Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 02-13-2015, 11:57 AM

Default Azusa Mar 14-15 2015 waitlist?

Hi, the Azusa Mar14-15 2015 class is booked. Is there anything I need to do besides clicking the waitlist button on the registration page to get in line for any spots opened up by a cancelation?
Old 02-13-2015, 1:59 PM
CGSSA Leader

We're going to do this the same way we've always done it. This is the only way to be fair:

There is online and mail-in registration. Anyone who successfully registers online or through the mail has a guaranteed spot on the line. Print out your ticket confirmation and bring it with you to be absolutely sure.

For everyone else, it is first come, first served. When I get there I will start a list. There is no point to starting lists before the day in question.

After I sign in everyone who has pre-registered and arrived, I will start taking folks from the wait list. Anyone who is pre-registered but does not show by 9AM will lose their spot.

Simple as that.

We have six other events at Burro Canyon alone this year. If you didn't make it on the list this time but you need some sort of guarantee, I recommend you sign up for one of those, or a different shoot. I cannot create and maintain ad hoc wait lists.

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.
Old 02-13-2015, 3:27 PM

Great. Thanks for the clarification, I was asking specifically about the online registration as the webpage is ambiguous. There was an option on the webpage to "get in line" for cancelations. I simply wanted to know if there was anything more needed from me to complete. So I guess that is a no 😊. I will see you on April 11th, for the one day class at Burro.
Old 02-13-2015, 5:19 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rally200 View Post
Thanks for the clarification, I was asking specifically about the online registration as the webpage is ambiguous. There was an option on the webpage to "get in line" for cancelations.
Gotcha. I think that's out-of-date -- EventBrite used to have a feature where you could sign up to be notified if a spot became available. Don't think it does that anymore.

Anyway, there is no "Secret List," and you don't have to do anything. Just be there and we'll do it fair.

I expect to have room for about 5-6 more depending on how many cancellations or transfers we get. We SHOULD be able to put everyone on the line. On the other hand, I have to cap it or the event won't be safe. Just want to make sure everyone's on the same page. Don't want to surprise anyone or make promises I can't keep!

It's going to be a great shoot!

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.