Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-27-2018, 8:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precise View Post
Any idea how long itís taking now a days for the livescan results to come back?

Old 12-27-2018, 9:29 PM

I called the DOJ. They said there was a problem a couple a months ago that is causing this delay. Spoke to someone at the OCSD CCW unit today and they said itís been taking about 4 weeks to get the results back. The entire process in Orange County aside from the wait for the live scan results is running very smoothly and quickly right now. The people at the OCSD CCW unit are very good and helpful.
Old 12-27-2018, 9:54 PM

It's probably been posted somewhere else in this thread but you can check your Livescan results here. I don't know if things show up at the DOJ end (and in results reported by that link) at one time, and at the OCSD at some other time. OCSD said the Livescan results are automatically received by them; I assume this requires the application to be correctly populated and the Livescan roller to key the numbers/identifiers in accurately.
Old 01-05-2019, 7:13 PM

So wife and I are making the move to OC this summer. Is OC still ccw friendly with GC, and if so how long must I be a resident to be able to apply?
Old 01-06-2019, 12:05 PM

Hello Noranjen, Yes they are. Come on down and get your CCW in Orange County! you just have to establish proof residency, so once you get your
DMV drivers license, auto registration, utility bill all updated showing OC address, you can apply.
Old 01-06-2019, 2:07 PM

Thanks for the info appreciate it!
Old 01-07-2019, 10:24 AM

Welcome to our new Sheriff...

http://www.ocsd.org/divisions/office_of_the_sheriff

Lawfully carrying in 36 states
Clamper:64 & 1069 | Ham:Extra | Dirtbike:Fast
Old 01-08-2019, 7:32 PM

I called OCSD CCW unit today to find out if they received my Livescan results since it was the last thing they were waiting for. They said they received the results on 12/28 and itís at the final approval stage since 12/31. My initial appointment was on 12/7. Just have to patiently wait now. I gotta say they are doing a great job over at the OCSD.
Old 01-08-2019, 9:37 PM

Quote:
I called OCSD CCW unit today to find out if they received my Livescan results since it was the last thing they were waiting for. They said they received the results on 12/28 and itís at the final approval stage since 12/31. My initial appointment was on 12/7. Just have to patiently wait now. I gotta say they are doing a great job over at the OCSD.

Yes they are.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:15 AM

Wait 'till Newsom finds out what they're doing....oh dear god there's gonna be hell to pay. LOL

"You're issuing permits for bad people to carry guns around the state? We can't have that!"
"Wait, they're vetted citizens?? Oh, that's even worse!"
Old 01-15-2019, 11:45 AM

Anyone know how long it takes after your file hits the seargents to get a response?
Old 01-15-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Anyone know how long it takes after your file hits the seargents to get a response?

I donít think there is a exact time frame, but not long. Maybe a week for some. Depends on if he catches anything that needs to be fixed I would guess.
Old 01-15-2019, 8:58 PM

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on the site and active in guns, >5 years since my kids were born, but I had an encounter with a gang member in my medical clinic today that is making me consider getting a CCW permit.

Currently none of my guns are really great for CCW (Glock 35, Glock 17, Rock Island 1911, Ruger SR-22). So I would still need to get a good conceal gun and then do the training before anything could get started application wise. Thinking about a Springfield XD-S 45 if I can find one for sale.

Are there any doctors or nurse practitioners here that have their CCW? I'm pretty sure that I can write a decent good cause statement for myself as a nurse practitioner that has prescriptive authority for scheduled medications in a clinic in low socioeconomic area where the demographics of the population includes gang members.

I'm curious to know what other providers have used in their good cause statements.

I also have an active FFL-03 and COE if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by deliverator; 01-15-2019 at 9:16 PM..
Old 01-16-2019, 11:48 AM

I read somewhere that someone did a long good cause statement and all the sherriff really needed was his first sentence ď I work at a pharmacy that is near by a homeless shelterĒ or something like that. When I did my training the instructor said that a lot of people that work in the medical field get CCW permits, especially ones that worked out on the field like EMTís or people that worked in the ER.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverator View Post
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on the site and active in guns, >5 years since my kids were born, but I had an encounter with a gang member in my medical clinic today that is making me consider getting a CCW permit.

I'm pretty sure that I can write a decent good cause statement for myself as a nurse practitioner that has prescriptive authority for scheduled medications in a clinic in low socioeconomic area where the demographics of the population includes gang members.

There you go....you just wrote your good cause.

03 & COE Probably wouldnít account for much unless thereís more to that.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:08 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My dad submitted renewal in the first part of December.

He got a request for additional info, and submitted it right away.

He picked up his renewal the first week of January.

They appear to be runnig about a month.

I submitted mine the first week of January for a March expiry date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lear60man View Post
My transvestite analogy stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-16-2019, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverator View Post

Currently none of my guns are really great for CCW (Glock 35, Glock 17, Rock Island 1911, Ruger SR-22). So I would still need to get a good conceal gun and then do the training before anything could get started application wise. Thinking about a Springfield XD-S 45 if I can find one for sale.

Are there any doctors or nurse practitioners here that have their CCW? I'm pretty sure that I can write a decent good cause statement for myself as a nurse practitioner that has prescriptive authority for scheduled medications in a clinic in low socioeconomic area where the demographics of the population includes gang members.

I'm curious to know what other providers have used in their good cause statements.

I also have an active FFL-03 and COE if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.
Our family doctor has a permit. He even trained with my son in law who is a OCSD firearms trainer - unbeknownst to us.

And yes, you can easily get your permit, and you don't need a special firearm to apply - you can always add one or more later.
Besides your glock 17 will work, the 19 is a little more compact. The M&P Shield is extremely popular for CCW. The XD's have great ergos, but the S-version is not a CA roster gun. I got one before the SSE curtain.

And get some CCW insurance in case you actually do have to use your firearm.
Old 01-16-2019, 2:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
My dad submitted renewal in the first part of December.

He got a request for additional info, and submitted it right away.

He picked up his renewal the first week of January.

They appear to be runnig about a month.

I submitted mine the first week of January for a March expiry date.

Good to know! I see from their site that no renewal applications will be accepted more than 90 days from expiration so I plan to apply in March for June expiration.

Definitely much more efficient than when I first applied four years ago, and the option to apply for a 3-year license is awesome.