Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > The CRPA Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The CRPA Forum News, Questions, and Discussion

Old 01-19-2017, 11:43 AM

Default Gun safety classes for kids

I live near Burro Canyon and haven't been up there in a while. I just want to ask if there are any childrens' gun safety classes and demonstrations offerred around here. My granddaughter shoots, since she was 12, but there are 4 grandsons 1-7, and I would like to get the older 3 out to join a class taught by someone who is good with kids about safely handling a gun, if they have to take it away from a younger child, or make sure the younger one doesn't get it.

I wouldn't know exactly how to tell them, so I want to leave it to a person that knows best. Sadly, our schools would have them run around and scream and shout. I also want to get them started with BB guns and/or .22 rifle and teach them cleaning and all the responsable stuff they need.

So, is anyone doing classes like this? Am I just crazy for asking? I have always felt that true hands on training is the best way to satisfy thier curousity before they do it the wrong way.

Those who choose safety over freedom are neither safe or free!
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)
“It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.” —- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson