Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 08-28-2013, 6:06 PM

Default New front sight Pistol

http://gunsnut.net/2013/08/front-sig...piece-of-****/
Enjoy
Old 08-28-2013, 9:26 PM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofatactical View Post
Interesting read. I've heard some of the stories about bad experiences and the financial troubles, but I never really heard anyone saying anything that bad about it.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:02 PM

I am confused...
when he said
Quote:
"Seriously, even Gun Site and Thunder Ranch are better than these ‘tards."
Does he mean that Gunsite and Thunder Ranch are bad training or what?

Honestly, the article gives no real information or analysis on the topic, other than implying people go to FrontSight are fat and FMK is an ugly pistol...
He didn't even explain why FMK is a sub-standard gun in his opinion.

Last edited by Lugiahua; 08-28-2013 at 10:05 PM..
Old 08-29-2013, 7:58 AM
Veteran Member

Location: Roseville area, or wherever they pay my confiscatory rates for things only I know how to do (lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiahua View Post
I am confused...
when he said

Does he mean that Gunsite and Thunder Ranch are bad training or what?

Honestly, the article gives no real information or analysis on the topic, other than implying people go to FrontSight are fat and FMK is an ugly pistol...
He didn't even explain why FMK is a sub-standard gun in his opinion.
The writer of the article is really just trolling. Either that, or he is the kind of narcissistic, nihilist, arrested-adolescent male that has sadly become commonplace in online forums.

I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE
Old 08-29-2013, 8:08 AM
Veteran Member

Old 08-29-2013, 8:22 AM
Veteran Member

Location: Roseville area, or wherever they pay my confiscatory rates for things only I know how to do (lol)

This may be the best possible retort to this kind of nonsense:

http://monderno.com/monderno/youre-doing-it-wrong/

I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE
Old 08-29-2013, 8:32 AM

FS charging alot of money? Diamond "lifetime" memberships for $250 is not pricey considering Gunsite costs upward of $1200 for one 5 day class.
I've been to Thunder Ranch for training, it's a different class of shooters for sure, but FS, for the most part turns out safe shooters.
Granted FS is nothing fancy or highspeed/low drag. It's a "fundamentals" school IMO. You can't advance until you master the fundamentals.
Andy is entitled to his opinion and I did not add "Gun Nuts" to my favorites bar after reading and watching the "top posts".
What I can't believe is he didn't speak up on the new FS dry practice app for only.... $99. Yes, ninety nine of your hard earned dollars for an app that can't be used live fire. WTF? over.
You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.
Old 08-29-2013, 8:37 AM

LOL ZT....that guy is "wrong"
You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.
Old 08-29-2013, 1:29 PM
Veteran Member

Wow I didn't even know "apps" went that high in cost. The most expensive one I thought about was $1.99.
I am sure glad I unsubscribed on the email propaganda, just go and train.

Last edited by DSMeyer; 08-30-2013 at 10:15 AM..
Old 08-29-2013, 2:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieTactics View Post
This may be the best possible retort to this kind of nonsense:

http://monderno.com/monderno/youre-doing-it-wrong/

Good times

Old 09-01-2013, 9:44 AM

Are the Diamond memberships offered for $15,000 on their website different from the Diamond memberships offered for $250? How are they different? Mark
Old 09-02-2013, 5:57 AM

The memberships on the frontsight website are offered in public media, with all the SEO benefits of being listed on the frontsight website. I know there are people who pay full price for classes, too (particularly if third parties are paying). The $250 memberships can only be purchased from existing members (and really, they tend to range from free (friends) to $100 (lowest cost basis to get the membership I've seen) to $250 (seems to be prevailing price) to maybe $500). $1k for a frontsight class is still worthwhile if it takes someone from a non-shooter to a safe and confident basic shooter.

The internal-to-members marketing is...complex to decipher, with lots of "exploding offers", "never before seen deals", etc., so it's hard to actually do the math on the true cost of a marginal membership. There does seem to be an underlying push to improve the facility using advance-paid fees, and once the facility is improved, costs will go up, so if I wanted a lifetime membership, I'd probably get one sooner vs. later.

If I could win the scheduling game at Thunder Ranch, or had the money for unlimited classes at TR, GS, USTC/BW, Louis Awerbuck, etc., I'd do it, and hope to in the future.

(I've been an Ambassador member of frontsight for about a year, the tier above Diamond, and am going to my first 4-day shotgun, 4-day pistol, 2-day shotgun, 4-day handgun, 4-day rifle next week. Hoping my OSOE belt and comp-tac holster and stuff get here before I drive out...)
Old 09-02-2013, 8:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG29736 View Post
Are the Diamond memberships offered for $15,000 on their website different from the Diamond memberships offered for $250? How are they different? Mark
I believe back in the days, 15,000 membership comes with a few firearms and a fairly expensive watch...
Old 09-02-2013, 8:39 AM
Veteran Member

^ This. The training cost is fully tax deductible for some. If I had the $$ to blow, I wouldn't mind charging $15k to my business and keeping the M1a, AR, shotgun, pistol, and Rolex watch for my personal use.

I found it interesting that the video goon simply leveled charges against FS without backing anything up. He links to a FS promo video and challenges the viewer to find anything "right" in the video. I didn't see anything that offended me in that video.

I've been to FS once. Paid $50 for a 2-day class. With lodging, gas, and ammo, (and small cache of fireworks in Pahrump) the entire affair cost <$450. The class was just fine. Don't see how I was ripped off or duped as the video goon implied.
Old 09-02-2013, 8:54 AM

The current website shows the $15,000 Diamond membership. Didn't look at everything but didn't notice it including guns. The comment I had seen before was that people who bought memberships at, for example $15,000 with others after them buying them for several hundred dollars, the ones paying the much higher fee were just happy to see other people get a good deal. I can't imagine being happy seeing others buy the membership for $250 if I'd paid $15,000. Mark
Old 09-02-2013, 9:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdl View Post
The memberships on the frontsight website are offered in public media, with all the SEO benefits of being listed on the frontsight website. I know there are people who pay full price for classes, too (particularly if third parties are paying). The $250 memberships can only be purchased from existing members (and really, they tend to range from free (friends) to $100 (lowest cost basis to get the membership I've seen) to $250 (seems to be prevailing price) to maybe $500). $1k for a frontsight class is still worthwhile if it takes someone from a non-shooter to a safe and confident basic shooter.

The internal-to-members marketing is...complex to decipher, with lots of "exploding offers", "never before seen deals", etc., so it's hard to actually do the math on the true cost of a marginal membership. There does seem to be an underlying push to improve the facility using advance-paid fees, and once the facility is improved, costs will go up, so if I wanted a lifetime membership, I'd probably get one sooner vs. later.

If I could win the scheduling game at Thunder Ranch, or had the money for unlimited classes at TR, GS, USTC/BW, Louis Awerbuck, etc., I'd do it, and hope to in the future.

(I've been an Ambassador member of frontsight for about a year, the tier above Diamond, and am going to my first 4-day shotgun, 4-day pistol, 2-day shotgun, 4-day handgun, 4-day rifle next week. Hoping my OSOE belt and comp-tac holster and stuff get here before I drive out...)
Whoa, that sounds like a Timeshare/car sales pitch.
Do they throw in a "free" microwave oven?
Old 09-27-2013, 7:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofatactical View Post
ROFL.. clearly the Front Sight staff have never seen a donut they didnt like.... Im wondering if they are all named "bubba"...
Old 09-28-2013, 10:30 AM

I'm a line coach at FS and my name is Steve.
5'9, 155lbs.
But yes, I like donuts.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhorse2010 View Post
I'm a line coach at FS and my name is Steve.
5'9, 155lbs.
But yes, I like donuts.
Well the "fat bodies" seem to get all the camera time in the videos... LOL. Im sure all those fat bodies are fresh out of the military and LE agencys.... "taught by seasoned and professional law enforcement, military, and private citizen instructors to levels that far exceed law enforcement and military standards". Looks like the only seasoning those boys have had is on their baby back ribs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiahua View Post
I believe back in the days, 15,000 membership comes with a few firearms and a fairly expensive watch...
Just what you want in firearms instruction... Swag... like at the Academy Awards... ROFL. Its not small arms training... its the "four weapons combat master" "lifestyle" at Front Sight...

Last edited by Ronin2; 09-28-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 09-28-2013, 11:41 PM

The Front Sight Pistol can only be used with the Weaver and you must achieve a surprise break.