Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-17-2018, 6:52 AM

Hello all, I posted a while back and never gave an update. Anyway, below is the timeline of my experience.

1st interview: March 27, I brought all necessary paperwork and clerk made recommendations to tweak my good cause. She was very helpful.

2nd interview: April 12, brought revised documents, paid fee, took fingerprints, and took my photo.

Clerk said my good cause was solid. I had one documented incident so she said that I should have no problem getting approval. Pus Iím prior military so they do consider that as well. Lastly, she also mentioned that they are backed up so expect about 90 days for background to clear. Iíll report back as soon as I hear anything. All in all I feel pretty confident about it. We shall see.....
Old 04-17-2018, 7:04 AM

Also, I applied for the Sherrifs department back in 2004. Apparently I was still in their system and she asked why I never followed through. I told her that I got offered a more lucrative job so I ended the process during the background screening so as to not waste their time. The clerk made sure to document this on her computer. Iím not sure why itís relevant but she did spend a good 5min asking me about my prior application to the department.
Old 04-17-2018, 7:19 AM
Calguns Addict

If someone who will be having an interview with SDSO could ask them when they'll switch to an online application process and post their answer here, that would be appreciated!

225+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

Old 04-17-2018, 8:24 AM

Is it rude to ask about your good cause statements? What are all of you applying with? Don't need details if it is too personal, but curious if you all are using the hiking in the desert or shooting competitions good cause.

Nulla Fatere, Omnia Nega, Accusatorem Accusa
Old 04-21-2018, 9:29 AM

I applied for a dispatch position with SD Sherrif a few years back, made it to the long 3 hour questionnaire, and was told never to apply for any position with the Sherrifs department ever again because I smoked pot for a few years. Do you think this will be a cause for denial in their eyes?