Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 12:43 PM

Default Shooters Warehouse in Rancho Cordova

So I was supposed to pick up my lower from Shooters Warehouse in Rancho at 1:30 today. I took time off from work and I drive all the way there only to find a sign that says " closed for inventory ". Why would they not tell me that 10 days ago that they would be closed today?Am I right for being really pissed off right now?? They could have at least been honest and posted a sign saying " Closed for Super Bowl "

Last edited by Teohenwhy; 02-03-2013 at 1:09 PM..
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51 PM

Sorry bout the pick up, but thanks I was going to go check the place out today.

And yes I'd be PO'd also
Old 02-03-2013, 1:05 PM

I work around Rancho area, on Friday I stop by Shooters Warehouse for the first on my lunch break. I walked in the store with three customers and three people work there but I was standing there for like 6 or more minutes and the guy behind the counter just looking at me without offering any customer service so I walked out and not coming back again. Beside, they don't have that many guns and they're over price. Bad customer service.

Last edited by david68888; 02-03-2013 at 1:07 PM..
Old 02-03-2013, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david68888 View Post
I work around Rancho area, on Friday I stop by Shooters Warehouse for the first on my lunch break. I walked in the store with three customers and three people work there but I was standing there for like 6 or more minutes and the guy behind the counter just looking at me without offering any customer service so I walked out and not coming back again. Beside, they don't have that many guns and they're over price. Bad customer service.
The lady that works there is real nice. Always greets all customers. A guy that I think is the manager is real nice as well. However, there are a couple of younger guys there that has the typical gun store employee attitude. One of them just stared at me while I walked right in front of him at the counter. Not one word from him. No one else in the store. I turned around and walked out. Went to another store that treats their customers with respect and spent my money there.

Hopefully management sees this and decides on taking action like customer service training. I understand most store are selling everything they have but it will slow down soon and the stores that survive will be the ones that treat their customers right.

MTG in Elk Grove is one of those stores that will last. Great service.
Old 02-03-2013, 3:59 PM

Shooters Warehouse is pretty crappy. Overpriced and horrible selection (even prior to the crazed buying). Shooters Warehouse with the crap CS is still a billion times better than the POS staff at Sac Black Rifle though. They have no issue price gouging and being complete a holes at the same time. At least most other places are still nice to the customer while charging absurd prices.

As sactobill stated, MTG is a great shop. Their inventory is almost depleted, but great customer service and they are not price gouging.
Old 02-04-2013, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teohenwhy View Post
Am I right for being really pissed off right now?? They could have at least been honest and posted a sign saying " Closed for Super Bowl "
I have picked up two weapons in the past 60 days, each time I called the vendor the day before to verify all was ok, and the best time to come by.

I am picking up another handgun on Saturday, and will do the same check. The vendor for this last weapon worried me with their multiple person system, it was 3 different people from payment to paperwork, and I was worried that my gun would not be clearly marked with my name and SOLD. I made the last person prove to me that my gun wasn't with the guns that are available for sale, and mine had my name attached.

I was at Shooter Warehouse last mid week, about 2pm, the service was a little slow for the time of day and only one other customer, however the guy I dealt with was helpful and pleasant. I priced 3 or 4 guns, and their prices were fair. However one guy either the owner or manager, an older guy, sets a bad example. After I arrived 3 or 4 more customers come in the door and some were waiting for help. The older guy comes out, completely ignored them and stood, not helping anyone, nor was he doing anything else, and after a few minutes disappears into the back.

However I had the same experience at a Rancho Cordova gun store recently too. In this case I was told to talk to the owner, who made no effort to welcome me to his store since it was my first visit, and acted like it was a bother to even answer any questions. In fact he was just standing at one counter drinking a coke, not doing anything when the other sales person told me to go talk to him.
Old 02-04-2013, 4:49 AM

I personally have had nothing but greta customer service, this is one of the most friendly PPT shops in town.. And even with all this drama they aren't price gouging like other shops ( SAC BLACK RIFLE)

I agree the inventory is thin, this is because of all the panic
Old 02-04-2013, 5:19 PM

I've had decent service at the Antelope branch. It does seem like it is hard to find employees that have any customer service skills in a lot of gun shops for some reason.
Old 02-04-2013, 6:51 PM

Antelope shooters warehouse has always been great to me. All employees are friendly. As far as the rancho store, went once and il never go back. Walked in and the guy behind the counter was an A hole immediately.
Old 03-02-2013, 8:54 PM

The kids ( mainly younger guys) at the Rancho Shooters warehouse do fair job. I have not transferred any guns there but the purchases I made have been fair priced and they seem willing to help from behind the counter. I almost feel bad reading that some people don't like them cause they seemed pretty cool there to me.
Old 03-02-2013, 9:18 PM

That store is just around the corner from me, but I haven't been in there yet.
Just for a point of clarification, the store is not in Rancho Cordova; it's in Rosemont, a community of Sacramento. That said, I wonder how they will do there. That shopping center has seen more than its' share of failures. I don't know how that West Marine store has survived this long
Old 03-05-2013, 8:27 AM

The one in Citrus Heights is great! I have never had any problems there and everyone is very friendly. Great customer service.
Old 03-09-2013, 6:00 PM

Do they usually have ammo in stock?
Old 03-14-2013, 9:21 PM

Shooters warehouse in citrus heights has always been very professional! I've purchased handguns and done a few PPTs

Michelle has always provided great customer service, no matter how busy the store is.

I was in there about a month ago and they didn't have much of the cheap ammo left. But they will price match!
Old 03-18-2013, 5:44 PM

I have also never had issues at the location off micron blvd. they pretty much let you browse and wait for you to ask questions. Friendly group of guys. I found the prices fair there too. Will be going back for accessories as well.
Old 03-19-2013, 3:08 AM

Quote:
That's good to know I will be avoiding that store, I really don't like an uninviting business with bad customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryououki View Post
Shooters Warehouse is pretty crappy. Overpriced and horrible selection (even prior to the crazed buying). Shooters Warehouse with the crap CS is still a billion times better than the POS staff at Sac Black Rifle though.
I have had one bad experience at Sacramento Black Rifle and that was only because the store was busy and all staff were helping other people. Other than that they are usually very inviting and friendly.

Wants:
Remington M700, M1 Garand, AK-47, Build an AR
-------
NRA Member
Registered Voter
Old 03-19-2013, 3:56 AM

I've done two PPT here in the last six months and its now my preferred location. The staff have all been good to me and have gone the extra mile.

Yes, the wait times for help have been long (in January), but that was everywhere.

I have zero reservations recommending them.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 PM

MTG is new and has good service...nice selection of guns too, just not much ammo in stock...seems like the older stores like River City Gun Exchange have the hook-ups on guns and ammo
Old 04-04-2013, 12:45 AM

Last month I stopped by River City to grab some 9mm. I was surprised at the high price! Found it cheaper at another shop.
Old 04-09-2013, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Same thing happened to me. Bad service
Old 05-12-2013, 2:57 PM

Default I agree...

You guys want great service go to Barnwood Arms in Ripon CA next to Modesto. All the employees there are awesome. At ****tywarehouse only a couple of the guys there are cool. The owner is a cocky little **** that thinks his crap dont stink...

It's time to take our country back....
Remember when guns are OUTLAWED....
Only OUTLAWS will have guns....
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 PM

When you work with people who make $8/hr I wouldn't expect too much from them. You're right, they should have told you but it reflects poor mgmt more than anything.
Old 06-12-2013, 2:33 PM

I have to agree....I went into the Rosemont store and the customer service I got was crap.....I was treated like I was bothering them to be there and I was there to spend money on a handgun. They had the gun in stock and were about the only ones in town that did...so I showed up ready to buy....left after 10 minutes and went to another store that had the same item but more money and I paid it...Wild Bill's treated me like I mattered not like I was a problem
30+ Years Experience with the 1911 family of pistols. I love anything that goes bang or boom.
Old 06-26-2013, 9:17 PM

Only have had good experiences at SH on Micron. Go all the time.
Old 06-26-2013, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selong View Post
Only have had good experiences at SH on Micron. Go all the time.

they are my FFL of choice love that place
Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 AM

Went there last weekend and everytime I turned around someone was asking me if I needed help. Was at Rancho Cordova guns and ammo last Friday and was treated like c'@p.
Old 07-28-2013, 6:53 PM

I love shooters warehouse off micron ave
Old 08-06-2013, 4:04 PM

I have yet to walk into a gun store where the guy behind the counter wants to chat. Sure, they'll talk, but you need to start the conversation. It's as if these "sales people" are shy for some strange reason.

Put me behind the counter and I'd sell the crap out of guns... people would be happy. buying a gun is a big deal. Many people are nervous about it... and it gets worse when the guy behind the counter doesn't say hi, or acts annoyed when you ask a question (*cough, cough*) Gun Room in EG. (But it's not just them, most, if not all in the Sacto area are like that.)
Old 08-07-2013, 9:53 PM

Guinness68 has it pegged. It is interesting how the retail gun business seems to operate. I have been going to gun stores for 40 years, and it is a common theme that gun shop employees are generally really poor at educating the customer, and walking them through the process of choosing and purchasing a gun. It is very frustrating to witness this when its clear that the customer is new to guns and needs some constructive direction. Several time I have had to bit my tongue, when I knew what the customer was looking for to make a decision, and the counter person just did not give it to him. I too feel like if I ever needed a job I could be top salesman in a month at several stores I been too and watched how they deal with their customers.
Old 08-08-2013, 1:27 AM
Veteran Member

Arrow LOL Dohhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldXD71 View Post
When you work with people who make $8/hr I wouldn't expect too much from them. You're right, they should have told you but it reflects poor mgmt more than anything.
That's not an elitist statement at all is it... Maybe next time you should use a phone and call them to make sure they are going to be open.. I' am just saying....

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Old 08-11-2013, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wweigle View Post
Guinness68 has it pegged. It is interesting how the retail gun business seems to operate. I have been going to gun stores for 40 years, and it is a common theme that gun shop employees are generally really poor at educating the customer, and walking them through the process of choosing and purchasing a gun. It is very frustrating to witness this when its clear that the customer is new to guns and needs some constructive direction. Several time I have had to bit my tongue, when I knew what the customer was looking for to make a decision, and the counter person just did not give it to him. I too feel like if I ever needed a job I could be top salesman in a month at several stores I been too and watched how they deal with their customers.

The only place I've actually felt like someone wanted to sell me a gun was at TDS guns. Everywhere else is like what you've described.
Old 08-12-2013, 1:28 AM

I agree, customer service is the biggest thing I look for in a company. I can relate but it was a different type of store. The first store lost a $5,500 sale to it's competitor.
Old 12-21-2013, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalNative View Post
I've done two PPT here in the last six months and its now my preferred location. The staff have all been good to me and have gone the extra mile.

Yes, the wait times for help have been long (in January), but that was everywhere.

I have zero reservations recommending them.
I need to revise my earlier comment as I recently just had a pretty bad experience at Shooters Warehouse. I PPT a shotgun that was cosmetically pretty beat up (police trade in the past I'm told). So I do the PPT and arranged for Shooters Warehouse to strip it down and check it over and have it cerakoted. I was told it would be done within the DROS period. Great.

I got it back and it was black, not the sniper gray I had ordered. I had to point this out, no QC on their side at all. They offered to comp the gun smith fee, which was good. I lucked out really as I don't really care about the color because this will be a beater, but it was a pretty major mistake and would not have been ok if it had happened on the majority of the pieces that I own. I assume that the vast majority of times, people are very particular on the choice of cerakote color.

So I got it home and realized that the magazine tube extension that was on it wasn't there. I called them up and their only response was "we know, come back and we'll put it on." To me, as soon as you know that you left parts off a customer's firearm, you call. Don't wait, call right away.

After I've gone through the gun some more, I really don't think that the smith at Shooters Warehouse inspected it at all. The springs and such were covered in some old crusty gunk that would have been broken free during inspection. And yes, the service that I paid for and expected was a thorough check out and update, not simply a function check.

I received no apology, just excuses. I do not trust them to do any service work in the future.

I would still use them for PPT, but nothing else.
Old 12-31-2013, 4:53 AM

Lover shooters on micron i buy all my Toys there. Plus they price match anyone's price in sac. And sixth gun you buy from them is at cost