Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2014, 9:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Rep View Post
If I want to introduce a friend to shooting then this is not the place to go because there is no way the range officer will allow me to stand behind my friend while he shoots.

I need to address this topic also. This will be specific to the RSOs on duty, however SGC does not restrict our members from aiding or teaching others how to shoot.

We actually encourage it and this is, in fact, one of our primary missions. We are creating a place where beginner shooters can comfortably and safely practice to become avid shooters. Our goal is to help educate those who are not familiar with firearms, not to alienate them.

We only ask that you advise the RSO or Rangemaster of your plans. They can advise you from there.

Thank you.
Mon-Thu 11 AM-9 PM | Fri-Sat 9 AM-9 PM | Sun 10-5 PM

Glock Blue Label Provider | Promotions | Pistol League | Sacramento | Norcal

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 12-19-2014 at 9:58 AM..
Old 12-19-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacramento Gun Club View Post
Thank you all for the feedback and support! It is definitely appreciated. We are offering a "Thank you for your support" gift to all Calguns members...

When you sign up for a membership, you will get a free Sacramento Gun Club T-Shirt. I'll see if we can extend this for existing CGN members who've already signed up as SGC members.

Just quote this message and post a comment. Print out your post, quoting me, and bring it in to redeem your SGC T-Shirt.

We will keep this going for CGN members while supplies last as we have a limited quantity of the T-Shirts.

See you soon and thank you again for the support!

Current SGC/CGN members, please PM me. Thank you.

Old 12-19-2014, 6:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Thank you for your response. My comments to your response:

Note 1 - I'm not suggesting you allow bags to be strewn around the area, only that I keep my bag neatly under the shooting bench where I know it's secure.

Note 2 - If your RSO is watching the range they're not watching my bag. If they're watching my bag they're not watching the knucklehead beside me. Also, having multiple cameras that allow you to precisely describe a thief who walked out with my property would be little consolation.

Note 3 - IMHO, this is a policy that needs to 'evolve' soon.

Note 4 - I advised the RSO I wanted to keep my bag under the bench to ensure it was safe. That was apparently not a good enough reason.

I'm not going to run the point into the ground but many "mature and responsible firearms enthusiasts", as you describe you desired members and visitors, will not like leaving their firearms out of their control.

I'll watch the thread for future policy announcements.

Quote:
...The reason for this policy is to avoid trip hazards on the firing line. ((Note 1))
Our RSO's and multiple cameras monitor each and every section of the range. ((Note 2))
On another note, please understand that SGC and our policies will evolve with our members. ((Note 3))
If you have a situation that requires you to have a bag next to you, advise the RSOs on staff and they will work with you. ((Note 4))
Old 12-20-2014, 11:12 AM

I am super excited that the gun club is up and running. I visited for this first time today and it's a very nice facility. However, after firing two mags and getting told by the RO that a low ready position wasn't allowed (I'm talking 20deg from horizontal) I left. This goes against all the training that I've had. I'm a CCW and fail to understand how a low ready isn't allowed but drawing from concealed is. Doesn't make any sense. Hopefully SGC changes this policy and PMs me so I will come back.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDub1950 View Post
Thank you for your response. My comments to your response:

Note 1 - I'm not suggesting you allow bags to be strewn around the area, only that I keep my bag neatly under the shooting bench where I know it's secure.

Note 2 - If your RSO is watching the range they're not watching my bag. If they're watching my bag they're not watching the knucklehead beside me. Also, having multiple cameras that allow you to precisely describe a thief who walked out with my property would be little consolation.

Note 3 - IMHO, this is a policy that needs to 'evolve' soon.

Note 4 - I advised the RSO I wanted to keep my bag under the bench to ensure it was safe. That was apparently not a good enough reason.

I'm not going to run the point into the ground but many "mature and responsible firearms enthusiasts", as you describe you desired members and visitors, will not like leaving their firearms out of their control.

I'll watch the thread for future policy announcements.

Sir, I understand that your concern is for the security of your belongings.

I assure you that our RSOs are fully capable of efficiently monitoring the items and the firing line. You will have to trust that the other patrons are respectable members of society.

Again, I need to re-state that we will not allow any sort of shady behavior.

This is our policy and we ask that you respect our decision to hold the policy. If you wish, you may speak directly to the Rangemaster the next time that you visit.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalNative View Post
I am super excited that the gun club is up and running. I visited for this first time today and it's a very nice facility. However, after firing two mags and getting told by the RO that a low ready position wasn't allowed (I'm talking 20deg from horizontal) I left. This goes against all the training that I've had. I'm a CCW and fail to understand how a low ready isn't allowed but drawing from concealed is. Doesn't make any sense. Hopefully SGC changes this policy and PMs me so I will come back.

Hi Norcal, I spoke with the Rangemaster and RSO that advised you of our policy.

What you were doing was consistently firing then dropping the muzzle to low and ready, essentially changing the angle of your muzzle back and forth. It is our policy that you keep the muzzle pointed direct at the backstop.

Drawing from the holster is a controlled maneuver where you should be punching straight out and not at a moon shaped sweep. Please come in a speak to the Rangemaster again.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Hi Norcal, I spoke with the Rangemaster and RSO that advised you of our policy.

What you were doing was consistently firing then dropping the muzzle to low and ready, essentially changing the angle of your muzzle back and forth. It is our policy that you keep the muzzle pointed direct at the backstop.

Drawing from the holster is a controlled maneuver where you should be punching straight out and not at a moon shaped sweep. Please come in a speak to the Rangemaster again.

Are you implying I was making a "moon shaped sweep"? If you are, please review the tape. I'll stand by for an apology. I did speak with rangemaster.
Old 12-20-2014, 1:06 PM

NorCal, you're just being difficult. Ranges have rules, all of them. If you can't do the rules or obey the RSO, you need to shoot on BLM land. Every range in Sacramento has a list of rules. Not all of them are the same, but ALL of them are about safety.

For instance, Yolo Sportsmen's requires "muzzles down", because they have a dirt 'floor', but airplanes and sky-divers above. Sac Valley has a "muzzles up" rule, because they have a 'concrete' floor. (That rule may have gone away, recently, in favor of a new rule that guns must go cased, from the rear tables to the bench.)

Some people can do rules, some people just can't stand 'em. Each to his own, but if you can't do the range rules and you can't just obey an RSO, then please don't stand next to me.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 12-20-2014, 1:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalNative View Post
Are you implying I was making a "moon shaped sweep"? If you are, please review the tape. I'll stand by for an apology. I did speak with rangemaster.
No, Sir. I was describing proper VS improper draw. I do not know if you drew from the holster or not.

Again, I explained the situation to the Rangemaster and the RSO that advised you. Low and ready essentially points the muzzle at the ground and our policy is to keep the muzzle pointed at the backstop.

If you require an additional explanation or require further reasoning, please contact our Rangemaster by visiting, calling, or sending him an email.

Old 12-21-2014, 7:43 PM

Need to clear up a few BS posts about this place. I am a former RSO at an indoor gun range in SoCal. Also, I have shot USPSA and IPSC off and on for over 20 years. I can tell you that Sacramento Gun Club has a found a great balance of safety and freedom to shoot. What other indoor range will let you shoot rapid fire, draw and fire and shoot rifle while prone? They don't put up with any stupidity, and that is exactly why I am a member.
Key points:
*I have brought others in with my guest passes, and I have stood right there with them and instructed them as they shot. I never had any problems with any RSO there. I always found them helpful when needed, but they left us alone unless I asked for something.
*I have no problem leaving my range bag on the table behind me. If someone is stupid enough to steal from a man with a loaded gun in his hand, then natural selection will take care of him soon enough.
*Some people have an issue with not being able to leave firearms in the parking lot, having to bring in guns in a locked case etc...those are the rules they HAD to put in place to get the city to grant them a license. And in my opinion, none of these are really that big of a deal. I carry CCW and just let them know at the door. All my other weapons unloaded and locked in a case. No problem. Stop waving the flag of liberty over every frikin little thing already. It's a minimal trade off to get such an awesome range. These were the city's rules, not SGC. Get over it.
Reading some of these posts made me shiver as I remember all the gun "experts" that argued with me on the range back in the day. They insisted they should be allowed special treatment because they knew better than others. They were usually the ones that put holes in our ceiling tiles. Some people just need to get over themselves.
This is an excellent range no matter what skill level you are. And I am sure you will have a great time here, unless you are some Rambo wannabe that thinks he is all that. Those people should go quick draw themselves a new hole in their foot out on BLM land somewhere.
Don't worry Sac Gun Club, you have the best range in the area. There will always be people that think they know it all, just ignore them and keep doing what you are doing. Oh and don't feed the trolls on here...those of us with real experience can see what morons they are.

Last edited by DontTaseMeBro; 12-21-2014 at 7:50 PM..
Old 12-24-2014, 11:17 AM

Happy Holidays, Everyone! Stay safe and warm!

Old 12-24-2014, 4:45 PM

Picked up my free T-shirt today. Thank you very much and Merry Christmas
Also, I met a fellow shooter picking up some 9mm at Walmart today, told him all about the range. He seemed interested and think he's going to check you guys out
Old 12-25-2014, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTaseMeBro View Post
Picked up my free T-shirt today. Thank you very much and Merry Christmas
Also, I met a fellow shooter picking up some 9mm at Walmart today, told him all about the range. He seemed interested and think he's going to check you guys out
I'm glad that you redeemed the offer. Thank you for the referral. I'm sure that he will be enjoy his visit.

Old 12-30-2014, 5:19 PM

Hello All,

Our Holiday Hours are below:

New Years Eve: 10AM-5PM
New Years Day: 10AM-7PM

Be safe and have fun!

Old 12-30-2014, 9:01 PM

just joined today with my buddies. Free shirt offer still on the table?
Old 12-30-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfrenlikesu View Post
just joined today with my buddies. Free shirt offer still on the table?
Yes, please follow the instructions in my post to redeem.

Were you the gentlemen towards the end of the day?

Old 12-31-2014, 12:14 PM

Yes. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:58 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know about the gunsmith Chad that works at the Sac gun club. I brought in my old Smith & Wesson 586 that I have had since the late 80's. It was my first real handgun and the finish was in bad shape. I met Chad and he went over several options. I settled on Cerakote and the price he quoted me was better than any other local price I could find. He is a little young, but seemed competent, so I let him take a shot (ha ha) at it. He said it would take 2 weeks. He called me in 10 days, I came in and WOW, my old favorite wheelgun looks like a million bucks I am very impressed with his work. This place just keeps impressing me.
Old 01-06-2015, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Thank you all for the feedback and support! It is definitely appreciated. We are offering a "Thank you for your support" gift to all Calguns members...

When you sign up for a membership, you will get a free Sacramento Gun Club T-Shirt. I'll see if we can extend this for existing CGN members who've already signed up as SGC members.

Just quote this message and post a comment. Print out your post, quoting me, and bring it in to redeem your SGC T-Shirt.

We will keep this going for CGN members while supplies last as we have a limited quantity of the T-Shirts.

Hello, Everyone!

Thank you for all of the support. We are officially out of XXL. We have remaining, limited quantities of Men's XL and L. Several M and SM.

Women's and children's sizes are available.

Get them while you can.

Old 01-12-2015, 7:43 PM

Hi all!

We're starting to settle in and in the process of adjusting our prices to be competitive. For our members, if there's something you'd like to see, ask or let one of us know when you come in. We'll see what we can do.

Additionally, we waive the FFL to FFL transfer fee for our members and you are only charged the $25 DROS fee. Please speak with our Facility Manager for additional information.

That's one of the additional benefits that we offer on top of the waived range fees for our members. Our gunsmith also has official Magpul cerakote colors available to you.

Old 01-18-2015, 5:45 PM

Hello, our services list is below:

Sacramento Gun Club Membership and Services List

Old 02-07-2015, 12:37 AM

Welcome to Sacramento!

I do plan to give your range a visit, but I have to say your hourly rates is a huge turnoff!

Update:
Visited your range, nice play to shot.

Last edited by GlockIPSEC; 02-20-2015 at 1:46 AM..
Old 02-07-2015, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockIPSEC View Post
Welcome to Sacramento!

I do plan to give your range a visit, but I have to say your hourly rates is a huge turnoff!

We have a gun club between our network and the consensus was that most of us were NOT going to shoot at a range like this Because of the hourly rates.

We shot a lot, a lot of matches, a lot of practice. Constantly stepping on loose shell casings in our vehicles.

I understand your a new establishment and may offer different amenities others don't. Would love to give yall a shot.

Hello, our members do not pay range fees. They have unlimited access to our ranges at no cost. It's part of their membership amenities.

Only non-members are subject to the hourly rates. If you shoot more than once a month at our range, the membership pays for itself.

Thank you for the feedback.

Old 02-07-2015, 4:12 PM

OK. Rules are rules. we get it. It is rather intuitive that anyone choosing to use your facility will have to abide by your safety policies.

Just my 2 cents, but I am not fond of your high per hour charge. AND then charging for another hour if you surpass your initial hour is rather ludicrous. We all know an average shoot/practice session is typically longer than an hour given setup, number of pistols, cleanup, etc.

I understand your policy on the range bag, but if someone was bold enough to take something are you going to be responsible for replacing all of my lost items since you are claiming your RSOs can multitask?

Membership does have its privileges. You also mention you are trying to build membership to a sustainable level, but do you think your current strategy will encourage non-members to join? Much less walk in the door?

Sounds like you have a top-notch facility, but I tend to agree with ElDub that something will have to evolve or you won't be in business in the long run.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewab0y View Post
OK. Rules are rules. we get it. It is rather intuitive that anyone choosing to use your facility will have to abide by your safety policies.

Just my 2 cents, but I am not fond of your high per hour charge. AND then charging for another hour if you surpass your initial hour is rather ludicrous. We all know an average shoot/practice session is typically longer than an hour given setup, number of pistols, cleanup, etc.

I understand your policy on the range bag, but if someone was bold enough to take something are you going to be responsible for replacing all of my lost items since you are claiming your RSOs can multitask?

Membership does have its privileges. You also mention you are trying to build membership to a sustainable level, but do you think your current strategy will encourage non-members to join? Much less walk in the door?

Sounds like you have a top-notch facility, but I tend to agree with ElDub that something will have to evolve or you won't be in business in the long run.
Thank you for your feedback.

The hourly rate was designed to promote membership as well as maintain lane priority for our members. If a non-member chooses to go over their hour then they will need to pay for the additional hour. How non-members choose to utilize the remainder of the additional hour is up to them. We do this to have set time frames of when lanes would be available for our members while being reasonable for non-members.

Let's take your range bag idea on the reverse, if you tripped over your bag and caused an accident, are you going to be responsible for all costs and damages associated with the accident? Your bag is to remain locked while stored at the table. ONLY you have the key. Our RSO's are NRA certified, have military and peace officer experience, and are very capable of multi-tasking. It isn't a "claim", it is a fact and we'd appreciate if you do not attempt to discredit our staff.

Our business strategy is ours to make. We consistently take input from our members and future members. We are constantly evaluating what policies require updating while maintaining safety as a priority. The feedback from our members and non-members here and in other threads is evidence of this.

At this time, our additional bag policy remains as is. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 02-08-2015 at 11:14 AM..
Old 02-08-2015, 10:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Hello, our members do not pay range fees. They have unlimited access to our ranges at no cost. It's part of their membership amenities.

Only non-members are subject to the hourly rates. If you shoot more than once a month at our range, the membership pays for itself.

Thank you for the feedback.
And this is exactly why I bought a membership!!!

To be is to do. (Plato)

Do be do be do. (Sinatra)
Old 02-08-2015, 12:13 PM

Really, all a non-issue. I already acknowledged your rules and that if I were to visit your facility I would have to abide by your rules. I'm not in disagreement here. If the bag needs to stay locked, then so be it because they are your rules and I am merely a visitor paying for usage. This being said, you still haven't answered my question about potential thefts given that I would have been in compliance with your stated rules.

Instead, you have taken a rather decided defensive position on the reputation of your staff if you feel that I am discrediting them in any way. Its a proven fact that multitasking only produces at best mediocre or average performance. More power to you, your staff, and your facility if you have the ability to control every aspect of safety and security at the same time. Certainties, or in your case the "factual" position that you wish to maintain, tells me your environment is not exactly as what you portray them to be. The fact is mistakes or accidents happen.

I also understand you want to take a personal dig at me, but you do not know my background well enough to automatically assume that I would carelessly place my bag in a spot that would be a liability to myself or others. And why would you think I would walk or transport a loaded weapon in the middle of your range? Rather presumptuous on your part to think that I would exercise poor range safety at any time.

Really, all a non-issue. Good luck to you and your business plan.
Old 02-08-2015, 4:01 PM

I can tell you that from the perspective of someone who has been a member since the opening and uses the facility frequently that flooding the place with people renting inexpensive hourly lanes is the last thing some of us want. My friends and I purchased memberships to escape $9 Groupon shooters who can’t keep rounds off the walls and the ceilings. We all know those shooters exist and most of us have encountered them at least once. The high hourly lane rate incentivizes this group to go elsewhere. While some of the rules may not be to everyone’s taste they provide orderly and safe shooting environment.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:25 PM

I just wanted to chime in to say, I joined on Monday after paying for 2 sessions to "try it out". I am glad the rules are the way they are because I value my safety! Hoping to spend a lot of hours at the "club" over the coming year.
Old 02-11-2015, 1:53 PM

I'm going to chime in and say I would also like the rules changed regarding what is allowed on the shooting bench. I'm usually fine with and often leave my gun cases/bags in the benches behind me at the range. However, I feel like a club like this who is trying to attract a more responsible crowd is extending a lot less trust in their members. The best reasoning I've been given is to try to mitigate someone mixing their magazines and for example shooting a 40s&w through a 45. Personally, I came to SGC to escape these people and mistakes do happen, but tight rules on every member just shows a lack of trust.

Comments regarding the RO's watching your items puts too much responsibility on them when I think it should stay with the owner.

The two firearms on the bench is really my only criticism at this point. Well, aside from having all firearms in a case showing an external lock, but it doesn't effect me because that is already my MO.
Old 02-13-2015, 9:00 PM

I thought the rate was high, locked bag rule sucked,and two gun limit was a little tight, initially. HOWEVER, after sleeping on it I realized they are promoting memberships, and a different crowd than the cheaper, more laid back ranges. This place is like a country club. It really is a one stop shop.

I have my member app filled out and am waiting to hear back on when I can bring it in. [Wink]
Old 02-13-2015, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund99 View Post
I can tell you that from the perspective of someone who has been a member since the opening and uses the facility frequently that flooding the place with people renting inexpensive hourly lanes is the last thing some of us want. My friends and I purchased memberships to escape $9 Groupon shooters who can’t keep rounds off the walls and the ceilings. We all know those shooters exist and most of us have encountered them at least once. The high hourly lane rate incentivizes this group to go elsewhere. While some of the rules may not be to everyone’s taste they provide orderly and safe shooting environment.
^^^^^^^^^^
THIS EXACTLY!!!
Look I agree some if not most rules in life kind of suck. But let's think about this for a minute.
Why have your bag on your bench? Convenience and security seem to be the arguments I am reading. Let's talk convenience first. I have been to this range at least a dozen times if not more. I always bring more than 2 handguns. I leave my case locked right behind me. All I have to do is lay my firearm down and walk 8 feet to get my case and change them out. Is 8 feet really a huge problem? Really?
Now security. I don't expect the RSOs to babysit my stuff, but if someone wants to try to steal a large locked gun case from a 6' 2" man with a gun IN HIS HAND shooting 4" groups at 10 yards, in a room with multiple cameras that are constantly recording, and with an armed RSO...well my friends, that person is a retard, and natural selection will deal with him soon enough.
I have been shooting competitively off and on for 25+ years. I have worked at a gun range, I have been to countless ranges in my time. I have seen some REALLY STUPID S*!T at gun ranges. Hell most of the time it's not the n00bs that put holes in the ceiling, it's the guy who thinks he can cross draw or rapid fire. It's the guy who thinks he can sweep the room as long as his finger is not on the trigger because that's the way he's always done it. And anyone telling him he can't do it is a fascist, because he knows better. ('MERICA!!) A "mistake" form one of these idiots can lead to someone dying. To me the risk does not outweigh the reward. I would rather have the very small (really almost non-existent) risk of having to buy new weapons than the very real risk of having my children grow up without a father. SGC has it right in my opinion.
Old 02-14-2015, 9:30 AM

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^
THIS EXACTLY!!!
Look I agree some if not most rules in life kind of suck. But let's think about this for a minute.
Why have your bag on your bench? Convenience and security seem to be the arguments I am reading. Let's talk convenience first. I have been to this range at least a dozen times if not more. I always bring more than 2 handguns. I leave my case locked right behind me. All I have to do is lay my firearm down and walk 8 feet to get my case and change them out. Is 8 feet really a huge problem? Really?
Now security. I don't expect the RSOs to babysit my stuff, but if someone wants to try to steal a large locked gun case from a 6' 2" man with a gun IN HIS HAND shooting 4" groups at 10 yards, in a room with multiple cameras that are constantly recording, and with an armed RSO...well my friends, that person is a retard, and natural selection will deal with him soon enough.
I have been shooting competitively off and on for 25+ years. I have worked at a gun range, I have been to countless ranges in my time. I have seen some REALLY STUPID S*!T at gun ranges. Hell most of the time it's not the n00bs that put holes in the ceiling, it's the guy who thinks he can cross draw or rapid fire. It's the guy who thinks he can sweep the room as long as his finger is not on the trigger because that's the way he's always done it. And anyone telling him he can't do it is a fascist, because he knows better. ('MERICA!!) A "mistake" form one of these idiots can lead to someone dying. To me the risk does not outweigh the reward. I would rather have the very small (really almost non-existent) risk of having to buy new weapons than the very real risk of having my children grow up without a father. SGC has it right in my opinion.
I don't even mind the 2 gun limit that much. It is the constant locking/unlocking of my case that gets annoying and the reasoning behind it that I don't think makes sense. The case being locked and 8 feet behind the stall doesn't coincide with unsafe behavior for me. I think they are two separate things and agree completely with other posters who are looking for a club WITHOUT the general Johnny handgun renter.
Old 02-14-2015, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvrick View Post
I don't even mind the 2 gun limit that much. It is the constant locking/unlocking of my case that gets annoying and the reasoning behind it that I don't think makes sense. The case being locked and 8 feet behind the stall doesn't coincide with unsafe behavior for me. I think they are two separate things and agree completely with other posters who are looking for a club WITHOUT the general Johnny handgun renter.
Do I think I could safely keep all my stuff on or under my bench? Sure. Do I feel comfortable with everyone else doing it...after all the range stupidity I have seen over the years? Hell no lol.
Also remember this...some of the rules they have in place were put there to satisfy the city and the anti-gunners trying to prevent them from opening. So not all of this is SGCs idea. I would rather have a few rules and have a beautiful range to shoot in rather than have them not exist.
Old 02-16-2015, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Do I think I could safely keep all my stuff on or under my bench? Sure. Do I feel comfortable with everyone else doing it...after all the range stupidity I have seen over the years? Hell no lol.
Also remember this...some of the rules they have in place were put there to satisfy the city and the anti-gunners trying to prevent them from opening. So not all of this is SGCs idea. I would rather have a few rules and have a beautiful range to shoot in rather than have them not exist.
Which rules were put in place to satisfy the city and the anti-gunners?
Old 02-16-2015, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockIPSEC View Post
Which rules were put in place to satisfy the city and the anti-gunners?
I know the one about having to have your firearm in a LOCKED case when entering or leaving the property was one. I know some of the rules regarding how many guns on the line were part of that too. I don't work there so I don't know specifics, I just know they had to jump through a lot of hoops to get up and running. None of their rules bother me, so I shoot there. I prefer an over emphasis on safety. If you do not, shoot elsewhere. Simple as that.
Old 02-19-2015, 2:34 AM

Quote:
I prefer an over emphasis on safety. If you do not, shoot elsewhere. Simple as that.
Agreed.
Old 02-19-2015, 9:33 PM

Quote:

Not sure if this is still going on, but I wish the wife would've known. Today she surprised me with a membership as an early birthday gift. (Though I guess having to make a post would've spoiled the surprise.)

I took a quick walkthrough in December and have been mentioning it to the wife since. Apparently she listened and I'm going back in tomorrow to get the details on the range, policies, rules, etc.
Old 02-21-2015, 4:56 AM

Quote:

Coming in today to join
Old 02-22-2015, 10:10 AM

Hello everyone. I'll be actively monitoring the site today. Please ask questions that have not been addressed. Thanks