Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2018, 7:22 PM

Talking Words can't describe how great God is

So as you know I restarted my walk with God if you read my other thread.

Im sharing hoping to encourage others that are stuck in a sin trap or just need a spritual bump, In my line of work I'm out walking the streets surveying so I pass by lots of homeless people and young kids.

Last Friday I'm walking and across the street there is 3 homeless 2 young looking and an older looking man. I hear the young guy say he just got of jail and the girl ask the man if he had $10 they could borrow which he said no.

That's when I felt God tug on my heart that could I use this time to witness I hesitated and they take off, i get in my truck and I'm feeling uneasy so I drive down the street looking for them and I see them at the light waiting to cross I pass them by and park in the parking lot waiting for the lights to cycle back my way and when it does they didn't come in my direction so I'm like I tired but God said no I wasn't, so I get in my truck and drive back and made a right not knowing which way they went.

I drive a good 1/4 mile and there I see them on the left I drive pass them and turn at the next street and pull in to a empty lot when they pass I call to the guy he comes over and tell him that I heard they needed some money. And hand him some money then I started to witness to them the girl started crying and before we ended the conversation I asked if they wanted to accept Christ and they said yes so I lead them in prayer.

That was the first time I lead someone and I just started crying afterwards, I lost a brother when he was 18 and month later a cousin who was 19 so when I see young people like that it breaks my heart.

Just thought I share , since then I've witnessed to a group of high school kids 3 more homeless people 2 who accepted Christ it's just been a experience that I've been blessed by.

God Bless
Old 06-08-2018, 7:27 PM

Blessings my friend,

thank you for posting
Old 06-09-2018, 6:02 AM

God bless you for stepping out of your comfort zone.
Old 06-09-2018, 6:10 AM

Amen. Thanks for sharing! How many times do we pass up an opportunity that the Lord gives us. Wonderful to hear stories of when we do respond to the tug on our heart from the Lord.

God bless!

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther
Old 06-09-2018, 6:19 AM

thanks op for doing this for the less fortunate.(some people are like that)its that feeling that you have help someone in need. it gives you that certain high when you do that. a long time ago a friend priest once told me its what you do in others(good deed) that's make you feel fulfilled. just keep doing it one person in need at a time
Old 06-09-2018, 10:04 AM

I love that you surrender to God’s Will with such abandon and ACTIVELY LOVE strangers who at that moment really needed to know that GOD is present, and whom we know are also made in His image!
You are truly doing God’s work. The fact that you gave your own material things to help, that you gave your precious TIME, and that you gave your energy, and perhaps passed onto them a gift of Faith....that you took the opportunity to bring God to them through your charitable actions and prayers ...
your faith in God which led you to do God’s will, Man, you just won more souls for God!! (And I’m sure pissed off the devil) God Bless You, Man and May He give you even more strength and ability to bring God’s Love to many more people who feel abandoned or alone...

You may have helped them begin to find meaning in their bleakest hours by offering them Hope in God

Last edited by Burble74; 06-09-2018 at 12:05 PM..
Old 06-09-2018, 11:59 AM

Thank you guys for kind words and encouragement, yes it's starts by taking that step of faith then God does the rest.

There is a lot I left out because of time but I cried everytime after each encounter with Gods love and joy.

The one homeless man I spoke with and had accepted Christ, God told me to have faith with works so I bought him a subway gift card and after receiving it I think he just couldn't believe that someone would take the time and also give to him and he just started to cry I said God bless walked away crying also.

Praise and Glory be the one and true God YAHWEH.

God bless brothers
Old 06-11-2018, 8:42 AM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Wow, that's awesome!
Old 06-26-2018, 11:10 AM

Talking

All Glory to God as I write this that nobody may say of me that I'm saying look at me look how Holy iam or what not,I write to encourage and show how God has used this sinner.

So I tell you my brothers give yourself up to God 10000% so he may exalt us and edify us for his purpose and Glory

So as I wrote before I walk the streets for work and God has been using me to witness and even lead people to our Lord Christ,

Last Thursday I was walking and seen this guy sitting at a bus stop bench so I cross the street and say how's it going , he says he had better days , so I say I hope that it gets better and he said he didn't think so.

So I stand thinking what to say and God says I have my testimony so I tell him about my brothers death and cousins and I know life can be hard, then he looks at me with tears in his eyes and proceeds to tell me that his 3yr old daughter and 4yr old son where murdered and he said he was trying his best not to brake down.

I said I'm sorry I don't have the words to comprehend what he was going Through but that I was there because God sent me to talk to him and he looks at me and says he is a believer that was lost and going through hard times.

So I witness and remind him of Gods promises and that he has a purpose for everything and he says he could feel Gods presence as we talked , so he stands up and says if I could do him a favor I said yes what was it , he said if would bend a knee and pray with him I said of course so he got on both knees and prayed to God to guide him and help him and then I prayed for him.

As we where praying the bus pulls up then we stand up and he gets on and leaves. Word just can't explain what he is doing with me I do ask for prayers from my fellow brothers that I may stand strong through the trials and test that will come, but I stand strong on Gods word.

Just wanted to share God Bless.

Last edited by libertyordeath; 06-26-2018 at 11:13 AM..
Old 06-26-2018, 3:34 PM
Veteran Member

PTL for your honest efforts to pursue your spiritual instincts. Be Blessed in Jesus name.

Psalm 1
Old 06-26-2018, 3:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EihqXHqxri0

some of the younger folks seem to be embracing faith again
Old 06-26-2018, 4:21 PM
Veteran Member

Awesome congrats
Old 06-26-2018, 4:32 PM

That's awesome I don't watch mtv or any tv for the most part so I would've missed that Chris Pratt speech.

I know he has gotten a lot of hate but my wife showed me justin beiber singing at a church in cochella and saying he has recommitted his life to God. I pray that is true for he has a world of influence to this youth.

All praise be to God.
Old 06-26-2018, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyordeath View Post
All Glory to God as I write this that nobody may say of me that I'm saying look at me look how Holy iam or what not,I write to encourage and show how God has used this sinner.

So I tell you my brothers give yourself up to God 10000% so he may exalt us and edify us for his purpose and Glory

So as I wrote before I walk the streets for work and God has been using me to witness and even lead people to our Lord Christ,

Last Thursday I was walking and seen this guy sitting at a bus stop bench so I cross the street and say how's it going , he says he had better days , so I say I hope that it gets better and he said he didn't think so.

So I stand thinking what to say and God says I have my testimony so I tell him about my brothers death and cousins and I know life can be hard, then he looks at me with tears in his eyes and proceeds to tell me that his 3yr old daughter and 4yr old son where murdered and he said he was trying his best not to brake down.

I said I'm sorry I don't have the words to comprehend what he was going Through but that I was there because God sent me to talk to him and he looks at me and says he is a believer that was lost and going through hard times.

So I witness and remind him of Gods promises and that he has a purpose for everything and he says he could feel Gods presence as we talked , so he stands up and says if I could do him a favor I said yes what was it , he said if would bend a knee and pray with him I said of course so he got on both knees and prayed to God to guide him and help him and then I prayed for him.

As we where praying the bus pulls up then we stand up and he gets on and leaves. Word just can't explain what he is doing with me I do ask for prayers from my fellow brothers that I may stand strong through the trials and test that will come, but I stand strong on Gods word.

Just wanted to share God Bless.
That's a wonderful story of your faithfulness rewarded by our Lord. Thanks for sharing!

God bless,
Bill

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther
Old 06-26-2018, 6:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm with you Brother.
Old 06-26-2018, 7:14 PM

Nice work, OP. encouragement for tbe rest of us, too.
Old 07-05-2018, 1:59 PM

Way to be a Warrior of God! Your story really hit home and is a perfect example of how God works. I really admire you for this. We definitely need more of this these days!

God Bless you and your family!

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-13-2018, 12:51 PM

Thanks for listening to the Holy Spirts guidance. I often give money to beggars but before I do I pray over the money that the Holy Spirit anoint it and lead that person into a continuing line of people to save their soul. Oh, I have witnessed to those I feel lead to and preached on the streets at times here in the USA and in Okinawa out of a Christian Coffee House. I was once a Youth Pastor in the Assembles of God. It only takes being willing to take that first step. Thank you brother for reaching out and sharing!