Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExiled View Post
Interested in the rules for the Outbreak Range.. rapid fire, multiple weapons on your person, use your own knife, etc
A few of your questions are answered here
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=620333
Not sure why they closed the thread...
Old 09-26-2012, 2:11 PM

Is anyone from the SF Bay area headed down?

I'm still a lil fuzzy with the need or no need for a signup?

My wife and I would love to attend, and have family in Ventura, so I need to know what the approx start/stop hours are etc..
Old 09-26-2012, 2:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennasixty8 View Post
Is anyone from the SF Bay area headed down?

I'm still a lil fuzzy with the need or no need for a signup?

My wife and I would love to attend, and have family in Ventura, so I need to know what the approx start/stop hours are etc..
Check with Calgunner niki, he posted up earlier in this thread (post #14) asking if anybody wants to carpool from San Jose area.

Yes, you will need to register for this event. It's limited to 300 people only.

Approx start/end time is 4pm till 11pm.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Old 09-26-2012, 3:11 PM

I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but I have registered and ready to see what happens.

I am assuming I need to bring my own targets and stands, since there will be some lighting provided?
Old 09-26-2012, 3:25 PM

Hey, I need to part # for that mount.. I am doing the same thing to my ride.. Where did you buy the mounts for that set up?
Old 09-26-2012, 3:27 PM
Calguns Addict

How do I sign up for this event?
Old 09-26-2012, 3:38 PM

Click on the link and pay the fees...

...LINK...
Old 09-26-2012, 4:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokak View Post
I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but I have registered and ready to see what happens.

I am assuming I need to bring my own targets and stands, since there will be some lighting provided?
Yes, bring your own target's and stands. Burro will have target's for sale $5 each. Fruit's, veggies, melons, bowling pins make great targets too. We will have some target's place out on the firing line for everyone also.

Just remember, no metal targets are allowed at Burro, and this includes the target frame.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Old 09-26-2012, 4:20 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
How do I sign up for this event?
see sig info

Last edited by FastFinger; 09-28-2012 at 9:23 AM..
Old 09-26-2012, 5:40 PM

Anyone order glow sticks? It would be cool to buy a whole bunch and break them into a water bottle
Old 09-26-2012, 5:50 PM

All signed up and ready to go. For the zombie range, how many passes can you run through? Is it just one time run. With 300 people, is there enough targets to accommodate the number of people?
Old 09-26-2012, 5:55 PM
Veteran Member

Default SF Bay area, the "NORCAL POSSE".

To the brave NORCAL Calgunners, the real ones, not the posers and keyboard commandos.

The Zombie Zone is approximately 400 miles from our homes.

If we don't kill the ZOMBIES in LA, they will come to us, better to kill them while they are a SOCAL problem. Helping our SOCAL brothers in arms will set the stage that if we get ZOMBIE attacks up here, they will come help us.

Our duty is to quickly travel across Pacheco Pass, proceed rapidly down the I5 and through the "Grapevine" till we get to the I210.

We will have "refuel and driver changes" along the way so that when we arrive, we are sharp and ready to blast ZOMBIES.

We will muster at the San Jose Airport Car rental center, due to the high mileage of the event, we will not risk personal vehicles breaking down.

We will go with smaller, fast and fuel efficient vehicles so that way we can maintain a convoy speed of 70mph plus.

With 2 to 3 persons per vehicle, non drivers can rest and we will have room for our gear.

This is a mission where we expect everyone to be "heavily armed". Remember, we can't just kill the Zombies, they are already dead, so head shots that blow the heads completely off are the only sure way to stop them.

We are in for a "massive firefight", so we need to bring a lot of ammunition because resupplies may not come.

This EPIC battle will be brutal, we will ATTACK at 4pm and blast everyone of those MF Zombies. The task will be tough, it will be a battle than will run into the night and many of us may have vision issues with the all the gun flashes that will be going off.

We just have to hold the Zombies off till 11pm, then our duty will be done. At that point we will make run back to the SF Bay area.

If you don't bring enough ammo, then you may be eaten or infected by the Zombies. Either of these would really ruin your day.

Guns can jam, so bring backups because this is not a time you want to find out you don't have a functioning gun.

I am bringing

2 ARS, one BB and one featureless and around 400 rounds of ammo.
2 12 guage shotguns and at least 100 rounds of ammo.
2 45 caliber pistols and at least 200 rounds of ammo.

I am ready to eliminate at least 100 Zombies and if we all pull together, we can be the 300 who made a stand just like the brave 300 Spartans who changed history.

The Spartans kicked the Persians ***. Our task is nothing compared to theirs.
Some of us may not make it out alive, and we will pay honor to our brothers and sisters who fall.

Unlike the "sheeple" who populate our state, we are not controlled by fear, we own our fear, that is why will win.

Failure is not an option, we are fighting for our homes, our families, our honor.
We are the Calguns Special Forces, we are the "Warriors".

We will end the ZOMBIE TYRANNY just like William Wallace ended English Tyranny. See clip below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrrBs8JBQo

Okay, being a bit melodramatic, I was on a roll.
Come down and have a blast.

This will be an Epic 20 hours of your life, with us car sharing, we can get 2 to 4 hrs rest going to and from each way.

Car rentals will be around 40 to 50 dollars(I like full coverage) for the day, we get vehicles that get 30mpg plus, so at 800 miles, we will burn 26 to 30 gallons of fuel. Figure 120 to 140 for gas.

Trip costs for two people, roughly 80 dollars,
For 3, figure roughly 60 dollars.

Range fees, ammo, food and beverages , T shirts extra of course.
Memories and bonding we have with others, "PRICELESS".

Nicki
Old 09-26-2012, 7:29 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki View Post
This EPIC battle will be brutal, we will ATTACK at 4pm and blast everyone of those MF Zombies. The task will be tough, it will be a battle than will run into the night and many of us may have vision issues with the all the gun flashes that will be going off.

We just have to hold the Zombies off till 11pm, then our duty will be done. At that point we will make run back to the SF Bay area.

Nicki
Nicki:

Your willingness to go to such great lengths in service to your fellow Californians shows courage that is an inspiration to us all!

To commemorate your dedication and snappy attire ZORT Command has authorized that you, and any Bay Area Calgunners who accompany you to TZS 2012 will be awarded the "CGN Medal of ZORT" - the highest honor that can be bestowed on a California Gun Owner.

The medallion is a hefty 32mm in diameter and is secured to a brass split ring via tactical 550 paracord. The lanyard may be unraveled and used as survival cordage in SHTF situations. Each medallion is laser engraved with its own unique serial number.

If you do not transit to the TZS hostility zone at Burro Canyon for whatever reason, you'll just have to buy the ZORT Paracord Medallion like everyone else. Nothing personal.

Last edited by FastFinger; 09-28-2012 at 9:26 AM..
Old 09-26-2012, 9:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki View Post
To the brave NORCAL Calgunners, the real ones, not the posers and keyboard commandos.

The Zombie Zone is approximately 400 miles from our homes.

If we don't kill the ZOMBIES in LA, they will come to us, better to kill them while they are a SOCAL problem. Helping our SOCAL brothers in arms will set the stage that if we get ZOMBIE attacks up here, they will come help us.

Our duty is to quickly travel across Pacheco Pass, proceed rapidly down the I5 and through the "Grapevine" till we get to the I210.

We will have "refuel and driver changes" along the way so that when we arrive, we are sharp and ready to blast ZOMBIES.

We will muster at the San Jose Airport Car rental center, due to the high mileage of the event, we will not risk personal vehicles breaking down.

We will go with smaller, fast and fuel efficient vehicles so that way we can maintain a convoy speed of 70mph plus.

With 2 to 3 persons per vehicle, non drivers can rest and we will have room for our gear.

This is a mission where we expect everyone to be "heavily armed". Remember, we can't just kill the Zombies, they are already dead, so head shots that blow the heads completely off are the only sure way to stop them.

We are in for a "massive firefight", so we need to bring a lot of ammunition because resupplies may not come.

If you don't bring enough ammo, then you may be eaten or infected by the Zombies. Either of these would really ruin your day.

Guns can jam, so bring backups because this is not a time you want to find out you don't have a functioning gun.

I am bringing

2 ARS, one BB and one featureless and around 400 rounds of ammo.
2 12 guage shotguns and at least 100 rounds of ammo.
2 45 caliber pistols and at least 200 rounds of ammo.

I am ready to eliminate at least 100 Zombies and if we all pull together, we can be the 300 who made a stand just like the brave 300 Spartans who changed history.

The Spartans kicked the Persians ***. Our task is nothing compared to theirs.
Some of us may not make it out alive, and we will pay honor to our brothers and sisters who fall.

Unlike the "sheeple" who populate our state, we are not controlled by fear, we own our fear, that is why will win.

Failure is not an option, we are fighting for our homes, our families, our honor.
We are the Calguns Special Forces, we are the "Warriors".

We will end the ZOMBIE TYRANNY just like William Wallace ended English Tyranny. See clip below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrrBs8JBQo

Okay, being a bit melodramatic, I was on a roll.
Come down and have a blast.

This will be an Epic 20 hours of your life, with us car sharing, we can get 2 to 4 hrs rest going to and from each way.

Car rentals will be around 40 to 50 dollars(I like full coverage) for the day, we get vehicles that get 30mpg plus, so at 800 miles, we will burn 26 to 30 gallons of fuel. Figure 120 to 140 for gas.

Trip costs for two people, roughly 80 dollars,
For 3, figure roughly 60 dollars.

Range fees, ammo, food and beverages , T shirts extra of course.
Memories and bonding we have with others, "PRICELESS".

Nicki

Best post I've ever read. Loved it. Makes me wanna jump in on the car ride but I'm already in SoCal.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:26 PM

Dang! I am only 20 miles away, no excuses for me. Any idea how many spots are left and if they are transferable if I can't make it?
Old 09-27-2012, 1:22 AM
Veteran Member

Default Guys, let's pump this up, what are you going to bring.

Guys, pics optional. I'm going on a plane flight here in 5 hours to Orlando to go to the SAF GRPC myself, so no pics from me.

Tell us what you are going to bring and what you are willing to let others try out, I bet we are going to have so many different guns, it will be BETTER than any gun show because here we can actually SHOOT the guns.

Anyway, the guns I plan on bringing myself.

1. AR 15 featureless, mine has the U 15 stock and I have pre-bans
2. AR 15 with BB, but it's a simple nice compact setup.
3. Benelli M2 shotgun with pistol grip
4. Rem 870 shotgun with pistol grip and standard stock.
5. Colt 45 pistol
6. Springfield operator, I put a light/laser on it
7. Raging bull 454, a hand cannon.

I may bring some other guns depending on my mood.

Point is, lets say 100 of us show up, I bet that we will have over 400 different guns to try out.

I'm bringing extra ammo so that I can try out other people's guns and all of you should do the same. Of course I would reccomend factory ammo for trying out other people's guns since many people don't trust unknown reloads.

Nicki
Old 09-27-2012, 7:42 AM
Vendor/Retailer

1. .22LR M200 Cheytac Intervention
2. .22LR M82 Barrett
3. .22LR Vietnam M60 PIG
4. .22LR M249 SAW
5. .22LR ACR
6. .22LR Sig Sauer Blaser Tactical 2
7. .22LR FN FS2000
8. .22LR Steyr AUG
9. .22LR L85
10. .22LR TAR21
11. Saiga 12 (converted)

Last edited by defcon; 09-27-2012 at 9:09 AM..
Old 09-27-2012, 1:22 PM
Veteran Member

LA Police Gear has 6 inch glowsticks on closeout right now. 75 cents each.

Green, red, white, blue in stock as of this posting. Orange is backordered by 1-2 weeks.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/hmv-lightsticks.html

Old 09-27-2012, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
LA Police Gear has 6 inch glowsticks on closeout right now. 75 cents each.

Green, red, white, blue in stock as of this posting. Orange is backordered by 1-2 weeks.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/hmv-lightsticks.html
Probably cheaper to order bulk online.

I'm thinking maybe some 8" Lumistick Glowsticks Light Stick Bracelets...

http://www.amazon.com/Lumistick-Glow...792009&sr=1-53
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51pmEQTWFeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (17.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 09-27-2012, 5:36 PM

just got my ticket. cant wait first night shoot with cg
Old 09-27-2012, 6:26 PM
CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

For the records.

I hate Zombies....

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 09-27-2012, 7:56 PM

I was taking inventory of my ammo to see what i need. I noticed i still had a box of (20)winchester 30-06 soft points that wife wife bought me when she went to walmart one day and i asked her to get a box of 30-30. So if any one can use this please let me know and i will bring to the shoot and give as early xmas gift.. Been sitting for for 4 months and they need a good home.
Old 09-27-2012, 8:33 PM
CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytroll View Post
I was taking inventory of my ammo to see what i need. I noticed i still had a box of (20)winchester 30-06 soft points that wife wife bought me when she went to walmart one day and i asked her to get a box of 30-30. So if any one can use this please let me know and i will bring to the shoot and give as early xmas gift.. Been sitting for for 4 months and they need a good home.
Oustanding.

Thank you Sir.....

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 09-27-2012, 8:48 PM
Vendor/Retailer

is this allowed?

Set of 2 Guide Gear® .22 cal. Auto Reset Targets

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...aspx?a=1026646

Rimfire Shooting Tree
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=961707

Last edited by defcon; 09-27-2012 at 8:52 PM..
Old 09-27-2012, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlonewolf View Post
Oustanding.

Thank you Sir.....
OK i will bring . Don't expect gift wrapping.
Old 09-27-2012, 9:17 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytroll View Post
OK i will bring . Don't expect gift wrapping.
Killjoy.
Old 09-28-2012, 8:25 AM

[QUOTE=defcon;9411850]is this allowed?

Rimfire Shooting Tree

No metal targets or target stands are allowed.
Old 09-28-2012, 8:29 AM
Vendor/Retailer

[QUOTE=danv1369;9413741]
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon View Post
is this allowed?

Rimfire Shooting Tree

No metal targets or target stands are allowed.
aww ok. so what targets are you guys bringing?

what about taping up the glow sticks and shooting them? that would be cool to record the glow stick splatter
Old 09-28-2012, 9:13 AM

Anything that you wanna shoot at as long as no metal frame or stand...
Old 09-28-2012, 10:56 AM

I am going to build a stand using PVC pipe. You can search the net for different plans
Old 09-28-2012, 11:17 AM

Same here...

Planning on bringing at least 4 with me.
SASS #104925

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Albert Einstein
Old 09-28-2012, 2:00 PM
Veteran Member

Sawhorse will work well too. I've built a couple outta spare 2x4's and I bought the sawhorse bracket for about 5 bucks. When the guys at burro passed by I asked them about the bracket and they said they were cool about that. I guess it's because it's made outta aluminum and it's such area the likelyhood of it getting hit is small.

http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of...ets-67163.html

Old 09-28-2012, 2:10 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
Sawhorse will work well too. I've built a couple outta spare 2x4's and I bought the sawhorse bracket for about 5 bucks. When the guys at burro passed by I asked them about the bracket and they said they were cool about that. I guess it's because it's made outta aluminum and it's such area the likelyhood of it getting hit is small.

http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of...ets-67163.html
good idea! time to buy a few
Old 09-29-2012, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
Everyone knows a shotgun is the best anti Zombie Weapon...
Shotgun? A shotgun is NOT the best choice for Zombies. When used at close range, you increase the risk to yourself or others by splattering zombie goo everywhere, secondly a head shot is the most effective way to drop a Z, body shots are ineffective. The optimal weapon is an accurized .22 with magnum or hollow points fired from a safe distance, or 5.56. These calibers are sufficient to do a terminal headshot, and should be more readily available in event of a societal collaspse where manufacturing ceases. ...Just sayin'
Old 09-29-2012, 8:37 AM

[QUOTE=defcon;9413771]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danv1369 View Post

what about taping up the glow sticks and shooting them? that would be cool to record the glow stick splatter
We do shoots near Placerville at a freinds home range with coworkers and family and occassionaly do a zombie theme. Try getting some paintballs that are bright "goo-green" or blood red and scotch tape it to the zombie eyes... I have a Bieber zombie, and creepy kid targets I made that I am attaching. Works good on 11x17 paper. PS: glue etc takes too long to dry and disolves paintballs...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bieber_Zombie.jpg (93.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg zombie_kid1.jpg (93.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 09-29-2012, 10:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

[QUOTE=defcon;9413771]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danv1369 View Post

glow stick liquid is toxic last i remember so that means you would have to get a giant tarp to prevent that liquid from seeping into the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 09-29-2012, 5:34 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Using glow sticks is fine, no tarp needed

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 09-29-2012, 5:39 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

http://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Chemica.../dp/B000RGJSD2

Chem lights for the shoo idea?

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 09-29-2012, 7:15 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat

Has anyone ever used: http://coolglow.com/1/51/51/Glow-Paint/

Glow Paint?

Old 09-29-2012, 11:11 PM

this sounds like a lot of fun im in. Do we all need to bring our own targets?
Closed Thread