Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder > Collector's Exchange
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Collector's Exchange Buy, Sell and Trade C&R Items (Those that do not require an 01 FFL Transfer)

Old 11-23-2017, 7:46 PM

Default WW2 German Mauser 98k byf44 ZF41 sniper, CMP Danish issue Garand

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: bYF44 ZF-41 SNIPER $1,350 * DANISH M1 GARAND $950

Besides the normal every day expenses of running our dog rescue/shelter/sanctuary "Wolf Creek Dog Rescue", such as food, vet bills, medicine, several dogs needing surgeries, etc., we have just been the victims of a hateful, lying, vicious attack by a vile, despicable, back-stabbing, psychotic, insane nut job that is going to cost a lot of money to undo the damage she has done. So I am putting a few more treasures from my collection up for sale to help raise funds for this.

Photos are here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1402880

1. Offered here is a shooter/re-enactor/restoration project grade WW2 German Mauser Byf 44 ZF-41 sniper/optically aided marksman rifle. $1,500 firm + shipping

I believe it is genuine, but I know very little about these or what is correct for the particular serial number blocks for this year and arsenal, and am selling it "as is" and "as described".

The stock has been lightly sanded and given some kind of shiny "pimp snot" clear coat. The waffenamt cartouche on the right side is still visible but I don't see any other markings or a serial number. No serial number on the handguard. There is a little burn mark on the right side of the stock above the band spring right behind the front band.

The bolt, magazine assembly, and bands are all from an earlier rifle and are matching to each other but not the rifle.

The stock inletting for the mount base on the left side looks correct and original - it is not the crude hack-job you see on some standard stocks that have been altered to ZF-41 configuration. The scope and mount are real - the scope is a dow ZF-40 41/1 and the mount is duv. I don't know if the rear sight base with the scope rail on the side is genuine or a well made reproduction - it has no markings on it, but the machining and finish match the barrel and receiver. Front and rear sight bases do not show any signs of having been removed or otherwise tampered with.

Looking through the rear of the scope, it is dark and cloudy like there is cosmoline or something smeared on the inside of the lens. Looking through the front lens, the reticle is present, visible, and intact. The scope had the sun shades, but the little tab on the front of the flat retaining spring for the front one is broken off. Externally the scope and mount are in excellent condition. No scope can or other accessories.

The metal finish on the barreled receiver is excellent - I believe it is original bluing, but again I don't know for sure. The bore is nice and shiny, looks bright and clean with sharp rifling, but maybe a little dust in it....I will run a brush and patch down it do determine for sure its condition.

No import marks, and all Waffenamt and other proof markings are intact.

Serial number is 65914 followed by a little character that looks like L or i

Front sight hood is from a Yugo Mauser, cleaning rod is a little worn and battered looking and not sure what it is from.

I will take and post photos in the day when I have decent natural lighting.

Strip the pimp shine off the stock, replace the bands, bolt, and magazine assembly with correct ones for this rifle, and either get the scope cleaned and repaired or replace it for now with one of the current replicas, and this would make a very presentable, nice, and interesting looking rifle.

If anyone wants more information, please contact me directly by EMAIL at vonweigert(a)earthlink.net

I have no idea what this is worth, so I am putting it up for sale for $1,500 + shipping. to see what kind of interest there might be in it.

2. Beautiful, excellent condition 1903 Springfield $1,200 firm + shipping SOLD

Springfield Armory, Serial number 1249738, which dates the receiver to 1922. The early WW2 barrel is marked SA 7 42. This is just an outstandingly beautiful rifle, with wood and metal in excellent, near mint, condition. Original finish on metal, stock and handguard are excellent original condition with no sanding, shiny pimp-snot, or anything like that. The stock is the semi-pistol grip "scant" stock.

Beautiful bright shiny bore with sharp rifling. This is one of the nicest looking 1903 rifles I have ever encountered, you would be hard pressed to find a better one. If you are looking for a show piece '03, this is it. It comes with a mint condition late WW2 o.d. green cotton web sling.

This is NOT one of the CMP rifles from Greece or where ever, although it might be an old DCM rifle from long, long ago.

Price is $1,200 firm + shipping. (SOLD)

3. CMP Danish issue M1 Garand, $1,000 firm + shipping

Springfield Armory, serial number 4339334, barrel date SA 9 53. I got this one from the CMP 17 years ago when these first came back into the country, it remains just as I got it - untouched and unfired, with the original box and documents. Included is an original Danish sling and oiler/cleaning kit setup I got from the CMP at the same time, and a Danish 1955 dated bayonet with U.S. scabbard.

Good overall external condition, shows use and handling. There is a 2 1/2 inch long hairline crack on the left rear of the front handguard. Stock is Danish beech and numbered to the gun, handguards are European (probably Italian) walnut. Bolt has 774 engraved on it, which does not match the rifle's serial number. Parts are a mix of PB marked Italian and U.S.

The bore looks nice but could use a cleaning, as the gun still has the original Danish cosmoline - now hardened and sticky - inside on all the metal parts.

Price is $1,000 Firm + shipping.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE READ THEM:

PHOTOS: I posted a few photos of the ZF41 sniper and the Garand, and one of the 1903. I will take and post more '03 photos this weekend. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1402880

PAYMENT: Cash, money order, or check. Cash or Postal Money Order are preferred. NO PAYPAL! Repeat, NO PAYPAL!

First definite and unconditional "I'll take it" to my EMAIL at vonweigert(a)earthlink.net gets the item.

I would really rather not ship, but willing to do it IF I can find some boxes that are the right size for these rifles.

Private Party Transfer can be done at Faith Armory or Turners in Temecula, or The Shootist or Brass and Bass in Murrieta. Due to the 24/7 time constraints of running this dog rescue, I can not and will not travel any further than that. I never go to Orange, L.A., or San Diego Counties, and I am not able to meet anyone "halfway" to anywhere.

I'm only selling these to raise funds for our dog rescue, so not really interested in any trades.

C&R FRIENDLY!!!!

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 12-16-2017 at 4:35 PM..
Old 12-15-2017, 8:43 PM

UP^
Old 12-16-2017, 4:35 PM

^^^^