Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 64 7.98%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 537 66.96%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 17 2.12%
I paid too much for my Membership! 38 4.74%
They will go out of business this year! 20 2.49%
Don't want anything to do with them! 126 15.71%
Voters: 802. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverwcw View Post
Has anybody been to the class and seen somebody using a lever or bolt action?
There was one bolt gun and one weird closed bolt semiauto Uzi carbine with a long barrel in mine. I'd probably love the class with a lever gun. (I had Seth Nolan as rangemaster, son of the armorer -- he is great. Had him again for DHG and made massive improvements from marginal G to a couple points short of DG
Old 04-06-2017, 11:06 PM
CGN Contributor

I've seen both lever actions and bolt guns in the class. I can't recall how the lever actions did, but the bolt action shooters had it a little easier as they got an extra second for the second shot of the controlled pair. The malfunctions were easier.
Old 04-07-2017, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertClimber View Post
Hey Calgunners- Anyone have the Producer/Director/TV upgrade thingy?
Anyone?
Old 04-07-2017, 9:34 AM

I decided to "donate" another $300 to Frontsight and added the "TV" membership.

I use my FS credits for targets at the pro shop - that's about all that's left that you can buy

You are provided with a userid and password to access the members only section on frontsight.tv which allows you to view the full-length videos.

No way to "share", unless you give out your userid and password....
Old 04-07-2017, 9:59 AM
CGN Contributor

In what format are the videos? The vids could be shared after being ripped.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:27 AM

I do not know the video format, but I am not up for distributing bootlegged/pirated videos of copyrighted material....

Always glad to share my thoughts, opinions, and advice regarding Frontsight and shooting
Old 04-07-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_G22 View Post
Damn. Frame broke on my Gen 4 Glock 22. Back, Left metal rail cracked off...

Will call Glock customer service on Monday. They have taken care of me before...

Thought I felt an intermittent "clunk" when I was out at Frontsight shooting last Thursday.

Must have more rounds through this gun than I thought!

Talked to Glock and sent my broken frame to them 10 days ago...

Just received a brand new frame (lower) with all new internal parts. They also replaced two old RSA's that I had sent back....

Included a letter stating that the old serial numbered frame had been destroyed and replaced with the new serial numbered frame.

What AWESOME customer service from Glock!!!!
Old 04-07-2017, 1:22 PM

Quote:
No way to "share", unless you give out your userid and password....
What about a 'showmypc' session so I won't have your password or anything, but I can still peek into the new FS TV? (You would log in and have control of my PC for the session)

I'll transfer $50 for your next background check, or... What would you like in trade?
Old 04-07-2017, 1:38 PM

Quote:
A buddy and I are headed to the handgun skillbuilder next week. I always look forward to the trips. I will likely go to the 2 day shotgun in May and I'm thinking about the 2 day rifle in July. Which brings me to a question, I know the rifle course is geared toward the AR15 but I'd really like to take it with a lever action 30-30. I'm not too concerned about the testing process. Has anybody been to the class and seen somebody using a lever or bolt action?
I haven't seen lever action, but at my last class, someone was using a Steyr scout.
Old 04-07-2017, 1:47 PM

Quote:
A buddy and I are headed to the handgun skillbuilder next week. I always look forward to the trips. I will likely go to the 2 day shotgun in May and I'm thinking about the 2 day rifle in July. Which brings me to a question, I know the rifle course is geared toward the AR15 but I'd really like to take it with a lever action 30-30. I'm not too concerned about the testing process. Has anybody been to the class and seen somebody using a lever or bolt action?
Use it and love it. I have seen several lever guns. It is great to try a weapon out and learn to use it by getting 2 full days of shooting. I wish they were more open then giving you a dirty look because you have red dots on handguns, etc... if that's what you want to use then learn to use it!

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
Old 04-08-2017, 1:21 PM

I'm going to 4 DDHG on May 1st. I had a guy named Dustin Chaccio "chaci" for my first 4 day and thought he was pretty funny. Anybody got a suggestion for a range master? I like to have a good laugh.

Old 04-09-2017, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoWrench View Post
I'm going to 4 DDHG on May 1st. I had a guy named Dustin Chaccio "chaci" for my first 4 day and thought he was pretty funny. Anybody got a suggestion for a range master? I like to have a good laugh.
See if Phil Maldonado is there. Excellent instructor and funny as hell.
Old 04-10-2017, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Talked to Glock and sent my broken frame to them 10 days ago...

Just received a brand new frame (lower) with all new internal parts. They also replaced two old RSA's that I had sent back....

Included a letter stating that the old serial numbered frame had been destroyed and replaced with the new serial numbered frame.

What AWESOME customer service from Glock!!!!

That was my experience also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Front Sight Commander member.
NRA Life Member
Old 04-13-2017, 12:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Help for a FS Instructor . . .

Many folks have worked with Erik on the range. He is great guy and is great to work with on the range. Anyway, if you can help Erik out, I am sure it would be appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-support-eriks-recovery

PM me for information on low-priced Front Sight Memberships!

Last edited by AAShooter; 04-13-2017 at 3:37 PM..
Old 04-15-2017, 1:04 PM

Default More Offers

Don't know how many are seeing the latest offers, but they are coming fast. First there is the new offer to get just "video" access to Dr. P's I will make you a millionaire series. It was 10k to get there in person, now get the video's for a couple of hundred.

Also just got another type of president membership. Upgrade a heritage membership to add the president (so you can have private training) for 799. All the normal stuff added like all TBD's are commander, guns at cost, ammo, etc.

For those with a heritage that are not going to buy a condo, this may be a good deal. Recall, if you don't buy the condo when offered (TBD), you revert back to what ever membership you had. This could be a way to secure a president at a low price point (for the private training).

Thoughts?
Old 04-15-2017, 1:13 PM

I am curious about how the private training works. Let's say 100 people request it on a given day. Do they have the personnel and the bays available while still having bays and personnel available for regular classes? Or will they ration it out and say days not available when one requests private training.
Old 04-15-2017, 3:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks View Post
I am curious about how the private training works. Let's say 100 people request it on a given day. Do they have the personnel and the bays available while still having bays and personnel available for regular classes? Or will they ration it out and say days not available when one requests private training.
I believe it is FCFS. I was wait listed for a private training session. They final came through with an opening but it was to close to the training date for me to get everything together to attend. I imagine a lot depends on what class you want.

On a related note, the lady that coordinates the private training is great to work with a does a good job.

I assume the offer is for private 1:1 training. This consumes instructors even faster than the president memberships.

Finally, the private training is good and you get a lot accomplished in a short amount of time but you don't get to request specific instructors.

Old 04-15-2017, 7:47 PM
Veteran Member

So, FS booted me off the e-mail island many moons ago, so I have no idea what the latest membership levels are. But, this private training stuff only comes in at the President level? What is the cheapest way to get a President membership? No, not ready to buy anything yet, just circling the bait...

So, is it hard to schedule private training? Awkward schedules, etc.?
Old 04-16-2017, 7:29 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: South Orange County, where I regularly provide free training in Estate Planning and Concealed Carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBay Shooter View Post
Don't know how many are seeing the latest offers, but they are coming fast. First there is the new offer to get just "video" access to Dr. P's I will make you a millionaire series. It was 10k to get there in person, now get the video's for a couple of hundred.

Also just got another type of president membership. Upgrade a heritage membership to add the president (so you can have private training) for 799. All the normal stuff added like all TBD's are commander, guns at cost, ammo, etc.

For those with a heritage that are not going to buy a condo, this may be a good deal. Recall, if you don't buy the condo when offered (TBD), you revert back to what ever membership you had. This could be a way to secure a president at a low price point (for the private training).

Thoughts?
If you were President (old type) before upgrade to Heritage, and then didn't proceed with condo, you would still have private training under the old President.
Old 04-16-2017, 7:32 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

Some of the membership upgrades included private training certificates. That's another way to get private training on a limited basis. I think they may be transferable as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2017, 8:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegunnr View Post
Some of the membership upgrades included private training certificates. That's another way to get private training on a limited basis. I think they may be transferable as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
They are transferable and many us have them. Typically they are certs for one day of private training.

Old 04-16-2017, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
They are transferable and many us have them. Typically they are certs for one day of private training.
Yep, I was a Guardian before the Heritage upgrade. So if I don't get the condo, I go back to the Guardian. No guns and no ammo perk. Just a TON of tbds, and certs.

The president offer might be a good one, but need more than just private training for me. Need him to offer something with me, plus x.
Old 04-17-2017, 7:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBay Shooter View Post
Yep, I was a Guardian before the Heritage upgrade. So if I don't get the condo, I go back to the Guardian. No guns and no ammo perk. Just a TON of tbds, and certs.

The president offer might be a good one, but need more than just private training for me. Need him to offer something with me, plus x.
I have the President with me and one other person. It works out pretty well. Always fun to have a training partner.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:29 AM

So I went to google maps, remember the movie the earth movers are moving in, The hotels are coming? Well nothing after 3 years except more ranges? Go there your self. More lies from the chiropractor. But he will still engrave your name in the front site monument. I am still waiting 13 years for just that. My life time member ship is worth? Well my wife and I are going to Gun Site for our anniversary a place where you can be proud of your diploma. Oh and they trained the chiropractor who then opened his facility. I told you nothing would be built, he has given away so many free nights at the hotel that he would not make any money from the hotels. So if you think the will be built your a fool. They will be full of lifetime members staying for free as a part of their B.S. free be, to give him your money to upgrade $ to get the latest last chance don't miss this as it is the end I am shutting down special of the month.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member

So close to using my Ignore button. But I could always use the comedy.
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 04-20-2017, 6:43 PM

Woody!! Good to see you're back!
Old 04-21-2017, 6:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Good to see he hasn't lost focus.

Old 04-21-2017, 8:25 AM

wOOdmaster, what does Gun Site cost?
Old 04-21-2017, 5:58 PM

oh look, woodie is back!
awww, we missed ya little buddy. /sarcasm
Old 04-22-2017, 9:49 PM

Default Booking private

I am doing HSB on 5/26-5/27 (after missing DG by one shot last time, doh), and was going to use up my privat cert on 5/25 to get an extra shot at the skills test, but was told "all the ranges are full that day" with an offer of waitlist.

I think I'll just do m16 again 5/22 through 5/25 instead, and use up my 1+1 cert when I'm back in July for a conference. The President2 and President3 upgrades are only valid for private training after 9/1.

(I also picked up my Hawk 12ga from years ago; they still owe me one more. It is nicer than the cheap 870s, but really heavy. Still, totally worth the $50 plus $38 in ffl and WA use tax)
Old 04-24-2017, 10:59 AM

So cheap is all that matters. He has lied for over 15 years. Not one thing he has promised, not even the engraved head stone has come true for gods sake not even the head stone. Not one. At what point do you feel you are fools for following him. Cheap cheap cheap, well I will check back when I have my diploma from Gun Site Academy, where I can be proud of it. No one says I am a front site graduate with pride anymore. Any one can, I mean anyone can say that. I see you are still waiting for your gun.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:00 AM

Default front site

So cheap is all that matters. He has lied for over 15 years. Not one thing he has promised, not even the engraved head stone has come true for gods sake not even the head stone. Not one. At what point do you feel you are fools for following him. Cheap cheap cheap, well I will check back when I have my diploma from Gun Site Academy, where I can be proud of it. No one says I am a front site graduate with pride anymore. Any one can, I mean anyone can say that. I see you are still waiting for your gun.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Tell us how Gun Site goes. BTW, what did your class their cost?

Old 04-25-2017, 5:38 AM

Look I do not care that you go there, I am not saying I will not ever again. Just the endless fawning of the place like it was the all grand high puba. Its a cheap (real cheap) place to go to get average training. I also have done law enforcement training. What I learned at LE courses was a blow away to FS. I was pissed when they stopped the turning targets, when I was there years ago they used TT as something that set them apart fro other trainers. They raved about it and said many times nothing compares to actual turning targets that was until TT targets became a cost problem and they stopped using them, then they said they were unnecessary. Of course. I had people smelling of booze next to me and had to have them ejected or I was going to leave. They just moved him and then the guy next to them sad the same thing. So they moved him to another group. Thats just wrong. The quality of people has tanked, I have people tel me that still go there. Remember you do not know what you don't know. You do not I have been at other places and have something to compare it to. And soon will have the best of the best to compare it to. Seems you guys are the rather have $1 ok hot dogs than $3 hot dog that is to die for. I know people who have been to both GS and FF and they say there is nothing to compare. Not in the same league. You know they take $150 back ground check, Gun site does not just a DL and carry permit or Passport (so thats F.S. bull s***) and guys you need to get a hotel,eat and travel. I am going to let you know what it was like when I get back. Remember they trained Piazzio! Just seems if a few more people complained about all the things he has either lied about or not come through with he may do something. But as long as he can do not wrong in you guys eyes he has no reason to change. People are still waiting years for guns they never got. Its just terrible the stuff he has done to his customers. Good luck guys. He does not get away with screwing me anymore.

Last edited by w00dmaster; 04-25-2017 at 5:46 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 04-25-2017, 6:31 AM

I have my own complaints about FS but let's clear up some things. The annual background check is $50 if you take a class that calendar year, not $150.

The 4DDHG class I took a couple years ago had mostly static targets, but we did have some time on turners. The skills test was on statics.

The Skill Builder I recently took was exclusively on turners.

I've also taken classes from other schools and definitely don't consider FS top tier, but it is a cheap place to get good trigger time. To me it's a decent value proposition especially for those focusing on basic fundamentals. Perhaps my opinion will change when I take the advanced courses.

The instructors are personable and professional. If students have been drinking, they should be ejected immediately at any school. You can't fix stupid.

FS marketing is ridiculous. It's best to ignore it. A guy next to me was shooting an FS gifted .380 and it was constantly double feeding and the front sight broke off twice. Again, a marketing thing.

I think you can learn something from any experience if you make it a learning experience. The FS value proposition is a personal decision.
Old 04-25-2017, 4:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dmaster View Post
Look I do not care that you go there, I am not saying I will not ever again. Just the endless fawning of the place like it was the all grand high puba. Its a cheap (real cheap) place to go to get average training. I also have done law enforcement training. What I learned at LE courses was a blow away to FS. I was pissed when they stopped the turning targets, when I was there years ago they used TT as something that set them apart fro other trainers. They raved about it and said many times nothing compares to actual turning targets that was until TT targets became a cost problem and they stopped using them, then they said they were unnecessary. Of course. I had people smelling of booze next to me and had to have them ejected or I was going to leave. They just moved him and then the guy next to them sad the same thing. So they moved him to another group. Thats just wrong. The quality of people has tanked, I have people tel me that still go there. Remember you do not know what you don't know. You do not I have been at other places and have something to compare it to. And soon will have the best of the best to compare it to. Seems you guys are the rather have $1 ok hot dogs than $3 hot dog that is to die for. I know people who have been to both GS and FF and they say there is nothing to compare. Not in the same league. You know they take $150 back ground check, Gun site does not just a DL and carry permit or Passport (so thats F.S. bull s***) and guys you need to get a hotel,eat and travel. I am going to let you know what it was like when I get back. Remember they trained Piazzio! Just seems if a few more people complained about all the things he has either lied about or not come through with he may do something. But as long as he can do not wrong in you guys eyes he has no reason to change. People are still waiting years for guns they never got. Its just terrible the stuff he has done to his customers. Good luck guys. He does not get away with screwing me anymore.

Did I miss the answer to 'how much does it cost' question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM about Front Sight Lifetime Memberships or Training Certificates
Old 04-26-2017, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Woody, I agree with you on one thing. I'd love to train at Gunsite. Same with Thunder Ranch and perhaps even Shoot Rite.

My pockets don't run that deep. But if they did, I would. Would I still train at FS? Sure! Why not? They're close enough. Inexpensive and a ton of fun!
M&P Shield 9 (wifes)
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 04-27-2017, 7:01 AM

Woody, you have a serious mental issue. Everyone here knows how much you dislike Frontsight, a lot of people even agree with you. BUT man, why on earth do you keep coming back to a thread that is titled "Frontsight member check in here " unless your a sadist and just want to stir up crap? Do yourself a favor along with everyone else and just skip over this thread. Enjoy your training elsewhere, even start a thread of your own with an AAR, guys here just don't single this particular thread only.
BTW, Nothing is going to change at Frontsight it's the Dr's business model and he'll do and say anything to keep the doors open and keep a somewhat steady cash flow in.
Old 04-27-2017, 7:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Someone needs to get a life, No posts other than the 54 he has in this thread. Go away TROLL.
Old 04-27-2017, 2:41 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

Friends just got back from 2 Day Rifle and said they used the new Phase 3 ranges.