Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 05-11-2013, 5:01 PM

Default 80% Lower Group Buy **Grp 2 still open until 6/30** - TR Enabling Gen 2 - $67.50 each

Hi CalGunners,

Thanks for checking out the Group 2 portion of the TR Enabling Gen 2 Pre-Release Group Buy. Group 2 started on 6-4-13. It will open for orders until 6/30/13. Then we should see shipments leaving the factory 3 weeks later.

UPDATE 6/20/13: The first lot of lowers has left the factory and is enroute. I am waiting for the tracking # to confirm, but they should be here by 3:30 pm today. I need to sort my order spreadsheet and advise the cutoff invoice # for this lot. I will do that this afternoon. I will also have the ship date for the next lot by tomorrow afternoon. I will post that date asap. Thanks everyone for your patience. Your wait is almost over. As more PM's and orders are coming in than I have been able to reply to each evening, I am still a bit behind. I am pulling an all nighter tonight to do engraving and process orders, payments and PM's. I will make sure that all orders are processed in the order that they were received so that my delay in processing will not result in a delay of your delivery.

6/20/13 attendees - I may be able to meet some of you tonight if you are receiving raw lowers. I will confirm shortly. We will need to coordinate by text or email, not PM. It is just too slow.

The next lot of 100 pcs. should be shipping by Monday 6/24/13, then another 100 by Thursday and so on. I also got a picture of our very first lower that was approved by QC. Here she is:

I will keep everyone posted as I get new info.[/B]

Info that you need to know:

-> The price per raw 80% AR-15 lower is $67.50. There is no discount for multiple lowers on one order beyond the savings on shipping.

-> Shipping charges: 1-3 lowers ship for a flat charge of $6.95. 4-10 lowers ship for a flat fee of $9.95. Then $9.95 per 10 lowers thereafter. Lowers can not be picked up me on the day of machining. You must have them in hand already when you come in to machine your lowers.

-> Anodizing: If you want your lower anodized black, you want it type III hardcoat anodized... Period. Type II is only used for color like red, blue, orange, etc.
Type III hardcoat anodizing of 80% lower: $12.50 per lower (this adds a few days to the ship date of your order)
Type III hardcoat anodizing of 100% lower: $42.50 per lower (this option is only available if you are able to meet FTF to give me your lower after it is machined. You are then providing it to me for gunsmithing service. I will then have it media blasted, anodized and inspected. The lowers will then be ready for pickup.

-> Engraving: Engraving services are currently available for any firearm. I can do DEEP METAL ENGRAVING and SURFACE ENGRAVING. For those not familiar with surface engraving, here's a shot of a lower that I engraved this weekend.

(More sample pics coming this week)

-> How to order: First, note here on the thread "PM Sent"
When placing an order by PM, please provide the following:
Name:
Shipping address:
Email:
Contact Ph:
Order details:
Qty of lowers:
Anodizing of 80% lower (type II or III):
If choosing to have your 80% anodized, the default type of anodizing I have done is Black Type III hardcoat. Only choose type II ano if requesting bright colors. Please note that type II scratches easily.
Engraving requirements:
Surface or Deep Metal Engraving:
What do you want engraved?

Common requests: Fire/Safe markings, Standard Text (Model, Caliber,
Serial #, Mfg Name, City of Mfg., Logos on either right or left side of
magwell.

-> Payment: Once I receive your order details, I will send you an invoice via the Paypal invoicing system. This is the best way to keep track of orders and payments received. If you would like to pay via Paypal (buyer to cover all fees), you have two options. You can pay the invoice directly (best if using a credit card for payment) or you can use the Send Money tab of PP. From there, you select "I'm sending money to family or friends". Then follow the on screen prompts from there. If using this option, please subtract the Paypal fee noted on your invoice before sending payment.

-> Finishing your lower in SD: If you are interested in completing your lower at one of the TR Enabling group buy machining days, please note that on your order. I have arranged a group buy special rate of $50 per lower. This is because the machinist only has to set up once for the day, then let the customers machine their lowers at a more efficient pace.
Payment for machining will be paid directly to the shop the day of your machining. The first TR Enabling Only machining day is 6/22/13. The schedule is going up soon. The second TR Only day will likely be a weekday. I am working on that scheduling now.

-> Jigs: Jigs are available for $145 each. These jigs are customized JL Billet jigs. They are production quality jigs with hardened steel drill bushings on for high volume, high precision use. Please see the Jigs section below for more details.

*** PLEASE SEE THE BOTTOM SECTION OF THIS POST FOR DETAILS ON ANODIZING, 7075, AR-10, and JIGS.***

The TR Enabling Gen 2 lowers have some very nice improvements. First, the magwells are now broached, rather than machined. This results in a perfectly cut magwell every time. Here's a teaser pic of the Gen 2 broached magwell beside the Gen 1 machined magwell:

The lowers are now vibra-polished to mechanically harden them, completely debur all surfaces and give a smooth matte finish (similar to the appearance of forged aluminum). This means faster prep times for coating or anodizing.

Thanks to everyone for your patience.
Engraving:

Deep Laser Engraving or Post Coating Engraving pricing for this group buy
Text Only - $20 reduced to $18
Text plus one graphic on one side of magwell - $50 reduced to $45
Text plus a graphic on each side of the magwell - $75 reduced to $70
** I can easily convert most black and white graphics to vector format from jpegs and gifs at no additional charge. However, if you have a complicated image in other than vector format (common vector formats are eps, svg, dxf, dwg) I have a graphic artist available for $50/hour. Most images can be done in an hour or less.
Here are the images of the two Gen 1 lowers I engraved for my laser demo. The image engraved on the raw aluminum is only engraved to about .002" deep as it was simply demo as proof of the laser's capability. Deep Metal Engraving orders will be engraved approximately three times deeper for great contrast.

For each person buying a lower, you also receive the following discounts on other items that I offer:
Pmag 30 Rd Rebuild Kits (Gen M2, Black): $25 each
Standard mil spec LPK - Mag Phosphate coated kit - $72.50 each
Enhanced mil spec LPK - Mag Phosphate coated kit with polished friction surfaces - $80.00
*** The LPK's are also supplied by TR. These prices are based on purchases of 100+ pcs. Therefore we need to include these as part of the group buy.
$25 off any Rguns complete upper - contact me for current inventory. Prices range from $625 for a 16" Black Magpul MOE M4 upper w/YHM A2 sight tower, bcg to to $795 for a 16" Black complete upper with 7" quad rail, YHM flip up front site and Vortex flash hider and all kinds of uppers priced in between. Our supplier ships us new stock weekly. Sizes range from 16" to 20" rifle uppers.

Please PM any questions and note here on the thread "Question sent". Unfortunately I there is no notification for PM's.

Thanks for making this a great group buy people!

Charlie

***** UPDATED INFO ***************

AR-10 Lowers

The AR-10 lowers are still in final development. However, the gen 2 release has taken priority for the moment. The info on them will be released in the next couple of weeks. I hope to have news of the release of RGuns complete 308 uppers by the end of this week. The TR 308 80% lowers are coming out soon. I will have info in two weeks or less.

JIGS

I have a quote coming from the guys at TR for the group buy price. However, for those of you looking to do more than a couple of lowers with your jig, I have a very good solution for you. The jigs made by JL Metals are very robust and well designed. The side plates have hardened steel insets to preserve the original tolerances of the jig. Jigs without these inserts are subject to damage by the bits used during machining.

The standard JL jig doesn't accomodate the TR lower. However, they have offered to CNC modify the jig to create a perfect fit for the TR lowers for us. This will leave an unanodized area on the inside of the side plates, but that will not affect the life of your jig. The price for the modified jig is $150. I will need to give them a count on the first round of jigs within a week to deliver them with the very first shipment of 80's. Just let me know you want one and I will add it to your invoice. If you have already paid for your order, I can just create a second order with your original invoice number with "-JLJig" after it to help insure that all jigs are shipped with your lowers order.

7075 INFO

My apologies, but the 7075-T6 lowers aren't bring quoted at the moment. That's because the guys at TR are trying to get decent pricing on the 7075 aluminum stock. The pricing has gone way out of line due to massive increases in demand throughout the firearms industry. They will release pricing on the 7075 lowers within the next couple of months. My apologies. I will get that info posted as soon as it is available.
For those concerned with the hardness of the 6061-T6 (I will just reference 6061 from here on out) aluminum alloy, simply type III hardcoat your lower for optimum performance.

Anodizing
I was able to negotiate a special price on type II and type III hardcoat anodizing for the gen 2 80% lowers. I will need to take at least 50 pcs. in at once to get this pricing, but based on current order volumes, I don't think that we will have an issue there. Black only for this price.
80% lower, type III hardcoat anodized, $12.50 each
There is a two day-3 day turn time for anodizing.

I can also do small runs of 100% lowers to my plater with finished lowers, but only in groups of 4 pcs. per day. The price for anodizing each 100% lower is $42.50 each.
Please note that this will require FFL's to ship the lowers back and forth if you are out of the area and unable to drive down to SD for drop off and delivery of your lower.

I hope that I can address any concerns that you guys have. Please PM me any questions you have after reading this first post. Thanks for making this group buy successful.

Charlie
www.C4Precision.com

Last edited by C4Charlie; 06-20-2013 at 8:22 AM.. Reason: Updated the order requirements section.
Old 05-11-2013, 5:52 PM

Where's your shop located?
Old 05-11-2013, 6:02 PM

Will these lowers fit and work into Quentin Defenses jig?
Old 05-11-2013, 6:11 PM

Hi Peterhungle - San Diego

JT183 - I haven't tried them in other jigs, but since both have flared magwells and enhanced trigger guards, there should be no issue. If you local to SD, come to my machining days, we have a jig that works for all mfg's lower so far.

Thanks guys!
Charlie
www.C4Precision.com
Old 05-11-2013, 6:49 PM

Hey charlie, I live in San Diego as well. Any chance that I can do the machining at your shop, as well as pick up the lower in person? Also, do you offer an option to Anodize?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-11-2013, 9:23 PM

Hi Dung8604,

Yes sir. I should have the first delivery in before the next machining day (5/25). If not, I will be arranging another machining day two weeks later.
You may pick up in person, however because this is a group buy, all payments need to be paid ASAP so that I can send payment in for our order. There are absolutely no 80% lowers to be delivered on machining days. This is to remain compliant with the current rules regarding 80% completion.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Charlie
www.C4Precision.com
Old 05-11-2013, 9:26 PM

Sorry, yes, we do have a discounted anodizing option. My plater will take these in 4 per run for a charge of $150 ($37.50 each). Since they have a limit of four per day, we will need to coordinate a schedule of small group jobs as the requests come in.

Thanks again,
Chatkie
www.C4Precision.com

Last edited by C4Charlie; 05-20-2013 at 11:52 PM..
Old 05-11-2013, 10:27 PM

Do you have any jigs for sale or are there any that you know to work with this 80% lower?

Last edited by bphage; 05-11-2013 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: Sub'd
Old 05-11-2013, 10:29 PM

will you be offering these anodized or no?
Old 05-11-2013, 10:42 PM

BPhage - I can certainly offer the TR jigs although if you planned on doing lots of lowers, you may need one that has tool steel inserts. That type of jig can be run many times more than a standard jig. I am certain that the cnc80 jigs will work quite well as they were designed for flared magwells and enhanced trigger guards. If you are local to SD, you can borrow my jig. I bought it for use in my laser engraver. However that is just over four weeks out. Just let me know. I'm happy to help.

TurboMrDeuce,
I am willing to have them anodized or cerakoted upon request. However it is always ideal (from a metallurgic standpoint) to anodize post machining. The type 3 hardcoat is then able to coat all of the freshly machined surfaces. Thus giving the added strength to the highest stressed areas.
However, if you need the lowers coated first, just tell me how many you need done. I believe those can be done in larger groups since they are not firearms. I can supply a quote on supplying them anodized by Monday afternoon.

Thanks again,
Charlie
www.C4Precision.com
Old 05-11-2013, 11:15 PM

Great news Charlie, can't wait for your engraver to arrive... sign me up, by then my second lower will be here. I will send pm when you get your engraver set up.
Old 05-12-2013, 5:52 AM

Default Why 6061?

Curious as to the difference between 6061 and 7075
Old 05-12-2013, 1:46 PM

Hi ScottW,

I am happy to answer that question. 7075-T6 Aluminum is about 50% stronger than 6061-T6 in its raw state and is less porous (at the molecular level). However, Colt found the strength of the 6061 alloy to be great enough to design it in as the raw material for the original M16 rufke. Using type III hardcoat anodizing you increase tye hardness by approximately 33% (from 60 to 80 rockwell). That's why it is the industry standard.
Now before the AR guys jump on me here, the first revision of the M16 by Colt included the change to 7075-T6 alloy aluminum. However, the change was not due to hardness issues. It was due to corrosion resistance to the severe conditions found in Southeast Asia. Even with hardcoating the constant humidity, grit and heavy use led to accelerated fatigue of the aluminum. The change also mandated chrome lining if the barrel for the same reason.

Therefore the civilian market is quite well served by the 6061-T6 alloys. That being said, I have asked for a quote from the factory, but they said the 7075s are a ways out due to overinflated priced of 7075-T6 aluminum due to market demand.

Please let me know if that answers your question. I realize that it was a bit of a long answer.

Thanks,
Charlie
www.C4Precision.com

Last edited by C4Charlie; 05-19-2013 at 8:01 PM..
Old 05-13-2013, 8:50 AM

Post deleted - Applied to first version of the Group Buy.
www.C4Precision.com

Last edited by C4Charlie; 05-15-2013 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: old info deleted
Old 05-13-2013, 10:19 AM

Your engraving service makes this very tempting! I will be in touch after you get the quote on the 7075. Any plans to complete these using a cnc? or will everyone be "on their own". Feel free to PM
Old 05-13-2013, 10:31 AM

How soon will you be ordering and shipping? Where will the milling to finish be done & what are the projected dates and cost to finish?

Thanks

Last edited by indobos72; 05-13-2013 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: REread thread
Old 05-13-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indobos72 View Post
How soon will you be ordering and shipping? Where will the milling to finish be done & what are the projected dates and cost to finish?

Thanks
I did the math for my case, local pick up.

147.50 for text only and anodized
177.50 for text and image, anodized.

Machining cost has not been announced, and probably depends on who you go to.

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Calguns Addict

PM sent.
CGN
Old 05-13-2013, 1:11 PM

interested in the 7075 version
Old 05-13-2013, 1:21 PM

Pm sent
Old 05-13-2013, 7:26 PM

pm sent
Old 05-14-2013, 7:50 AM

Good morning everyone.

I am still working on replies to yesterday's PM's. However, I need everyone to take a look at the original post in this thread. I received incredible news last night from the owners of TR. The buy has been revised to give unheard of pricing for the lowers.

Thanks for all of the orders folks. Again, I will contact each of you to go over order revisions / invoice reductions.

Have a great day!
Charlie
www.C4Precision.com
Old 05-14-2013, 8:23 AM

Pm sent
Old 05-14-2013, 8:25 AM

PM sent
Old 05-14-2013, 8:29 AM

Pm sent
Old 05-14-2013, 8:46 AM

Wingnut, your pm was received and replied to sir.

Peterhungle, please resend your pm as it was NOT received for some reason. Sorry about that.

Charlie
www.C4Precision.com
Old 05-14-2013, 8:58 AM

PM sent
Old 05-14-2013, 9:41 AM

Tagging for 7075
Old 05-14-2013, 9:48 AM

PM sent
Old 05-14-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyl View Post
Waiting for 7075.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crease View Post
Tagging for 7075
Same here. Either way, this is probably the best deal on Calguns right now
Quote:
Destruction is the way of life, destruction, mayhem, havoc, strife. - Bobby Blitz
Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the orders guys. I can't believe how many have come in so far. You guys are great. I am sending a bundled payment in every time I have payments for 100 lowers. This will keep each group moving as fast as possible. All orders will have TRGB numbers assigned for easy tracking.

Thanks also for the engraving requests. I am going to start working on artwork at the end of this week and sending proofs out for approval. Again, vector files are best, but not required.

Loving the 7075 tags guys. I will keep pushing for info. Hopefully the materials cost goes down soon as supplies replenish.

Have great day!
Charlie
www.C4Precision.com
Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the props Elwood Blues!

Charlie
www.C4Precision.com
Old 05-14-2013, 11:20 AM

Default Lower

PM sent
Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 AM

Thumbs up for the great CS. Look forward to the lowers.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member

thank you
Old 05-14-2013, 11:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

tagged
Old 05-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member

Tag for interest.

Any chance of getting the jigs into this deal from them as well?
Old 05-14-2013, 1:51 PM

Tag for 7075 also. Would love to build another
Old 05-14-2013, 2:08 PM

Any pics?
Sig SP2022 9mm
Kahr CW9
Cricket 22lr in pink
Ruger 10/22 take down
Aero precision 308
Spikes Snowflake 224 Valkyrie
Old 05-14-2013, 2:17 PM
Veteran Member