Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 10-12-2018, 9:26 AM
Gravity Sucks
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT View Post
do you want to expound on the "drop in slide"? that doesnt sound custom and it doesnt sound like you sent your firearm into the company.

it sounds like you bought something already built and it didnt work on your frame.
Maybe custom wasn’t the correct term. According to Zev’s website: ZEV Technologies is well known for producing high quality, high performance after market parts for the majority of GLOCK® models.

Let me use better terminology, I thought I bought high quality, high performance after market parts for my Glock pistol.

I bought the following kit (cost $1000). which was sold pre-assembled as a complete side with an accompanying drop in trigger. Pics below:

2FE2D6DB-C870-47E1-988D-E4667E7629AC.jpg

31F24226-D1AC-4962-A3C6-EB13CF685845.jpg

As a factory certified Glock armorer, I am more than capable of installing a complete side on my frame. I also bought a dimpled Zev barrel at the same time and dropped it in.

The post for the RMR was improperly threaded and would not allow the screw to tighten. The small front sight screw (small part underneath) was literally broken in half. I returned the part which was sent back to Zev and I got another new slide that replaced the defective one.

In Zev’s defense, I am not sure if the slide comes preassembled from the factory. I didn’t ask. I was provided a replacement and I was happy with it...which is why I didn’t “expound” on it. But I expect a $1000 slide for a $500 pistol to be flawless. Maybe calling it a “complete piece of junk” was a bit harsh.

Here’s the completed pistol:

08A7EACD-219E-481B-95FB-87EE38E74C42.jpg

At the end of the day, I am a believer in what Glock teaches in their armorers course...a majority of the time when there is a problem with a Glock pistol, it’s due to an aftermarket part.

RIP SGT Mark Allen RLTW! I love you brother. ‘Til Valhall’...

Last edited by BarrettM99; 10-12-2018 at 9:50 AM..
Old 10-12-2018, 7:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

i see, thanks for the reply. i did want to specify "custom firearm" in my post because they truly just sent you a kit. unfortunately, their QA sucked, i feel you on that one.

comparing zev to agency or salient though is a bit nutty. neither put out the level of quality that zev does and yes, their stuff is far better than a factory glock. i agree with you though, aftermarket parts tend to cause problems. of course those problems are due to our desire to have a faster, flatter, more accurate glock.

i bought a raw slide from them first which they built in-house how i wanted. i then fit that finished product to a frame i had from my g35 similar to how you did:

my second g35 i had them build wholly in-house:

Old 10-12-2018, 7:45 PM
Gravity Sucks
CGN Contributor

Very nice

RIP SGT Mark Allen RLTW! I love you brother. ‘Til Valhall’...
Old 10-13-2018, 9:40 AM

I personally am more of a close to Stock Glock kind of guy.

I add a G35 Slide Release, an Extended Mag Release, a 4lb Striker Spring and better sights, and trim the trigger safety back flush with the trigger face. And then shoot it..

As a Machine Shop owner it is hard for me to understand what you can do to a Glock Slide for $1000? Even if you made it from scratch. They aren't that complicated.

But I can understand why someone would pay that much to customize a $500 gun. It's because this is America and we are Relatively Free ( As long as you guys actually vote!!!!!) and can do pretty much anything we can afford to do.

As far as these $ mods making you a better shooter? , I personally think you'd be better off spending your money on Professional Training, but that's just me.

Randy

Anyone on this site who doesn't vote in this next Election needs to be beaten, get off your arses! And if you're a Democrat reading this,,, Wake the F up!
Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 10-13-2018 at 9:44 AM..