 View Post
If you are in SoCal, at least I know RifleGear or 2A zone can do this (No-Mag sales / DROS with your own mag).
I did SP-01 no mag + Mec-Gar 10 round mag, CZ75TS 40SW + GunMagwarehouse 10 round mag.
What city are they located in? Might be worth the drive 9depending on how far away it is).
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 05-24-2018, 11:01 AM
bmk20398 bmk20398 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: LA
Posts: 742
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMustang View Post
What city are they located in? Might be worth the drive 9depending on how far away it is).
Riflegear.com
Fountain Valley, Orange County, 2-3 min from 405
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 05-24-2018, 11:15 AM
Mayor McRifle's Avatar
Mayor McRifle Mayor McRifle is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 5,701
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den60 View Post
The gun will be more accurate than the user.
A Smart car is faster than me, but I still would never buy one.
__________________
Anchors Aweigh

Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 05-24-2018, 12:19 PM
89LT1's Avatar
89LT1 89LT1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 390
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmk20398 View Post
If you are in SoCal, at least I know RifleGear or 2A zone can do this (No-Mag sales / DROS with your own mag).
I did SP-01 no mag + Mec-Gar 10 round mag, CZ75TS 40SW + GunMagwarehouse 10 round mag.
Awesome! i know that 2A zone has changed hands ill see if they are willing to do this also.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 05-24-2018, 1:08 PM
bruss01's Avatar
bruss01 bruss01 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,503
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMustang View Post
Hi guys,
I have been thinking of selling my 1911 and then taking the money I get from that to buy a very accurate 9mm handgun, but before doing so I wanted to get others opinions on what they think would be the most accurate 9mm handgun. I would prefer to get one with a 5 inch barrel, thinking that the longer it is, the more accurate it will be, but am not married to the idea that it must be 5 inches long (provided it is very accurate). What are your thoughts, or what has your experience taught you, that I can learn from?
Couple of questions.

Is this for Olympic-level target competition?

The majority of the handguns sold in this state, fired from a ransom rest (holding jig, no human touching it) will be very similar in accuracy. In other words, "the gun is more accurate than you are" unless you are one of a very elite group of shooters for whom a highly accurate pistol barrel would be at all advantageous.

Semi-autos must have some "jiggle room" for parts to move around. That room, which is necessary for them to cycle reliably, also allows the barrel and frame to sit slightly differently for each shot.

So I am assuming you are talking about single-shot target grade pistols or about a top tier revolver.

A long barrel does not make a firearm more accurate. A stiff barrel, with very little flex, makes a firearm more accurate. This can mean extra heavy barrel, or very short barrel compared to length (less length along which to flex under the cartridge detonation). A short barreled firearm with a very snug chamber, barrel mounted solidly to the frame, and high quality optic of some sort also mounted directly to the frame, would be more accurate than a long-barreled semi-auto with iron sights.

Again, both of those would be more accurate than the majority of shooters are capable of realizing any meaningful benefit from.

If we are talking not about a gun that is, in-and-of-itself, "more accurate" and rather a gun that shoots accurately for YOU, then that is largely going to depend on grip/hand size, how well you master recoil, and how good your eyes & aim are. In terms of barrel length, that alone won't make a firearm more accurate... but a gun with iron sights that has a larger distance between front and rear sight, might make YOU more accurate with that gun.

You should probably clarify which kind of "accuracy" you are looking for, before the discussion can make much meaningful headway here.
__________________
The one thing worse than defeat is surrender.

Last edited by bruss01; 05-24-2018 at 1:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 05-24-2018, 1:16 PM
boo2112 boo2112 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 554
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

^^^ Excellent post.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 05-24-2018, 2:20 PM
Woodworker2's Avatar
Woodworker2 Woodworker2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Escaped to Las Vegas
Posts: 398
iTrader: 74 / 100%
Default

If you are looking for accuracy, I suggest you start by shooting, a lot. If you can make time to shoot every week, your shot pattern will tighten in short order.

I have "several" pistols to choose from, but I find that my usual choice is either a Les Baer Premier II .45 (1 1/2" at 50 yards guarantee), a CZ Tactical Sport (in either 9 mm or 40 S&W), and either a Glock 34 or 35 (even better are the 17L, a 24, or even a 41).

A few comments on CZ 75 TS:
1. The trigger is WONDERFUL straight out of the box. Guess about 2 lb pull. If you can find wonder at a dealer, try pulling the trigger with your eyes closed.
2. The corners of the rear sight are a bit sharp; rounding the corners with a stone or replacing the sight would help.
3. There is some aftermarket support, to finding better parts is not very hard.

Comments on Glock:
1. OK trigger, that is easily replaced or improved.
2. Probably already comes with an extended slide release.
3. There are all sorts of aftermarket parts available.

Comments on Les Baer.
1. If I had to sell all of my 1911s, and keep only one, I would choose the Les Baer.
2. My first clover leaf was with the Les Baer; nearly two shots through the same hole!
3. Even after 2,000 rounds, this gun is still very tight.

Another Brand to look into, in the Used Marketplace, are the EAA or Tanfoglio line of pistols.
1. The factory has caliber conversion kits. It takes under a minute to convert to .22lr, 9x19 mm, 38 super, 9x21 mm, 40 S&W, 10 MM, .41 AE, .45 ACP, and a few others.
2. Factory and aftermarket support is very good.
3. The Tanfoglio Xtreme line of pistols comes from the factory with a trigger job and custom parts. (My daughter's favorite is a 9 mm long slide (6"), it is hard to get my pistol back from being "borrowed".
__________________
Same boy, better toys

Last edited by Woodworker2; 05-24-2018 at 2:33 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 05-24-2018, 5:36 PM
45R 45R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,037
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Glock 17L
__________________
Pistol-Training.com
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 05-24-2018, 6:07 PM
BroncoMustang BroncoMustang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 212
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
Couple of questions.

Is this for Olympic-level target competition?

The majority of the handguns sold in this state, fired from a ransom rest (holding jig, no human touching it) will be very similar in accuracy. In other words, "the gun is more accurate than you are" unless you are one of a very elite group of shooters for whom a highly accurate pistol barrel would be at all advantageous.

Semi-autos must have some "jiggle room" for parts to move around. That room, which is necessary for them to cycle reliably, also allows the barrel and frame to sit slightly differently for each shot.

So I am assuming you are talking about single-shot target grade pistols or about a top tier revolver.

A long barrel does not make a firearm more accurate. A stiff barrel, with very little flex, makes a firearm more accurate. This can mean extra heavy barrel, or very short barrel compared to length (less length along which to flex under the cartridge detonation). A short barreled firearm with a very snug chamber, barrel mounted solidly to the frame, and high quality optic of some sort also mounted directly to the frame, would be more accurate than a long-barreled semi-auto with iron sights.

Again, both of those would be more accurate than the majority of shooters are capable of realizing any meaningful benefit from.

If we are talking not about a gun that is, in-and-of-itself, "more accurate" and rather a gun that shoots accurately for YOU, then that is largely going to depend on grip/hand size, how well you master recoil, and how good your eyes & aim are. In terms of barrel length, that alone won't make a firearm more accurate... but a gun with iron sights that has a larger distance between front and rear sight, might make YOU more accurate with that gun.

You should probably clarify which kind of "accuracy" you are looking for, before the discussion can make much meaningful headway here.
Thanks for all of the information; I appreciate it. I am mostly wanting to obtain accurate handguns so I can give one to each kid later (probably when I am not around anymore). Right now I do occasional shooting at a range for fun, and our kids will probably do the same.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 05-24-2018, 6:09 PM
BroncoMustang BroncoMustang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 212
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker2 View Post
If you are looking for accuracy, I suggest you start by shooting, a lot. If you can make time to shoot every week, your shot pattern will tighten in short order.

I have "several" pistols to choose from, but I find that my usual choice is either a Les Baer Premier II .45 (1 1/2" at 50 yards guarantee), a CZ Tactical Sport (in either 9 mm or 40 S&W), and either a Glock 34 or 35 (even better are the 17L, a 24, or even a 41).

A few comments on CZ 75 TS:
1. The trigger is WONDERFUL straight out of the box. Guess about 2 lb pull. If you can find wonder at a dealer, try pulling the trigger with your eyes closed.
2. The corners of the rear sight are a bit sharp; rounding the corners with a stone or replacing the sight would help.
3. There is some aftermarket support, to finding better parts is not very hard.

Comments on Glock:
1. OK trigger, that is easily replaced or improved.
2. Probably already comes with an extended slide release.
3. There are all sorts of aftermarket parts available.

Comments on Les Baer.
1. If I had to sell all of my 1911s, and keep only one, I would choose the Les Baer.
2. My first clover leaf was with the Les Baer; nearly two shots through the same hole!
3. Even after 2,000 rounds, this gun is still very tight.

Another Brand to look into, in the Used Marketplace, are the EAA or Tanfoglio line of pistols.
1. The factory has caliber conversion kits. It takes under a minute to convert to .22lr, 9x19 mm, 38 super, 9x21 mm, 40 S&W, 10 MM, .41 AE, .45 ACP, and a few others.
2. Factory and aftermarket support is very good.
3. The Tanfoglio Xtreme line of pistols comes from the factory with a trigger job and custom parts. (My daughter's favorite is a 9 mm long slide (6"), it is hard to get my pistol back from being "borrowed".
Thank you for taking the time to provide all of this useful information; I really appreciate it. Will check out the guns you mentioned, too.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 05-24-2018, 9:35 PM
waygeekierthanu's Avatar
waygeekierthanu waygeekierthanu is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 436
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmk20398 View Post
If you are in SoCal, at least I know RifleGear or 2A zone can do this (No-Mag sales / DROS with your own mag).
I did SP-01 no mag + Mec-Gar 10 round mag, CZ75TS 40SW + GunMagwarehouse 10 round mag.
Yes we will still do this
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 26 only $500 + tax & dros and get a free 3rd magazine!

Berretta M9A1's in stock!! $678? PM FOR BETTER PRICING
CZ Tactical Sports in stock! $1199 for prime day
TRP Full Rail in stock! $1469!

Main thread

website
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 05-24-2018, 9:48 PM
Bodh1 Bodh1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Free State
Posts: 568
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Easily a CZ75 variant. No questions.

There are trade offs with polymer pistols that some people like to avoid realizing.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 05-24-2018, 10:06 PM
bruss01's Avatar
bruss01 bruss01 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,503
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMustang View Post
Thanks for all of the information; I appreciate it. I am mostly wanting to obtain accurate handguns so I can give one to each kid later (probably when I am not around anymore). Right now I do occasional shooting at a range for fun, and our kids will probably do the same.
If this is for kids (or anyone, really) to just target shoot for fun, a Ruger Mark 1, 2, 3 or 4 would make an excellent choice especially with a bull barrel and improved aftermarket sights... using match pistol ammo. They should be able to develop very good marksmanship and have lots of fun, fairly inexpensively.

ETA- i just checked the handgun roster and sadly this model is not for sale in CA. If you can find a used one still in the state... but that may take some time and looking.
__________________
The one thing worse than defeat is surrender.

Last edited by bruss01; 05-25-2018 at 6:19 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 05-24-2018, 10:10 PM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,339
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Springfield Loaded 9mm Target, CZ SP-01, Glock 34?
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 05-24-2018, 10:13 PM
orangeusa's Avatar
orangeusa orangeusa is offline
<-- Airplane pic !!!!
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,926
iTrader: 81 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den60 View Post
The gun will be more accurate than the user.
This. Especially handguns.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 05-25-2018, 8:49 AM
BroncoMustang BroncoMustang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 212
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
If this is for kids (or anyone, really) to just target shoot for fun, a Ruger Mark 1, 2, 3 or 4 would make an excellent choice especially with a bull barrel and improved aftermarket sights... using match pistol ammo. They should be able to develop very good marksmanship and have lots of fun, fairly inexpensively.

ETA- i just checked the handgun roster and sadly this model is not for sale in CA. If you can find a used one still in the state... but that may take some time and looking.
Thanks for the information; I appreciate it and will check them out.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 05-25-2018, 9:14 PM
Saym14 Saym14 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 7,813
iTrader: 147 / 100%
Default

Hk usp expert 9mm
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 05-26-2018, 3:54 AM
BigPimping's Avatar
BigPimping BigPimping is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Roasting those freaks in the hood
Posts: 16,016
iTrader: 57 / 100%
Default

Glock of any type.
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 05-26-2018, 8:14 PM
BroncoMustang BroncoMustang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 212
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I have heard great things about both the HK and the Glock; in fact my brother owns a Glock, and likes it quite a bit. Thanks for the feedback.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 05-27-2018, 1:26 AM
Palmaris's Avatar
Palmaris Palmaris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,722
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89LT1 View Post
Never heard of anyone doing this before. Have you worked with a specific LGS? or have a thread about this?
Mine is this way. I wasn't practically targeting this, it just happened I bought her from Gun World in Burbank. During the transferring sales person told me that it comes with only one magazine, which trigger some sort of concern, but I still decided to get it. Then I called to CZ and I got 2 different points, one of them was it should be 3 magazines in the box, and second-it is not Cali version (by s/n) and might be only mag LGS will provide. I got so pissed off on CZ and LGS, finally I made CZ send me 2 mags for free and LGS to recover my "loses" by ammo. After I picked up gun from LGS, I found sticker on the box-it is non CA version.
From y stash, I am pretty much the same with SA 9mm Loaded Target and CZ 75 TS. I have changes front sight on both of them to Dawson FO.
One weird thing, out of my 45s, I am more accurate with DW Commander Classic than with DW PM7 or P220. This is for sure about me. I have asked other, way more proficient shooters to try all of my 45s, and PM7 is one hole gun with no doubt.

Last edited by Palmaris; 05-27-2018 at 1:33 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 05-30-2018, 9:22 PM
BroncoMustang BroncoMustang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 212
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmaris View Post
Mine is this way. I wasn't practically targeting this, it just happened I bought her from Gun World in Burbank. During the transferring sales person told me that it comes with only one magazine, which trigger some sort of concern, but I still decided to get it. Then I called to CZ and I got 2 different points, one of them was it should be 3 magazines in the box, and second-it is not Cali version (by s/n) and might be only mag LGS will provide. I got so pissed off on CZ and LGS, finally I made CZ send me 2 mags for free and LGS to recover my "loses" by ammo. After I picked up gun from LGS, I found sticker on the box-it is non CA version.
From y stash, I am pretty much the same with SA 9mm Loaded Target and CZ 75 TS. I have changes front sight on both of them to Dawson FO.
One weird thing, out of my 45s, I am more accurate with DW Commander Classic than with DW PM7 or P220. This is for sure about me. I have asked other, way more proficient shooters to try all of my 45s, and PM7 is one hole gun with no doubt.
Gun World has a ton of guns in their store; great selection to choose from. Glad to see that CZ took care of you.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 05-31-2018, 1:50 PM
solidfreshdope solidfreshdope is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 598
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodh1 View Post
Easily a CZ75 variant. No questions.

There are trade offs with polymer pistols that some people like to avoid realizing.


Do you mean as in like.. follow-up shots? Iím not sure how a polymer frame would affect a slide/barrel accuracy any other way.

I vote the beretta or SP-01


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
Welcome to the United Snakes.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 05-31-2018, 4:27 PM
Novak77's Avatar
Novak77 Novak77 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 409
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

My votes with a CZ or Sig. I own several of each and they all shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 05-31-2018, 5:17 PM
bruce381 bruce381 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Millbrae, CA
Posts: 1,489
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMustang View Post
I have heard or read good things about the 92FS. Thanks for your input; I appreciate it.
unless the slide cracks in half
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 06-07-2018, 8:27 PM
BroncoMustang BroncoMustang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 212
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce381 View Post
unless the slide cracks in half
That would suck; does it happen very often? I have not heard of it happening, but also don't know many people with that gun either.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 06-08-2018, 2:43 AM
RiskyBusiness's Avatar
RiskyBusiness RiskyBusiness is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,667
iTrader: 15 / 94%
Default

Keep the 1911 and handload some soft 45s for your daughter. Thank me later
__________________
https://imgur.com/a/yO4kS
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 06-08-2018, 3:18 AM
Mountain Max's Avatar
Mountain Max Mountain Max is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 611
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMustang View Post
Hi guys,
I have been thinking of selling my 1911 and then taking the money I get from that to buy a very accurate 9mm handgun, but before doing so I wanted to get others opinions on what they think would be the most accurate 9mm handgun. I would prefer to get one with a 5 inch barrel, thinking that the longer it is, the more accurate it will be, but am not married to the idea that it must be 5 inches long (provided it is very accurate). What are your thoughts, or what has your experience taught you, that I can learn from?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 06-08-2018, 6:27 AM
tanks's Avatar
tanks tanks is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,629
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucky View Post
Indian OP not the arrow. Good luck.
If the arrow is bent slightly it is not going to work as well. If the margin of error is 3 MOA for the Indian and 6 MOA for one gun vs 1 MOA for another gun then the Indian will shoot the 1 MOA gun much better.
__________________
For Sale - Reloading Supplies Powder and Xtreme bullets, For Trade Federal Primers
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1191755
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:34 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.