Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 12-21-2012, 5:52 PM

Default C&R FFL with COE 1 in 30 Question

I have had my C&R and COE for 6+ years now, and never had this problem before. I was in a shop today and I asked a salesman if they would sell me 2 new hand guns with my C&R FFL and COE. He said sure as long as I had all my paperwork. So I fill out the Dros and pay for the guns and the fees, then the clerk goes to the computer and punches in all the info. I see him call the store manager over and they talked for a few minutes. The clerk comes over to me and says "its kicking it back, not letting me do both of them." He then says he could try it another way. Doing one at a time but if it didn't work I would be out the $25 Dros fee for the second one. He told me he has sold multiple handguns with C&R and COE before but never at the same time, maybe that was the problem. I really don't care, and its not a big deal. But Since I had already paid for both of them I would have to pay a $50 re socking fee to get my money back on one of them. The salesman told me to call DOJ and find out my it was kick back. MY question is what to do? I went ahead and Drosed one, but should I go back and try to Dros the other one and risk loosing out on $25 buck? Do I call DOJ and see whats the deal. Or should I just wait the 30 days?
Old 12-22-2012, 8:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

They changed the DROS system, the waiting period exemption has to be selected as 30 day exempt, not as a collector. I had that problem with submitting the DROS on C&R handguns. Since the person had a C&R FFL and CA DOJ COE, he was exempt from the waiting period, as well as the 30 day limit, but the stupid system claimed that it violated the 30 day when adding an additional handgun.

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 12-22-2012, 9:02 AM
Veteran Member

Good to know!!

Former: Knight of Front Sight &
Gold Star Member
Old 12-23-2012, 1:34 PM

Went by the shop last night and the guy said he did run it as a 30 day exemption the first time. If I wanted he had no problem doing it again. But if it didn't work I'd out the $25 Dros. I think I'm going to call DOJ tomorrow. Or just wait the 30 days if they don't sell to someone else!!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 1:43 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38superdupper View Post
Went by the shop last night and the guy said he did run it as a 30 day exemption the first time. If I wanted he had no problem doing it again. But if it didn't work I'd out the $25 Dros. I think I'm going to call DOJ tomorrow. Or just wait the 30 days if they don't sell to someone else!!!!
don't bother CADOJ, they'll just say that it is illegal to do so, even though the PC allows for it.

And if you already paid for it, why would they sell it to someone else if you waited 30-days to DROS it?

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 12-23-2012, 1:50 PM

Quote:
And if you already paid for it, why would they sell it to someone else if you waited 30-days to DROS it?
In these uncertain times greed takes over integrity.
Old 12-23-2012, 1:55 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38superdupper View Post
In these uncertain times greed takes over integrity.
ok, any ethical gun shop would just hold the gun til the 30-days was up and then DROS it.

if that is a concern for you, are you not worried that they are going to sell the other handgun that is already in Jail. If someone offers them enough money, all they ahve to do it cancel your DROS and sell it to the new guy. they can give you back your money for both guns and still be ahead.

you either trust them or you don't.

And yes, based on some threads on CGN, there are apparently some dealers that would do just that for the $$$.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.