Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 07-06-2016, 8:38 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 11,214
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

With the neutering of the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th admendments, it's best to fly under the radar in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-06-2016, 4:50 PM
12-Banger's Avatar
12-Banger 12-Banger is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ubiquitous
Posts: 39
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I don't know how much leeway your software allows, but perhaps a user option to delete one's own posts might be viable? You could tie it to the flagging of a post which will automatedly/automatically send an email to the original poster notifying them they'd been flagged, and suggesting the user delete their own post. It won't always work, but it gives posters the option to police themselves. fwiw...
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-06-2016, 5:07 PM
kovacs kovacs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA County, westside
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Good to know.

Can I ask if a thread about a certain new bb product with "reloaded" in the thread title was recently removed?

I'd asked a question on that thread last night. Today, my comment does not appear in my comment history, and that thread is nowhere to be found.

Last edited by kovacs; 07-06-2016 at 5:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-06-2016, 5:17 PM
Sir Toast's Avatar
Sir Toast Sir Toast is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,679
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Thanks Mods
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Mark49's Avatar
Mark49 Mark49 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Very So California
Posts: 678
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default fight or flight

We all need to get all the pro-gun groups involved, The NRA Cal gun foundation etc. We could get a court ruling on a few. Doing nothing but complaining will get us nowhere.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-07-2016, 1:02 AM
August August is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,641
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark49 View Post
We all need to get all the pro-gun groups involved, The NRA Cal gun foundation etc. We could get a court ruling on a few. Doing nothing but complaining will get us nowhere.
X100,000,000
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-07-2016, 10:47 AM
RANGER295's Avatar
RANGER295 RANGER295 is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rural California
Posts: 3,094
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12-Banger View Post
I don't know how much leeway your software allows, but perhaps a user option to delete one's own posts might be viable? You could tie it to the flagging of a post which will automatedly/automatically send an email to the original poster notifying them they'd been flagged, and suggesting the user delete their own post. It won't always work, but it gives posters the option to police themselves. fwiw...

I am 95% sure that you can already do that at least for a certain amount of time. That said, it has been so long since I have seen the forum as a general member that I could be wrong. Things look a little different for us.
__________________
WTB : A cheap beater .44 mag lever action rifle or carbine. Cosmetics do not matter, function and price are more important.

159

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-07-2016, 12:11 PM
CaliforniaPhotographer's Avatar
CaliforniaPhotographer CaliforniaPhotographer is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 389
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Just wanted to use this moment to say Thank You to Cal Gun mods. Ya'll are the glue holding this site together and your time and knowledge is appreciated.
__________________
"To Live is to suffer, to survive, well that is to find the meaning in the suffering."
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-09-2016, 9:40 AM
Lex Talionis's Avatar
Lex Talionis Lex Talionis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 479
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER295 View Post
I am 95% sure that you can already do that at least for a certain amount of time. That said, it has been so long since I have seen the forum as a general member that I could be wrong. Things look a little different for us.
Yes, a post can be deleted or edited up to a certain time with this forum software. Beyond that I believe any post---or even thread, can be deleted by an admin with that permission activated. But it is usually one with the higher levels of control (eg. site owner) who would probably be using that function.
__________________


THE LAW OF RETALIATION - an eye for an eye
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-09-2016, 10:28 AM
BigPimping's Avatar
BigPimping BigPimping is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Roasting those freaks in the hoood
Posts: 15,348
iTrader: 57 / 100%
Default

Thank you staff. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will understand and keep their intentions silent.
__________________


A freak without instruction, is headed for self destruction!!!

Buy 'em cheap, stack 'em deep!!

"Your government's the gangster, so cut the crap!!!" Chuck D.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-09-2016, 3:42 PM
FISHNFRANK FISHNFRANK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fullerton/Palomar Mtn
Posts: 586
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

I was kind of shocked the day after gunmegeddon to see a couple of death threats posted by a few guys that post on CalGuns pretty regularly, in response to a troll particularly. It actually made me rethink my affiliation with this board. I don't own an AR-15 but I've always supported fellow gun owners right to own them. I'm a hunter primarily. There is risk, the more extreme things become, that the tactical types could lose the support of guys like me, if it even matters anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-09-2016, 5:53 PM
LBDamned's Avatar
LBDamned LBDamned is offline
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!
Posts: 11,105
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHNFRANK View Post
I was kind of shocked the day after gunmegeddon to see a couple of death threats posted by a few guys that post on CalGuns pretty regularly, in response to a troll particularly. It actually made me rethink my affiliation with this board. I don't own an AR-15 but I've always supported fellow gun owners right to own them. I'm a hunter primarily. There is risk, the more extreme things become, that the tactical types could lose the support of guys like me, if it even matters anymore.
"death threats"??? Are you over-dramatizing for emphasis, or did this actually happen? If it happened, that's pretty damn serious and I'd be pissed.

Maybe it's something known that Im unaware of (not that I should be)... But if you are fabricating to make a point, that's pretty serious too.

Please don't tell me they were "die troll" - posts... That's far from a death threat and happens often on all forums. No more literal than this indicating I'm really bashing my head into a wall.
__________________
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
-----------------------------
Dignity, Respect, Purpose - Live It!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-09-2016, 6:34 PM
FISHNFRANK FISHNFRANK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fullerton/Palomar Mtn
Posts: 586
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default The post was taken down

It was removed pretty quickly; there was a reference to a "rope necklace" for the troll and also "chasing him down with a syringe full of ricin" - quotes are approximate and not exact...

Now to be fair, it was obvious the troll intend to provoke an extreme reaction. I get that. But a few guys took the bait and then some. It was the "day after" and nerves were raw. But, not a good idea at all.

Frank


Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
"death threats"??? Are you over-dramatizing for emphasis, or did this actually happen? If it happened, that's pretty damn serious and I'd be pissed.

Maybe it's something known that Im unaware of (not that I should be)... But if you are fabricating to make a point, that's pretty serious too.

Please don't tell me they were "die troll" - posts... That's far from a death threat and happens often on all forums. No more literal than this indicating I'm really bashing my head into a wall.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-09-2016, 8:57 PM
LBDamned's Avatar
LBDamned LBDamned is offline
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!
Posts: 11,105
iTrader: 51 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHNFRANK View Post
It was removed pretty quickly; there was a reference to a "rope necklace" for the troll and also "chasing him down with a syringe full of ricin" - quotes are approximate and not exact...

Now to be fair, it was obvious the troll intend to provoke an extreme reaction. I get that. But a few guys took the bait and then some. It was the "day after" and nerves were raw. But, not a good idea at all.

Frank
Those types of responses are uncalled for - regardless of what was said to provoke response... People need to keep their heads straight.
__________________
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
-----------------------------
Dignity, Respect, Purpose - Live It!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-29-2016, 6:31 PM
bravofortysix bravofortysix is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 98
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark49 View Post
We all need to get all the pro-gun groups involved, The NRA Cal gun foundation etc. We could get a court ruling on a few. Doing nothing but complaining will get us nowhere.
What was already done and has already been taken (right to keep and bear arms) is so far off from being solved by the means you are describing, IMHO.

There shouldn't be any laws against carrying firearms or restrictions on gun features.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-03-2016, 2:55 PM
Some Velvet-Fisted Brute's Avatar
Some Velvet-Fisted Brute Some Velvet-Fisted Brute is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 175
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

...sooo... Some despotic state agency was threatening obstruction charges or something?
__________________
Sorry about the typos. I browse mostly on my tablet and phone, and neither the touchscreens nor the autocorrection apps like me much.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-03-2016, 3:07 PM
Scratch705's Avatar
Scratch705 Scratch705 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 9,884
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

good luck trying to prove it is a single person using the computer the username was logged in from, and also if it is the same person.

for all they know, i (or not I) can be sharing this username between all my buddies. I (or not I) can also be accessing the website and logging from wi-fi signals which can be stolen from or free wi-fi sources from various retail outlets.

unless they hacked into a webcam and catches a specific person posting the exact post they are investigating this username for.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelaw View Post
Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want if it's at all related to the topic at hand!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Ghost_of_1776 Ghost_of_1776 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 58
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
Thank you staff. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will understand and keep their intentions silent.
...or use some of the commonly available methods to conceal their identity on the internet.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-10-2016, 8:06 PM
Tahoeshooter's Avatar
Tahoeshooter Tahoeshooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 138
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default PEACEFUL PUBLIC PROTEST, NOT CHILDISH BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
With the neutering of the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th admendments, it's best to fly under the radar in the future.
ABSOLUTELY NOT! THAT IS EXACTLY THE WRONG APPROACH! I AM CALLING EVERYONE ON CALGUNS TO START ORGANIZING PEACEFUL PUBLIC MASS PROTESTS AND MARCHES. WE NEED TO MARCH ON SACRAMENTO! ALL OF THE NATION'S PEOPLE CONCERNED WITH PROTECTING THE 2ND AMENDMENT SHOULD BE ORGANIZING MARCHES! WHY IS THIS NOT HAPPENING!! ENOUGH THREATS, OR SUGGESTION OF SOME VIOLENT RESPONSE TO THE ASSAULT ON OUR RIGHTS! TAKE ACTION AND START ORGANIZING MARCHES!....

OR ARE YOU ALL JUST SHEEP WILLING TO GO ALONG WITH ANY AND EVERY ENCROACHMENT OF YOUR RIGHTS? ARE YOU AFRAID TO MISS WORK FOR A DAY? ORGANIZE MARCHES ON WEEKENDS THEN! ARE YOU AFRAID YOUR NEIGHBORS OR NON-GUN-OWNING FRIENDS MIGHT SEE YOU INTERVIEWED BY CNN OR MSNBC AND BE PROTRAYED AS A "GUN NUT"?

IF A MOVEMENT WITH A POSTER BOY WHO WAS A STRONG ARM ROBBER CAN TAKE TO THE STREETS AND CAUSE ALL CAMERAS AND TALKING HEADS TO OBSESS ON THEM FOR MONTHS, WHY CAN'T LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WHO WANT AND NEED TO EXPRESS THEIR DEEPLY HELD CONVICTIONS AND HEART FELT CONCERNS STAND UP IN EQUAL NUMBERS? IS IT BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL WILLING TO BE RUN OVER BY LEFT LEANING MISDIRECTING ANTI-AMERICAN POLITICIANS AND MEDIA MOGULS? IF SO, YOU DESERVE TO HAVE YOUR RIGHTS BE TRAMPLED ON!!!

WE MUST START PEACEFUL PROTESTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! DON'T BRING FIREARMS, DON'T MAKE INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS, DON'T ACT LIKE IDIOTS, BUT INSTEAD VOICE YOUR VALID OPINIONS AND CONCERNS!!!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE NRA IS NOT ALREADY DOING THIS. WE MUST BAND TOGETHER AND MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD, AS EMAILS AND LETTERS ARE ALL TOO EASILY DELETED AND TOSSED IN THE DUST BIN!

STAND UP FELLOW AMERICANS FOR THE RIGHTS WE KNOW ARE ESSENTIAL TO OUR FREEDOM! DON'T WAIT UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE LIKE SOME PEOPLE IN EUROPE AND ELSEWHERE DID BEFORE WWII. GET OFF YOUR REAR ENDS AND EXPRESS YOURSELVES!!!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-10-2016, 8:42 PM
Prepped and ready Prepped and ready is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 488
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Thank you.

This should be stickied in all sub-forums so all will take note or as another poster above mentioned, PM to all members as an urgent message.
This is a great idea. I would guess 75% of members will bypass this sticky. I would hope not that much, but most will just log on and go to a fourm of interest and my never see this.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 08-10-2016, 9:58 PM
Sam Z's Avatar
Sam Z Sam Z is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SGV
Posts: 366
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

I-can't-believe-I-didn't-see-this-thread-sooner-and-it's-definitely-worth-a-bump bump
__________________
No Limit
No Compromise
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-11-2016, 6:08 PM
RANGER295's Avatar
RANGER295 RANGER295 is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rural California
Posts: 3,094
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoeshooter View Post
ABSOLUTELY NOT! THAT IS EXACTLY THE WRONG APPROACH! I AM CALLING EVERYONE ON CALGUNS TO START ORGANIZING PEACEFUL PUBLIC MASS PROTESTS AND MARCHES. WE NEED TO MARCH ON SACRAMENTO! ALL OF THE NATION'S PEOPLE CONCERNED WITH PROTECTING THE 2ND AMENDMENT SHOULD BE ORGANIZING MARCHES! WHY IS THIS NOT HAPPENING!! ENOUGH THREATS, OR SUGGESTION OF SOME VIOLENT RESPONSE TO THE ASSAULT ON OUR RIGHTS! TAKE ACTION AND START ORGANIZING MARCHES!....

OR ARE YOU ALL JUST SHEEP WILLING TO GO ALONG WITH ANY AND EVERY ENCROACHMENT OF YOUR RIGHTS? ARE YOU AFRAID TO MISS WORK FOR A DAY? ORGANIZE MARCHES ON WEEKENDS THEN! ARE YOU AFRAID YOUR NEIGHBORS OR NON-GUN-OWNING FRIENDS MIGHT SEE YOU INTERVIEWED BY CNN OR MSNBC AND BE PROTRAYED AS A "GUN NUT"?

IF A MOVEMENT WITH A POSTER BOY WHO WAS A STRONG ARM ROBBER CAN TAKE TO THE STREETS AND CAUSE ALL CAMERAS AND TALKING HEADS TO OBSESS ON THEM FOR MONTHS, WHY CAN'T LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WHO WANT AND NEED TO EXPRESS THEIR DEEPLY HELD CONVICTIONS AND HEART FELT CONCERNS STAND UP IN EQUAL NUMBERS? IS IT BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL WILLING TO BE RUN OVER BY LEFT LEANING MISDIRECTING ANTI-AMERICAN POLITICIANS AND MEDIA MOGULS? IF SO, YOU DESERVE TO HAVE YOUR RIGHTS BE TRAMPLED ON!!!

WE MUST START PEACEFUL PROTESTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! DON'T BRING FIREARMS, DON'T MAKE INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS, DON'T ACT LIKE IDIOTS, BUT INSTEAD VOICE YOUR VALID OPINIONS AND CONCERNS!!!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE NRA IS NOT ALREADY DOING THIS. WE MUST BAND TOGETHER AND MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD, AS EMAILS AND LETTERS ARE ALL TOO EASILY DELETED AND TOSSED IN THE DUST BIN!

STAND UP FELLOW AMERICANS FOR THE RIGHTS WE KNOW ARE ESSENTIAL TO OUR FREEDOM! DON'T WAIT UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE LIKE SOME PEOPLE IN EUROPE AND ELSEWHERE DID BEFORE WWII. GET OFF YOUR REAR ENDS AND EXPRESS YOURSELVES!!!
Organize it. Be the catalyst that starts it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepped and ready View Post
This is a great idea. I would guess 75% of members will bypass this sticky. I would hope not that much, but most will just log on and go to a fourm of interest and my never see this.

It is cross posted in four forums. I was going to not sticky it and try to keep bumping thinking that would get more views. Who knows.
__________________
WTB : A cheap beater .44 mag lever action rifle or carbine. Cosmetics do not matter, function and price are more important.

159

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-11-2016, 11:14 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 29,092
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER295 View Post
It is cross posted in four forums. I was going to not sticky it and try to keep bumping thinking that would get more views. Who knows.
Bumping gets it back on the "new posts" or "threads that have been updated" page.

I rarely see stickies because I rarely go into a specific forum.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-12-2016, 7:39 AM
Mithrandir13's Avatar
Mithrandir13 Mithrandir13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 811
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The reason good honest people aren't protesting is because we have jobs and families we are responsible to.... Ever notice most recent protestors "look" unemployed!?!?!? Prolly cuz they are.... They are getting free stuff that WE are paying them so they can protest.... Usually protesting against us... Another story for another day!!
__________________
The founding fathers did a wonderful thing when they included the second amendment to the constitution...

Yes... and this! http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/87senrpt.pdf

Good Guys with Guns HERE
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-12-2016, 7:58 AM
larkja larkja is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 763
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
Thank you staff. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will understand and keep their intentions silent.
Wow, I just quoted Mr Big Pimping.

But seriously, don't go posting stuff that would be considered illegal in a PUBLIC forum dedicated to gun rights that is clearly monitored by the authorities. That's just common sense and if you do, and get caught, that's your own fault
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-13-2016, 7:04 AM
RANGER295's Avatar
RANGER295 RANGER295 is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rural California
Posts: 3,094
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Bumping gets it back on the "new posts" or "threads that have been updated" page.

I rarely see stickies because I rarely go into a specific forum.
good point
__________________
WTB : A cheap beater .44 mag lever action rifle or carbine. Cosmetics do not matter, function and price are more important.

159

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-13-2016, 7:41 AM
nicki's Avatar
nicki nicki is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,219
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default Speaking of which.

Governments are never going to go after those that promote expansion of government power, those individuals and groups will get a "free pass" to do whatever they want pretty much, maybe some slaps on the wrist.

However those who openly challenge the government are another story.

Keeping guns out of the hands of criminals is something we care about because it directly effects our lives.

Keeping the guns out of the hands of citizens is something power hungry government cares about because as long as the citizens are armed, they can stand up to criminal government.

On of the biggest reasons the 14th amendment was enacted was so that the "Freedmen" could defend themselves against the KKK and their racist government allies in the south post Civil War.

I'm not going to post about not complying, instead I will make time to do what I can to fix things so it won't get to that.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Mithrandir13's Avatar
Mithrandir13 Mithrandir13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 811
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Anyone ever wonder why the current focus of the antis is sporting rifles????

85% of crimes involving a firearm are with pistols.....

(I know the reason.... Anyone else ever think about this!?!?)
.
.
__________________
The founding fathers did a wonderful thing when they included the second amendment to the constitution...

Yes... and this! http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/87senrpt.pdf

Good Guys with Guns HERE
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 08-13-2016, 1:18 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 29,092
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir13 View Post
Anyone ever wonder why the current focus of the antis is sporting rifles????

85% of crimes involving a firearm are with pistols.....

(I know the reason.... Anyone else ever think about this!?!?)
.
.
Low hanging fruit.

Their ultimate goal is to eliminate all guns.

They nibble where they can (roster, handgun ammo restrictions) but the "big money" is in outright bans to set legal precedent.
For the populace as a whole (voting power):

#1 - People simply don't own and shoot rifles like they used to. The majority of gun owners have handguns and of those who own handguns and rifles, shoot handguns more often due to the lack of places to shoot rifles in metropolitan areas.

#2 - "Evil black rifles" are relatively new to the game. Sure, they were around before the 1989 ban, but most Americans had sporters. EBRs were the trophies of Vietnam veterans. So... populace as a whole, people really don't care about what is PRESENTLY considered AW by California.
While legally EBRs meet the definition of "common usage", purely by the numbers their popularity is from the 1994 forward... when they were banned, people began to want them.


Game plan if I were a grabber:

1 - Ban the "non sporting" design semiautomatic centerfire rifles
2 - Get court decisions supporting said bans.
3 - Use the pro-2A argument that there is no functional, only a cosmetic, difference between an AR-10 and a Winchester Model-70 and use our own argument against us to ban ALL semiautomatic centerfire rifles.
4 - Get court decisions supporting bans on firearms in common usage.
5 - Come clean on the "big lie" that rifles are not the problem and handguns are used more commonly in crimes.
6 - Begin expanding the current handgun AW laws in the same manner as the expansion of the rifle AW laws.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 08-17-2016, 8:59 PM
Mithrandir13's Avatar
Mithrandir13 Mithrandir13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 811
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

No.... Politicians are not afraid of thugs with handguns... They are afraid of good honest citizens with effective longer range weapons who have a well defined sense of right and wrong and who are tired of the lies and have been beaten down to the point of having nothing else to lose!!!

Why else all the laws now being passed that really only affect the good honest citizen.... That is the threat they are trying to disarm!!!
.
.
__________________
The founding fathers did a wonderful thing when they included the second amendment to the constitution...

Yes... and this! http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/87senrpt.pdf

Good Guys with Guns HERE
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 08-17-2016, 10:18 PM
Rickrock1's Avatar
Rickrock1 Rickrock1 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chino CA,
Posts: 4,881
iTrader: 49 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
Thank you staff. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will understand and keep their intentions silent.
Shooo U rite
__________________


“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅


Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-17-2016, 10:26 PM
omega's Avatar
omega omega is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,165
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir13 View Post
Anyone ever wonder why the current focus of the antis is sporting rifles????

85% of crimes involving a firearm are with pistols.....

(I know the reason.... Anyone else ever think about this!?!?)
.
.
the antis dont want citizens to have a fighting chance, the rilfes are more of a threat to Police / Gov / UN

the Gov wants to keep theirs and take away yours, same as a communist country

Last edited by omega; 08-17-2016 at 10:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-21-2016, 1:58 PM
mtribe's Avatar
mtribe mtribe is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 25
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Thank you

I am still new to this but want to say thank ... i am always sharing with people about whayt is going on in occupy Komifornia. thank you again.
__________________
I am not moved by my emotions or by what seems popular. I will do what is right.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-02-2016, 8:28 AM
Boogaloo's Avatar
Boogaloo Boogaloo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 380
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoeshooter View Post
ABSOLUTELY NOT! THAT IS EXACTLY THE WRONG APPROACH! I AM CALLING EVERYONE ON CALGUNS TO START ORGANIZING PEACEFUL PUBLIC MASS PROTESTS AND MARCHES. WE NEED TO MARCH ON SACRAMENTO! ALL OF THE NATION'S PEOPLE CONCERNED WITH PROTECTING THE 2ND AMENDMENT SHOULD BE ORGANIZING MARCHES! WHY IS THIS NOT HAPPENING!! ENOUGH THREATS, OR SUGGESTION OF SOME VIOLENT RESPONSE TO THE ASSAULT ON OUR RIGHTS! TAKE ACTION AND START ORGANIZING MARCHES!....

OR ARE YOU ALL JUST SHEEP WILLING TO GO ALONG WITH ANY AND EVERY ENCROACHMENT OF YOUR RIGHTS? ARE YOU AFRAID TO MISS WORK FOR A DAY? ORGANIZE MARCHES ON WEEKENDS THEN! ARE YOU AFRAID YOUR NEIGHBORS OR NON-GUN-OWNING FRIENDS MIGHT SEE YOU INTERVIEWED BY CNN OR MSNBC AND BE PROTRAYED AS A "GUN NUT"?

IF A MOVEMENT WITH A POSTER BOY WHO WAS A STRONG ARM ROBBER CAN TAKE TO THE STREETS AND CAUSE ALL CAMERAS AND TALKING HEADS TO OBSESS ON THEM FOR MONTHS, WHY CAN'T LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WHO WANT AND NEED TO EXPRESS THEIR DEEPLY HELD CONVICTIONS AND HEART FELT CONCERNS STAND UP IN EQUAL NUMBERS? IS IT BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL WILLING TO BE RUN OVER BY LEFT LEANING MISDIRECTING ANTI-AMERICAN POLITICIANS AND MEDIA MOGULS? IF SO, YOU DESERVE TO HAVE YOUR RIGHTS BE TRAMPLED ON!!!

WE MUST START PEACEFUL PROTESTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! DON'T BRING FIREARMS, DON'T MAKE INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS, DON'T ACT LIKE IDIOTS, BUT INSTEAD VOICE YOUR VALID OPINIONS AND CONCERNS!!!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE NRA IS NOT ALREADY DOING THIS. WE MUST BAND TOGETHER AND MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD, AS EMAILS AND LETTERS ARE ALL TOO EASILY DELETED AND TOSSED IN THE DUST BIN!

STAND UP FELLOW AMERICANS FOR THE RIGHTS WE KNOW ARE ESSENTIAL TO OUR FREEDOM! DON'T WAIT UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE LIKE SOME PEOPLE IN EUROPE AND ELSEWHERE DID BEFORE WWII. GET OFF YOUR REAR ENDS AND EXPRESS YOURSELVES!!!

Dude, name one occasion in the last hundred years, where a peaceful march had any meaningful impact on unjust laws? This is laughable, ineffectual and a complete waste of time.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-02-2016, 8:48 AM
Boogaloo's Avatar
Boogaloo Boogaloo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 380
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

If this does not scare the holy shat out of you, then you are asleep at the wheel and deserve to die in the fiery crash that is sure to follow.

Back in the early 1700's, discussion and "peaceful" protest resulted in arrest and execution. At a certain point, our founders organized a coup and the United States of America was born. Not out of peaceful protest, but bloodshed and violence.

It is as clear as the sky is blue in Montana, that the only way out of this will be violence, bloodshed and a purge. The million dollar question is: When will the shot that is heard round the world ring out again?

The video linked below contains facts and information about the fall of western Europe, the rise of the police state, and examples of agents of the state usurping individual liberty at the behest of the "heads" of state. It is a sampling (really a precursor) of what is happening in America NOW.

A few short years ago, Brits were able to own and possess handguns, the same was true in Australia. Now they are arrested and charged with the crime of defending themselves against rape and murder.

You can pretend all you want that because we have a 2nd Amendment that we will be fine, but what happens when you are too old to fight the fight, and the kids who need safe spaces in school are the ones calling for the end of the 2nd Amendment? What then? Do you fold and turn in your firearms like they did in Australia and the UK ?


Watch this video. If you think it is nothing more than propaganda, then refute the individual points of the video. Pick ONE thing you disagree with and REFUTE it with fact and proof positive that THAT thing is NOT happening. If you cannot do that, then you have a duty to your fellow patriot to share this video with EVERYONE you know.

The truth is out there... The media are doing a pretty good job of hiding it from you. The trick is to beat them at their own game.


Last edited by Boogaloo; 09-02-2016 at 9:15 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 09-21-2016, 5:11 PM
MrBLUE MrBLUE is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 11
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir13 View Post
The reason good honest people aren't protesting is because we have jobs and families we are responsible to.... Ever notice most recent protestors "look" unemployed!?!?!? Prolly cuz they are.... They are getting free stuff that WE are paying them so they can protest.... Usually protesting against us... Another story for another day!!
This is so true and it is a major issue for American politics in general, not just gun rights.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-21-2016, 8:22 PM
Drivedabizness's Avatar
Drivedabizness Drivedabizness is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 1,910
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Soros pays HUGE $$$ for the protestors
__________________
Proud CGN Contributor
USMC Pistol Team Alumni - Distinguished Pistol Shot
Owner of multiple Constitutionally protected tools
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-17-2016, 9:13 PM
atxgun atxgun is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 44
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBLUE View Post
This is so true and it is a major issue for American politics in general, not just gun rights.
Yy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Big Lambowski Big Lambowski is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 19
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." -Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-04-2017, 5:34 PM
lhecker51's Avatar
lhecker51 lhecker51 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Formerly From People's Republic of Dumphucistan
Posts: 632
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Boogaloo I agree with your assessment and have shared the very same sentiment for years. We effectively have very limited 1st and 2nd Amendment rights and they are shrinking incrementally into meaningless words. Not only in Canada can one be charged for stating the truth, but here in the US as well under laws such as disturbing the peace or any number of laws that are used to muzzle the truth that they consider dangerous.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:54 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.