Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Enough with the zombies...best rifle/caliber for bigfoot or werewolves?

Ok, so I am watching "monsterquest" on the History channel right now, and they're doing a show on bigfoot, and they've got me convinced that they exist. So that's got the wheels turning in my head that if I managed to bag a bigfoot, I probably could auction off the body on Ebay and retire. So what would you guys would YOU want for a run in with bigfoot? According to the history channel Mr. Bigfoot is 6 foot 9, and 400 lbs. Would a .308 do the job, or should I be thinking a magnum? Bolt action or semi-auto? And while we are talking about bigfoot, what about werewolves? If I ran into one of them, could I use the same gun, or should use something else? I figure a werewolf corpse would probably fetch good money on Ebay too.

Let me also add, I have noticed that Calgunners spend ALOT of time discussing zombies. But the fact is, THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ONE DOCUMENTED ATTACK OF THE DEAD BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE. At least with Bigfoot or Werewolves, people have actually claimed to have seen them. So statistically speaking, there is a MUCH GREATER chance of running into bigfoot or werewolves than zombies.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:10 PM

Good luck, don't forget to bring a bag of Jack Link's. It may improve your chances...
Old 11-28-2007, 11:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by submaniac View Post
Ok, so I am watching "monsterquest" on the History channel right now, and they're doing a show on bigfoot, and they've got me convinced that they exist. So that's got the wheels turning in my head that if I managed to bag a bigfoot, I probably could auction off the body on Ebay and retire. So what would you guys would YOU want for a run in with bigfoot? According to the history channel Mr. Bigfoot is 6 foot 9, and 400 lbs. Would a .308 do the job, or should I be thinking a magnum? Bolt action or semi-auto? And while we are talking about bigfoot, what about werewolves? If I ran into one of them, could I use the same gun, or should use something else? I figure a werewolf corpse would probably fetch good money on Ebay too.

Let me also add, I have noticed that Calgunners spend ALOT of time discussing zombies. But the fact is, THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ONE DOCUMENTED ATTACK OF THE DEAD BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE. At least with Bigfoot or Werewolves, people have actually claimed to have seen them. So statistically speaking, there is a MUCH GREATER chance of running into bigfoot or werewolves than zombies.
You sir need to read this

and yes.... that might be real zombie blood!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:19 PM

id regard bigfoot as a bear. a book i read on bear attack said that 30-06 or bigger was what was recomended for stopping a bear.

werewolves its the silver that does it. so id say that the greatest surface area of your shot that gets into the werewolves body. a 12 gauge loaded with silver pellets. bird shot would give the best surface area of the silver in the werewolves blood stream. but a slug would be better as far as wanting to stop the beast from wound mechanism.

added: it just occured to me how hard silver is compared to lead. i think a slug wouldnt flatten out much, it would rip right thru the werewolf and possibly the silver wouldnt even get into its blood. so, id stick to shot, or other shallow wounding cartridge. keep that silver in the body where it can poision the lycanthropes blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrMike View Post
She's going to get sand in her action, if she's not careful.

Last edited by sloguy; 11-28-2007 at 11:22 PM..
Old 11-28-2007, 11:24 PM

Yeah, the history channel gets desperate for programming some times. Zombies are just references to hypothetical masses trying to get into your theoretical supply stocked bunker uninvited during a time of disaster ... bigfeet and werewolves just plain do not exist. I would be more afraid of the crazy hairy homeless guy on the corner than some unseen monster.

Anyways ...

Anything that delivers many bullets in a short period of time in the general direction of the offending beast would suffice in my opinion. Do they even sell silver 5.56 rounds?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:31 PM

silver plated SUV in caliber 2 metric tons.

meh...

NRA Endowment Member
Old 11-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Veteran Member

a station wagon worked on harry and the hendersons, but who wants to trust hollywood

12gauge hollow points.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:12 AM

I wouldn't mind having this in the arsenal for bigfoot

http://www.gokart.net/shop-utopia/mc...458garand.html

And for the werewolves just reload some "ballistic silvertips" in .458
Old 11-29-2007, 12:55 AM

caliber doesnt matter...shot placement is the key

wait i think that was for zombies.
Old 11-29-2007, 4:16 AM
Veteran Member

Just keep ignoring the Zombies my friend..........just wait and see.
Old 11-29-2007, 5:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap View Post
Do they even sell silver 5.56 rounds?
my mother is a silversmith, and i can have things cast. its doable, but expensive.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2007, 5:58 AM

What about vampires... can we get some garlic rounds... or take a tip from Underworld with their UV rounds

**** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other than that ****
Old 11-29-2007, 6:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

30-06 with silver tips.
Old 11-29-2007, 6:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
What about vampires... can we get some garlic rounds... or take a tip from Underworld with their UV rounds
the vampire myth is too widely varied to chose an appropreate round. some versions of the vampire are immune to garlic, and sunlight. some versions of the vampire myth dont even take blood, they take emotion.

if the purpose of the round is staking then a 12 ga wooden spike would come out of a break action shotgun pretty well. donno how it would fair as far as moving tip first.

fire has always worked in most myths. tracers should be a good start, if you arent worried about over penetration and those stray rounds burning down the house.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2007, 6:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Go magnum or go home!
Old 11-29-2007, 6:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Here is my Zom... er, Bigfoot gun.

if I spot him in the distance, say 800 yards or so....

if he is within 400

If he is knocking at my door

My 870 with some of the Winchester Super-X slugs I have.

And the last ditch, he's about to try and **** me in the ***

My XD45 service.

And if that doesn't work, she's got my back.

Old 11-29-2007, 6:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobula View Post
You sir need to read this
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ck/BP-0048.jpg
and yes.... that might be real zombie blood!
Great book. Ever read World War Z? We can survive It's the Chinese fault.
Old 11-29-2007, 7:20 AM

The show Monster Quest is pretty good but once again you guys are thinking to small. I'd prefer a Mk-19, if you're going to kill bigfeet to zombies you might as well be sure they aren't getting back up in one piece.

I'm thinking some HEDP rounds would just about do it, followed up with a couple WP rounds to be sure.
Old 11-29-2007, 7:29 AM

Zombies. Bigfoot. Aliens. Chinese. Angry lesbians. This is how i would roll.

Old 11-29-2007, 7:58 AM

I live in westside Long Beach. The chances of me waking up in the morning to see a 7 ft. tall brown behemoth covered in hair walking down the street is highly unlikely. Same goes for a werewolf.

The chances of me waking up in the morning to see the reanimated dead walking around is also highly unlikely.

There are only two cemetaries that I know of, well actually three in or around the LbC area and they are miles away from where I live.

However, with all that said, the chances of me waking up in the morning to see people attacking each other with dawn of the dead or 28 days and weeks later like abilities is more likely in my opinion. (Infectious Disease, Virus or Plague)

And I know for a fact that at least half of you calgunners out there can concur with me on that one.

My daily grind is at a hospital and on those days when they announce a code blue, or code gray, sometimes I just can't help but think about that newscast clip from the remake of the Dawn of the Dead.

Last edited by Heavy_Grinder; 11-29-2007 at 8:20 AM..
Old 11-29-2007, 9:08 AM

For BigFoot and/or Werewolves;

500 Nitro Express softpoints in a Double Rifle. I think 11,000+ ft/lbs of energy in a second or two should do it.

Worked for this critter.

Join The NRA

"America is at that awkward stage. It’s too late to change the system from within, yet too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolf

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by AfricanHunter; 11-29-2007 at 9:13 AM..
Old 11-29-2007, 9:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prc329 View Post
Here is my Zom... er, Bigfoot gun.

if I spot him in the distance, say 800 yards or so....

if he is within 400

If he is knocking at my door

My 870 with some of the Winchester Super-X slugs I have.

And the last ditch, he's about to try and **** me in the ***

My XD45 service.

And if that doesn't work, she's got my back.

Nice!

I'm half tempted to get 10 rounds of 5.56 loaded in silver just to say I have them. Garlic coated rounds aren't a bad idea either, but I don't think they would not to be completely made from garlic.
Old 11-29-2007, 9:55 AM
Veteran Member

Why not a silver plated .50 AE hollowpoint? Or if you want a real challenge, try the shot placement theory with a .22lr! lol.
If Hell ever needed a operations manual all it would need is a copy of California's laws
Old 11-29-2007, 10:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

When my dad passed I found six actual silver 38 special +P rounds. Strange thing was he didn't even own a 38
Old 11-29-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloguy View Post
my mother is a silversmith, and i can have things cast. its doable, but expensive.
What would it cost to have 6 44 mag silver projectiles(.429 and maybe roughly 200grn) made?

Join The NRA

"America is at that awkward stage. It’s too late to change the system from within, yet too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolf

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 AM

If you bagged a bigfoot the lefties would have you in prison for the rest of your life. Sure you proved that it exists but you also killed an endangered animal.

On that history show i saw one about lake monsters..they actually passed a protection law for it! They said if it did exist and you were to harm it you would go to jail! GET A LIFE PEOPLE!! WOW..i'm gonna lobby a law where you can't sexually assault leprechauns or unicorns under penalty of being banished to marshmallow island in gumdrop land.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
If you bagged a bigfoot the lefties would have you in prison for the rest of your life. Sure you proved that it exists but you also killed an endangered animal.

On that history show i saw one about lake monsters..they actually passed a protection law for it! They said if it did exist and you were to harm it you would go to jail! GET A LIFE PEOPLE!! WOW..i'm gonna lobby a law where you can't sexually assault leprechauns or unicorns under penalty of being banished to marshmallow island in gumdrop land.
I think unicorns are covered under beastiality codes.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:05 AM

Werewolves would be fairly easy. Silver 22LR. Its true that you can hurt a werewolf with regular bullets, but it won't stop them. I guess just to be on the safe side, I would use Silver .45acp. For Bigfoot, I guess anything .30-06 or better. Even a .308, or 7mm might injure him, then you could follow the blood trail back to the bigfoot village.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_Grinder View Post
I live in westside Long Beach. The chances of me waking up in the morning to see a 7 ft. tall brown behemoth covered in hair walking down the street is highly unlikely. Same goes for a werewolf.

On the eastside, probably would. On second street you are pretty much going to run into a 7ft brown hairy behemoth named Marvin dressed in drag.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanHunter View Post
What would it cost to have 6 44 mag silver projectiles(.429 and maybe roughly 200grn) made?
its a long process with lots of phone calls to even begin to get a quote from the people my mom uses who cast silver. and its very expensive for small production runs because the price of having a mold made.

silver is harder than copper or lead. actually firing these might cause a pressure issue when the bullets try to go thru the forcing cone.

economically i think the best way to do a small run of these is to try to use old reloading bullet molds and try pouring them that way. i have access to sterling scrap. i do not have any bullet molds or a crucible. if you have them then maybe we could work together to get his done on the cheap.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but I think both Oregon and Washington state have laws protecting Bigfoot. Seriously.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by submaniac View Post
But the fact is, THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ONE DOCUMENTED ATTACK OF THE DEAD BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE. At least with Bigfoot or Werewolves, people have actually claimed to have seen them. So statistically speaking, there is a MUCH GREATER chance of running into bigfoot or werewolves than zombies.
There has never been one documented case of Bigfoot attack either. A lot of practitioners of Santa Ria and Voodoo have claimed to have seen zombies.

Where do you think the stories come from?

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 11-29-2007, 12:09 PM

what caliber for manbearpig?

you know hes half man half bear half pig.

i'm totally serial.
Old 11-29-2007, 1:19 PM

This happened not too far from where I live.

BIGFOOT, WEREWOLF, ZOMBIE (RAGE VIRUS INFECTED HUMAN BEING)..

....add this guy to the list.
http://www.presstelegram.com/search/...sstelegram.com
Old 11-29-2007, 1:36 PM
Part time Emperor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

You didn't get that from Sheri of Wholesale Guns, did you?
Old 11-29-2007, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Tungsten View Post
I hate to break it to you, but I think both Oregon and Washington state have laws protecting Bigfoot. Seriously.
In CA, you have to have the specific license/tag for your target - no Bigfoot tag, no Bigfoot hunt.

But, of course,..."HE WAS COMING RIGHT FOR ME!! I HAD TO SHOOT HIM(in the back six times)"
Old 11-29-2007, 1:53 PM

i once heard a radio broadcast on http://www.coasttocoastam.com/ about three retired vietnam snipers who killed two big foots while racoon hunting one had a 300 weatherby magnum the other one had a 243 and the other had a 44 mag they shot one 10 times and it still got away the next day they came back to look for the blood trail and they found it dead in a brush cave and thats when the other came out and then they started to shoot at it the guy said that when he shot it with the 44 mag it would only push it back and thats when the other two shot it in the head and it died instantly if i find the broadcast ill post it up but anyways id get a 577 T-Rex for big foot and a 308 for a werewolves
Old 11-29-2007, 1:59 PM

What about Zombified Bigfoot infected with lycanthropy (the disease that "causes" werewolf-ism)??? Where is the Calguns Flamethrower forum?
Old 11-29-2007, 2:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Tungsten View Post
What about Zombified Bigfoot infected with lycanthropy (the disease that "causes" werewolf-ism)??? Where is the Calguns Flamethrower forum?
in that case you would need to figure out what caliber to use to kill yourself b4 he got to you
Old 11-29-2007, 2:02 PM

LOLZ