Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > 209 Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2019, 9:41 PM

Default CCW Application question

''List any arrest or formal charges, with or without disposition, for any criminal offenses within the U.S. or any other country (civilian or military)''

Would this include Juvenile arrests? I was in court a few times, but I don't know whether I was charged, convicted, or whatever. Nothing serious or disqualifying. Should those be mentioned and/or should I retrieve my juvenile record out of that county and submit it with that?

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2019, 9:45 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Mention every encounter with LE where you were the subject of the investigation.
It is better to tell your IA too much than to have them know about something that you don't admit, leaving them feeling that you are attempting to hide something.

The interview process is primarily an honesty test... your criminal background (including Juvi) is available and known to them.
Your records are "sealed" for public access, but not to law enforcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

When I worked in securities I would frequently get a rap sheet after the fingerprints cleared the FBI for childhood things that the candidate thought were expunged.

I would ask your parents for copies. Many keep the old files from court things.

I would discuss them with the Agency before you apply.

Why- every application asks, have you applied for a CHL and been denied or had a CHL revoked?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g_a7dQXilCo
“Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 01-15-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by battousai View Post
''List any arrest or formal charges, with or without disposition, for any criminal offenses within the U.S. or any other country (civilian or military)''

Would this include Juvenile arrests? I was in court a few times, but I don't know whether I was charged, convicted, or whatever. Nothing serious or disqualifying. Should those be mentioned and/or should I retrieve my juvenile record out of that county and submit it with that?

Thanks.
Yes, mention everything because they will know and will ask you at your interview.

My neighbor had forgotten a 5-year old traffic ticket, and they responded like he was deliberately lying.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:30 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Yes, list everything you know. They do have access to juvenile records. A juvenile incident will not usually result in a denial, but if they even think for a second you were trying to hide it - they will deny you flat out.

Do not hold anything back, nothing.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Yes, list everything you know. They do have access to juvenile records. A juvenile incident will not usually result in a denial, but if they even think for a second you were trying to hide it - they will deny you flat out.

Do not hold anything back, nothing.
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I see that further down they even have a question that specifically mentions juvenile charges. The most I can tell them is that I know I was charged with receiving stolen property in 2009 (12yo) and was subsequently arrested two or three more times for failure to appear related to my review hearings on that case.

Thats all i can really say in the 250 word limit they give.
I've been looking for the records for years and my parents can't find them. I do not believe I have any other charges from that since bench warrants aren't charges and I never got contacted for any actual crimes committed since the initial charge. I just contacted my previous attorney from that time to see if he could get the records out of archive without my presence.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:55 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

You should be fine just tell them what you remember in the interview, as best you can. If you get the records beforehand that is fine otherwise don’t sweat it - if they need them they will get them, and you might be surprised to find out they already have them when you go for the interview.

I would also get your DMV record, just so you can review it. $2 get it online https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/online/dr

Old 01-15-2019, 10:58 PM

Retrieving my records looks like it isn't an option, at least any time soon, since it requires physical appearance in Solano county. All I know is that I was charged with receiving stolen property at late 12 or early 13 yo and received a couple FTA/bench warrants for missing court dates until I fully cleared it up/completed probation and never was contacted again. I guess I'll call and ask them what I should do or if that's enough of a description as long as it's honest and I'm encouraging them to look it over themselves. As far as the DMV goes, I own a car, but have no driving history on record at all.

Thanks.

Last edited by battousai; 01-15-2019 at 11:03 PM..
Old 01-16-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Thanks.
That word, "any", should be pretty clear to anyone responsible enough to CC.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
That word, "any", should be pretty clear to anyone responsible enough to CC.
Cute.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:31 AM

Girlfriend = tell them what they need to know.

IA = tell them everything.
Old 01-18-2019, 5:58 AM

Quote:

Thanks.
How do you not know whether you were charged or convicted?
Seems something like that would be important enough to remember.
Old 01-18-2019, 6:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Would this include Juvenile arrests?
“Any arrest” means any arrest.

Old 01-22-2019, 9:00 PM

In Stanislaus county you can look up any court cases ever associated with your name. Makes filling out your paperwork easier if your an f-up like me.

Try your name on this page and see if anything comes back. http://courtconnect.solano.courts.ca...in.cp_main_idx