Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2018, 4:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Default there are now "smart" prayer beads

well that's interesting. the computer company Acer is now manufacturing a "smart" mala that will connect to the users smart phone and record the amount of recited mantras. there is a chip located in the guru bead that records each time the user rotates the mala and sends the data to a smart phone where the user can view it and engage in other social media activities. once you have completed your set number of mantras for the day the beads will vibrate to let you know that you are done. the number of beads seems odd to me though, i have never seen a mala with only 14 beads. usually its 18, 27, 54 or 108. they say that they are currently only marketing them to buddhist organizations in taiwan and that they offer customization packages so maybe they purchaser can specify the number of beads they want. other then that the thing looks like it is manufactured with decent quality, beads look large, smooth and durable. it is a bit strange to have a dedicated charging station for beads though. its a bit pricey at $132, but high quality "normal" malas can cost more then that so it's not really a big deal.

the "special edition" is made out of rosewood and the charging station is also a bluetooth speaker and Asus is already thinking of manufacturing a similar product so i guess there is a demand for "smart prayer" beads not really my cup of tea, but i am sure someone out there will dig it.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/wearab...ap-beads-news/

burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns
Old 03-08-2018, 4:54 AM
Calguns Addict

The Lord says when we pray it should not be as some loudly. But to go in a closet and pray.
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 03-08-2018, 5:16 AM
Doesn't Abide
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Matthew 6:7
KJV

Last edited by Red-Osier; 03-09-2018 at 5:23 AM..
Old 03-08-2018, 8:49 PM
Veteran Member

So a budist fitbit for prayer?
Old 03-08-2018, 9:50 PM
Veteran Member

Wtf. For cereal? That’s just dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpaisa1 View Post
I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria526 View Post
I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself
Old 04-12-2018, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage View Post
The Lord says when we pray it should not be as some loudly. But to go in a closet and pray.
Doesn’t exactly mean you can’t pray out loud...it’s not, let me qualify...it’s not necessarily, a sin to pray out loud, but it is a sin to do it out of vanity...Jesus taught us the our father and of course one can say it aloud.

It simply means do not pray out loud for the sake of appearing pious, or looking saintly, or just to show off, as many people do, but even when we pray in the silence of our hearts, it is heard in Heaven.

In fact, there’s lots of evidence that people who have had death experiences, can hear the prayers of those on earth even when said privately! So pray to your hearts content as it is music to Gods ears....the world needs more prayers and where two or more are gathered in His name there He is in their midst

Last edited by Burble74; 04-12-2018 at 5:02 PM..
Old 04-12-2018, 5:01 PM

In terms of digital beads, I’m not one for mantras per S.E., but I have an app that has a rosary that I use when I have forgotten mine.

The rosary has the Our Father (paternoster) beads and the Hail Mary (“ave Maria” or “ hello, Mary”) beads and all the the glorious, joyful, sorrowful, luminous mysteries to focus on Christ’s life.
(The Hail Mary prayer is direct from scripture, hail meaning “greetings”not hail like all hail the king. It is part of the Angelus, an ancient prayer all Christians in Europe and Asia said at noon pre reformation)