Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMCLAP View Post
It's actually a response to the Gnostic heresy that stated that He didn't even die because He was pure god and not human. So, the statement, "he descended into Hell" was essentially to state that He was so dead that He went to the place where dead people go when they die. In Greek society that would have been Hades but translated into English as Hell.
First, the verse doesn't say He descended into hell. It says:

1 Pe3:19 in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison,

Second, the verse doesn't say, imply or mean that "essentially to state that He was so dead that He went to the place where dead people go when they die." The verse explicitly tells us why He went "He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison." Simple exegesis. He went to make proclamation.

The Bible uses another way to confirm Christ's death. That is, His burial (e.g. Rom. 6:4).

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther
Old 02-19-2018, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Sorry. I was thinking about the Apostles Creed.while contemplating His death. I should have specified.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMCLAP View Post
Sorry. I was thinking about the Apostles Creed.while contemplating His death. I should have specified.
ah.

God Bless.

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther
Old 02-19-2018, 1:36 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks brother.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvau View Post
The first movie was a disaster with a completely unbiblical focus. I can't imagine a sequel will be any better. ugh.
Kind of a dead on narrative about life that somebody as evil as Mel Gibson would get Hollywood to swoon at his feet because his movie made a bunch of money. Hell would literally have to freeze over before I would see his movie.
Old 02-26-2018, 3:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
Hell would literally have to freeze over before I would see his movie.
That’s okay, I prefer a less crowded movie theater.

Again you’re going to see a movie, NOT a Sunday service. If you’re really that worried about the movie, you might as well sterilize your life. It might be a good idea you start by selling the TV and unplugging completely from the internet, for those things are far more poisonous.

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 02-26-2018, 4:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
That’s okay, I prefer a less crowded movie theater.

Again you’re going to see a movie
No, I won't be. Do you remember in the gospel where Jesus explains it is what proceeds out of the heart (and mouth) that defiles a man? I won't be imbibing in anything coming from the heart of a neo nazi holocaust denier like Mel Gibson.

Quote:
Two years ago, Gibson gave an interview to former Republican speechwriter Peggy Noonan for Reader's Digest. Now the outtakes of that interview have been made available to this column.

His unpublished remarks, according to the Digest’s publisher, are shocking. Gibson actually ridiculed the historically acknowledged number of Jews killed by Hitler.

Of the Holocaust, Gibson told Noonan: “I mean when the war was over they said it was 12 million. Then it was six. Now it’s four. I mean it’s that kind of numbers game …”
Old 02-26-2018, 8:32 PM

Mel doesn't care. The Passion of the Gibson trampled all over Hollywood and no one could say a damn thing about it. Mel is an old school alpha male, Australian with a drinking problem, and a member of a group of Catholics that split from the Church after Vatican I.

If he makes a sequel with Peter (he wasn't swinging for that dude's ear) and Paul (Civis Romanus Sum) he will make a boat load of money, trample all over Hollywood again, and continue on his merry way. Whether that is on his boat to Mexico, to hell in a hand basket, or across the Wasteland in a war rig hauling a fat tank o' juice, who is to say.

Regardless, The Passion of the Gibson was an epic film, and the sequel will likely be as well.

Dude may be a complete jack*****, hold opinions that tick people off, and have his own personal hell at the bottom of a whiskey bottle. That said, I would still totally party at a BBQ with him.
“Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final.”

Hunter S. Thompson
The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales From a Strange Time
Old 02-27-2018, 2:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I just liked it because of the Aramaic, even if it was kind of awkward and artificially done. I never understood why he hired a priest to translate the script instead of using native speakers.

Old 02-27-2018, 2:54 PM

Ummm, the title of the last movie was "The Passion of the Christ", from Late Latin: passionem or "suffering, enduring". You were expecting a different focus? Also, the point of this topic of this thread: the NEW movie.

Watch my gun and ammo product reviews Moondog Industries
and gadget reviews Moondog R&D |
NRA CRSO | NRA Life Member |
Coyote Point Rifle & Pistol Club Webmaster |
www.MoondogIndustries.com