Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacramento Gun Club View Post
Thank you all for the feedback and support! It is definitely appreciated. We are offering a "Thank you for your support" gift to all Calguns members...

When you sign up for a membership, you will get a free Sacramento Gun Club T-Shirt. I'll see if we can extend this for existing CGN members who've already signed up as SGC members.

Just quote this message and post a comment. Print out your post, quoting me, and bring it in to redeem your SGC T-Shirt.

We will keep this going for CGN members while supplies last as we have a limited quantity of the T-Shirts.

See you soon and thank you again for the support!
Quote:
Hello everyone. I'll be actively monitoring the site today. Please ask questions that have not been addressed. Thanks
If I join as a Bronze member, how much would it cost to also rent a locker?
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Generation Gun Owner View Post
If I join as a Bronze member, how much would it cost to also rent a locker?

Please ask one of our membership coordinators the next time that you come in. They would have a specific answer for you based on your membership level and your specific needs.
Mon-Thu 11 AM-9 PM | Fri-Sat 9 AM-9 PM | Sun 10-5 PM

Glock Blue Label Provider | Promotions | Pistol League | Sacramento | Norcal
Old 02-22-2015, 11:13 AM

WOW it looked like the grand opening was a huge success. I barely found a place to park lol. Glad to see you guys doing so well.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTaseMeBro View Post
WOW it looked like the grand opening was a huge success. I barely found a place to park lol. Glad to see you guys doing so well.

Yes, it was! The place was moving non-stop all day. Sorry, I missed you.

Old 02-28-2015, 2:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thank you all for the feedback and support! It is definitely appreciated. We are offering a "Thank you for your support" gift to all Calguns members...

When you sign up for a membership, you will get a free Sacramento Gun Club T-Shirt. I'll see if we can extend this for existing CGN members who've already signed up as SGC members.

Just quote this message and post a comment. Print out your post, quoting me, and bring it in to redeem your SGC T-Shirt.

We will keep this going for CGN members while supplies last as we have a limited quantity of the T-Shirts.

Picked up a Silver Membership a couple of weeks ago, but haven't been able to come by.

This past week, my grandson has been with me since my wife and his mother are out of town. Middle of the week, I talked him through assembly of an AR lower and fitted a .22 upper to it. Today, we got to the Club for his first shooting experience.

What fun! The staff were welcoming and seemed excited to see a new shooter. We set up in the rifle range and staff let us take the time needed to slowly initiate him into shooting. RSOs were helpful and enthusiastic, checking in with us and complimenting the first-time shooter, then giving some simple pointers to help him along.

When we finished, he'd fired his first rifle (which he had assembled) fired a .22 revolver, a .22 semi-auto and a compact 1911 in 9mm.

His reaction was, "That was cool, can we come back, tomorrow?" I think my ammo budget just got crunched.

Thanks to all your staff for a great day and to you for setting up such a stellar facility and organization.

Best.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 03-12-2015 at 3:18 PM..
Old 03-02-2015, 1:55 PM

I'd like to see a rule that new shooters being taught by family, friends or instructors should be put in a separate room. It gives me the willies when I see newbies waving guns around or when two people are at the bench or an 'instructor' is blocking the view of the RSO. Just open a different room, it'll be better for everyone.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 03-02-2015, 8:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
I'd like to see a rule that new shooters being taught by family, friends or instructors should be put in a separate room. It gives me the willies when I see newbies waving guns around or when two people are at the bench or an 'instructor' is blocking the view of the RSO. Just open a different room, it'll be better for everyone.
(To be clear, the juxtaposition of your post in following mine annoys me a bit. During my training with my grandson, there was no "waving of guns", nor "blocking the view of the RSO." Please do not associate me and my behavior with your blanket, unsubstantiated statements. Thanks).

If you have witnessed this type of behavior at ranges, what did you do to stop it? It is your community, and to look to the range to institute "rules" and segregation policies to control the use of firearms is the first platform plank of the Brady Bunch and the Nanny State.

I have two issues with the proposal:

First, if the behavior of new shooters is as blatantly dangerous as you indicate, it would seem unwise to put them all in the same place at the same time. While it may provide some level of Darwinian solution, it just doesn't make sense, as it doesn't address your perceived problem.

Second, and most importantly, the proposal advocates the separation of the community into segregated blocks of users. This destroys unity of effort and the sense of community. (Go to the LEO forum and see what they want. They want separate ranges and separate "LEO Only" hours. No "civilians". They feel as poorly about you as you feel about newbies.). We have seen this separation between sport shooter and hunters (and the SASS Community) on the legislative front in recent years. Our foe's "Divide and Conquer" strategies work; there is no need for us to implement them on ourselves.

I'd like to see this sport return to its community origins where everyone in the sport is responsible for the welfare of the sport. It is our responsibility to educate the youth and to pass on the traditions of firearms ownership and usage. We have lost our way in educating our youth by simply turning the process over to third-party surrogates. The SGC programs, as they are, allow family interaction with positive firing line control.

We, as a community of shooters, must embrace the community as a whole and nurture, not ostracize, new and youthful shooters to build the community for the future.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 03-03-2015 at 8:40 AM.. Reason: spelling enhancements ;)
Old 03-02-2015, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
So did you let the RSO know about this dangerous, potentially fatal activity? Or did you just stand there with the "willies"?

The RSOs at Sac Gun Club are some of the most observant I have ever seen, but as a community we are all responsible for each other's, and our own safety. I would not hesitate to call a cease fire if I were to see dangerous activity. That is my responsibility as a shooter.
Old 03-04-2015, 7:32 PM

Quote:

As a Silver Group member, We just shot for the first time at SGC. We started at about 1800 hours and all the way up to 1900 when they were getting ready to close. The RSO did not rush us out or anything. The staff was top notch and friendly.
Old 03-11-2015, 2:43 PM

Smile Thank You

Quote:

I love being a member. The staff has been friendly and the environment is great. Maybe extending the hours for members only.
Old 03-14-2015, 4:17 AM

Can a gunsmith install night sights during the 10 day? Thinking about selling my shield .40 for a 9. If so, can you get XS big dots? Thanks

Last edited by medicdude; 03-14-2015 at 4:21 AM..
Old 03-14-2015, 6:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicdude View Post
Can a gunsmith install night sights during the 10 day? Thinking about selling my shield .40 for a 9. If so, can you get XS big dots? Thanks
I doubt they are monitoring this board as much as in the past. Try here:

Gunsmith
Email: gunsmith@sacramentogunclub.com
Phone: 916-246-2010 ext. 1009
Old 03-15-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicdude View Post
Our policy is to not modify a firearm while it is under the 10-day waiting period. The firearm is not considered as yours until it is releases through the DROS system.

We can order anything for you so long as it is available from our vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
I doubt they are monitoring this board as much as in the past. Try here:

Gunsmith
Email: gunsmith@sacramentogunclub.com
Phone: 916-246-2010 ext. 1009
I do see these posts, however am unable to reply unless I am physically at the club. My apologies for the delayed replies.

Old 03-21-2015, 5:20 PM

We have items on sale until Thursday, March 26, 2015. Your membership discounts apply on top of the sale items.

Please visit the commercial sales section here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...5#post16013835

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 03-21-2015 at 5:24 PM..
Old 04-23-2015, 3:38 PM

Hello everyone. We have a sale going on this week. Please see our "Sales and Promotions" thread in Commercial Sales section or in my signature. Thanks and stay safe.

Old 04-26-2015, 3:20 PM

Just wanted to say, visited your location for the first time yesterday. Very nice facility, best indoor range I've ever been to. I used the 50 yard rifle range to zero in my AR 15. The only suggestion I have is taller tables or perhaps a platform you can put on top of the rifle bench cause it is too low to and sort of shallow to shot in the seated position with a bipod with the height the targets hang at and the height of the seats. Also perhaps numbered increments for that range as well I didn't bring any pistols to shoot yesterday but I seen some people did along with their rifle and there is no way to gauge your distance in that range. Anyways still the nicest range around but a few updates would make it better!
Old 04-30-2015, 12:44 PM

I would like to know if you preform work on AK's because i have one with a canted front sight and I would like to get it fixed.
Old 05-19-2015, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover916 View Post
I would like to know if you preform work on AK's because i have one with a canted front sight and I would like to get it fixed.
Apologies for the late response. Yes, we do. Please contact our gunsmith to determine your options.

Old 05-19-2015, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RArcos View Post
Just wanted to say, visited your location for the first time yesterday. Very nice facility, best indoor range I've ever been to. I used the 50 yard rifle range to zero in my AR 15. The only suggestion I have is taller tables or perhaps a platform you can put on top of the rifle bench cause it is too low to and sort of shallow to shot in the seated position with a bipod with the height the targets hang at and the height of the seats. Also perhaps numbered increments for that range as well I didn't bring any pistols to shoot yesterday but I seen some people did along with their rifle and there is no way to gauge your distance in that range. Anyways still the nicest range around but a few updates would make it better!

Thank you. I'll pass on the recommendations to the GM.

Old 06-15-2015, 9:26 PM

I'm in town and will likely try to show up this week! I made a few recommendations in the LEO thread, and I'm interested to see how your facility turned out. See you all soon.
Old 06-17-2015, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_scooter View Post
I'm in town and will likely try to show up this week! I made a few recommendations in the LEO thread, and I'm interested to see how your facility turned out. See you all soon.
Pleasure to speak with you scooter!

We're now officially a Glock Blue Label provider. Details can be found here:

SGC Glock Blue Label Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 9:47 PM

I was there for the Competitive Shooters training by Gabby Franco. I loved your range!

West Coast Shooting Stars a women's shooting group in the SF Peninsula
Old 06-30-2015, 3:35 PM

Please note our July 4th Weekend Schedule as well as our new hours of operation. We've extended weekday hours to accommodate for enthusiasts who battle rush hour traffic.

Independence Day Weekend Hours:

Friday, July 3, 2015 - 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Saturday, July 4, 2015 - 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Sunday, July 5, 2015 - 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM

New Hours of Operation beginning Monday, July 6, 2015:

Monday through Thursday 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Old 07-18-2015, 11:52 PM

Come join us on Monday, July 27th from 6PM - 9PM for LE / Fire / EMS / First Responder Appreciation Night. Additional details in the link below:

Sacramento Gun Club: LE / Fire / EMS / First Responder Appreciation Night

Old 08-22-2015, 3:17 PM

There's a Fall handgun league starting on Sept 1. Sign up at the desk, inexpensive and fun.

I'm starting a Women's Team for the League. Pass the word. We still need one or two more women.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:04 AM

Have shot at SGC 3-4 times so far, and on the encouragement of the RSOs with whom I've talked, I went ahead and "pulled the trigger" on a Silver Membership last week. My 6-year old son, who was with me, even got the free t-shirt because I mentioned I was a Calgunner.

Love this place! Very professionally-staffed, friendly and welcoming, safety-oriented, clean, and close to home. I will not shoot at any other indoor range in the area.

Eager to come more often, and share my guest passes with others who may be considering membership, too. FFL fees waived for members is a great bonus, too!

Thanks SGC!
Old 09-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drno4 View Post
FFL fees waived for members is a great bonus, too!

Thanks SGC!
Congrats on the new membership. However, unless this has changed, FFL transfer fees are waived only once during the membership period.

Best.
Old 09-10-2015, 4:26 PM

Hey Sac Gun Club....will you be changing the hours now that summer is ending? I really want to shoot in the morning but you don't open till 11
Old 09-11-2015, 9:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drno4 View Post
Have shot at SGC 3-4 times so far, and on the encouragement of the RSOs with whom I've talked, I went ahead and "pulled the trigger" on a Silver Membership last week. My 6-year old son, who was with me, even got the free t-shirt because I mentioned I was a Calgunner.

Love this place! Very professionally-staffed, friendly and welcoming, safety-oriented, clean, and close to home. I will not shoot at any other indoor range in the area.

Eager to come more often, and share my guest passes with others who may be considering membership, too. FFL fees waived for members is a great bonus, too!

Thanks SGC!
Thank you for the feedback. Enjoy your stay!

Quote:
Congrats on the new membership. However, unless this has changed, FFL transfer fees are waived only once during the membership period.

Best.
Correct, that is the current policy. The GM and Membership Department would be able to provide you with further details.

manager@sacramentogunclub.com
membership@sacramentogunclub.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy75 View Post
Hey Sac Gun Club....will you be changing the hours now that summer is ending? I really want to shoot in the morning but you don't open till 11
I have not been notified of any additional time changes, however this topic is continuously being monitored. Ideally, we'd like to return to our original 9-9 hours 7 days a week, however traffic currently does not warrant it.

My recommendation is to contact our GM to provide direct feedback. Records of continued interest may aid in another time change.

manager@sacramentogunclub.com

Thanks

Old 09-23-2015, 7:34 AM

Quote:

Best.
Yes, and I think it's totally bogus that they changed the benefits of my membership AFTER I joined. That was one of the reasons I became a member. I think they should allow those of us who signed up before they even opened to continue to get what we were promised and not pull this bait and switch BS.
Old 09-23-2015, 8:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yes, and I think it's totally bogus that they changed the benefits of my membership AFTER I joined. That was one of the reasons I became a member. I think they should allow those of us who signed up before they even opened to continue to get what we were promised and not pull this bait and switch BS.
Of course, then, there is that pesky contract you signed:

Quote:
The undersigned acknowledges and agrees that “SGC” reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of Membership and all benefits and amenities associated therewith at any time.
and,
Terms and Conditions #5:
Quote:
CHANGES IN THE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS. “SGC” reserves the right to add, eliminate or change any published Membership benefit or amenity at any time and from time to time, in its sole discretion. The Membership benefits at any time shall be as posted on “SGC’s” web-site or as otherwise communicated to the Members. Such changes shall be effective on the date such revised Membership benefits are posted to the web-site or communicated to the Members.
Not defending the practice, but we need to read what we sign.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 09-23-2015 at 8:36 AM..
Old 09-24-2015, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Of course, then, there is that pesky contract you signed:

and,
Terms and Conditions #5:

Not defending the practice, but we need to read what we sign.
So if they decided they wanted to start limiting members to 1 hour per month between the hours of 4 and 6 AM, you would be OK with this too?

Hiding behind legalities and small print is not a good long term business plan. Sure you can get away with it for a while, but this sport is all about word of mouth. If you start pissing people off we will just start going elsewhere. Next thing you know you are sitting in an empty room with a bunch of expired contracts that nobody renewed.

My point is it was a bogus thing to do, and I still stand by that opinion.
Old 09-25-2015, 5:28 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
So if they decided they wanted to start limiting members to 1 hour per month between the hours of 4 and 6 AM, you would be OK with this too?
Reading comprehension seems to be an issue. My statement that I was, "Not defending the practice...", is not the same as, "being OK" with any and all hypothetical changes that may be made. And hours of operation are not member benefits.

Quote:
Hiding behind legalities and small print is not a good long term business plan. Sure you can get away with it for a while, but this sport is all about word of mouth. If you start pissing people off we will just start going elsewhere. Next thing you know you are sitting in an empty room with a bunch of expired contracts that nobody renewed.

My point is it was a bogus thing to do, and I still stand by that opinion.
And I don't disagree. I don't think the business model is sustainable. But, language included immediately above the signature is hardly "fine print".

Best.
Old 09-25-2015, 1:03 PM

I do not have a "locked case" for any of my firearms, what are your suggestions?
Old 09-25-2015, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John J View Post
I do not have a "locked case" for any of my firearms, what are your suggestions?
You can get a cheap lockable case at Walmart.
Old 09-25-2015, 6:54 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Moscow, Democratic People's Republik of Kaliforniazakstan

Backpack, dufflebag, OEM box, etc. . . Apply lock to the zipper or access point. Done. Can all be put into the same bag.

You should be transporting pistols in this fashion per CA PC, unless the pistols are your permitted carries via CCW or other exempt status.

Long guns also need to be in a case/container while in a municipal area per CA PC and since SGC is next to a school the cases/containers also need to be locked per the GFSZA. It's safe to lock them anyways in the event that you travel by a school.

Don't be that guy that walks in with an open firearm thinking that a cable lock through the chamber is OK. BTW, your cable locks can be used as your bag/container lock.

Last edited by code_blue; 09-25-2015 at 7:02 PM..
Old 09-25-2015, 9:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
cheap locking brief case from Staples, etc. meets requirements to set on the seat next to you and doesn't scream "GUN!"
Old 09-29-2015, 11:36 AM

That's correct, the container just has to be locked. It does not have to be a container with a built in lock. It is recommended that you consolidate your firearms into as few cases as possible so you don't have to carry around a bunch of locks.

Old 09-29-2015, 2:42 PM

So if I want to shoot two long guns and two hand guns I need to purchase four boxes that lock?

No gun socks or lock out indicators allowed?

What is the purpose of the locked case if my plan is to shoot them?
You don't trust me in your parking lot but you do on the firing line??
Odd to say the least.
Old 09-29-2015, 2:53 PM

Quote:
So if I want to shoot two long guns and two hand guns I need to purchase four boxes that lock?

No gun socks or lock out indicators allowed?

What is the purpose of the locked case if my plan is to shoot them?
You don't trust me in your parking lot but you do on the firing line??
Odd to say the least.
You can do whatever you'd like to satisfy CA and Fed firearms transportation laws. If your gun sock is capable of locking then that should work fine. You'll have to clarify what you are defining as a "lock out indicator", but so long as it is a case/bag/container that is capable of being locked or accepting a lock then you're good.

For your other questions. . . It has nothing to do with us trusting our patrons; it has to do with preventing anyone from being the person that causes an incident by violating CA and Federal firearms transportation laws. Violating these laws only makes other responsible firearms owners look bad and can draw the attention or more issues from the antis.

Your firearms must be locked in a case/container per CA and Federal law considering the location of our facility. The exception is if the pistol(s) are your permitted carries. If that is the case then carry on in either on your person or unlocked in your bag/container/case.

Yoshi explained it already so I'll quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbu_yoshi View Post
Backpack, dufflebag, OEM box, etc. . . Apply lock to the zipper or access point. Done. Can all be put into the same bag.

You should be transporting pistols in this fashion per CA PC, unless the pistols are your permitted carries via CCW or other exempt status.

Long guns also need to be in a case/container while in a municipal area per CA PC and since SGC is next to a school the cases/containers also need to be locked per the GFSZA. It's safe to lock them anyways in the event that you travel by a school.

Don't be that guy that walks in with an open firearm thinking that a cable lock through the chamber is OK. BTW, your cable locks can be used as your bag/container lock.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 09-29-2015 at 3:05 PM..