Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 05-14-2012, 8:31 PM

After being denied in Placer for 2 towing infractions (one speed), and one speeding ticket I have bought a home in EDH. I should close on the 8th of June. I scheduled my appointment for ten days after taking the keys. To soon?

Old 05-14-2012, 8:39 PM

Have proof of residency in EDC?

Get a new Ca DL or one of your bills ( i think that'll work )
Old 05-14-2012, 8:39 PM

Have proof of residency in EDC?

Get a new Ca DL or one of your bills ( i think that'll work )
Old 05-14-2012, 9:14 PM

Had appt at the EDC Sheriff's office last week to turn in my application. Process was simple and the staff was very nice and professional. They told that background checks are running up to eight weeks and that i should expect a call at that point.
Old 05-16-2012, 8:01 PM

Everyone I've known that went thru EDC has had great 'customer' service. 😃
Old 06-15-2012, 4:15 PM

Just an update....had my first appt on 4/23, passed background checks, had second interview and got approved on 6/13. Taking class on 6/23. During second interview, I was not once asked about my juvenile records (I listed all I could remember on initial application), and the detective informed me nothing came back so we did not need to discuss. That was a surprise....a GOOD surprise.
Old 06-25-2012, 9:37 PM

My GF turned in her app May 7th. Has her interview 6/27. 6-7 week wait time for the detectives.
Old 06-26-2012, 9:43 PM

I go in tomorrow to pick up my ccw. Did my class this past Saturday, called yesterday and got an appt for finalizing on July 11th. Then called back yesterday at 4 and was told there was a cancellation for 6/27. Awesome.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:03 PM

Great job CMartin! Feels good, doesn't it?

The GF passed her interview and picks up her permit tomorrow. She's stoked. No to stop being mouthy with her....she's armed & well trained.

Her timeline from the drop off of the app to picking up the permit is 52 days.
Old 07-19-2012, 8:08 AM

Too soon? No.

I moved from Placer recently to El Dorado. I scheduled my initial appt once I knew my closing date. I scheduled it for the week after closing. I immediately changed my DMV registration and got a new one issued. When I had my first appt to turn in my application I only had my registration and my mortgage booklet. They could not accept the booklet, but started my process anyway. I then supplied the 2nd form of residency at the interview. DMV wouldn't issue a new drivers license with my address.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbeer95648 View Post
Too soon? No.

I moved from Placer recently to El Dorado. I scheduled my initial appt once I knew my closing date. I scheduled it for the week after closing. I immediately changed my DMV registration and got a new one issued. When I had my first appt to turn in my application I only had my registration and my mortgage booklet. They could not accept the booklet, but started my process anyway. I then supplied the 2nd form of residency at the interview. DMV wouldn't issue a new drivers license with my address.
I showed up a week after my close with my mortgage insurance policy and various papers from the purchase of the home. My interview was friendly and generated a few eye rolls while discussing my Placer county experience. Spent about 30 min total.

I did my class again as I was denied a year ago by placer, and I am currently waiting out the 8 weeks. 1/2 way done tomorrow.

I encourage anyone currently lucky enough to live in EL Dorado County to apply or if you are looking to buy a home do what I did and get the hell out of those other counties if you can.

Old 08-12-2012, 8:09 PM

I had my interview last week and pick up the permit next week. The Sgt who conducted the interview had lots of good advice for me. It was a very enjoyable and informative discussion. The folks at the El Dorado County Sheriff's office have really been great to deal with and made the process very straight forward
Old 08-20-2012, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrc1 View Post
I had my interview last week and pick up the permit next week. The Sgt who conducted the interview had lots of good advice for me. It was a very enjoyable and informative discussion. The folks at the El Dorado County Sheriff's office have really been great to deal with and made the process very straight forward
How many weeks did you wait from your original appointment?

Old 08-20-2012, 8:25 PM

It was about six weeks from the time i turned in the app to the time they called to schedule an interview.
Old 08-21-2012, 9:11 AM

Default Welcome to El Dorado County

It's nice to see everyone likes to come and live in ElDoCo. Sometimes you can't believe you live in California. My wife and I got our CCWs last year and we couldn't be happier. It's so nice having a normal sheriff like John. Let's keep re-electing him.
Old 08-21-2012, 9:13 AM

x100!

It is a little bit of heaven. Too bad i commute to Sac County every day, or i'd live in a true dream world!
Old 08-21-2012, 5:10 PM

Default Safeway in Cameron Park Posted

I ran into Safeway in Cameron Park this afternoon to pick up some deli pasta salid to go with dinner. I was headed to the gym, so I wasn't carrying. As I walked in, I saw a new sign on the automatic door "Firearms Prohibited". I know the sign wasn't there on Sunday when I was in - or at least I didn't see it.

I know that Safeway is within their right to post this sign - just a little frustrating. My family has been shopping there for the last 10+ years, probably $125 per week on average. I will simply start shopping at Food 4 Less or Bel Aire. I intend to try to send an email to them tomorrow letting them know that their new policy has cost them a long time, loyal customer.

If this isn't the right location for this post - please feel free to move it.
Old 08-26-2012, 8:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjet View Post
It's nice to see everyone likes to come and live in ElDoCo. Sometimes you can't believe you live in California. My wife and I got our CCWs last year and we couldn't be happier. It's so nice having a normal sheriff like John. Let's keep re-electing him.
I'd like to add that it's obvious that the Sheriff's staff have adopted and support his policies on CCW. EVERY single person I dealt with was friendly and very helpful. Even better, they seemed to enjoy their job. (That says a lot.)

I've talked to people in other counties who felt they were treated like a criminal through the who process of applying for LTC.
Old 08-31-2012, 8:12 AM

Today is my 9th week. Does anyone have experience with recent timelines?

Old 09-20-2012, 4:26 PM

13 weeks... still waiting on interview, I called the ECSO and it was stated they are weeks behind.

Old 10-10-2012, 1:29 PM

Approved, 2 weeks ago. Picking up permit next week!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 8:53 AM

Went to pick up permit as scheduled, the records team had not yet received the packet from the detectives. Records now says I will be notified by mail if I receive approval. I'm pretty sure I was told I am approved. 19 weeks seems crazy for such a friendly county. Any experience with this department lately?

Old 10-22-2012, 9:11 AM

Sad to say, but i think you are the exception. Fell thru the cracks maybe. Everyone i know was done within 19 weeks. Hope it all works out & SOON
Old 10-29-2012, 9:45 PM

I followed up with records Friday, they stated I would receive a call, or something in the mail soon. I came home today to find a certified mail notice for pick up from USPS the sender being el dorado county.

This sounds like a denial to me, why else would thy need to insure the delivery was certified? Can anyone confirm if EDSO sends denials and or approvals via certified mail.

I was told after approval the detectives would send the packet to records and then records would call to schedule an appointment. The detective even said it would take 4-6 weeks to process the packet.

I am also 100% certain he stated he was issuing the permit although that may just be a good way to get you on your way with no argument. I'll be at the post office @ 9 sharp!

Old 10-30-2012, 1:43 PM

I picked up the certified letter. It states in short that I'm denied because I did not disclose a prior arrest. I was denied in placer for speeding/cell phone/towing tickets no talk of arrest. I have never been arrested in my life, not even placed in hand cuffs. I can only laugh at these circumstances, this is such a joke. Writing a letter now.

Enjoy.

Old 10-30-2012, 4:17 PM

Do you happen to have a open container ticket? That is considered an arrest and no cuffs or booking involved.
Old 10-30-2012, 6:33 PM

I never have had an interface with the police or court system for anything outside of run of the mill VC violations. I have never been arrested while being ticketed, even temporarily. I have only been questioned one time by the police with regard to a neighbor complaint dog barking/truck parking situation.

As a repossessor I have had thousands of working calls in to various police agencies, hundreds of working interactions with police none resulting in an arrest, detainment temporary or otherwise.

This is baffling, How do I go about pulling an arrest history from law enforcement to see what this mystery arrest is?

Old 10-30-2012, 6:46 PM
Calguns Addict

That's all kind of strange. There were some mixups on mine ( a guy with the same name in a small town I used to live in had multiple felony arrests ) they asked me about it during the interview. I explained it (I've had to explain and prove it multiple times) and told them to simply check the middle name DL# and SSN of the offender. They did right there. Done Deal. Got my LTC.

It really should be very easy to clear up.
Old 10-30-2012, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDub1950 View Post
That's all kind of strange. There were some mixups on mine ( a guy with the same name in a small town I used to live in had multiple felony arrests ) they asked me about it during the interview. I explained it (I've had to explain and prove it multiple times) and told them to simply check the middle name DL# and SSN of the offender. They did right there. Done Deal. Got my LTC.

It really should be very easy to clear up.
That seems reasonable, I find it nonsensical that they would not confront me on the mystery arrest in the interview. The investigator never mentioned or inquired about an arrest.

I just spoke to a friend that says the same issue is happening to another applicant as well. Sounds as if they may be overwhelmed.

Old 10-30-2012, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatrogue View Post
... My interview was friendly and generated a few eye rolls while discussing my Placer county experience. Spent about 30 min total.

I did my class again as I was denied a year ago by placer, and I am currently waiting out the 8 weeks. 1/2 way done tomorrow.
Rogue,
In light of your outcome and some other things you said, maybe those eye rolls weren't in regards to your Placer experience... Just sayin'... Maybe.

I was told that the interview was really a "get to know you, and see how stable you appear" session.
Were you sarcastic or anything? Have excessive speeding tix or anything else that shows disregard for the law?

Last edited by User21c; 10-30-2012 at 9:43 PM..
Old 10-30-2012, 10:21 PM

Thats possible but I would contend that both the tech and the investigator eluded that the ticket were not a problem,plus the letter states I did not disclose an arrest, not that my character is in questions due to vc violations as placers did.

Old 11-21-2012, 7:48 PM

Is there a link to an updated list of el dorado approved ccw courses?
Old 11-21-2012, 7:50 PM

With all due respect to all the instructors on here, I think there is only one. LFI Guns
Old 11-21-2012, 8:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Gray Ops classes also qual for CCW. http://www.gofast1.com

I got mine from Personal Defense Weapons in EDH http://www.personaldefenseweapons-us...page=page&id=3

There are others. Just google <your zip code>: ccw training
Old 12-12-2012, 9:00 AM

For those of us that live in El Dorado County and have taken advantage of our new Sheriff's CCW process, here is another opportunity to support the SO.

It's called the Citizens Academy and it's put on by the SO; here is a link for more information: http://www.edcgov.us/Government/Sher...s_Academy.aspx

This years academy is coming to a close. Last night we did traffic stop role playing where we got to drive a cruiser and pull over a deputy or deputies in a role playing situation. Great learning experience!!

They are taking applications for next year and will put a class together when they have around 25 people. Take advantage of this and support our SO.
Old 12-22-2012, 5:46 PM

For those of you who were in the first wave of permits under Sheriff D'Agostini, don't forget that your renewal will be coming up in the next few months. The renewal application is available at the bottom of the Sheriff Dept home page and it can be dropped off any time with no fees collected until approved. Fill it out, drop it off and set an appt for near the time of your expiration.

Remember, if you let it expire, you start over from the beginning....
Old 01-23-2013, 5:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacto929 View Post
For those of you who were in the first wave of permits under Sheriff D'Agostini, don't forget that your renewal will be coming up in the next few months. The renewal application is available at the bottom of the Sheriff Dept home page and it can be dropped off any time with no fees collected until approved. Fill it out, drop it off and set an appt for near the time of your expiration.

Remember, if you let it expire, you start over from the beginning....
Thanks for the reminder!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 AM

Approved, LTC in hand!!! Now to get a smaller side arm as a p250 is a little on the large side.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 PM

Good job! Welcome to the club. ;-)
Old 02-25-2013, 1:14 PM

Just had my first appt with sheriff dept, and my ccw test is on Mar 9th. Any idea how long it will be before I hear from the sheriff for my second appt? And how many times do you see the sheriff before you get your LTC permit?